Strumillionaire

Banana_Sausage47

On 11/10/2018 at 2:54 PM, Murasakyoru said:

Oh I know the feeling. I did a lot of my strums manually too. But I spend a whole weekend with the mixer. The only downside with that one is the nooooise. The one thing I can say about it all though is that duct tape is amazing (and your friend!). I duck taped my guitar to the floor and wall, and made sure the mixer sat comfortably on the guitar, and was also stuck to the wall. I highly recommend taking some duck tape on the strummer thingy itself, as it can get very damaged by the mixer. I remember lots of trial and error before I found the perfect place for the mixer and all, so keep that in mind.

I left my PS4, TV, guitar and mixer in an other room, to escape the noise and just let it work. But be sure to go and check on it from time to time, as you never know if your game has crashed or not. Always have your save file backuped in the cloud or in a memory stick.

When it comes to the saw method... I don't know, but if you have one, it should do the work just as well as a mixer.

Wait I thought we had to reset it each song or something? Haven't gotten around to getting the mixer set up yet. So strums count even when no song is playing? Or just letting to run nonstop on a channel is the way to go...? xD

On 11/11/2018 at 9:37 AM, Super-Drak said:

Can anyone who did the mixer or saw method let me know which one I should do? Thanks!

I tried the mixer first but found it too difficult to keep it in a stable position - I had to adjust it often. The saw was much more reliable, and faster too.

The noise from both methods is really annoying. I stayed in the same room to make sure the thing didn't catch on fire because I'm paranoid like that, so I played another console with headphones on.

13 hours ago, oOMementoMoriOo said:

Wait I thought we had to reset it each song or something? Haven't gotten around to getting the mixer set up yet. So strums count even when no song is playing? Or just letting to run nonstop on a channel is the way to go...? xD

Just leave it to run nonstop on a channel. The strums between songs won't count

Edited by NeM2k2

At least I'm not the only one.

I too am just about at the point where I just need the strums. But doing the math... I don't think its worth it.

I set up the mixer and it IS extremely loud and annoying. And I'm paranoid as well of a fire starting because of it.

I was using tape to hold it in place, but the thing is just too unstable. Never thought of standing it up though. Maybe I'll try that. Even with it going for an hour, I only managed about 25,000. Meaning I would need to leave this thing run for another 26-30 hours.

Why is this even a thing? Activision, I hate you. I just want this to go away.

3 hours ago, NeM2k2 said:

I tried the mixer first but found it too difficult to keep it in a stable position - I had to adjust it often. The saw was much more reliable, and faster too.

The noise from both methods is really annoying. I stayed in the same room to make sure the thing didn't catch on fire because I'm paranoid like that, so I played another console with headphones on.

Just leave it to run nonstop on a channel. The strums between songs won't count

Can you give an estimate on how long it took you to complete the trophy using this method? For example, an estimate on how many strums per hour you were getting?  Thanks!

12 minutes ago, stellar_gamer said:

Can you give an estimate on how long it took you to complete the trophy using this method? For example, an estimate on how many strums per hour you were getting?  Thanks!

With the saw on the lowest speed I was getting about 60,000 strums/hr as a low estimate.

God both the game and the Arduino are such unbelieveable assholes. (I'm using a little servo hooked up to an Arduino to sweep my strum bar, I'll post the set-up later)

If the game isn't crashing or corrupting the save and forcing me to go back 2-3-6 hours, it spends more time not in a song than in a song. I swear those outros with the score and stars and YOU ROCK and whatnot take longer than the actual song, not to mention the fucking advertising they do to their own fucking game inside their own fucking game every fifteen FUCKING minutes what the fuck. I think actual "song time", strummable time, is less than 30 minutes per hour.

The Arduino is perfectly fine but decides to suddenly stop working despite it not being stuck or anything. I have to give it a nudge to remind it it's still business hours. Up to 670k, but FUCK ME WITH A RUSTY SPADE.

Actually fuck it, let me do some sketchy math:

Out of an hour, half of the time is songs coming in, songs going out, YOU ROCK-ing, commercials;

Out of the half-hour, every single song feels the need to take the game away for 10 sec, some songs do this multiple times (you know, when the highway disappears completely);

If we're in song, not in a time-out, it will crash straight to the PS4 menu;

If it doesn't crash to the PS4 menu, it crashes to a Diorite, Kimberlite, whatthefuckilite error;

If it doesn't crash to Electric Bogaloolite error, it still crashes, this time corrupting the data;

If it doesn't crash w/ data corruption, my Servo stops working for SOME REASON God damn it I cannot wait to baseball bat it off the roof of my house when this is done;

If the Servo works, the Arduino suddenly loses power because the laptop powering the Arduino goes into sleep mode;

If the Arduino doesn't lose power to the laptop fucking off, something shifts in the entire contraption and the Servo's blade isn't hitting the strum bar.

