Now that Telltale's GOT has ended, what're your thoughts?

Azaan60

I'm still waiting for the store to update so I can play it. Judging by the first 5 episodes though, I have really enjoyed it so far. Felt like Telltale really pulled this off right. Could you answer this (without spoilers)? Is it another Telltale ending or do the choices actually matter in this one?

I'm still waiting for the store to update so I can play it. Judging by the first 5 episodes though, I have really enjoyed it so far. Felt like Telltale really pulled this off right. Could you answer this (without spoilers)? Is it another Telltale ending or do the choices actually matter in this one?

Your choices actually do matter quite a bit. It'll be very interesting to see how they handle the second season

I loved it! I mean, I wanted the story to finish at first, but now I'm really happy they decided there will be more seasons of this. The last episode sets up the second season nicely and it was a really good finale that didn't let me down. I can't wait for the second season. I just can't shake the feeling likemy every decision was a bad decision. But maybe it's just because it's GoT.

Someone tell me one thing about Mira.

Does Mira die anyway? Or is her death the consequence of my decision?

Well, I just completed episode 3 this past weekend and I really like it so far. It really captures the overall essence of what makes the show a hit. The only complaint that I have up to this point is that Margaery Tyrell seems moody and less likable in this. It seems like no matter what choices I make as Mira, it pisses Margaery off somehow and I just end up not caring about her opinion anymore.

I loved it! I mean, I wanted the story to finish at first, but now I'm really happy they decided there will be more seasons of this. The last episode sets up the second season nicely and it was a really good finale that didn't let me down. I can't wait for the second season. I just can't shake the feeling likemy every decision was a bad decision. But maybe it's just because it's GoT.

Someone tell me one thing about Mira.

Does Mira die anyway? Or is her death the consequence of my decision?

It's consequence of your decision.

Just finished, I have a lot of conflicting thoughts about it. I would rank towards the bottom of Telltales 'After TWD' style of games, just on top of TWD S2, since I understand that writing a compelling tale in the GoT universe may be a tad more difficult than the Walking Dead. Still, it fumbled too many times to be enjoyable.

At the end of the season, literally all the families goals failed. Mira doesn't help her family, Ironwrath burns, and I don't even know what the fuck Gared was doing. I like Mira's end, it fits in the Game of Thrones themes and the nature of Kings Landing. I liked Ashers sections, but Gared's were a mess as usual. We still don't know what the north grove is. Did Papa Forrester want us to find his bastards? His dagger? The army I don't think he even knew about?

Anyway, looking forward towards season 2, I'm worried Telltale won't be able to pull it off. There's just too much determinent at the end of Ep6 that it'll take them a year to pump out a episode at the current below average standard.

Let's take a look at characters positions at the end:

- Either Rodrik or Asher is alive, the other being dead.

- Either Gryff or Ludd is alive, the other being dead.

- Mira is either dead or enslaved

- Gwyn, Traitor, Sentinel are either dead, hostile or appear at the end to help.

Those are just a few of the choices regarding determinent characters I could think up.

Regarding season 2, I reckon we'll play:

Talia - To cut Rodrik/Asher screentime to a minimum.

Beshka/Ryon - Either, both are alive and together every time at the end

Malcolm - Seems like an obvious choice to reestablish an Essos storyline.

Probably one more, but please, anyone but Gared, I don't want another 6 episodes trudging back to the wall.

Edited by Saltyie
  • Like 2

Fuckload of people died, yo. I gave no thought to any decision this episode, putting characters in the worst possible situations, daring the game to pull a deus ex machina to get them out alive. I suppose the episode would've had a whole lot more impact had the game not been freezing or dialogue been cutting out every 15 seconds.

Edited by damon8r351

Regarding season 2, I reckon we'll play:

Talia - To cut Rodrik/Asher screentime to a minimum.

Beshka/Ryon - Either, both are alive and together every time at the end

Malcolm - Seems like an obvious choice to reestablish an Essos storyline.

