Here comes the DLC!

PhoenixBear6232

I wouldn't mind that many DLC packs as I really enjoyed them in Driveclub, especially when the season pass was so cheap for all the content you got :D . Although I see this pack only has 3 trophies, which is probably a better idea if they plan to release a lot of DLC like Driveclub itself (speaking of which it also got another DLC trophy list ;) )

• 2 weeks later...

I think its rather a really nice addition to the game than just grinding out the main story trophies since they are pretty boring tbh. With the season pass and all the tour packs I got now I can easily focus on the dlc trophies and get the main game trophies on the side without really caring alot about them. In addition to that one gets alot more gametime out of driveclub and since I really enjoy it so far and appreciate the challenge it brings in some events, im really happy I bought it with the season pass. The positive side effect as a trophy/plathunter is that I get a hell lot of trophies/points while having fun playing driveclub ^^

Seems like the oppinions differ alot ^^

Driveclub is great and the developers are smart becouse their game is still played by a lot of people while the game is released well over a year ago. Doesn't matter as long you enjoy it and people who dont have the game shouldn't post their opinion here.

Edited by sept-sept
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

1. Doesn't matter as long you enjoy it ...

2. ............and people who dont have the game shouldn't post their opinion here.

Agree with the first thing, that as long you enjoy, doesn't matter but disagree with the second thing, as I felt it was rude and not in a good taste. Everyone has an opinion and every right to give it, its an open forum to discuss and debate. People ask question and whether they should be buying a particular game or not, does that mean those posts are equally worthless? Come on, be nice the next time.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, theparrotgamer said:

a dlc with dlcs?????????, what has gaming gone too??????

DriveClub Bikes is a big ass game, available entirely on it's own. It's also available as a "DLC extra" version for the main game, at a discount to people who already own it. I myself bought the standalone version despite having DC on disc, as it lets me play the Bikes portion without a disc in the machine. In addition, it lets me play all season pass content too, but then asks me for money if I want to play the main game without my disc in.

Anyway, it's a proper game, available as "DLC" at a discount for returning players. DLC for this is perfectly fine to me. Admittedly, it may have something to do with DriveClub's season pass being 10 dollars and offering tremendous value. If DLC is reasonably priced, what is your complaint with it? It's not like it was shit that was ready day one, it popped out a long while after launch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

DriveClub Bikes is a big ass game, available entirely on it's own. It's also available as a "DLC extra" version for the main game, at a discount to people who already own it. I myself bought the standalone version despite having DC on disc, as it lets me play the Bikes portion without a disc in the machine. In addition, it lets me play all season pass content too, but then asks me for money if I want to play the main game without my disc in.

Anyway, it's a proper game, available as "DLC" at a discount for returning players. DLC for this is perfectly fine to me. Admittedly, it may have something to do with DriveClub's season pass being 10 dollars and offering tremendous value. If DLC is reasonably priced, what is your complaint with it? It's not like it was shit that was ready day one, it popped out a long while after launch.

well i guess i can't judge since i haven't played driveclub, i didn't think the dlcs are actually good and not ripped of from the main game, it kind of looks that way with the amount of dlcs it has

12 hours ago, theparrotgamer said:

well i guess i can't judge since i haven't played driveclub, i didn't think the dlcs are actually good and not ripped of from the main game, it kind of looks that way with the amount of dlcs it has

Believe me, I absolutely hate bullshit DLCs and was having a go at some just a few minutes ago.

With DriveClub, there's a few things to note.

Firstly, the main game is a full ass game packed to the brim full of content.

Then there's the PS+ version, which you can't get anymore, which functions as a big demo with trophies.

Then there's the season pass, which I believe works with either of the above, and adds all the DLC sets.

Or, in lieu of the season pass, you can get the individual DLC, which each add a trophy event and another 5 or so levels usually, in addition to new cars and whatnot.

Then there's DriveClub Bikes which adds bikes into the mix, there's less content than the main game, but it doesn't sell itself as a whole physical game.

DC Bikes can be bought on it's own and played as such, or as an add on for normal DC users. 

Then there's DriveClub VR which takes a bunch of the main game, adds a few new things too, and then slaps VR on the thing.

Each piece of DLC adds a new pack of trophies, the thing is though, they supported the game for so long that they hit the limit of trophies they could add, and I know a couple of the few bits of DLC for the Bikes list are actually DLC for the main game, as in, cars, that kind of got forced onto that list. I haven't bought a single bit of Bikes DLC (as it's not included in the season pass, and therefore not worth it to me), and yet, I have a trophy from one of the DLC lists in it (https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4013-driveclub-bikes/stoogebag) ... the DLC for DriveClub on it's own is pretty cool, but there's way too much to justify the cost, the season pass on the other hand bundles almost all of it together for a pretty cheap price, I know I bought the pass for just under 10 bucks a couple of years back now, no idea what it goes for now though.

DriveClub really is a good game, and while I'm not too good at the bikes part, DC Bikes is a really fun game too. If they land on sale in the future (may or may not, since Evolution is shut down now) I strongly recommend them, or if you can find a disc copy for cheap, it was 15 everywhere back when it initially flopped, before the Plus version dropped and all the updates came that made it a MUCH better game. 

2 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Believe me, I absolutely hate bullshit DLCs and was having a go at some just a few minutes ago.

With DriveClub, there's a few things to note.

Firstly, the main game is a full ass game packed to the brim full of content.

Then there's the PS+ version, which you can't get anymore, which functions as a big demo with trophies.

Then there's the season pass, which I believe works with either of the above, and adds all the DLC sets.

Or, in lieu of the season pass, you can get the individual DLC, which each add a trophy event and another 5 or so levels usually, in addition to new cars and whatnot.

Then there's DriveClub Bikes which adds bikes into the mix, there's less content than the main game, but it doesn't sell itself as a whole physical game.

DC Bikes can be bought on it's own and played as such, or as an add on for normal DC users. 

Then there's DriveClub VR which takes a bunch of the main game, adds a few new things too, and then slaps VR on the thing.

Each piece of DLC adds a new pack of trophies, the thing is though, they supported the game for so long that they hit the limit of trophies they could add, and I know a couple of the few bits of DLC for the Bikes list are actually DLC for the main game, as in, cars, that kind of got forced onto that list. I haven't bought a single bit of Bikes DLC (as it's not included in the season pass, and therefore not worth it to me), and yet, I have a trophy from one of the DLC lists in it (https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4013-driveclub-bikes/stoogebag) ... the DLC for DriveClub on it's own is pretty cool, but there's way too much to justify the cost, the season pass on the other hand bundles almost all of it together for a pretty cheap price, I know I bought the pass for just under 10 bucks a couple of years back now, no idea what it goes for now though.

DriveClub really is a good game, and while I'm not too good at the bikes part, DC Bikes is a really fun game too. If they land on sale in the future (may or may not, since Evolution is shut down now) I strongly recommend them, or if you can find a disc copy for cheap, it was 15 everywhere back when it initially flopped, before the Plus version dropped and all the updates came that made it a MUCH better game. 

that's nice to hear, i think i'll give it a go if it hits a pretty good discount, thanks for the info!