Dead or Alive Extreme not getting Localized because of SJW?

Kishnabe

Looking forward to the thoughtful and mature discourse that will no doubt follow the comment about "social justice warriors" taking away another opportunity to ruin game controllers with nosebleeds.

Also, if people are mad about not getting the chance to ogle underage Japanese girls in bikinis in a beach setting, let me remind everyone that Senran Kagura Estival Versus is still coming out here in the West any month now.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2

Meh. Just release it in Jpn with English subtitles or an English audio track and let anyone who wants it import. Problem solved.

There's already an Asian English sub version confirmed.

I find Tecmo's recent approach to Dead or Alive in the west to be very strange. First they don't want the sexy costumes to be used in tournaments so that the game can be taken more seriously. Next they say their reason for not localizing this game is due to how women are portrayed in the gaming industry yet they are only adding to said problems in Asian territories.

I don't want it to sound like I'm promoting a game about scantily clad women on the beach but the fanservice in DoA games definitely makes it... uh... stand out from others. Some of the fans like it. Tecmo choosing not localize this game based off of the opinions of people who would never buy it in the first place sounds kind of dumb to me.

If Tecmo's current approach to the DoA franchise continues, I think it's just going to drive fans away from what it used to be rather than keep the old fans around and attract new ones.

Edited by Blue Flare

Not to be that guy, but the game is called Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, not Extreme.  :P

I didn't think Koei Tecmo were the kind to stray away from controversy. I mean wasn't Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PC a complete mess? Not to mention that Dead or Alive has always been about the big beautiful bouncing chests.  xD They didn't seem to care about backlash then.  :giggle: Well I guess the feminazis have won guys. Time to go on home.  :D

There's already an Asian English sub version confirmed.

I find Tecmo's recent approach to Dead or Alive in the west to be very strange. First they don't want the sexy costumes to be used in tournaments so that the game can be taken more seriously. Next they say their reason for not localizing this game is due to how women are portrayed in the gaming industry yet they are only adding to said problems in Asian territories.

I don't want it to sound like I'm promoting a game about scantily clad women on the beach but the fanservice in DoA games definitely makes it... uh... stand out from others. Some of the fans like it. Tecmo choosing not localize this game based off of the opinions of people who would never buy it in the first place sounds kind of dumb to me.

If Tecmo's current approach to the DoA franchise continues, I think it's just going to drive fans away from what it used to be rather than keep the old fans around and attract new ones.

That had nothing to do with Tecmo, that was the DOA tournament runners. 

They really just don't to start any shit with the oversensitive people in the west. And honestly, I could understand the butthurt a little... if it were real women being overly sexualized. But they're not. They're fictional characters. There's plenty of male fictional characters that are sexualized for women, and nobody cares.

• Like 1

Kind of weird that they have made sexy costumes as DLC in their other games but now they are cautious. At least you can get the subbed version, but I still think they shouldn't have to worry/care about people that get offended under everything under the sun and just send it anyway.

• Like 1

Really? Using those who are for social justice as an excuse? It's probably one of the many (popular) excuses for the masses who are into the whole 'oh no, those who are for [insert something that's actually a good thing but demonized by the media here] is taking away everything fun in life'. They probably have a lot of other legitimate reasons why they won't be bring this game over to the west but this excuse they're giving is likely the one that'll divert the most blame away from them.

I'll probably import this game one day though. You don't really need much japanese to understand a game like this.

• Like 1

So, they would rather complain about a game, but not about what's going on around them in everyday life? Man, talk about priorities :facepalm:

That's kinda the problem, they're starting to run out of big social issues to feel good about solving in their every day life, so they've to create these imaginary buggy men. The same people will damage control for the those who contribute or is the cause of the issues and problems they are claim to be fighting against in other cultures... It's the whole, "don't hit down, only hit up", mentality. etc :P

• Like 2

Looking forward to the thoughtful and mature discourse that will no doubt follow the comment about "social justice warriors" taking away another opportunity to ruin game controllers with nosebleeds.

Also, if people are mad about not getting the chance to ogle underage Japanese girls in bikinis in a beach setting, let me remind everyone that Senran Kagura Estival Versus is still coming out here in the West any month now.

Underage to Americans is not underage in Japan. Every character is legal. Also, not to be rude but this is where actually reading character bios comes in very handy.

Edited by AnimeDreama

You guys take it the wrong way. They actually did us a big favor =D

Now there's no other choice but to import, thus, eliminate any possibility censorship the localized version could have. :awesome:

We should actually be glad :awesome:

Now KT does not need to waste money trying to tone down it to pass American laws.

And they can work on Atelier :awesome: :awesome:

Don't worry, we all planned to import it :awesome:

Also, they are all 18.

Not that it matters to you :awesome:

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 2

Underage to Americans is not underage in Japan. Every character is legal. Also, not to be rude but this is where actually reading character bios comes in very handy.

When you have to frame your defense with the statement "It's not considered illegal/weird in Japan!", you've kind have already lost the battle before it started.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1