Your Next Game - The Lottery 3 (event closed)

Yeah, for the german section. 

Woah thats pretty cool. 

Was home sick today so the little gaming I did was on my vita. Did manage to get the last trophy in Broken Age which took a lot more time than I had planned. Got a math final tomorrow morning so the rest of the night will be studying for that -_-

I've picked up another platinum - Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus.

I've also decided to add everything in my vast backlog to my profile just so I can keep track of what I do or don't own; the number of games on my profile has jumped from 42 to 143 - that's 101 games I haven't even started yet! Clearly, I've got a game hoarding problem, but those PSN sales are just soooo irresistible!

• Like 3

I've picked up another platinum - Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus.

I've also decided to add everything in my vast backlog to my profile just so I can keep track of what I do or don't own; the number of games on my profile has jumped from 42 to 143 - that's 101 games I haven't even started yet! Clearly, I've got a game hoarding problem, but those PSN sales are just soooo irresistible!

Congrats on the new :platinum::) Sly Cooper 1 was a pretty fun game.

Nice job making a backlog list. Welcome to the club. My total unplayed now sits at 169. :S

• Like 1

Hey guys, my download is halfway done. Looking forward to FINALLY starting Armello. I'm pretty worried that there is no guide or anything for the trophies so I'm just going to have to figure it out :( Also been stressed out with the glitched trophy "playing the objective" in SWB. Apparently you need to wait until the clock runs out and have the most amount of kills. Stupid EA ...

Should start Armello tonight and maybe play Infamous Second Son in the meantime. Picked it up yesterday for $20 at EB but haven't started it just yet, so hard to go to your local game store and leave without buying anything, I don't think I've ever done that ..

Also I ordered Just Cause 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition online they should be here by Friday (more things to distract me from armello ). I read IGNs review of just cause 3 and that must be the WORST review I have ever read. He gave it a 5.9 and not once did he talk about story or gameplay. Just complained about loading times :\

I'll try avoid starting those games and try my hardest to focus on Armello :)

Holy crap, someone actually replied to this thing?! :o and it's EpicNogg?! :o Man, I thought you were dead. :jaymon:

loljk right :giggle:

I totally played Castlevania for like 20 minutes tonight. It was the boss fight at the end of Chapter 3 so, I done got me a trophy, y'all. Like my new boots that I stole from that stupid dog? :awesome:

4L687639.png

It was nice to see that Chapter 4 only contains 2 levels as well :yay: but I still chose to shut it down. :ninja: This game is pretty awesome but, for some reason, I can't seem to stay interested in it for more than 45 minutes to an hour straight. :S

• Like 4

Holy crap, someone actually replied to this thing?! :o and it's EpicNogg?! :o Man, I thought you were dead. :jaymon:

I totally played Castlevania for like 20 minutes tonight. It was the boss fight at the end of Chapter 3 so, I done got me a trophy, y'all. Like my new boots that I stole from that stupid dog? :awesome:

4L687639.png

It was nice to see that Chapter 4 only contains 2 levels as well :yay: but I still chose to shut it down. :ninja: This game is pretty awesome but, for some reason, I can't seem to stay interested in it for more than 45 minutes to an hour straight. :S

so far again eff mate this is makeing a good read lol specialy about others straying from the game chosen for them lol, as for lord of shadows , i loved this game but yes its a little hard to stay with it for to long lol once you get to the final play through however it gose by very fast as your fully maxed out lol 

• Like 1

4L687639.png

Haha don't worry mate I'm still here.

So the download for armello finally finished (shit internet right now), if I don't get any time tonight I'll definitely be on it tommorow, time to get dis armello plat!

• Like 1

Finished up the Wei story in Dynasty Warriors 8 and I guess I'll go into the climax of the story.

Wang Yi was okay to play as but she really didn't have anything to stand out from the crowd. Cao Cao wanted to speak to an old friend but I wasn't able to distract an officer, so maybe a future retry will rectify that. One noteworthy scene was when Xu Chu protected Cao and managed to handle himself against the enemy general. The next chapter started with a weary Guo Jia and the disease has shown its effects. It was the first time I played as Li Dian and he felt easier to play than Yue Jin. The penultimate battle has been the highlight so far as Zhang He stole the show; he's flamboyant and has a similar aura of narcissism like Street Fighter's Vega. Zhang's Musuo Rage attack can have him sprout butterfly like wings and drill through the enemies when landing back. When Zhang strikes with his claws it looks a bit like he's dancing to the rhythm of his strikes and that's pretty neat. Unfortunately I let Xiahou Yuan die, whoops. In the final battle I did manage to save Pang De and I was motivated to do so by the speech he gave about his willingness to fight and not to fear death, all while carrying a casket. The stage was pretty unique as there was a moat and Guan Yu, the God of War of that generation, died and sprouted a green beam of light towards heaven. Back home Cao Cao told his son Cao Pi to carry on his legacy as Cao's generation is coming close to ending and soon he'll join Liu Bei in the twilight years.

Cao Cao seemed to face retribution from his former allies for his quest for peace yet won't be able to meet that goal during his lifetime. It's a nice parallel to Oda Nobunaga's campaign and I do wonder if DW8: Xtreme Legends continues on from Cao Pi's perspective. Hopefully the other campaigns are just as good and I'll continue on from the perspective of Cao's main rival, Liu Bei.

• Like 2

So, I'm in a horizontal state on the couch, picking my long-since-empty nose and contemplating whether or not this should be the final installment of The Lottery.

I can't tell you how many times I've envisioned making it to the 10th+ installment, accepting more participants, having bigger and better prizes, anniversary events, etc. but now, I'm beginning to think about the longevity of this event.

