Wrong trophy milestone/missing timestamp

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2015 at 11:16 PM, Sly Ripper said:

I could add an option to pick whether you want your missing timestamp to be ignored or not for milestones.

If you could do something like that, it would be great. Unfortunatelly I got one missing timestamp recently when my VITA battery completely died, clock reseted and then I gained the trophy before syncing with PSN. :(

5 hours ago, Mikek1107 said:

If you could do something like that, it would be great. Unfortunatelly I got one missing timestamp recently when my VITA battery completely died, clock reseted and then I gained the trophy before syncing with PSN. :(

I spoke to Sly in PM a few weeks ago and he did mention this was coming after the site upgrade was completed.

Mine too, thank you everyone who has bring this issue to light and to Sly for fixing it. I'm so glad for myself as well as everyone else who has this issue, which is a lot of people >.< I was affraid since I wouldn't look at my profile as much as before since everytime I saw the milestone with missing time stamp was a reminder of all my effort planning some of the trophies there gone to waste. I didn't do it for showing rare trophies or something like that, these were just easy trophies but from games which I loved, so I loved having my milestone the way it was.

On 16/11/2015 at 9:16 AM, Sly Ripper said:

I could add an option to pick whether you want your missing timestamp to be ignored or not for milestones

The question I have is would this effect all your missing timestamps or can you select what one to ignore? I ask this because my first few ever trophies were missing a timestamp and this did not worry me but I got another missing timestamp 2 years ago which effected all the milestones I had, this is the one I want to have ignored not all of them.

On 16.11.2015 at 1:16 AM, Sly Ripper said:

I could add an option to pick whether you want your missing timestamp to be ignored or not for milestones.

11 hours ago, fisty123 said:

The question I have is would this effect all your missing timestamps or can you select what one to ignore?

And also what milestones would be affected by using that option? For example, all the trophies with missing timestamps I've got are before 500th trophy and the only milestone they are messing with is the very first trophy. So if those ones without timestamps were totally ignored by milestone system, it would fix the 1st trophy for me but concurrently every other milestone beginning from 500th trophy and so forth would be affected negatively, which isn't desirable outcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Letting us pick our own milestones is still the BEST option I think, for example I've hidden a few trophies because I like my "1337" trophy, but custom milestones would enable me to put my "real" 500th trophy, etc in while still giving me the ability to hide my other "embarrassing" games too, or just appease us OCD types.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

The first trophy milestone now ignores missing timestamps.

Can we also convert back to the old way where we don't show every milestone and instead just either A) Pick our Milestones or B ) go back to the every 50 and 100 plats and every 1000 trophies for those of us with a lot of trophies/plats

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

Thanks @Sly Ripper!

Regarding MTS trophies, is there any way to change how they're counted? (i.e. always being counted last and not first).

For example, The Tokenizer should be my first trophy earned but because of the Card Collector is being counted first all my other milestones are all off by one. 

Capture_3.jpg

Another example:  My 5k trophy prior to my MTS trophy was Haters Gonna Hate in Saints Row III, but is now Bo-Duke-En from the same game.

Capture_2.jpg

The only other thing I'd like to see is changing how a game completed time is calculated once it's complete with a MTS.  Is this doable?

Example:  Persona 4 Golden

Capture_4.jpg

Capture.jpg

Edited by I3rand0

On 12/27/2016 at 3:16 PM, Sly Ripper said:

Thank you for this milestone update, the site update, and all your work.  It's a step in the right direction.  I'm sure a lot of people appreciate this, including me.  Some constructive criticism though, people who's first timestamp is a missing one still shows incorrectly.

On 12/27/2016 at 11:22 PM, I3rand0 said:

**removed**

... and for this guy ^^ , every milestone other than the first wrong.

On 12/27/2016 at 3:55 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

Can we also convert back to the old way where we don't show every milestone and instead just either A) Pick our Milestones or B ) go back to the every 50 and 100 plats and every 1000 trophies for those of us with a lot of trophies/plats

+1 to this.  

Edited by B1rvine

I've been thinking of a way to mostly fix this issue for everyone.

Auto-set the missing timestamp trophies to 12 hours or 2 days (or other arbitrary time period) before the first trophy with a legit stamp from that same game. Obviously any game with a doctored stamp would still be intelligible for the leader boards but it would at least look reasonable, and would be a more accurate representation for milestones. 

Example: 

My first ps3 bricked several years ago. I started Portal 2 on my new machine without setting it up, so the first trophy has a MTS. I fixed everything after that and all the rest of my trophies are correct. The 2nd trophy was at 09:02pm on 12/29/12.

The first trophy could get a stamp of like 9:02am on that date or at the same hour on 12/27/12 or something of that nature. Again, this would lock the person out of the leaderboard for that game. 

I believe this would fix most issues that the MTSs cause. Thoughts? 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

On 27.12.2016 at 8:16 PM, Sly Ripper said:

On 29.12.2016 at 10:57 PM, Mikek1107 said:

Thanks much. This solved my problem. Great work!

