Your Next Game - The Lottery 3 (event closed)

My plan for the weekend was to play it some FFX, but the Symphonia We Play got another checkpoint so I prioritised that (and I can't believe the similarities between FFX and Symphonia, they're so similar!) and I'll spend today watching anime again, but I'll see if I can get closer to completing the story tomorrow. They're super exciting plans, I know :P Have fun with the Destiny! I've heard it isn't the most pleasant of grinds xD also, what's Dust like? I've been thinking about trying it out at some point.

I hope those who celebrate it had an awesome thanksgiving btw!

Good to hear you're liking FFX, gives me confidence in starting it back up. The grind isnt bad because theres so much to do, but when you just dont want to play it anymore, its awfully boring. That can be said about any game though :P Dust is a fun metroidvania style game, its also really short so I have no idea why its taken me almost a year to beat it xD The artstyle is amazing.

I'm gonna be playing a lot of the binding of Isaac, I have to get 4 more items for the platinum, but they're really rare. 

Is Freedom Wars a game that could potentially take over my life? Because I should probably try to get the Isaac plat before I get it downloaded ^<>^

Yes, Freedom Wars can get extremely addicting, especially if you're playing Coop. Havent stopped by the we play thread, but are you guys going to coop through the game? I believe its up to 4 players so if you had an even amount of players you could probably pull it off. I want to join because the game is so good, even though I already got the plat, but I dont want to over commit myself to too many games lol. Good luck with Isaac.

No real plans this weekend, aside from watching West Wing during the evening visits with my Aunt and Uncle for coffee. Other than that, I've got the Prince of Persia dlc that I might bang out soon. It's about 2 hours long so, even if I choose to play it twice, it should only take one sitting. Then, after I get the 100%, there'll be no excuses left to use in between me and Catlevania: Lords of Shadow. :ninja:

I completely forgot about that "epilogue" DLC. Kinda dumb it wasnt in the main game seeing as how the ending was pretty lacking. 

Oh and I'll be putting up christmas lights today, in the freezing cold/wet. FUN TIMES. 

• Like 2

Thanksgiving went pretty well today with good food, Splatoon, AC: Unity, a Hawlucha plushy, a Modern Mario amiibo, a year of PS+, and PS3 copies of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Lego Batman 3, and PvZ: Garden Warfare.

Not much to report gameplay-wise besides that I finished American McGee's Alice...

1. That sounds like an amazing Thanksgiving day. Just wow. :)

2. You say you finished McGee, but your trophies say otherwise. :ninja: Time to update your profile. :shakefist:

Also, the main Alice game is absolutely superb. I highly recommend that game to anyone. :D

Edited by effdeegee

12.5 hours this time... I promise I won't mention it anymore. :P

I decided to start up the Prince of Persia "Epilogue" dlc and see if I could knock out the 10 remaining trophies needed for the 100% in just a couple of hours, but quickly found that the platforming sections were a pretty significant ramp up from the main game and made getting a few of the the trophies a bit more difficult and frustrating. :S

I still managed to get 4/10 and will get 4 more as soon as I complete the story. Then I'll just need to go back and get the last 2. :)

• Like 1

I bought hatsune miku diva f for vita during the latest sale :D alreqdy got a few trophys, but now comes the grinding part. Will probably take some time to finish this game up. But it's really cool. Oh, and I bought almost the complete studio ghibli bluray collection :D

And finally i preordered the division to get a key for the closed beta starting next month.

That's all news for me

Edited by cybershark91

I just finished off the Prince of Persia "Epilogue" dlc and scored 5 trophies (4 were at the same time). :awesome: I now sit at 9/10 for the dlc. I just need to go back and get the 10 "Frescos" and then I'll have the 100%. :D

EDIT: I got the PoP 100%. :)

Looks like this week is gonna be a Castlevania: Lords of Shadow week. :jaymon:

Also, I crunched some numbers and found that I was right to feel that the posts were less frequent than before.

- The Lottery 2 had 434 posts in its first 19 days.

- The Lottery 3 has 279 posts in the first 16 days.

