Your Next Game - The Lottery 3 (event closed)

If you don't mind not owning a physical copy of the book, you can find an online version at www.threekingdoms.com

Bookmarked that link and it showed the Amazon listings of the books I saw. To be honest it's been a few years since I've read a book but I guess I could try again with that story. Thanks for the helpful link.

I started the Wu story of Dynasty Warriors 8 and managed to finish the first five core chapters. This is the first time I'm confused about the motivation behind the characters but I do have my guess as to what it is.

The Sun family fought over the Imperial Seal,which I guess dictates as to who rules the land. Sun Jian, descendant of famous war general Sun Tzu, his children, and Han Dang who was paranoid about a fallen flag, managed to retrieve the artifact but Sun Jian got struck down with an arrow. Sun Ce succeeded his father in command of the Wu forces. In his quest to acquire territory he met Taishi Ci and his name was pronounced properly, which makes me wish it was easier to type accents to differentiate how deep a word should be said. Sun Ce is soon nicknamed "The Little Conqueror" and a sorcerer named Gan Ji attacked him to end his conquest. Luckily I managed to save him from death and was instead cursed. Gan Ji was ultimately defeated by Sun Ce's wife, Daqiao, who fought for her husband's life rather than merely waiting on the sidelines, which was pretty touching as she didn't fight like a war veteran. One unique aspect of that battle was that Gan Ji would use illusions of Wu forces, both fallen and current, so it was a bit strange to fight the spirit of her deceased father-in-law Sun Jian. Sun Ce recovered from the curse but still told his friend, Zhou Yu, to fight on for him and abdicated control of the Wu forces to his brother Sun Quan. Zhou Yu seemed to be the military strategist as he arranged for Sun Shangxiang and Liu Bei to be married after their alliance against Cao Cao. Even before the marriage Sun Shangxiang was as giddy as a schoolgirl to meet Liu Bei and was more concerned over his safety than Zhuge Liang. Tragedy struck again as Zhou Yu died in the Wu forces' attempt to take the Ying province only for Guan Yu to uproot those plans. The theme of this story seems to be the responsibility of continuing another person's dreams as every time a commander of the Wu forces dies or is critically injured, he entrusts someone close to him to continue on. I'm expecting Lu Su to do that as well as Zhou Yu trusted him and this kingdom has been very unlucky with losing its commanders.

I'll probably start Killer is Dead soon as I want to finish that up for the Plat Rain event and I'll be done with Freedom Wars as soon as I find out how to craft a better weapon. I'm aiming to finish up the Story modes of Dynasty Warriors 8 this week and start Ambition mode next weekend.

Edited by Mendant909
  • Like 4

So what kinda game is Armello? Dont think ive ever heard of it to be honest...Nice progress though, holy crap. You started late but you've left some of us way behind xD

Speaking of progress, i hit the 5 hour mark in Okami. I've not really got a grasp on this games length or scale to be honest. Ive done a bit of retreading in certain areas for story purposes and I just got an ability to go to a brand new place, but I always feel like im accomplishing something in this game and not just grinding like some other JRPGS. The story is pretty straightforward so far, going around Nippon and reviving these trees, but ive not really seen any villains per se yet. Its just been grunt enemies here and there.

The trophy list for this game is awesome though, only a few collectibles but you're rewarded fairly often for story progress with a nice bronze trophy, as well as when you get new abilities. As of this afternoon im at 10/51 trophies which is fair, considering the amount of time i've put in. Im not used to JRPG's being so rewarding with story progress, most of the time its misc. combat trophies or collectibles. Im enjoying it more though and I actually feel like playing it rather than forcing myself to play it.

On another note, I beat Fat Princess Adventures with my friend last night. This game seems to have flown COMPLETELY under the radar. Launched the day of PSX I believe and its a coop dream. Plays a lot like your gauntlet/castle crasher style game with its classes and its on a 2.5D plane. The writing is genius and the story is really funny. It reminds me a lot of a less rated M south park game, but dont get me wrong this is still a solid M. The game is short and the plat seems easy enough with friends so I highly recommend it. Ive also been playing a bit of Gauntlet with another friend and that game is HARD. We're making progress though, but Fat Princess is definitely my favorite of the 2.

Anyways, how've you lot been this weekend? Holidays are approaching fast as hell, and that new Star Wars movie is out in less than a week. Probably going to go see that on Christmas eve with the family and miss the rush of opening night.

