Difference between......

EternalChaos72

DO you mean from a technical standpoint, or within the game?

The horsepower represents the amount of work the engine can apply to the drivetrain.  The higher the horsepower, the more energy the engine can put out, and in theory the faster the car can go (There are a lot of other factors here, so that is a huge simplification).

The top speed represents the maximum speed that the car can achieve.  This is sometimes limited electronically, but it also depends on a lot more than just the power of the engine.  Drag, tires, gear ratios, and a bunch more things come into play to limit or extend the top speed of a car.

Top speed is the fastest the car will go. Horsepower is how much "Power" the engine has. So, the higher the horsepower - the faster the car could go.

DO you mean from a technical standpoint, or within the game?

The horsepower represents the amount of work the engine can apply to the drivetrain.  The higher the horsepower, the more energy the engine can put out, and in theory the faster the car can go (There are a lot of other factors here, so that is a huge simplification).

The top speed represents the maximum speed that the car can achieve.  This is sometimes limited electronically, but it also depends on a lot more than just the power of the engine.  Drag, tires, gear ratios, and a bunch more things come into play to limit or extend the top speed of a car.

Thanks for the info, a little bit about the car i'm driving it's a Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV (2010) now without creating another thread here's another question. 

When i'm driving more at high speed (not max speed) and when i try to drift around the corners sometimes it won't do it properly and when when i come outta the drift the car sometimes kinda positions itself in a straight position, causing me to crash. What setting do i need to tweak to get that to stop? 

Lamborghini stats are as follows: 

0-60mph: 02.19

1/4 mile (s) @ (mph):  09.16 @ 161

Top Speed (232)

and finally the Horsepower is 1,094.

Can someone tell me if this is good or not? 

Just to add, horsepower is the car's power, but a heavy high-horsepower car could still be slower than a light lower-horsepower car.

Example: Take a Dodge Challenger muscle car vs. a Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle. The light Ninja has a horsepower of around 15, and achieves a top speed of just over 100 mph. The hefty Challenger can reach just short of 200 mph, but requires more than 700 horsepower to get there.

Car manufacturers typically advertise horsepower because we have speed limits on the roads. Plus horsepower can give an idea of how much weight your vehicle may be able to carry at a time (especially useful for trucks or trailer hitch attachments).

Torque and acceleration go hand-in-hand in a similar fashion, as well. There are other factors to both, but I think this covers the big ones? I hope this helps.

• Like 1