GamesCom 2011 - Discussion Thread

BountyHunterinc

gamescom.jpg

Official GamesCom Site

Start and Finish dates: 17th of August till the 21st of August.

GamesCom is Under way!

E3 is barely behind us, Quakecon is just beginning to get underway, and we already have another great event coming up as well. Germany's GamesCom will be taking place in just a few short weeks, consider it Europes E3. The event happens on August 18th up until the 21st for the public, while the press will be present one day earlier.

We can expect a healthy line-up of games, announcements, teasers and trailers. Last year's GC had an excellent showcase of games and announcements, such as; Portal 2, inFAMOUS 2, Killzone 3, Little Big Planet 2, Resistance 3, Metal Gear Solid: Rising, and Gran Turismo 5. We can expect more this year, and just in case you can't catch everything, i'll make sure you don't miss out, as I'll be scouring the web and keeping this thread updated with all of the Latest from the show and beyond.

Let's Begin.

Latest Videos and Updates

8/20

8/19

8/18

8/17

Assassins Creed: Revelations Trailer

Fifa Street Announcement Trailer

Resistance 3 - Winter is Coming Trailer

The Witcher 2 Trailer

Prototype 2 - Timeline and Evolution Trailer

8/16

Battlefield 3 Conquest Trailer

Devil May Cry Trailer

Steel Battalion: Heavy Armour Trailer

German E3 eh? Well, I could get into that. Any idea if it will be televised on G4?

It could be be. On G4's site it states that they are defintely going to be there, and they will be covering everything by the looks of it:

While Tokyo Game Show is the E3 of Japan, GamesCom has become the E3 of Europe. And with an event of this magnitude, we’d be remiss not to bring you up to the minute updates of every detail from Europe’s biggest videogame convention for 2011.

Starting August 17th through August 21st, 2011, G4tv.com will be bringing you all of the biggest videogame news, trailers, previews, demos, screenshots and interviews from GamesCom 2011. So stay up all night with us while we bring you the biggest scoops from across the pond!

I believe Borderlands 2 will be shown there as well which is what I'm looking forward to.

Indeed it is. 2K Games will be there to showcase it.

• Like 1

So am I. Even though it might not be much, anything is good enough for now.

Borderlands 2 will defintely be getting demonstrated, and chances are it will be quite a detailed walkthrough. My guess is anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes of new footage.

That tends to be the average amount of time for a new game to be showcased, and some are a lot more. Considering 2K will be wanting to show off their new beast, I can't see it being a short look.

Also, the main post has been updated with some things.

I'm interested in how much Sony will push the Vita at this conference. It was a major focus at E3 but now that it has been confirmed for 2011 are they going to wait to show some more cool stuff, or will they make the wait even harder by having an awesome presentation?

I'll be checking this thread for updates.

Parker

I'm interested in how much Sony will push the Vita at this conference. It was a major focus at E3 but now that it has been confirmed for 2011 are they going to wait to show some more cool stuff, or will they make the wait even harder by having an awesome presentation?

My guess is that Sony will have some new things to present, but they'll be holding back to demonstrate further at other upcoming events, such as the Tokyo Game Show, but we'll see.

Thread Updated.

well, looks like a good line-up, but im really only paying attention to Darksiders 2, Prototype 2, DmC, Dark Souls, and the Infamous 2 DLC, for both good and bad reasons

Prototype 2 looks so far to be fixing what was so horrible about Prototype 2...even though that was kinda everything <_<

DmC looks like the mechanics are staying, but it doesn't have the same vibe, the enviroments are so light and occupied-looking, but we'll see

the rest look really good i have to say, and im excited for them, also need to get Draksiders 1 and still need to get enough money for Infamous 2 :(

all around, nice list, and nice job rounding up all the videos