<_<

Edited by effdeegee

Awh that's quite sad haha, It doesn't feel like I'm too far into it - time flies when you're having fun xD. Yeah I've been keeping an eye out for it but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere ><

Yeah the way characters are unlocked is by finding them in Ambition Mode or by having them as a playable option in certain battles in Story mode - it's quite annoying, especially since I think Yuanji doesn't appear for a few battles in Jin, but it was cool trying out different characters that I probably wouldn't have considered before xD yeah I think he voices 4 characters in the game which is awesome, and Sunshang Xiang and Sima Zhao are two of my favourites too! I'm excited to see what you think of the hypothetical objectives/stories and the different characters :D

I can easily see myself forgetting what happens in the other movies by the time the next comes out, especially since it'll be about 2 years for them all to come out, not sure if you prefer watching anime and stuff on CrunchyRoll but you could try sites like kissanime or horriblesubs and see if they have it? And god it's the worst when series do that  :facepalm: Character development is always something I enjoy watching in anime and other things, it's so hard to watch when they basically remain the same way throughout a whole 12/24 ep run. Thanks for the heads up, hopefully I don't get too mad at the end :P

Game update: I think I'm pretty far into FFX's story which is sad since it feels like it's quite short (I say as my playtime is 24 hours xD) , but then again I don't really know how close I am to the end. I'll put where I am in a spoiler because, you know, spoilers :P

As of now, I've defeated Maester Seymour and while running away became stranded near Home. Upon reaching it, and after Tidus discovered the truth about the summoning (which took him a bit too long tbh), Home was destroyed (whomp whooomp). In the airship, they found out Seymour was ''alive'' and kidnapped Yuna, and then the airship was attacked and I'm just before the dragon boss thing.

This game is growing on me a lot. I'm a sucker for actual character development and it's beginning to happen, especially for Wakka. Screw the Wendigo though, which was the cause for my first game over - I was so unprepared for that boss  :facepalm:

My plan for the weekend was to play it some FFX, but the Symphonia We Play got another checkpoint so I prioritised that (and I can't believe the similarities between FFX and Symphonia, they're so similar!) and I'll spend today watching anime again, but I'll see if I can get closer to completing the story tomorrow. They're super exciting plans, I know :P Have fun with the Destiny! I've heard it isn't the most pleasant of grinds xD also, what's Dust like? I've been thinking about trying it out at some point.

I hope those who celebrate it had an awesome thanksgiving btw!

I do prefer sites like Crunchyroll and Hulu as they are legal and ad revenue goes to the anime publishers, which I would like to support them in some way. I'm not sure if Crunchyroll is available in the U.K. but the first episode is currently available for free users and the other three will be available on December 20. I guess I'll wait until Christmas and watch it then. I have a pretty good memory when it comes to stories so I'll have to see as to how they'll progress, as most of them are young adults and that part wasn't really of focus on the second series. The main highlight of the second series of Digimon was the first villain and I'll let you see as to how dastardly he is. The cast of the second series mainly has character development when it came to the second power-up, but that character development is done by actions that weren't previously done up to that point and won't occur once the episode is over so it's quite moot. There are some shows that are "monster-of-the-week" and the Digimon series does use that formula but at least there's character development, pacing for how powers are obtained and how the villain of the arc is defeated. Enough of me ranting on the second season and I'll let you see how it fares.

It does look like you're almost done with the game as that's quite far into the story. Wakka does learn to think more for himself and it's good that he's seeing the BS in the world; too bad Lulu got the short-end in terms of character development as she gets one scene, which involves an optional dungeon, so her character could have easily been written out. Auron is an odd case as he doesn't really mature as he already has from his previous pilgrimage and is using that experience to aid the younger group. I'd say to save often as you're getting close to fighting Behemoths and Malboros and those could easily rout your team.

In regards to Dynasty Warriors 8 I spent an hour on the first mission of the Wei story and I'm surprised that normal mode is challenging. I died three times before I was finally able to finish the chapter; one death was a single hit by Lu Bu at medium health, the second by a named officer while at low health, and the third was by ballistae that quickly depleted my full health bar. One thing I noticed during my retries is that shielding is very important as I was losing health rapidly if officers were able to juggle me in the air. I'm not confident if I'll be able to complete the game before New Years but I'll at least aim to finish the four main stories.

1. That sounds like an amazing Thanksgiving day. Just wow. :)

2. You say you finished McGee, but your trophies say otherwise. :ninja: Time to update your profile. :shakefist:

Also, the main Alice game is absolutely superb. I highly recommend that game to anyone. :D

If you're talking in regards to Alice: Madness Returns, that games does improve alot from the original American McGee's Alice; hitting enemies feels like I'm hitting them instead of air, jumping isn't ridicously overboard, and enemies don't hit hard enough to knock you back into a pit. Despite all of these positive changes I felt bored in the first chapter of Madness Returns and I'm not sure why that is. I'll have to think a bit more about it but I'll give until the end of Chapter 2 to change my mind before I ditch it and move on to Killer is Dead.

