Strumillionaire

Banana_Sausage47

On 15.10.2018 at 11:35 PM, kapitein said:

DONE. Plat in the bag. Good luck to the guys just starting out, a mixer did wonders for me (average of 5.000 strums per song). Took me about 8 hours non stop mixing.

witch song do you use for 5000 strums? 

Indeed, 5000 was the average. First I used duct tape (a few layers) to heighten the strum bar, then I used duct tape (a lot of layers) to make a construction on the mixer so it would strum twice per rotation. Then I used duct tape (a whole lot of layers) to tape the mixer on the guitar so I wouldn't have to hold it. Then just let it rip at full speed, but remember to let it cool off in between songs as my first mixer exploded (I bought the cheapest one of some webshop). 

When in doubt, use duct tape.

• Like 3

Took a while to get my mixer securely attached to the guitar - damn thing wobbles around a lot, had to use a lot of tape.

Seems to be working reliably now though, "just" ~800k strums to go at around 30k/hr

EDIT: the mixer keeps shifting around so I switched to the reciprocating saw method which is much more reliable, and faster.

Edited by NeM2k2

Hey, I just want to rant a bit about this Trophy.

I found out really late that the service was going down. I had no plans on playing this game for a while yet, but one day I suddenly had a feeling I should check, as I had for a while been afraid they were gonna end it all at some point. And thank goodness I did!! I saw the message scroll across the screen, closes at 1st December! Aah! I saw that at the beginning of October. The worst part... I was only on 193,325 strums... I had lost my progress when my game save got corrupted. So I almost panic. But, with the help of math, planning, long days, lots of determination (and my save progress safely in the cloud), have I arrived at 883,955, I am so close.

I have so far a total of 1,404 trophies, some has been hard and challenging, but none has been as painful and horrible as this one!! I can't wait to finish 'Pointdexter' and 'Strumillionaire'. I might not get my platinum on this game right away, as 'Ooooh, You Fancy' is standing in my way... oh well, I will get it at some point! I will stay strooong!! 

ahhhhrrrrgghhh if i haven't started this yet & start like right now, is it possible to even get this by Dec 1st? My game & guitar is still in the box, haven't even opened it yet, got it like over a year ago, stupid backlog lol 

What should I watch out for while starting this late so I don't mess up on this O_o

Edited by oOMementoMoriOo

2 hours ago, oOMementoMoriOo said:

ahhhhrrrrgghhh if i haven't started this yet & start like right now, is it possible to even get this by Dec 1st? My game & guitar is still in the box, haven't even opened it yet, got it like over a year ago, stupid backlog lol 

What should I watch out for while starting this late so I don't mess up on this O_o

If you're playing on PS4, watch out for the save corruption bug. If you start now you will still be able to complete the online parts, but I would suggest the mixer/reciprocating saw approach for Strumillionaire asap as that is the most time consuming. You will also need to optimize your Plays for Centurion - make sure you use up all your Plays before the daily reset so that you get 5 more.

• Like 1

GUYS.

I cannot stress this enough. It has been said before, I will go ahead and say it again.

BACKUP YOUR SAVE BOTH ON CLOUD AND USB.

Game crashes about 3-4 times a day for me. Save gets corrupted about every two days, too, and I am paranoid about uploading a corrupted save to the cloud without realising.

Fortunately, I will not let it beat me. If it keeps being an asshole, I'll copy every individual motherfucking save on individual motherfucking USB-s. Two saves, two USB-s, daily. I will not let it beat me.

440k. Was at 200 on Wednesday. Hoo-ah!

• Like 1

Right so I just finished all the other online trophies apart from strummilionaire. I'm at 200k - I tried strumming manually yesterday and today but its just not worth it. I'd have to non-stop strum for 3 hours/ day until the end of the month to finish it on time. When I first saw the videos with the mixer and saw methods I laughed and ddn't think I would ever do that but I give up haha, I'm just gonna use one of the methods for doing it quicker. Can anyone who did the mixer or saw method let me know which one I should do? Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Super-Drak said:

Right so I just finished all the other online trophies apart from strummilionaire. I'm at 200k - I tried strumming manually yesterday and today but its just not worth it. I'd have to non-stop strum for 3 hours/ day until the end of the month to finish it on time. When I first saw the videos with the mixer and saw methods I laughed and ddn't think I would ever do that but I give up haha, I'm just gonna use one of the methods for doing it quicker. Can anyone who did the mixer or saw method let me know which one I should do? Thanks!

Oh I know the feeling. I did a lot of my strums manually too. But I spend a whole weekend with the mixer. The only downside with that one is the nooooise. The one thing I can say about it all though is that duct tape is amazing (and your friend!). I duck taped my guitar to the floor and wall, and made sure the mixer sat comfortably on the guitar, and was also stuck to the wall. I highly recommend taking some duck tape on the strummer thingy itself, as it can get very damaged by the mixer. I remember lots of trial and error before I found the perfect place for the mixer and all, so keep that in mind.

I left my PS4, TV, guitar and mixer in an other room, to escape the noise and just let it work. But be sure to go and check on it from time to time, as you never know if your game has crashed or not. Always have your save file backuped in the cloud or in a memory stick.

When it comes to the saw method... I don't know, but if you have one, it should do the work just as well as a mixer.

• Like 1