Ronda/Holm Thread

Socramies

Feels like a female rocky movie. ;)
Everyone basically wrote her off, saying "oh it's such a mismatch, I can't believe this fight is going aghead. She stands no chance"
And my god... she fucking decimated Ronda, it's insane seeing someone who the whole world thinks is invincible get rekt so easily.

Tbh Ronda is brilliant, obviously. But she was getting a bit too big for her boots.

Which is hard to do, because she was walking in some of the biggest boots ever xD
But it went to her head and she got waaaaay to cocky, saying things like...

"I'm the best in the world" I want to retire unbeaten "I can beat all the women in the division with one hand"

I mean come on dude... that's too much. She became a bully and her next "victim" was a deathclaw in sheeps clothing and utterly fucking destroyed her. 

Can't wait for the rematch, I think Beth will win tbh. It was clear Ronda had no idea how to handle beth at all.

Edited by Humonic
  • Like 1

I'm not much into MMA so this is mostly the view of a layman - but at times it looked, as if Rousey was just waiting to get punched in the face and wasn't in the mood to do anything about it.

I was also surprised not to see her using a jab all now and then, but only punches. Her fist were a bad cover, so she was too open most of the time - in short: It was obvious, that she's not as good a striker as she would have needed to be.

What I thought was close to being funny: When RR was going for a throw and Holms instead threw her to the ground.

Not easy to get an olypianique down like that.

Or how Holms got out of the starts from the armbar - nicely down.

In another forum a person said it quite right, this wrote essentially: I like a lot of RR does, but her sportsmanship is lousy.

And I agree there: When I saw that she wasn't even touching gloves I was pretty disappointed.

For that alone she deserved that KO.

From everything I have seen Rousey is a loudmouth who got what was coming to her. She let her success go to her head and was so busy with other projects (wrestlemania, fast and the furious etc) to concentrate on the sport that got her there.

This was Apollo Creed vs Rockey and I hope the rematch she gets beat just as bad and then retires. She has her millions, she won't starve.

I wonder though, she is one of the biggest draws in the sport...UFC might try to buy a win for her because they don't want to lose their meal ticket. I am not saying that will happen...but if she loses twice in a row that is a lot of cash UFC will lose out on.

• Like 2

From everything I have seen Rousey is a loudmouth who got what was coming to her. She let her success go to her head and was so busy with other projects (wrestlemania, fast and the furious etc) to concentrate on the sport that got her there.

This was Apollo Creed vs Rockey and I hope the rematch she gets beat just as bad and then retires. She has her millions, she won't starve.

I wonder though, she is one of the biggest draws in the sport...UFC might try to buy a win for her because they don't want to lose their meal ticket. I am not saying that will happen...but if she loses twice in a row that is a lot of cash UFC will lose out on.

Shes got that EA curse

article_post_width_EA-Sports-UFC-2-Ronda

They have a three strikes your out policy pretty much. If you keep losing dont expect them to stick around. Cro cop was expected to do great in the ufc and got wrecked. Then faded away. Not sure if he came back or moved on to other things since mma lost its draw when fans became uneducated tards towards the actual sport

Ok upon looking at his record he did come back a bit but with a 2-6 record in the ufc you dont hear his name much. Considering his impressive fights in pride before that was dissolved

Edited by CasaDeBen

If she would retire UFC, she could always go to WWE. Heard that she was interested in doing more stuff with them ever since she was a part of Mania.

The thing that upsets me the most are the Rousey fans. I was watching RR when she was in Strikeforce years ago. I saw her grow up into the lattest person she has become. I remember the day when she was so cute and awkward you just had to watch her because you had no idea what would happen. I remember a time when she was so nervous to train with the Diaz Brothers even going as far as saying "what if they think i suck and dont like me". THAT was the RR that i grew up watching. The fans ruined her. The fans expanded her ego faster than Carlos Condit ran in the Diaz fight.

RR now isnt cute and awkward. She honestly believed that she would retired undefeated because her fans said it so much. Because people like Joe Rogan say "She isnt a one in a million, she is a once ever". This happened for so long. The Rock, Iron Mike, and the millions of fans shes got. Everyone has praised her as the greatest womens fighter in the world EVER. It got to RR.

That and the rumors of her not being able to use ivys after her cutting for the fight, the personal things she is dealing with at home with her mom and her coach. The personal things shes facing with her "boyfriend" and all that. Her mom not showing up in Australia for the fight. NEVER HAS THAT HAPPENED EVER. All the media she has to do. All the interviews. I think ALL THAT stuff we dont konw about to add to it as well. I think it all just broke her.

And where is everyone when she lost? Where did everyone go? Dana White acting like he doesnt care. He just lost one of his top draws. She wont be pulling money like that anymore. Saved himself some money as well i figure. But Dana White acts like he doesnt even care that she lost. Now thats disrespectful. Joe Rogan would say the most absurd things about her and now he doesnt even speak much except for his latest podcast with Dana on their plane ride home. None of the Rousey fans that would talk to shit are around. Honestly right now i cant even find anyone who likes her. Its like when she lost everyone jumped ship immediately.

I am nuetral on this topic, i just wanted to share whats been on my mind lately. I am a fan of MMA as a sport. I respect everything that everyone does. Holly Holm is deserving of her title and anyone that says otherwise is just wrong. Ronda will be back, but honestly I dont know if she can beat Holm the way she was beaten. If i was RR i would cut all media obligations. I would stop the interviews. I would leave her boxing coach. I would go back to focusing on Judo and BJJ instead of heavily on boxing. I would isolate myself and prepare.

Sorry for the rant. I had some time.

• 4 weeks later...

And where is everyone when she lost? Where did everyone go? Dana White acting like he doesnt care. He just lost one of his top draws. She wont be pulling money like that anymore. Saved himself some money as well i figure. But Dana White acts like he doesnt even care that she lost. Now thats disrespectful. Joe Rogan would say the most absurd things about her and now he doesnt even speak much except for his latest podcast with Dana on their plane ride home. None of the Rousey fans that would talk to shit are around. Honestly right now i cant even find anyone who likes her. Its like when she lost everyone jumped ship immediately.

The rematch will do huge money. Almost certainly more than the original fight.

Rousey put being a celebrity over being the best. There a reason Olympic athletes devote their lives to training. They aren't doing movies and tv shows and guess spots at Wrestlemania. They are training to be the best.