Why

WatertownsFinest

If they were re-releasing this to tie in with the movie, that would make sense and I'd be all for it because I enjoyed this game and the more money it makes, the more chance of a sequel.

HOWEVER, the movie comes out in February, so releasing the game in November makes no fucking sense to me.

• Like 1

Why is it always games like this that get ports over...

Meanwhile, skyrim, fallout 3 & NV, Heavy Rain, Red dead, the dead space trilogy, mass effect trilogy, half life and portal 1 & 2 haven't even been mentioned. :'(

Edited by rgeGeo
  • Like 4

Well, I don't think it was really a bad game. Most people I've seen enjoyed it a lot.

Why is it always games like this that get ports over...

Meanwhile, skyrim, fallout 3 & NV, Heavy Rain, Red dead, the dead space trilogy, mass effect trilogy, half life and portal 1 & 2 haven't even been mentioned. :'(

Heavy Rain has already been confirmed for a PS4 release.

I had a lot of fun with this game but I genuinely don't see why it's being re-released on PS4 and Xbox One. It isn't a game you can really play through more than once and the sales for the original weren't that great, which ended in High Moon Studios (the developer) having staff laid off and then forced to work on "supporting" the main developers of games like Call of Duty and Destiny.

The fact that Activision also did this to Radical Entertainment (developers of Prototype 1 & 2), AND released poor ports of both Prototype games makes me feel that they're going to keep doing this. And most likely the Deadpool port will be just as bad as the Prototype ones. Don't buy this.

If they were re-releasing this to tie in with the movie, that would make sense and I'd be all for it because I enjoyed this game and the more money it makes, the more chance of a sequel.

HOWEVER, the movie comes out in February, so releasing the game in November makes no fucking sense to me.

I bet they're banking on Christmas sales too. 

I had a lot of fun with this game but I genuinely don't see why it's being re-released on PS4 and Xbox One. It isn't a game you can really play through more than once and the sales for the original weren't that great, which ended in High Moon Studios (the developer) having staff laid off and then forced to work on "supporting" the main developers of games like Call of Duty and Destiny.

The fact that Activision also did this to Radical Entertainment (developers of Prototype 1 & 2), AND released poor ports of both Prototype games makes me feel that they're going to keep doing this. And most likely the Deadpool port will be just as bad as the Prototype ones. Don't buy this.

I actually might replay this. The game was funny, and Nolan North did a fantastic job with the voice acting.

As for the why, I would again say, why not? Even if this doesn't sell well, Activision isn't going to lose money. This isn't an expensive remaster, just a re-release. It will sell some copies, especially with the movie coming out. I can't imagine the PS3 version will pick up any additional sales.

Bottom line, it's not like Sony only licenses so many of these ports/mo, and this is somehow preventing a better game from getting ported. While I think the practice is largely a money grab, gamers can certainly choose NOT to buy them. The practice isn't hurting anyone that I can think of.

I did want to clarify your High Moon comment though. I am positive that once this game went gold, Activision gutted the studio. It was not an internal decision by High Moon based on sales. I'm pretty sure Activision dropped the project on the studio, got what they wanted, then laid people off. Typical Activision MO.

It's a shame, would have loved to have seen more of the Cybertron Transformers games.

Wasnt this a bad game or am I forgetting something

No, it wasn't. It was actually quite good, but people just don't want another remaster, but instead a brand new IP.

Anyways, I know people get upset over remasters, which is understandable since the PS4 barely has any games as it is, but I don't mind it in the slightest. I have enough to play already which gives Sony a lot more time to figure out what they are going to do, and get their shit together all in the same process.

I actually might replay this. The game was funny, and Nolan North did a fantastic job with the voice acting.

I did want to clarify your High Moon comment though. I am positive that once this game went gold, Activision gutted the studio. It was not an internal decision by High Moon based on sales. I'm pretty sure Activision dropped the project on the studio, got what they wanted, then laid people off. Typical Activision MO.

That was my point exactly. They make studios create great games for them but if they don't think they can produce games that are going to meet their sales targets they just lay off half the team and shove them aside to support Activision's best sellers. Buying these games aren't helping the original developers in any way, you're just rewarding Activision for abusing them. If you want to play it again, buy it preowned on another system.

Edited by LeetWolf2

I bet they're banking on Christmas sales too. 

Okay, that's a fair point. I'll give you that.

Even still though, you'd think Deadpool's first *real* big screen appearance would drive sales for a re-released game from 2013, more than people buying stuff for Christmas. But then, I suppose, why not both, I mean the release window is pretty close to the movie's anyways. Oh well.

Okay, that's a fair point. I'll give you that.

Even still though, you'd think Deadpool's first *real* big screen appearance would drive sales for a re-released game from 2013, more than people buying stuff for Christmas. But then, I suppose, why not both, I mean the release window is pretty close to the movie's anyways. Oh well.

Maybe they are losing the license and want to maximize their profits. Similar to what Activision did with Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5.