Games of Thrones Season 2 confirmed by TellTale

Azaan60

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-20-telltale-confirms-games-of-thrones-season-two

Telltale's episodic Game of Thrones series will return for a second season, the developer has confirmed.

Studio boss and co-founder Kevin Bruner has revealed that Telltale had always been planning its story with a second run of episodes in mind.

Now, with the last episode of its first season released, the developer is happy to talk a little more about it.

"After this week's finale, I'm pleased to officially confirm that there will be a second season of Telltale's Game of Thrones series," Bruner told The Hollywood Reporter - which, you should note, be warned that article contains spoilers for the game's full season.

"It's currently in development."

Game of Thrones season one concluded - a little unsatisfyingly - in a number of cliffhangers. Anyone hoping for resolution... well, there wasn't much of it.

"The questions left on the table at the conclusion of season one, who survived and who didn't, as well as all the other choices you made play a huge role in the second season," Bruner concluded.

"We've been planning the second season all along, but I really shouldn't be revealing more than that."

There's no word yet on when the second season might be released, but the back half of next year sounds like a fair bet.

Edited by Azaan60

That's great news, if only The Wolf Among Us got a season 2 too.

The Wolf Among Us is such a good game, I would say it's my 2nd favorite Telltale game. 

OT: I hope they improve the engine and the choices you make impact the story unlike the first season where you make different choices but you get the same outcome.

The Wolf Among Us is such a good game, I would say it's my 2nd favorite Telltale game. 

OT: I hope they improve the engine and the choices you make impact the story unlike the first season where you make different choices but you get the same outcome.

I wish they would do that, the ps3 version had too many performance issues.

I still need to play the last episode of season one. I'm in no hurry will Fallout 4 taking all my gaming time and being disappointed with GOT so far. Borderlands on the other hand was awesome and would LOVE another season of that.

Yeah, they really need to work on the engine for the game. I played the game on both the PS4 and PS3. The PS4 version was a bit laggy at times, but nothing beyond what I've come to expect from other TT games like TWD or WAU. That being said, chapter 5 and 6 on the PS3 became nearly unplayable for me. At one point, all the sound cut out but background noise, I tried to exit to the menu and it just crashed my system. 

As far as people wanting other sequels, I'm sure, given it's success that we will be getting another Tales from the Borderlands, and TWD is a certainty as well. WAU seems the least likely, but at least it had a complete story, so we're not left with a cliff hanger that we never get resolved. 

They definitely need to update their engine though. I can't believe that these games are so taxing that they should be causing so much lag and generally jacked up performance. Hell, I remember TWD being janky on my gaming PC way back when ffs. No reason it should still be this bad. 

Edited by TastyEmpire

Hopefully they greatly improve the game engine. Episode 6 was damn near unplayable for me on ps3 with the constant freezing and audio skipping that it actually took away from the experience for me. I wanted to replay it and see how Rodrik handled the end game but I gave up on that after I got the plat. I'll probably wait for a good sale on a PS4 Game of Thrones season's pass, since I heard from a few buddies that there wasn't as much issues in that version (plus, how can I say no to another plat lol).

Their work has got pretty slapdash of late. I don't know if anybody else noticed but if you watch the credits from the last episode one section had 'double check for accuracy' written on it lol I wasn't quick enough to screen shot it but Wow. performance was never great on Telltale games but episode 6 really took the biscuit. During the final fight scene my characters face was missing for most of it and it was so clunky switching between scenes. Their release schedule became a bit of a joke aswell. 11 months beginning to end. With the content being what it was it didn't half feel like a slog getting through it. I'm sad to say I'm glad it was over once I'd finished

Episode 6 runs awful on PS3. Seriously, after the fantastic Tales from the Borderlands finale, I'm amazed they released this mess. All but five minutes of it were plagued with audio skips or sync failure, and some scenes stuttered so bad it was hard to tell what was happening. We were also left in the dark on why a lot of stuff was supposedly important. I don't even see how season 2 could have anything to do with the Forresters or Ironrath, because both were completely massacred but for like 2 people (the way I fumbled through it, anyway).

Also. Am I the only one who thought/hoped there would be a real, awesome ice dragon, given the episode's title and Daenerys on the splash screen?

• 2 years later...