Refer a Friend Partner Finding

IrishNexus

For those who do not know, Bungie has launched their Refer a Friend system for Destiny. For those who do not like Destiny or are just here to bash, please move on; this is a thread aiming to help.

Essentially this system requires two people; a person who has already played The Taken King (Veteran) and a person looking to start playing (Referee).

The Veteran sends the Referee a code (created from https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/ReferAFriend/254/6350484) and the two complete quests together and earn exclusive rewards. The Referee has to redeem this code within seven days of starting Destiny: The Taken King. These rewards are an exclusive sword, exclusive Sparrow, two exclusive emotes, an exclusive shader, and an exclusive emblem.

This is a thread to, hopefully, help people find a corresponding partner for this system. You have to both be on the same system (PS4 or Xbox One) so ensure you both are before trying anything.

I'll go first; are there any people looking to start Destiny who wish to be the Referee to my Veteran?

EDIT: Found a Referee.

Edited by giveherthedluffy

I'm guessing that a lot of new players are going to miss out on this simply because they don't know it exists in the first week. Still, I would love to grab those items, so send me a friend's request via PSN and we'll take it from there. I'm a veteran.

BTW, I'm not just looking to complete this questline, I'm always happy to play and connect with others or to offer help/advice with trophies, esp the Flawless Raider ;)

I found a Referee by constantly reloading the Tower until I found someone who was lower than level 20, and messaged them asking if they were a new player.  

Eventually found a really nice newbie and have been playing with he and his friend for the last day or so, great times.

Laid back vet that plays daily. Would love to show the ropes to new players. Plus my clan is looking for some new guardians as well. I use a mic but you don't need one.

Code is:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ReferAFriend?code=RAF-V4K-7TM-J4N

Might have made a new code by mistake:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ReferAFriend?code=RAF-GJC-PRP-3P9

Edited by NedskiEd

I don't play Destiny, but I have to say, some of the posters above me could be doing more to sell themselves. It appears to be a buyers' market.

Why not take the time to say who you are, what times you are usually able to play, what class you main with, what class your ideal referee would be, whether you're "all business" or whether you have other interests that you like to talk about on chat... You might have more luck that way.

Like I said, I don't play Destiny, so I don't know what that community is like. So take these words for what they're worth: probably not a lot. 

• Like 3

Potential Referee Here!

I bought and played Destiny on Day One, got the platinum a month later in October 2014 and haven't touched it since. Im planning on going buying TTK and going back and getting all the DLC Trophies.

So my question is: If I have already played the original game before, but havent gotten any of the expansions and havent played since October last year, will I qualify for Referee Status?

If so then guess Im looking for a Veteran

Couldnt care less about the rewards, since Im just going to stop playing again once I 100% this.

Idealy looking for someone that can help me boost through those easy quest trophies.