Your Next Game - The Lottery 3 (event closed)

I'll answer your questions Eff! Although, they may not be very interesting/exciting. 

The holiday season hasn't really been any different than any other time. I did get a Froakie hat for my friend though :)

And about my game... yeah I haven't played that in a while. I've gotten kind of sick of it, but maybe I'll try it again and get back into it.

• Like 1

As for my time off, loving it. Getting a lot more trophies which means I'm feelin good :)

I've decided to go all out Armello and go for the plat today or tomorrow, now this depends how much luck I have because some of the last few require just luck. Yeah pretty annoying ...

No progress has been made on the guide in the last few days because ya know ... trophies. Haven't had any time to get into just cause 3 or Infamous Second Son but I'll work on those two after SWB and Armello ;)

• Like 2

Arghhhhhhh I'm so close to platting SWB and Armello but the last few trophies are killing me!!!! I think I'm gonna go ahead and pull of an all nighter and by morning have the armello plat and just the level 50 trophy left on SWB. Until tonight I'm probably going to work on the guide and maybe try and get a couple of hours in on Second Son or just cause 3.

• Like 3

Just thought I'd pop my head in here and say this is a great idea and concept.  I've kind of been lurking and enjoying reading everyone's posts.  You run some great community events Eff.

I will answer the questions!

Christmas preparations are coming along great. Most of the presents are purchased as of today. Still need to do wrapping, and pick up some gift cards.
I baked a Chocolate Kahlua Cake for my sweetheart's work party on Monday, and made up the last batch of cookie dough for the season. I start baking the cookies tomorrow. I have amassed quite a list for this year: chocolate chip, white chocolate orange, peanut butter cup, chocolate cherry, chocolate mint, gingerbread, and sugar molasses. I am also planning on doing several batches of chocolate toffee brittle. (It's rather addicting, to the point my brother calls it "Christmas crack." I have to do it closer to Christmas, though, too make sure the saltines stay fresh.)

Those cookies sound delicious - I've got chocolate chip cookies planned and then just simple sugar biscuits.  Making a cheesecake for Christmas Day dessert but will make that closer to the time.  I've been trying to make fudge too but so far it's not turned out as anticipated.

• Like 3

Those cookies sound delicious - I've got chocolate chip cookies planned and then just simple sugar biscuits. Making a cheesecake for Christmas Day dessert but will make that closer to the time. I've been trying to make fudge too but so far it's not turned out as anticipated.

What kind of fudge?

If peanut butter, I know some easy recipes.

Chocolate... Not so much.

I keep my favorite recipes online. If you are interested, PM me and I will send you a link. Some are more difficult than others, but I try to include my notes on what did and did not work for me.

• Like 1

I will answer the questions!

Christmas preparations are coming along great. Most of the presents are purchased as of today. Still need to do wrapping, and pick up some gift cards.

I baked a Chocolate Kahlua Cake for my sweetheart's work party on Monday, and made up the last batch of cookie dough for the season. I start baking the cookies tomorrow. I have amassed quite a list for this year: chocolate chip, white chocolate orange, peanut butter cup, chocolate cherry, chocolate mint, gingerbread, and sugar molasses. I am also planning on doing several batches of chocolate toffee brittle. (It's rather addicting, to the point my brother calls it "Christmas crack." I have to do it closer to Christmas, though, too make sure the saltines stay fresh.)

On the gaming side, the PS4 is still running! I think it's fixed, although from experience I won't know for certain unless it is still running fine on Monday.

I have not gotten to play it much, as fiance has been playing ESO on the Xbox and there's only one television here. But I have been squeezing in some remote play on the Vita... A round of Rocket League fits perfectly in between cookie batches. ;)

Mmmmm I want me some of that Christmas crack ...

• Like 1

Made a HEAP of progress on the trophy guide for Armello and its looking really good. Should be published either tonight or tomorrow morning. Only nine trophies left for Armello and as I'm nearing the end, I have to say its quite sad finished a game you thoroughly enjoyed. I was reading some reviews for this game and man is it underrated. I guess some people just don't appreciate the effort that went into making this game. If any of you guys find it on sale I definitely recommend picking it up.

For those who are interested - http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/09/07/making-armello

Its the story of four veteran devolepors who decided to make a simple board game. And then spent the next four years making it.

• Like 1

Catherine - Status Update #6

My first playthrough is done! I have obtained the "True Lover" ending. The first part of stage 9 had me stuck for an hour; I actually think I made the last section of this level impossible due to some careless block pulling earlier on, but, as is usually the case, I came back later with a clear mind and breezed through it in 5 minutes. The rest of the stage - even the final boss - was surprisingly easy as spring blocks are both abundant and incredibly useful in these levels. I was able to get all 10 of the trophies I predicted I would get in my last update, plus the "I Can Fly!" trophy.

On my next playthrough, I will try normal difficulty, go for a different ending, and hopefully get some gold prizes so I can see what the infamous Babel challenges are like. I will definitely need to work on my techniques before I can conquer normal or even the first part of Babel. I'm OK with most flat walls of blocks by now, but walls with gaps in alternating positions (what I like to call "Swiss cheese configurations") still pose problems for me.

It might be a while before I start a second playthrough - I want to get through some of my backlog first. I will make SSX my next game - it's the right time of year to play a snowboarding game, and I played Steep Slope Sliders on the Sega Saturn to death back in the day, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

38% trophy completion (24 of 50 trophies earned)

Edited by Melanogaster1987
  • Like 4

For the first time in a week I actually made story progress - huzzah!!

I spent most of yesterday continuing my sphere grid/lvl. 3 key sphere grind and decided on a whim to fight Sin again to see how I would fair - turns out that Bahamut's mega flare is now doing ~42,000 damage and his attacks alone are ~13,000 so I'm slowly but surely making my way towards 99,999 damage!

