Wrong trophy milestone/missing timestamp

Hi all.

First off, I'm sorry if there is a tonne of threads similar to this one but I did do a search beforehand and couldn't find any with this exact issue, and also sorry if I have posted in the wrong place. Anyway I don't know if this is a bug or not or if i'm the only one who it has happened to but I recently synced my profile here as I do often, but I noticed that something was wrong this time.

It says in my milestone section that my first trophy is 'The White Tiger' from Just Cause 2. It is also missing its timestamp. The problem here is that it most definitely is not my first trophy as you can see in my trophy card below, I only earned it a few days ago and i'm up to over 2700 trophies at this point. Also i'm not sure why it has a missing timestamp. I realize missing timestamps are usually because trophies were earned before a PSN account was set up or whatever but I don't see how this has happened to me now? It is the only trophy from both Just Cause 2 and my total collection which doesn't have a timestamp, even though I earned this trophy, and several others from JC2 on the same day and synced my trophies to PSN at the end of my gaming session as I always do, and the rest all have timestamps and seem fine. 

My first trophy is actually 'Nice to meet you' from The Playroom on PS4. I'm just curious what caused this particular trophy to glitch out on me and mess up my milestones. Am I stuck with this issue for good or is there anything I can do to rectify the problem? Having a single trophy without a timestamp is slightly annoying, especially when it isn't my first trophy either.

Thanks for any and all help  :)

My first 500+ trophies have no timestamps due to them being earned on a mate's PS3 who didn't have internet.

It used to be

First trophy - no timestamp

500th trophy - no timestamp

1000th trophy - sometime in 2011.

At least you've only got one of these fuckers.

It happens when your hardware clock isn't synced. If the console is unplugged for a while and not connected to the internet before earning a trophy, you'll get a missing timestamp.

I could add an option to pick whether you want your missing timestamp to be ignored or not for milestones.

I think that would be ideal and make a lot of people on this site happy. Luckily I don't have any missing time stamps.

It happens when your hardware clock isn't synced. If the console is unplugged for a while and not connected to the internet before earning a trophy, you'll get a missing timestamp.

I could add an option to pick whether you want your missing timestamp to be ignored or not for milestones.

That would be wonderful, so would that mean the trophy with the missing timestamp will be ignored and the first trophy milestone will go to the first trophy with a timestamp.

Would be great if there was an option to manually place missing-timestamp-trophies.

Maybe by date/time input per trophy. Use that for milestones but keep an indication that the timstamp is officially missing. Something like
Missing timestamp
16th Nov 2015
2:35:00 PM

Ofcourse any game with manually set timestamps has to be excluded on any leaderboards like first and fastest achievers. Also need to be careful that users don't get flagged for obtaining certain trophies in a certain order.

Would be great if there was an option to manually place missing-timestamp-trophies.

Maybe by date/time input per trophy. Use that for milestones but keep an indication that the timstamp is officially missing. Something like

Missing timestamp

16th Nov 2015

2:35:00 PM

Ofcourse any game with manually set timestamps has to be excluded on any leaderboards like first and fastest achievers. Also need to be careful that users don't get flagged for obtaining certain trophies in a certain order.

You're are expecting people to be honest about the timestamps.

A bit naive.

• Like 1

What if there was a way for user to submit a request for a trophy to be verified by an admin. I know this may be a lot of work but if they send in a screenshot of their trophy with the date stamp on their system or search for the psn account in question to locate the trophy. I understand this is a lot of work that's why I suggested the first part of the screenshots. Same if someone is flagged for something on here they have a chance to appeal it to an admin. This is just a thought.

What if there was a way for user to submit a request for a trophy to be verified by an admin. I know this may be a lot of work but if they send in a screenshot of their trophy with the date stamp on their system or search for the psn account in question to locate the trophy. I understand this is a lot of work that's why I suggested the first part of the screenshots. Same if someone is flagged for something on here they have a chance to appeal it to an admin. This is just a thought.

There is no way to verify a trophy without timestamp.

If the trophy doesn't have a timestamp here it doesn't have it on the console. If it does, then after a while it gets fixed on the site too.

Is there any way to re earn the trophies, and sync. If there is I'd surely use it.

something like load a new profile on let's say PS3.

Earn the trophies with a specific time/date. 

Sync.

Will the sync go over the old missing timestamp and have a new date?

I wish, Many members said to unlock the trophy again on another console and sync over it. I can tell you this does not work, I had many milestones that I was proud of but when I brought a new vita and unlocked a trophy on it. It was listed as missing timestamp, so I decided to play through the game up to that point on my old vita (I did not back up the save),

I unlocked the trophy on my old vita confirmed it had a date and time. After a sync the old vita got updated with missing timestamp as well, My only option was to hide a single trophy or start over. I was upset and in the end decided to leave it as it was but my timestamps just don't look as good now.

• 9 months later...

Are there any updates on this feature? I have 2 missing timestamp trophies for Golden Abyss so it altered my milestones. I wish I wasn't so OCD about trophies because it's kind of giving me anxiety. Plus, I know a lot of people who would love for this feature to exist.

