Afro Samurai 2 Removed From Stores, Games Canceled, Refunds Issued

But it was rated so highly...

fMpzqLz.png

I especially like the review from Hardcore Gamer

"This title plays like a sarcastic version of a real game. I don’t mind being mocked if I can laugh along, but this is just mean."

Edited by Boooda
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Technically the first episode still "exists" for people who bought it. But if they're going to refund everyone, whoever accepts the refund will lose the game.

Yeah... because companies ALWAYS manage to personally issue refunds... like with the Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut discount fiasco back in 2013 on Steam... suuuuure.

Dude, you're wrong. I have the game. You gotten refunded back around October 30th as store credit. I didn't even know I had the money back as I ended up spending it on DCUO without knowing at the time. 

Anyway, you get to keep the game on your system's hard drive as long as you never delete it. 

Edited by Leo_the_Lion25

• 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, Bubblyfishes said:

if you bought this game, can it still be accessed through the Download List? or is your only bet having it still on your PS3?

I remember when this happened. They locked the game in people's libraries so you couldn't play it at all anymore. You can't download it if you deleted it and you can't even start it up if you went online after they did the automatic refunds for it. I highly doubt anyone has kept their console offline for years just to play the first part of a broken game. The only reliable way to play it is to torrent it for PC since a few places still have it listed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

I remember when this happened. They locked the game in people's libraries so you couldn't play it at all anymore. You can't download it if you deleted it and you can't even start it up if you went online after they did the automatic refunds for it. I highly doubt anyone has kept their console offline for years just to play the first part of a broken game. The only reliable way to play it is to torrent it for PC since a few places still have it listed.

Ahhhh thank you. So this makes for a very rare 100% then. Interesting. Cheers!

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
On 1/5/2016 at 7:41 AM, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

Dude, you're wrong. I have the game. You gotten refunded back around October 30th as store credit. I didn't even know I had the money back as I ended up spending it on DCUO without knowing at the time. 

Anyway, you get to keep the game on your system's hard drive as long as you never delete it. 

Hey! Do you have this game on your PS? A friend and I are looking for a way to download this game again, and a PS4 with it installed is vital for the process.

1 hour ago, Dark_Overlord said:

If this involves CFW or console modding then you cannot talk about it on here

It isn't... I was planning to do the same that people did with P.T. before, using a PS4 backup with the game.
My friend bought AS2, but deleted some years ago and we're trying to get it back.

Edited by vencedo__

2 hours ago, vencedo__ said:

It isn't... I was planning to do the same that people did with P.T. before, using a PS4 backup with the game.
My friend bought AS2, but deleted some years ago and we're trying to get it back.

Ah ok :)

I'm curious if it'd be possible to trick it like they did with P.T?

You downloaded the pkg, then used a proxy to trick the PS4 into downloading that to the console instead, as long as you had the license it would work.

Unfortunately, this is a special case.
The guy who did this proxy trick, found on the web a direct link to the PlayStation servers to download P.T.

Afro Samurai 2 is probably dead and that link is nowhere to be found. So if I got this backup file from someone who still has the game installed, I could restore it to my PS and the game should come with it as well.

There's a video on YT where other guy that backup/restore with P.T. before the proxy thing.