Basically the game is an adventure where you play as soemone you choose from one of the four clans. The aim of the game is to basically defeat the king (this means you win). There are four ways you can win the game :

Kingslayer victory : defeating the king

Roy victory : defeating the king in a rot battle (to make it a rot battle you must have at least 5 rot, you can gain rot from dying/killing banes, one of the games enemies)

Prestige victory : not defeating the king but finishing the game after the nine days with the most prestige (gained by completing quests and defeating banes and other Heroes). Or if another hero goes into battle with the king and they both die the person with the most prestige will win.

Spirit Stone victory : collecting at least four spirit stones (randomly placed gems around the board) then approaching the king and he will die.

The king will die after nine days from a disease he has (rot) if this happens the person with the most prestige will win. You can get cards, there are three different categories to choose from :

- Items (shields, swords, adding die for battles etc)

- Spells (teleporting to another tile, taking health from players, getting rid of rot etc)

- Trickery (makes a king guard move to a different tile, steal cards from other players etc)

Depending on the character you choose depends on how good you are at certain things, the more wits means the more cards you can draw, the more health obviously means more health. More attack means you have more die in battle and more spirit means more chance of collecting spirit stones (I think).

So yeah basically the game is a board game with spells and shit, nuff said.

I've gotten three trophies in Armello today hoping for at least one more, would have got more but u know school took up most of my day. As for the guide I'm getting there almost at three quarters of the way through.

Also where's the guy who was meant to be playing Fallout 4?

Edited by EpicNogg4
  • Like 3

While I focus on Castlevania, the holiday season and this event begins its final stretch, I figured I'd plant another fun little event to occupy my time during the off month between Lottery installments

effdeegee's Game A Day!

Goodbye completion, my old friend...

That should be fun to see, i'll be sure to tune in. 

When is the end of this event? I half assedly skimmed the OP and I dont think there was a mention of it. It didnt even really occur to me that it would end before everyones finished xD I should buckle down and get more done in Okami! 

I played a bit more today, nothing crazy. I've been addicted to Fat Princess Adventures with a friend of mine so thats been taking up some time. Holy shit am I bad at committing to a game or what...

Edited by Boooda
  • Like 1

That should be fun to see, i'll be sure to tune in. 

When is the end of this event? I half assedly skimmed the OP and I dont think there was a mention of it. It didnt even really occur to me that it would end before everyones finished xD I should buckle down and get more done in Okami! 

I played a bit more today, nothing crazy. I've been addicted to Fat Princess Adventures with a friend of mine so thats been taking up some time. Holy shit am I bad at committing to a game or what...

This installment should be coming to a close around the last days of December before New Year's Eve (29-30) and prizes will be announced then, but delivered around the first week of January (8-9).

• Like 3

This installment should be coming to a close around the last days of December before New Year's Eve (29-30) and prizes will be announced then, but delivered around the first week of January (8-9).

Okay cool. Now that I have an idea of the end, i'll try and finish okami in a more timely manner. 

I'm kind of worn out today from grinding some skills in Dynasty Warriors 8, and since I only need two or three more battles to finish the Wu story, so tomorrow I'll give my thoughts on the story and characters. I guess today I'll give a status update on some of the trophies for the game I'm working towards. For "Revelation" I have all the skills, except Steely Heart, at level 6 or above; Steely Heart is going to be a pain to grind. For "Unstoppable Might" I have 40k/100k soldiers defeated, nearly halfway with just the story modes. Tomorrow I'll start a list of what weapons I have and which ones I need for the trophy "Weapon Collector", alongside selling any of the extras I don't need. I haven't started Ambition mode yet so I don't know how difficult it'll be to progress. Tomorrow I'll also give a recommended list on eff's other event.

• Like 3

After not touching the game for a week, I decided to attempt another small effort with Castlevania and continue to backtrack for upgrades.

I didn't get any trophies but, I did manage to score a few more perks for my character.

I'll probably put in another hour or so, later this morning or tonight, and replay the last 3 levels before I return to progressing in the actual storyline.

• Like 4

After not touching the game for a week, I decided to attempt another small effort with Castlevania and continue to backtrack for upgrades.

I didn't get any trophies but, I did manage to score a few more perks for my character.

I'll probably put in another hour or so, later this morning or tonight, and replay the last 3 levels before I return to progressing in the actual storyline.

I am hoping the break helps make the game more fun, starting up again. I know sometimes a break really helps me appreciate a game more. (Although other times it means I don't go back...)

