Disappointed with the platinum

madrabbit1485

This platinum was a really disappointing one. I for one consider platinums to be something achievable after you do everything the game has to offer, but this is really not the case here.

I'm in the middle of my second playthrough and already got it. I could have it during the first one, but I didn't care much about collecting tags over and over. 

There's so much stuff to be done. I didn't even finish this second playthrough to get the alternative ending, or recruited the extra characters so I didn't miss their events on ch.8.

I've never passed the first level of that big ass tower full of mobs level 100+, or went to all the caves, got the best weapons and defeated the secret boss(es?).

If there weren't 4 missable events, the platinum could at least be "Complete the rubicus". That would be a decent platinum and could represent an almost 100% completed game.

I don't know if it's like this because this is a PSP port and they didn't have enough hooks in the code to put more, or if they just didn't care, but this was a pretty bad trophy choice.

• Like 1

I don't understand what the issue is. What's stopping you from doing everything the game has to offer even after you got the plat? The fact that you can't advertise it to everyone who sees your profile? I got 100% game completion in games like this that don't require it for the plat, like Far Cry 4 or Assassin's Creed II. It doesn't bother me that nobody knows I did by looking at my plats, because I at least know I did.

Nothing`s stopping me, it`s just that In my head platinums were supposed to be a way to know that I did everything the game had to offer, so I could put it away or sell it.

It's definitely not the case here.

I have Far cry 4 as well, it's a good example. 100% the game will not get you any trophies, and for the same reason I think it should.

• Like 1

Because this game is meant to be played for cast story. If there were some shitty additional things to do just to prolong the actual time to Plat, it would just distract you from the story.

Also

This platinum was a really disappointing one. I for one consider platinums to be something achievable after you do everything the game has to offer, but this is really not the case here.=

You may consider it, but it's rarely the case.

I'm in the middle of my second playthrough and already got it. I could have it during the first one, but I didn't care much about collecting tags over and over. 

Well, it is one-playthrough game, though.

• 2 years later...
On 11/19/2015 at 6:50 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Because this game is meant to be played for cast story. If there were some shitty additional things to do just to prolong the actual time to Plat, it would just distract you from the story.

I know this reply is like two years old, but I don't think doing everything there is to be done with the game qualifies as "shitty additional things". Trophies that are pointless meta padding like kill 6 billion enemies or travel 5 million km or something, that's shitty. I don't think it affected his enjoyment of the game at all (I stopped playing after about 15 minutes but that's irrelevant), he's just pointing out that it's a lacklustre list and I think that's perfectly reasonable on a trophy hunting website. FFXV had a pretty shitty one in that regard as well.

20 minutes ago, HeroFangGhetz said:

Remeber when people played a game to 100% because they actually wanted to do it and not because of a virtual item with no redeeming value? I swear today's gaming generation are a bunch of spoiled brats.

What makes you think he didn't do that as well? What a needlessly antagonistic reply. 

Edited by LunchCannon54

50 minutes ago, HeroFangGhetz said:

Remember when people played a game to 100% because they actually wanted to do it and not because of a virtual item with no redeeming value? I swear today's gaming generation are a bunch of spoiled brats.

It's hilarious that people have ingrained the mentality that, when they get the Platinum, BOOM! Time to hit that home button and delete it from your PS4!

I'm replaying God of War III Remastered, on Chaos (Very Hard) difficulty. Despite platinuming it 2 years ago. It's my fourth time buying God of War III. Trophies don't matter to me. It's all about the experience. Sadly, with people on this site, it's only trophies that matter. 

Case and point? People on this site won't buy games if they don't have trophies (or a platinum). And they certainly won't replay games they've already platinumed because of their "huge backlog" and the trophies they could otherwise earn if they didn't WASTE their time playing a game they already got the trophies on.

Trophies and achievements are 100% ruining games.

1 hour ago, LunchCannon54 said:

What makes you think he didn't do that as well? What a needlessly antagonistic reply. 

If he did do that, this pointless topic would have never existed. Logic101 bro.

35 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

It's hilarious that people have ingrained the mentality that, when they get the Platinum, BOOM! Time to hit that home button and delete it from your PS4!

I'm replaying God of War III Remastered, on Chaos (Very Hard) difficulty. Despite platinuming it 2 years ago. It's my fourth time buying God of War III. Trophies don't matter to me. It's all about the experience. Sadly, with people on this site, it's only trophies that matter. 

Case and point? People on this site won't buy games if they don't have trophies (or a platinum). And they certainly won't replay games they've already platinumed because of their "huge backlog" and the trophies they could otherwise earn if they didn't WASTE their time playing a game they already got the trophies on.

Trophies and achievements are 100% ruining games.

Hit the nail on the head. I like collecting trophies as much as the next guy, but i'm not letting that decide a game's lifespan.