Just set the missing timestamp to be 10 or 100 hours,oe even just 1 second, before the first correctly labeled trophy in that same game. Still mark that it had a missing timestamp and exclude it from the fastest leader board though.

I'd hope this was optional though. I only have one MTS trophy, earned after my first ps3 bricked. I wouldn't actually change it though, even though it would only affect my first trophy milestone.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't the easiest solution to change how the Milestone is calculated? Just a small change the code logic to only select the earliest valid date? That way people like me (Vita Welcome Park  :angry: ) get the right first trophy but it has no impact on any other aspects of the site (leaderboards etc). Just a thought. I had not seen this mentioned as a possible solution in the many posts on this topic.

Isn't the easiest solution to change how the Milestone is calculated? Just a small change the code logic to only select the earliest valid date? That way people like me (Vita Welcome Park  :angry: ) get the right first trophy but it has no impact on any other aspects of the site (leaderboards etc). Just a thought. I had not seen this mentioned as a possible solution in the many posts on this topic.

Me To I Also Suffer From The Same Problem In This Site In Other Site I Have The Time Stamp For All My Trophies

I would be the proudest member of PSNProfiles if you add an option. Please, just add it to the next site update!

Okay, if the "Missing Timestamp" can't be removed or replaced with the optional time they were earned, can you at least give us the option to arrange our trophies that are missing they're timestamps in order? I heard that "Missing Timestamp" Trophies are synced out of order in this site. If you take a look at my first 29 "Missing Timestamp" Trophies, they are all out of order. It says that I finished the Batman: Arkham Asylum story before getting the first trophy in the game. My very first PSN Trophy ever was the  :bronze: Freeflow Combo 5 and it was earned on the 16th of December 2013 (See, I know the date. It was even the date I got my PS3). Unfortunately here on PSNProfiles, my first trophy is  :bronze: Rollover from Gran Turismo 5, which is not true. Please do something for the next site update. This would be awesome and I'm sure that many people would like it :)  :D

Proof:  http://psnprofiles.com/ee28max/log?dir=asc#content

Edited by ee28max

• 1 month later...

Could this be done? I had the same issue a few days ago playing Danganronpa, I noticed my milestone messed up and the responsible was this single trophy (http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3845-Danganronpa-Another-Episode-Ultra-Despair-Girls/10-Burning-Your-Bridges). When I tried to sync my PSVita wasn't updated to the lattest version apparently, and probably that was the cause. Didn't know this could happen and since the milestone really mattered to me and most of the trophies there were earned on purpose It really bugs me to watch it now while before I enjoyed the feature a lot.

I've checked a lot of posts about the issue and checked many user profiles with really high level, and many of them had a no timestamp for the first trophy. For what I've read there's a lot of users with far more level than me who cared about their milestone and this issue happened to them. I'm sure they would love the feature you mentioned, but probably not many of them saw this specific message. This wouldn't affect people who actually got their first trophy as no timestamp if each profile can turn on this option or leave it alone. Being by moving no timestamp trophies to the last ones instead of first ones, or by what you mentioned.

I think if this is doable it's worth it both for all the users who have and will have this issue on the future and also so the Milestone correctly fulfills its purpose, since for most milestones with a no timestamp they aren't showing the real Milestone and thus isn't fulfilling it's reason to be.

Still I'm surprised since you said it as if it was a really easy feature to add, but I don't think it's that simple if something that would clearly help a lot of users it's not added. I hope we can hear more about the matter >.<

Could this be done? I had the same issue a few days ago playing Danganronpa, I noticed my milestone messed up and the responsible was this single trophy (http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3845-Danganronpa-Another-Episode-Ultra-Despair-Girls/10-Burning-Your-Bridges). When I tried to sync my PSVita wasn't updated to the lattest version apparently, and probably that was the cause. Didn't know this could happen and since the milestone really mattered to me and most of the trophies there were earned on purpose It really bugs me to watch it now while before I enjoyed the feature a lot.

I've checked a lot of posts about the issue and checked many user profiles with really high level, and many of them had a no timestamp for the first trophy. For what I've read there's a lot of users with far more level than me who cared about their milestone and this issue happened to them. I'm sure they would love the feature you mentioned, but probably not many of them saw this specific message. This wouldn't affect people who actually got their first trophy as no timestamp if each profile can turn on this option or leave it alone. Being by moving no timestamp trophies to the last ones instead of first ones, or by what you mentioned.

I think if this is doable it's worth it both for all the users who have and will have this issue on the future and also so the Milestone correctly fulfills its purpose, since for most milestones with a no timestamp they aren't showing the real Milestone and thus isn't fulfilling it's reason to be.

Still I'm surprised since you said it as if it was a really easy feature to add, but I don't think it's that simple if something that would clearly help a lot of users it's not added. I hope we can hear more about the matter >.<

Bumping this since I also am affected by this issue.  I have one out of 50 Persona 4 Golden trophies that are MTS and now all my other previous milestones are messed up.

Ex:

Trophy card - http://psnprofiles.com/I3rand0

Persona Trophies - http://psnprofiles.c...-Golden/I3rand0

If this could be implemented it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by I3rand0
  • Like 1