Is this worth a go?

Dan_WatsonAU

There was a few puzzles that required you to tilt the vita to move some balls around. Firstly it was a shit idea but it was badly implemented as well and the reaction from tilting the vita seemed to change halfway through for no reason. Was so frustrating.

Ah. That does sound pretty rough. Unfortunately, a lot of early Vita games had those kinds of gimmicks..(still remember having to hold the thing right up against a lightbulb in Uncharted). Puzzles didn't give me any issues in the PS3 version. 

Edited by DamagingRob

Ah. That does sound pretty rough. Unfortunately, a lot of early Vita games had those kinds of gimmicks..(still remember having to hold the thing right up against a lightbulb in Uncharted). Puzzles didn't give me any issues in the PS3 version. 

If I remember right Liberation had the same thing only not implemented as well as Uncharted. 

Hey Dan would be interested in boosting online trophies let me know when you are up to that

How much boosting time is required? My game time isn't as much as it used to be so I wasn't planning on going for the platinum. 

To be honest the greatest thing about this game, and ACIV, is that the online trophies require the bare minimum for playing with other people. They pretty much ruin the online part anyways treating it like CoD running around like a bunch of asshats making their kills the least scoring possible. (If you can't tell I despise online gameplay lmfao.)

This game's online trophies can be done mostly solo if I remember right through the Wolfpackf modes. The only trophy you actually need to do with other people is "Winning Team".

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So in summary I would say it's the weakest instalment I have played.

Connor is the most boring human to grace a computer game.

I just felt I was getting through it. I fact I bypassed a lot of stuff just to get through it.

Unity had its critics but at least Paris was an impressive world the colonies didn't even have that going for it.

But it has made me want to play Black Flag again which I did find much more enjoyable.

It will have to wait for awhile I've played 3, liberation, black flag, unity, 2 and syndicate in 2015 and I think I need a break from it now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't like it much. Where I would take my sweet time exploring and doing side missions in the previous games, I gave up on this fairly early here and played through the story just to finish it. The story was not particularly bad, but I found the main character and the setting to be boring and underwhelming after spending hours in old and interesting cities like Venezia, Firenze, Rome and Constantinople. 

If you like the Assassin's Creed gameplay formula, I'd say you should go for it. At the time I played this game I was growing a bit tired of said formula, and the lack of interesting places to discover I eventually lost my interest and just finished it to finish it. It, however, offered the very interesting ship battles which laid the foundation for its sequel, Black Flag. But that was a tiny band-aid to a large wound for my part.

• Like 2

Just finished the main story today. Wasn't exactly impressed to say the least. Connor is an extremely dull character for sure, but the gameplay has improved in some places. Movement in particular. The introduction of other things such as hunting and naval missions were a good touch. However that being said, the game is infested with glitches in some areas but that being said it won't affect my view too much since my copy might just be a bit faulty or something. There were parts in the game where it was incredibly boring and I just wanted to get it done as quick as possible to get onto something interesting. Particularly the beginning. Haven't felt like this since the first AC, which was primarily let down by the gameplay only really.

Will still be playing to get the rest of the trophies however. Whether I'll be motivated to get the platinum due to my feelings with the game remains to be seen. Also heard that online has a new Wolfpack feature which should be interesting. This game certainly isn't bad. It's alright. But it was bad for an AC game in my opinion. One of the weakest, if not the weakest instalment in the entire series thus far. Hoping that Black Flag is better. 7/10. 

Some people think this is the best in the series. I think it's one of the worst. It depends on how you play really and how much you enjoy the American Revolution story behind it.

Edited by OviixeFFecTz

Just finished the main story today. Wasn't exactly impressed to say the least. Connor is an extremely dull character for sure, but the gameplay has improved in some places. Movement in particular. The introduction of other things such as hunting and naval missions were a good touch. However that being said, the game is infested with glitches in some areas but that being said it won't affect my view too much since my copy might just be a bit faulty or something. There were parts in the game where it was incredibly boring and I just wanted to get it done as quick as possible to get onto something interesting. Particularly the beginning. Haven't felt like this since the first AC, which was primarily let down by the gameplay only really.

