Does Japanese Graphic Novels games have DLC?

Corcevado

Hi! I would like to import some Japanese Graphic Novels games, but I'm afraid about the possibility of upcoming DLC's. I know you can't use Japanese DLC on your EU account as it's region locked. I would like to import the games like ALIA's CARNIVAL, two FLOWERS games, ChuSingura46+1 -忠臣蔵46+1- V, Grisaia's games, Angel's blessing, Pebble in the Sky and DIABOLIK etc.. I know if the game was released in 2013 I don't need to worry about upcoming DLC, but I might worry about the new games.. I have like a "perfect"-100% account and I would love to keep that. It's a nice challenge for me. I don't want to have a game on my trophy list that I can't completeit to 100%. Can anyone tell me how big the chance it will be that they will release any DLC for one of Japanese Graphic Novels games?

What about the big franchise Japanese games like Atelier, Hyperdemension and Tales etc? Thanks!

Visual novels never have DLC so no need to worry about those, I can't speak about neptunia, atelier and tales games cuz I've never played any, but I think they only have costumes and such as dlc and no trophies are related to them.

Edited by theladozz
  • Like 1

Visual Novels are released as it is. If they ever wanted to add anything else they would just make a sequel instead of putting DLC. For HDN and Atelier they so far have never had any DLC for their games with DLC trophies and I doubt they will in the end. Other games such as Onechanbara Z Zagura with NoNoNo on the other hand has DLC and subsequently enough is also credit card locked because it is a Cero Z game. Basically most Japanese games only have DLC to boost in game performance and not trophies in general as there are some exceptions like Onechanbara mentioned above.

• Like 1

Some of the localized VN's have DLC in the form of the original voices. I think I remember you saying you're deaf though, so that shouldn't cause any problems for you.

I'd advise against buying the games just for the trophies unless you're willing to spend an ton of money for a virtual reward.

Only 2 or 3 games have Japanese voices as DLC but those are not VNs.

Because VNs usually do not have wrong voices :awesome:

Never heard of a trophy DLC for a VN. But be prepared for the long haul on some of those VNs. I know Grisaia took a loooong time for PC, not sure about the Vita version.

I would presume he wants to skip through.

• Like 1

I guess I was wrong then :P

Those Japanese voices DLC's doesn't add new trophies right? I never buy a DLC that doesn't add new trophies. I usually only buy DLC's for trophies :P So I have to skip Grisaia's games?

Because VNs usually do not have wrong voices :awesome:

I would presume he wants to skip through.

So I have to skip Grisaia's games because there's possibility that they will add a new DLC with trophies?

Thanks for helping me (for the information), folks!

Those Japanese voices DLC's doesn't add new trophies right? I never buy a DLC that doesn't add new trophies. I usually only buy DLC's for trophies :P So I have to skip Grisaia's games?

JP voices are free xD

But anyway, no, you shouldn't skip Grisaia because of DLCs (there won't be any) but because there's still a chance of proper localization for Vita, just like Muv-Luv.

(Also, I do not believe we have ever said to skip Grisaia xD)

• 2 weeks later...