I started playing Castlevania: Lords of Shadow tonight and my initial impressions are all fairly positive. :)

At first, I was extremely happy that I was assigned a game that I already owned but, when I went to start the whole process of searching for the trophy guides and looking over the trophies and walkthroughs, I found that there are two $10 dlc packs. :S

Upon further investigation, I found an "Ultimate Edition" that not only includes both $10 dlc packs, but also the Mirror of Fate PSN title and the Lords of Shadow 2 demo. This led me to ponder what would be cheaper; to keep my copy and pay $20 for the two dlc packs, or sell the copy and repurchase it as the Ultimate Edition. It worked out to be cheaper to just keep my copy and buy the dlc separately and I wouldn't have to wait several days to start my game so, I loaded 'er up, baby! :jaymon:

The only real complaints could be that it wasn't that much more expensive (like $5), I probably could have waited the minor amount of shipping time without it being a big deal and now I won't be getting the Mirror of Fate game. All are no biggie to me, either way, really. :dunno:

Regardless, the game is loaded now and I'm happy with it so far. :)

A few, very quick, initial impressions are:

1. The story, although terribly cliche, is delivered in a gripping manner. Very spooky stuff that makes you want to keep clicking "next chapter" just so you can see how the story plays out and then you can hear the next part... and then the next part...

2. The graphics are pretty sweet. Even on the lowest settings, they're still better than almost every other PS3 game I've seen.

3. The voice acting is some of the best. I'm only a few chapters in but, I'm actually anxious to see how far they can take the emotions of the characters. The story's narration is absolutely top quality, as well.

4. The camera is not terrible but, can be a bugger at times. Fixed camera angles frequently make for not being able to see enemies off screen and there's also a few times where the camera pans out too far away and it's hard to see where you're jumping during platforming, or see what you're doing during combat.

Anywho. That's my 2 cents. :wave:

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 2

Glad to hear you like it eff, I got about halfway through years ago and I thoroughly enjoyed what i played, it just got put on the back burner after a while. Its a super long game considering its genre. I was pretty bummed to hear that the sequel was "okay". Never really played old school castlevania games so I wasnt as butt hurt as most with the direction the game went.

Anyways, Im pissed. I brought my ps3 to school and stuff to stealthily download Okami and some other games I had bought :ninja:. I open my bag to plug all my crap in and BAM, my HDMI cord was broken D: Must've been too rough with it walking from my car :( Since I already paid for parking im not going out to buy a new one and then coming back, so I'll have to wait till my next class (thursday) to download it. :shakefist: I was really hyped to start it tonight too!

Edited by Boooda

Catherine - Status Update #3

I've made some good progress over the last few days - since my last update I've beaten stages 3 and 4 and done the first two parts of stage 5. The difficulty has definitely risen significantly, especially in the latter part of stages - many, many deaths, but fortunately extra lives are plentiful, so I've been able to max out the lives counter at 99. It seems that, over the last couple of stages, the key to success is grabbing the right power-ups; in some levels, I was tearing my hair out as I came across what looked like an unwinnable situation near the top, only to suddenly remember that I had picked up a vital power-up on my way up.

I'm making sure to talk to everybody in the areas between levels, and in the bar; so hopefully I'm setting myself up to receive a big haul of trophies later on.

8% trophy completion (6 of 50 trophies earned)

Away from Catherine, I've bought Crazy Taxi and Daytona USA for £1.95 each in PSN's Black Friday Sale, and I'm liking the look of this month's Plus offerings for PS3 (SSX and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon).

• Like 4

I've been playing Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for a while; man, this is a long game. I feel like I've been playing for a week straight and I'm only halfway through the second chapter. To add to my feelings would be looking ahead and seeing that there's 12 chapters, 50+ levels, multiple playthroughs and cleanup. :blink:

Considering almost every trophy is attached to completing an entire chapter, replaying every level to complete all of the trials and finding all of the collectibles, the trophies are coming extremely slowly. Me want trophies. :(

Although my resilience and patience seem to be lacking, because the light at the end of the tunnel seems so far away, I am, however, getting a better handle on the combat so, the game is becoming a bit more enjoyable in that sense. I'm starting to get a few more powerups, combos and magical abilities and I'm getting better at parrying so, my ass isn't being handed to me on such a frequent basis anymore. :lol:

I know for a fact I won't complete this game at any point in the near future so, I'll just pick away at the game each day, a little at a time, and keep bumming around here in the hopes that some FRIGGIN' CONVERSATION MIGHT EVENTUALLY BREAK OUT. <_<

Sorry. As I was saying; the game is good so far and does the things and the other stuff.