Probably one more, but please, anyone but Gared, I don't want another 6 episodes trudging back to the wall.

You'll have to suffer Gared if you like it or not. He is still one of the main protagonists. I kinda like where his story is going myself, even though I personally never enjoyed the "beyond the Wall" stuff in GoT.

I agree we'll probably be playing as Malcom (Malcom's is obvious actually, he did say that Daenerys has a mission for him) and Beshka, but I think we will still be playing as Rodrik/Asher. He can't just disappear after that. But this is GoT and some important characters do disappear in the books/show, maybe this will be the same in the game.

It was okay.

The Walking Dead s1

Life is Strange (yes I know it isn't Telltale, but it's the same genre)

The Wolf Among Us

Tales from the Borderlands

The Walking Dead s2

Game of Thrones s1

Back to the Future: the Game

I mean probably close to the worst one they've done that I have played. I'll probably end up saying if you're a Game of Thrones fan it's a must play kind of like BttF fans should play that game. If not then it's certainly a pass. With those top 4 being must plays IMO.

I don't know all of the choices and with them working everything towards a season 2 this wouldn't have been possible, but it would have been much more interesting if they made those decisions basically determine if the Forresters overcame and survived everything with most of the family being alive all the way down to everyone dying and the Whitehill's basically taking their land.

Instead you just pick one of two to live and whether or not another survives at all.

The game was to buggy for me to fully enjoy it. Textures blurred, sound cut out, and in every major battle I was treated with a static image with the inputs popping on screen as the battle raged on. If TellTale does make a season 2 which it looks like they will then they have to get their act together.

The only time I enjoyed the game was playing as Asher. I found playing as Mira very boring. I didn't even care what choices I made when playing as her. I didn't feel it was anywhere near on the level of TWD,Wolf or Borderlands.

• Like 1

Basically I played the game because it was part of the telltale package, but I was mainly bored from start to finish. Telltale did a great job in making Game of Thrones into their kind of game, I just find GoT as boring as can be.

That said, not caring about the consequences made me make choices I would otherwise not have made. Exploring options just to see if they would spice up the story and to see what would happen. It freed me from worrying about the characters and that in itself made the game a new experience for me.

I have mixed feelings about it. I personally dont enjoy the game of thrones tv series (though i have watched it) but decided to try this since i love telltale and i was surprisingly in love with it. I think that the game of thrones world works amazingly with the telltale structure. That being said the ending was rather horrible. I know its a very game of thrones style of ending to have everyone you love die but i dont think it worked with this. We spent an entire game learning these people's stories learning to hate certain characters only to have nothing resolved, none of our choices matter and (almost) everyone die. Plus the big mystery surrounding the north grove was rather vague and amounted to nothing (to late, theyre all dead). Ill still play season 2 because it was otherwise enjoyable but i really hope that season 2 has a better more concluded ending.

One of the most disappointing telltale games I've ever played. On release I'd buy a season pass. Because I knew what I'd be getting. But no more. And I accidentally bought it on PS3 so got it a second time on PS4 so I could continue my saved decisions. Terrible. Your choices don't matter save for one. One. In six episodes. Poorly written and the conversation options are terrible. The whole time I was picking from options none of which I would say if I had a choice.

Until they make another engine they won't be getting another purchase from me. It's 20 year old graphics. I'm ok with that since it's about the story (which I find awful so that doesn't help) but it shouldn't run so shitty with so few resources actually needed to run it. Terrible.

Amazing game as expected from TellTale.  I loved that by episode 6, your choices really do matter and can end the game in several different ways, unlike previous TT games.  I was basically a jerk to everyone in this game as I always am in these types of games fufufufufufu...

I just remember, on 4th episode Dany gave us gold to buy an " army " and Asher gets an " army " and when he comes back home with his " army " he says I brought you an " army "
and on 5th episode we see this " army " is only 5 people.
Back in highschool I was able to gather more people to fight when I was in trouble. This game is a joke. Worst telltale game by far ( imo )

• Like 2