I have been doing the Christmas cookie thing all week, so not really paying much aside from Flower (Vita) or Elder Scrolls Online (Xbox) while letting the utensils soak between recipes. Hopefully this means all my games will feel awesome when I start again.

My PS4 is back from repairs! It was delivered this morning. So your well wishes worked. :)

EDIT: Still broken. :(

Edited by SolarCat02
  • Like 1

I am hoping the break helps make the game more fun, starting up again. I know sometimes a break really helps me appreciate a game more. (Although other times it means I don't go back...)

I have been doing the Christmas cookie thing all week, so not really paying much aside from Flower (Vita) or Elder Scrolls Online (Xbox) while letting the utensils soak between recipes. Hopefully this means all my games will feel awesome when I start again.

My PS4 is back from repairs! It was delivered this morning. So your well wishes worked. :)

EDIT: Still broken. :(

That sucks. :( I swear I had nothing to do with it.

I made another effort with Castlevania this morning and it was a biggie.

I went back over the last few levels that needed to be replayed and found every single collectible possible in the first 3 chapters (16 levels), except for the 2 weapon upgrades that can only be unlocked by progressing further in the game.

I'm now ready to start Chapter 4 and continue on with new parts of the story, fully loaded. B)

• Like 1

That sucks. :( I swear I had nothing to do with it.

I made another effort with Castlevania this morning and it was a biggie.

Are you sure? :P

It's just a disappointing mess... :(

On a happier note, I'm glad you made progress with your game! It sounds like the hiatus worked. :)

How is everyone else enjoying their games? :)

• Like 1

Had my last final yesterday so im done with schoooool. Didnt play as much as I'd like because I wanted to get Fat Princess done. 

Going to see Star Wars tomorrow night with some friends and then probably just play Okami and other trophy games the rest of the weekend. Wanna get atleast 5-7 more hours in before the end of the weekend. 

• Like 2

Finally off for Christmas break - I'm so excited to get stuck back into FFX! Well, for now anyway xD

And now it's time for "Kitty Replies To Things And Unintentionally Types Waaaaaay Too Much"! Because I've started a trend with my posts being really long I'll try not a write an essay this time haha. It also just hit me that I can place everything under a spoiler so that I'm not clogging up the feed, so I'll be doing that from now on xD

I have no idea where you gathered that information from... really, you don't want to know what the blood and soul part means :ninja:

It's good to see that despite your feelings towards the game you're still trucking along xD the sooner you complete it the sooner you can forget about it!

Thank you!! And that sucks to be honest haha, I don't think I'll be getting that one for a long time xD as I've been backtracking I've been coming across more of them and they're so bittersweet once you learn about what happened. The gems I were referring to are found in different areas but mostly against walls and such - I'm not very good at describing things so I took a printscreen in my game (ignoring the trademarks and such xD):

EWnU2C3.jpg

I've realised that I probably missed a primer in Home (I know for sure I got the one after the wedding and such but I wasn't counting any of the primers while I was going through Home :facepalm: ) so I'll probably have to do another playthrough and make sure that I get them. I can see myself having to start a new game and keeping track of everything I have tbh xD Also, I feel like I don't use Lulu enough since her spells aren't too strong, I've been making sure to cycle through her, Rikku and Yuna before each battle and put them on defend so they can earn the experience but I'm not sure how long it'll be until I begin to use her more frequently.

There are some hypothetical conditions that are ridiculous - while I was writing the DW8 guide I was replaying levels on beginner and I almost failed the condition in Wei's 'Battle of Xia Province' (I think) where the officer who slayed Cao Cao's father is retreating and you have to defeat him before he can, I basically reached him a few seconds before he left the field - it's one of the most annoying ones to do on the higher difficulties. I'm sure you'll be fine though! If you're stuck I can try to help. Also, unless you have to defeat Lu Bu in any Chaos mode battles don't go near him, it'll be your safest bet - or have a high levelled/OP/5 star or better weapon on a character and you'll be sweet. I'll continue with more advice after the next quote since you brought some things up there :P