Anyway, I defeated him and I'm now Inside Sin (still sounds weird tbh xD). I decided that instead of saving as I entered and then stopping for the night I would run around the first section levelling up and figuring out the map.... and as I was making significant progress, karma struck. Well, to be more specific a Chimera King struck - I was backtracking so I could save and forgot they use Meteor when they're close to death which KOs your whole team unless you defend (which, of course, I completely forgot to do) and all my Inside Sin progress was wiped away -_- I've spent all today glaring at my Vita unable to pick it up because I'm just 100% bitter ugh

I also tried to get Chocobo Master (open 5 chests and then win in the chocobo race) and I'd be a quarter of a second behind the winning one and lose so I gave up after 45 minutes xD I might retry it when I get the PS3 version of the game because the thumbstick on the Vita is tough for me to work with on things like that. Beside the chocobo race there was also another temple which had your woman who fights with Aeons but after beating all of the Aeons available (which I assume corresponds to the Aeons I myself have unlocked) nothing happened so I'll return to that after I complete the story.

I'll retry Inside Sin tomorrow and see how much progress I can make. Hopefully a trophy will pop somewhere along the line too!!

As for holiday plans, other than going to the Boxing Day sales unnecessarily early I don't really have anything planned xD everyone talking about the food they're making has me jealous, somehow send some this way please! :P

• Like 4

So in about half an hour I'm gonna go Battlefront crazy until the x2 xp finishes. I'll have about 5,6 hours of boosting xp. I'm at lvl 35 right now hoping to get to 45 by the time the x2 xp finishes. After that I'll finish the last two mp trophies I need, that should take me about an hour. Then I'm gonna finish the missions, one survival mission left thanks to the help of Saltyie. That should take maybe two hours. It will then be fine for the final push to lvl 50, getting me the plat. I'll probably have a 3am finish.

Until I start I'm gonna work on the trophy guide for Armello some more, as for the Armello plat I really wanted it today but because of the x2 xp on SWB I won't have time today :( Tommorow will be just Armello hoping to get that plat as well.

Two ultra rare plats in one day ... Sounds good ;)

Edited by EpicNogg4
  • Like 2

The trend of another night with a few more levels played, new upgrades, new enemies and a big, honkin' :bronze: at the end of it, continued for a third straight night tonight.

6L25f804.png

The enemies are getting a little more difficult now. The biggest offenders are these new skeletons. Man, those guys really chap my buns. <_<

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 2

woohoo I got another trophy in Castlevania! For those of you that are overwhelmed by trying to keep up with the massive count; that's 2 in 24 hours. :jaymon:

40L078668.png

It would appear the fog has lifted and I'm happy to attempt a few more levels each day. I got a whole bunch of new upgrades and I like that new enemies are being introduced rather frequently. Although, this stupid little Chupacabra is a friggin' pain in the bunghole; always stealin' my stuff. Jerk. <_<

Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-2-Chupacabra

This creature in the pic above will forever be what my nightmares are made of. It's creeping me the heck out.

So Eff will there be a fourth lottery? , love these things and hope there's many more to come :)

There needs to be. That lovely spot being reserved for me needs to happen lol

• Like 2

Final week countdown already! Time flies, jeez. Was away at a friends place this weekend going crazy with trophies and such. Saw the new Star Wars, was epic. However haven't played any Okami in quite some time. This thread showed me how terrible I am at sticking to one game xD dunno if I'll get it done by the time the event is over but it's been fun nonetheless.

• Like 2

I put another mean hurtin' on Castlevania during the midnight hours. I'm on the last level of Chapter 6 and poised to scoop up yet another epic, single bronze trophy. Only problem is, it's time to do some Holiday family visiting, so I'll be away from my PS3 for a few days. :jaymon:

I'm still gonna be bummin' around the thread for the next few days so, if anyone wants to chat with a PlayStationless, trophyless dude, I'll be here. :(

• Like 4

Been so frustrated with SWB and Armello trophies right now!!!!!!!!! I'm so close but it feels like I have ages to go, need to find some motivation and fast before the event is over :(

Hang in there Epic, SWB grind is getting to us all. God I hate that game. Let's hope we can all show off plat soon

I put another mean hurtin' on Castlevania during the midnight hours. I'm on the last level of Chapter 6 and poised to scoop up yet another epic, single bronze trophy. Only problem is, it's time to do some Holiday family visiting, so I'll be away from my PS3 for a few days. :jaymon:

I'm still gonna be bummin' around the thread for the next few days so, if anyone wants to chat with a PlayStationless, trophyless dude, I'll be here. :(

Another great event Eff been a pleasure to read along this round. Looking forward to following the next round too. I just hope one day i can get an event up for you to come play as thanks for all the work you are doing on here :)

• Like 3

Hang in there Epic, SWB grind is getting to us all. God I hate that game. Let's hope we can all show off plat soon

Another great event Eff been a pleasure to read along this round. Looking forward to following the next round too. I just hope one day i can get an event up for you to come play as thanks for all the work you are doing on here :)

Thanks Cj, finally got the master missions done!!! Going to take a quick break then finish of the trample kills and kill the slave 1, that will leave me with 2 trophies left. Rank 50 and complete a survival mission on master difficulty without dying. I'll do that on tatooine if I have time tonight.

With armello sitting on 87% with 7 trophies left most of them requiring a heap of luck which I don't have. My goal for both games is to have them done by Christmas but that lvl 50 trophy is gonna be a real grind in SWB. But after that gold trophy in SWB I've had a small boost of motivation :)

• Like 2