Yes, but it started a problem for me.
My first trophy was with a missing timestamp, and I got no problem with that. Now, it changed, to the first one with date, and it is definitelly not the first one.
Is it possible to reverse that? Or to make a user choose, what he want to be shown as his first trophy? (first with date, or with missing timestamp). Would be much better that way.

• Like 1

Can't believe my topic is still open :P Anyway I finally figured that the cause of my missing time stamps was due to a break in my Internet connection. Kinda annoying. 

The update has fixed things for me personally though. I only have 3 trophies with MTS and the only milestone they affected was the first trophy earned which has now been fixed for me. Very grateful for the work done, much appreciated. Will be subscribing to the site when I get the chance to show my appreciation. Sorry for the super late reply, cheers :D

• Like 1

@Sly Ripper Will be any other option for change first trophy ? For example I dont have timestamp problem, but mine first trophy seems bit irrelevant than other trophies and it really annoys me when I check my milestone/trophies for sometimes.. It breaks my enthusiasm instantly (maybe sounded bit obsessed, but true) ..First trophy, 1337 trophy ..these ones should be open to customization and be optional .. mines are not my proudest things for to share actually. Thanks..

2 hours ago, ArdaIlemer said:

Will be any other option for change first trophy ? For example I dont have timestamp problem, but mine first trophy seems bit irrelevant than other trophies and it really annoys me when I check my milestone/trophies for sometimes.. It breaks my enthusiasm instantly (maybe sounded bit obsessed, but true) ..First trophy, 1337 trophy ..these ones should be open to customization and be optional .. mines are not my proudest things for to share actually. Thanks..

It's still your first trophy though, can't change that.  1337th trophy your 1337th trophy it's just the order you achieved them.   It would be pretty hard to pick a great 1st trophy as most likely you weren't bothered at the time you got it or just the simple fact a lot of games give out a quick trophy early on.  Only way you can really 'customize' these would be to plan your trophies before even starting your PSN profile.

The trophy cabinet is a better option for displaying your proudest moments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willstown said:

It's still your first trophy though, can't change that.  1337th trophy your 1337th trophy it's just the order you achieved them.   It would be pretty hard to pick a great 1st trophy as most likely you weren't bothered at the time you got it or just the simple fact a lot of games give out a quick trophy early on.  Only way you can really 'customize' these would be to plan your trophies before even starting your PSN profile.

The trophy cabinet is a better option for displaying your proudest moments.

Guess I'll get along with this, thanks for the comment.

On 1/2/2017 at 5:28 AM, Reunion33 said:

Yes, but it started a problem for me.
My first trophy was with a missing timestamp, and I got no problem with that. Now, it changed, to the first one with date, and it is definitelly not the first one.
Is it possible to reverse that? Or to make a user choose, what he want to be shown as his first trophy? (first with date, or with missing timestamp). Would be much better that way.

Agree.  My first trophies were MTS because I didnt hook up my PS3 to the internet right out of the box.  But I know which games I played first.  With the update, my first trophy changed to another game.  It feels like my gaming history suddenly got revised.  

Maybe best way to handle this would be to automatically give trophies without timestamp some invisible timestamp equal to first timestamped trophy from that specific game. I believe one of the competition trophy sites uses something like that, becouse all my milestones are correct there.

Becouse although current way fixed the first trophy milestone, all the next ones are still affected, at least for those who got no timestamp trophy after years of playing. Now my two nontimestamped trophies moves all milestones by two, since they still count as my first two trophies and only FIRST TROPHY milestone is not affected by them now after the recent fix.

Edited by Mikek1107

On 12/28/2016 at 7:53 PM, B1rvine said:

It's a step in the right direction, but I still think my solution of just manually numbering where the missing time stamps should fall is better.  See my suggestion two posts back. Perhaps a premium perk only?

Your solution wouldn't address multiple missing time stamps from the same game (how does the system know which would be first? This would be a big issue in my case, since the trophy that's supposed to be my first is a MTS, along with 13 others.

Also putting in a physical time opens a myriad of potential problems. Ie cheaters, which is why the staff doesn't want editing in the first place, from my understanding.

First off, sorry it took so long to respond to this,  not sure how I missed the notification. 

I'd say in the case of multiple missing time stamps, give them all the same time, but order them by rarity. You could also increment them by one second each so the system will order them itself. 

As I said before, any trophy "fixed" in this way would automatically exclude that user from that games leader board, so there would be no reason to ever use this method to cheat on purpose. Plus the 12 hour, or 2 day penalty would pretty much ensure a person wouldn't use it for their own fastest milestone. 

I personally think allowing people to set there own order opens up way more problems than adding in an actual stamp. Because let's be honest, it would certainly be abused. It would also probably be a lot more work as you'd have to progrwm the interface as well as the trophy doctoring part of the process. 

Honestly though, just removing it from consideration for my first trophy fixed my only MTS problem. I had only one trophy, and it was in my first 500 so it never affected any of my other milestones anyway. :dunno: I was just trying to come up with a solution that could be handled server side and give reasonably accurate results. 

Edited by Hemiak