Steely heart was my last skill - I managed to get most of the others levelled up pretty quickly while playing normally and completing the chaos mode battles, and you'll more than likely get 100k kills by the time ambition mode is complete, I think by the time I platinumed the game I had 500,000+k in kills, but that count also included me playing the game for fun xD as for ambition mode, unless you go for the tougher difficulties when fighting battles you'll be grand. The only problem you'll have is unlocking the harrier (an animal you get by essentially 100%ing ambition mode and reaching rank 50 for all the buildings) and getting the war elephant (unlocked by completing 100 straight battles in ambition mode, but the difficulty increases until you hit battle 25 and then it caps out so it's recommended to play on beginner with one of your strongest characters). It's not difficult, just tedious because of the amount of hours you'll probably sink into it haha. I also can't remember where you mentioned the Other section of story mode but once you complete all of the historical and hypothetical battles you'll unlock them all so you don't need to worry about them. I swear I'm done now :P

I had no clue that existed - thanks for the link!! I'll be sure to read it when I can.

Also, I totally agree with you about Sly 2 - out of the trilogy it was probably my favourite. It was a lot more fun to play (and personally less aggravating to complete, I don't want to relive fighting Clockwerk in the first game :facepalm:).

I really like the story for FFX and I enjoy the battles that I partake in. I'm just losing the will to continue fighting the same enemies repeatedly in the hope that I unlock the occasional spot in my character's sphere grids and the rare lvl. 3 unlock sphere that pops up - if I'm like this now, I have no idea how I'll be when it comes to 100%ing all 7 grids xD other than my lack of patience it's a fantastic game!

Normally I would place my progress in FFX here, buuuuut I loathe to admit I haven't played it in a few days :facepalm: I was planning to continue the grind yesterday but Tales of Symphonia took a lot longer than I had thought because I kept getting lost but now that I'm off for winter break I can focus on getting further. It's a bit disheartening to realise that I've been sitting on 8/34 trophies (a cool 12%) for over a week now and I don't see myself getting any more until I progress a bit further which is to be expected, but I miss hearing the sound of a trophy popping up in my notifications more than I thought I would xD once I finish moving things from my Vita to my laptop I'll be loading up FFX once more and continuing to level everyone up. I hope everyone's doing well and enjoying what they're playing! ^_^

Also now on holidays! :)

So I only need a few more trophies for Armello but some of them are extremely lick based which is a HUGE pain. I'm hoping to get the plat tomorrow, as for the guide I've taken a quick break so I can concentrate on getting the plat first ;)

Edited by EpicNogg4
  • Like 3

Hi can you sign my friend narnode-313 he's banned from the forums xD but he would like to join you can still update and see his profile but he cant check the forums

He have a ps3 and a ps4 *

And if you need a proof ill tell him to put his about me to sign me to the lottery for proof but he cant do it just now so please sign him

At the risk of sounding mean, I really think you should not be trying to sign up people to events when they are perma-banned from the forums. I learned the hard way that once you are banned, you cannot do anything on said forum. (I was perma-banned from a Sims 4 forum which hurts.) "Sorry, Joe, but you can't participate in any event on a forum where you are banned and just because I'm still on doesn't make me your grease monkey." :P

Why do you have such a friend anyways? If he was banned, chances are he did something bad and that means he is using you and you should not be his friend anymore. Just saying.

EDIT: Before you ask, all I did to get banned permanently from Carl's Guide Forum was because I wasn't watching my language. Word of warning if you are a member of that forum - do NOT EVER say the word "WooHoo" - that site is Nazi Family Friendly and has ZERO tolerance for bandying the word for Sim-Sex about. :rolleyes:

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Why are you talking to someone who has been banned for over a month? You know they're not here anymore, right? They can't respond to you.

Sounds like someone has a serious case of Carl Ban Butthurt. :giggle:

Edited by effdeegee

9 people provide a total of 1 post in a 56 hour span... :(

I've thought deeply about it for a while and made up each of your excuses for it all so, it's not a biggie. :P

On the bright side, Castlevania is becoming a bit more palatable, now that I have a bunch of upgrades across the board and a better grip on the combat system. I've also started using a really good walkthrough, to avoid a lot of need to replay levels, so that's a good thing.

I think there's 7 or 8 levels in Chapter 5 so, at the rate I've been going, it looks like I probably won't get much further than the end of the chapter by the time this event starts to slow down (even more so). Only about 10 days left, maybe one or two more trophies, and then it'll be time to share my thoughts and announce the prize recipients.

I'd ask a generic question like, "How's the holiday season been going for everyone so far?" or, "How is everyone enjoying their games?" but, it would probably go unanswered by most and the Tales of effy the Sad Panda would be put on repeat. :P

• Like 3