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 1

Popping in to say that I am still following this thread with interest. I will admit to feeling a bit better about not signing up for the simple reason that my PS4is waiting for a box so it can be shipped to Sony for repair, and I would be more upset by this if I had a PS4 lottery game in my queue. As it is, I am really missing Rocket League, but it's not worth the hassle of jumping through hoops to get the poor thing to turn on every time I want to use it. I am told I should have it back and repaired by Christmas, so we will see. I only had it for two days before it started having issues. :(

I am glad everyone is enjoying their games so far. I love watching this thread just to see ideas for other games to pick up. Not that I need to add more to my backlog or anything...

• Like 2

*snip*

That sucks to hear about you not having your PS4 for the holidays. At a time when global morale seems to dip the lowest, I can only sympathize that a major source of entertainment is missing in your home. I hope it comes back in a speedy manner, in perfect condition and that you have something to keep you occupied until that day comes. :)

I played Castlevania for a little bit longer, beat a couple of levels and then shut 'er down for the night.

I have this odd feeling where, I want to say that the pacing is very slow and long, but that's actually a good thing for this game(?). If it were any faster, I can only imagine I'd be overwhelmed and a lot of the story and combat progression would end up being lost with me. I'm on story level 13 or 14 and they're still introducing new aspects of the gameplay in every level. I've read a bit further ahead in the walkthrough that I've been referencing every now and then and I'm already seeing that there's much more still to come, too.

Anywho. :)

• Like 1

That sucks to hear about you not having your PS4 for the holidays. At a time when global morale seems to dip the lowest, I can only sympathize that a major source of entertainment is missing in your home. I hope it comes back in a speedy manner, in perfect condition and that you have something to keep you occupied until that day comes. :)

You make me sound so ungrateful. :(

I'm just sad because it was a birthday present from my fiance. It wasn't in the budget, but he figured out how to afford it anyway, we were both rather excited, and then it refused to turn on three days later. I will certainly survive! And it's obviously still under warranty, so the bad APU will be replaced for free. But it's less than ideal, nobody really plans for brand new devices to have a crippling manufacturing defect.

Anyway, I am glad that you are enjoying your game!

Got a bit further in Wei's campaign in Dynasty Warriors 8. It's reminding me quite a bit of Dead Rising 2 as I started out weak and would have been better balanced if they didn't introduce ballistae early in the campaign. I keep having trouble with ballistae as they have far range and swiftly chip away at my health bar before I can run away from them. One thing that I like so far is that new characters seem to be at the same level as your highest character, hopefully there's an easy way to level up weaker character as Cao Cao is still level 1. In regards to the plot I wish I knew more about Romance of the Three Kingdoms as I'm having trouble understanding how the alliances work, but unlike One Piece: Pirate Warrors 2 I'm aware as to why the characters are doing what they're doing and why the action is taking place in that location. Cao Cao is reminding me quite a lot of Oda Nobunaga and I'm expecting Cao to do something similar to the Hiei massacre. I'm aiming to finish Wei's campaign by Sunday as on the 5th battle out of 14.

• Like 2

I've been playing Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for a while; man, this is a long game. I feel like I've been playing for a week straight and I'm only halfway through the second chapter. To add to my feelings would be looking ahead and seeing that there's 12 chapters, 50+ levels, multiple playthroughs and cleanup. :blink:

Considering almost every trophy is attached to completing an entire chapter, replaying every level to complete all of the trials and finding all of the collectibles, the trophies are coming extremely slowly. Me want trophies. :(

Although my resilience and patience seem to be lacking, because the light at the end of the tunnel seems so far away, I am, however, getting a better handle on the combat so, the game is becoming a bit more enjoyable in that sense. I'm starting to get a few more powerups, combos and magical abilities and I'm getting better at parrying so, my ass isn't being handed to me on such a frequent basis anymore. :lol:

I know for a fact I won't complete this game at any point in the near future so, I'll just pick away at the game each day, a little at a time, and keep bumming around here in the hopes that some FRIGGIN' CONVERSATION MIGHT EVENTUALLY BREAK OUT. <_<

Sorry. As I was saying; the game is good so far and does the things and the other stuff.

I sadly can't find an appropriate meme for git gud scrub so here is a goat instead:

B8sgXUg.png

Edited by Quikdrawjoe

Whoa. My response was not meant to make you seem ungrateful at all. :( I can assure you, my sympathy is genuine.

If I had a brand new PS4 and it broke, I would be sick to my stomach.

Thanks. Apologies. Emotions in text can be tricky sometimes!

Anyway... Probably me thinking too much about all the house work I will be doing instead while it's our for repair. (Working on remodeling bedroom #2 right now).

I have my trusty PS3, and the Vita had been getting a lot of my attentions. Working through the PS+ backlog. Which reminds me, I have to renew that today...

• Like 1