Will still be playing to get the rest of the trophies however. Whether I'll be motivated to get the platinum due to my feelings with the game remains to be seen. Also heard that online has a new Wolfpack feature which should be interesting. This game certainly isn't bad. It's alright. But it was bad for an AC game in my opinion. One of the weakest, if not the weakest instalment in the entire series thus far. Hoping that Black Flag is better. 7/10. 

Some people think this is the best in the series. I think it's one of the worst. It depends on how you play really and how much you enjoy the American Revolution story behind it.

About Black Flag,

Black Flag's improvement to the naval aspects is what Assassin's Creed II was to the series. From your opinion of ACIII I'm sure you'll think of ACIV is even less of an AC game but when it comes to the naval parts there's no denying how much more improved it is over ACIII.

I wish I remembered enough of ACIII to talk more about it. Too many games and time between. xD

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I can say what I don't like about it. Let's start with Connor. He is just lifeless. With Ezio you felt his need to revenge, Altair was devoted towards his brotherhood. Shay was betrayed by his brothers, Arno wanted to find a bridge between him and Elise. Frey twins were awesome (basically because their aproach were so different from each other). And Connor just was. And apart from that. There is too much running aimlessly around the wilderness. Cities are simply boring. This is a game about assassins and you have to kill only a few targets (I mean main ones). Setting is good, but the story itself isn't too entertaining. I also have a feeling that the most of the content are cut down (for example the way to gather new assassins around you - I've got a feeling there is a lot missing there). But I have to be honest. This is the worst AC game for me, and it looks like shit compared to all the others, but it's still an average game. The biggest minus about it, is that it is not as good as other games. 

• Like 2

I just finished the base game this past weekend and I have mixed feelings. When I started out on release day nearly 4 years ago, the slow start turned me off enough where I didn't pick the game up again until about a month ago (good thing I stopped fairly early in the game though). I'll say that once the game finally turned me loose, I ended up enjoying it far more than AC Revelations. Having only played the series up to AC III, compared to the others, its somewhere in the middle as far as likability. The thing that I really enjoyed the most about the game was hunting animals, the naval missions and building up the Davenport Homestead. I found the story a bit uninteresting (as I did the time period), regardless of the interesting premise of the "father - son rivalry"...nothing Star Wars epic there. I've heard the series has gotten better from this point, so I am looking forward to continuing on with the series. As of now, I'm playing the Tyranny of Washington DLC expansion and so far its a snooze fest.  Hopefully like the base game, it gets a little better and ends up having some redeemable qualities.

Edited by merciful84

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum'ed this game 2 times, and will do so again on this account haha. It doesn't have the greatest story and characters, but I still love it nonetheless.

Not my favorite one in the series though. 

Edited by Glaciphy

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

If you plan to platinum it, I'd suggest putting aside a good 6 months.. Most of the homestead missions are basically walk from point A to point B over 10 minutes, then press Circle when you get there... And as if their obsession with collectibles wasn't enough, they thought it was a good idea to now make you chase the almanac pages. I do like the game but there's no denying it's 75% padding. 

• 1 month later...

The Platinum is absolutely terrible, while mp is pretty short, the single player trophies are a total chore, seriously I echo the 75% padding sentiment, after the main story it just becomes a pain in the ass. I wouldn’t recommend it, it is the worst of the franchise by a long shot, especially coming off the high of revelations. It’s complementary story liberation is the only thing worse than this. I say stay away from both, honestly.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'd say yes. Haven't encountered any glitches yet, not anything close to game breaking at least, and I found the game quite enjoyable. Not as good as the other AC games in my opinion, but still worth a go for those who enjoy the AC games. Quite a lot more difficult and time consuming than I remember the other games in the series to be, due to the fact that all side objectives in the missions need to be completed in one go to achieve full synch, not to mention the encyclopaedia trophy that took some time.

And that damn trophy for winning those board games, that was pure agony. Other than that, though, the game was quite enjoyable.