Almost similar to many movie trilogies, the second one seems to turn out the best. The first is usually a rookie attempt made on a small budget, loaded with errors and inconsistencies. The second benefits from the growing popularity of the first, fixes most of the issues and becomes exactly what the first was originally envisioned to be. The third ends up being underwhelming because you've already hit your high note and the folks are tired of seeing the same thing for the third time.

So, does a fourth one show someone trying to hang on to a dying vision; not knowing when to bow out of the spotlight gracefully after wrapping up a successful trilogy?

Or does a fourth one show a push to make it a saga, be worthy of remembrance and a big middle finger to any perceived thoughts of failure? Pride be damned!

Maybe my thoughts are a bit low because, statistically, people's morale tends to drop around this time of year (cold weather, aching bones, less money, sense of pressure to please others, etc.) or, maybe it's a realization that this event is only successful because I'm one of the few naive enough to actively go around a room of strangers, handing out money, for no real reason other than to be a nice guy and trying to get everyone to make new friends.

Being a giver in a world of takers isn't really the problem, I guess. It might be more the fear of my efforts failing, or not being fully appreciated in the first place.

I know this event won't last forever but, I wonder if it's better to leave while you're on top, or risk what the future holds. Kind of ironic it's called The Lottery and its future is a gamble. :P

Anywho. Thanks for listening. Catharsis over. Back to Castlevania. :)

• Like 2

So, I'm in a horizontal state on the couch, picking my long-since-empty nose and contemplating whether or not this should be the final installment of The Lottery.

I can't tell you how many times I've envisioned making it to the 10th+ installment, accepting more participants, having bigger and better prizes, anniversary events, etc. but now, I'm beginning to think about the longevity of this event.

Almost similar to many movie trilogies, the second one seems to turn out the best. The first is usually a rookie attempt made on a small budget, loaded with errors and inconsistencies. The second benefits from the growing popularity of the first, fixes most of the issues and becomes exactly what the first was originally envisioned to be. The third ends up being underwhelming because you've already hit your high note and the folks are tired of seeing the same thing for the third time.

So, does a fourth one show someone trying to hang on to a dying vision; not knowing when to bow out of the spotlight gracefully after wrapping up a successful trilogy?

Or does a fourth one show a push to make it a saga, be worthy of remembrance and a big middle finger to any perceived thoughts of failure? Pride be damned!

Maybe my thoughts are a bit low because, statistically, people's morale tends to drop around this time of year (cold weather, aching bones, less money, sense of pressure to please others, etc.) or, maybe it's a realization that this event is only successful because I'm one of the few naive enough to actively go around a room of strangers, handing out money, for no real reason other than to be a nice guy and trying to get everyone to make new friends.

Being a giver in a world of takers isn't really the problem, I guess. It might be more the fear of my efforts failing, or not being fully appreciated in the first place.

I know this event won't last forever but, I wonder if it's better to leave while you're on top, or risk what the future holds. Kind of ironic it's called The Lottery and its future is a gamble. :P

That was very profound xD

A proposal for your conundrum would be maybe a bigger gap between the sequels. Or maybe recurring cast memebers :P Who knows, you're the director afterall. That said, this event is a great idea and it sucks you're not having as good a time. 

• Like 2

I would say to keep the idea going while having a poll to decide if rewards should still be awarded. It's up to you to decide what you want to do as only one person has been kicked from the concept and maybe one or two haven't actually participated. I'm having fun with my game and I do try to post about my progress on it when I do play it. I'll do that later as I'm currently watching Scream Queens with my sis.

• Like 2

I think the event is great in and of itself. I don't really see the need for cash prizes, but that's just me. I feel like several people got their games immediately and started, and then several are waiting a but to start, and that has lead to a slight lull in the event. I don't think this is a failure in any way, but that's just one spectators opinion.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 2

Just saw the finale of Scream Queens and that was bad, mainly due to the comedy not contrasting well with the drama. There sure were a lot of dated references like that of Seinfeld being banned from schools, a #FreeBrady sign where the setting was in 2016, and cringeworthy stuff like a letter where Charles Manson said "lolz". It seems like there's going to be a second season but I'll let my sister continue on without me. I guessed the wrong identity of the final killer but that mystery kept me intrigued through the good and bad of the series, unlike the boredom that Freedom Wars has had for three damn chapters. I'll put the Dynasty Warriors 8 talk into spoilers as I do tend to make them into a long paragraph. I did surprisingly get a trophy today even though I'm slowly going through the campaigns.

Back to Dynasty Warriors 8, I played the first three chapters of Liu Bei's campaign and I was surprised to see that the Shu kingdom wasn't created when the story started. I guess that explains why the kingdom was small at one point of Cao Cao's story as Shu was recently formed in the middle of the story. Bei's story is that of a peasant who claims to be a descendant of royalty and understands the pleas of the common people. The first chapter starts with calming damn a rebellion and he goes to the aid of peasants rather than fight for glory. Zhang Jiao is glorious in his hammy delivery and I wish I could have heard everything he said, but for some reason a line of dialogue was mute and he continued on after that weird incident. The next chapter was the Battle of Halao Gate, same as the one in the Wu campaign. This one stuck out due to the introduction of Zhao Yun, a character who has the cheesy voice acting that I like. On the third chapter I played as Guan Yu and he easily wiped out three hundred foes in under a minute, no wonder he was considered the God of War. I think I screwed up somewhere as I might have lost him and I'll have to wait to see if he comes back. A decent introduction to Liu Bei's story as I want to see Gaun Yu come back safely and Liu Bei shows more care about the people's current status rather than a legacy of peace, a sharp contrast to Cao Cao.

• Like 1