Am I even strumming fifteen minutes to the hour?

Edited by Vladu24
Adding more salt

I purchased a mixer to try that method as well, but unfortunately as some people have mentioned, it's just too noisy for me, especially since I have neighbours a wall away!

I've just been slowly but surely persevering with getting it done manually, but it's taking forever! I was at about 250k once I'd done everything else on GHTV, currently sitting at 720k as of this morning.

My shoulder is killing me, but if I manage to play 1-2 hours a day of strumming as fast as I can while watching YouTube or something, I can manage at least 20-30k strums a day. 

And as everyone has mentioned, make sure every hour or so you back up your save! The save corruption has already happened to me once. I exit the game every hour or so and backup both on cloud and on a USB stick.

A huge pain in the arse, and I'm missing the likes of RDR2 for this shit, but I know that if I don't get this done before the end of November, I will regret not pulling it off.

Yeah, the issue is that the game is known to quite regularly crash right at the end of a song, exactly when it is trying to save your game. If it crashes mid-save, theres a good chance that when you load the game back up, it will have corrupted your save file and will force you to delete it and start over.

The major problem with that is that your GHTV stats are all saved locally - no stats are saved online at all.

I've read posts from poor people who've been at like 700k-800k strums and lost everything because of one stupid little game crash ?.

I cannot stress enough, if you are going for this trophy, especially with only about 3 weeks left, constant back up of saves is crucial!

Thanks for the tips guys

So I purchased a mixer and tried for like a whole afternoon to get it set up correctly (I was using a LOT of duct tape) but it just never stayed in place and i had to keep adjusting it but even when adjusting it, it was really not optimal. I ended up getting less than half of what I was getting manually. AND THE NOISE. Holy shit, I actually didn't think it was going to be this loud. This ended up being such a waste of time... I'm forgetting the mixer method. 

I'm at the point now where I'm seriously considering giving up on this. No trophy has ever done this to me but I fear I may finally have been conquered by a trophy... 

If there was more time, I may have done it manually for 30min/day or something. But right now to meet the deadline, I'd have to strum as fast as I can for 3 hours a day until the end of the month. It may be time to call it... 

When it comes to the mixer method, there is a challenge getting things to sit just right. I didn't get it right the first time around either. But I experimented with different ways of taping them, so I used a looot, just a looooot, of duck tape. Once I found the golden placement did I use one whole day with the mixer on, and then I mean the whole day, from early in the morning to late evening. And in that one day I went from 750,994 to 903,478. (yes, I kept a written diary of my progress)

I will say it was worth it, even if the noise was insane. I was lucky enough to be able to close the door on it, and have a headset on, listening to music or watch a movie, but having that constant droning in the background was maddening.

I wish anyone still working towards this trophy good luck, and if anyone wants a more detailed explanation on how I taped my mixer just ask and I will do my best to explain.

Stay strong my fellow trophy hunters!

I'm on 930k now, doing it manually, lol.  Multi tasking by using my treadmill (for the excercise!), strumming, and watching Youtube/Twitch on my iPad (with headphones to block out the annoying strum bar noise) at the same time.  Getting about 25k an hour, and just doing an hour or two a day, so hoping to be done this weekend :)

1 hour ago, t1redmonkey said:

doing it manually, lol

I tried manually after giving up on the mixer - my arm got too tired quickly. Maybe I'm just getting old? So I bought a cheap saw. I had the Xbox 360 & One versions to do also so it was worth the investment. 3 million strums... ?

Edited by NeM2k2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NeM2k2 said:

I tried manually after giving up on the mixer - my arm got too tired quickly. Maybe I'm just getting old1f602.png So I bought a cheap saw. I had the Xbox 360 & One versions to do also so it was worth the investment. 3 million strums... 1f629.png

3 million strums! ? 

Anyways I am constantly being bombed with the Jasper error today, this is getting redonkulous...

"Jasper

Error type: Audio track didn't download in time.

according to https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Guitar-Hero-Live-Error-Messages/ 

geez! didn't have this problem until today, so weird

Now I'm getting the Flint error geez

https://support.activision.com/onlineservices?gameTitle=Guitar_Hero_Live is totally unhelpful

Edited by oOMementoMoriOo

8 minutes ago, Andify28 said:

I'm at 803329 strums in that moment. That is the most painful trophy I've seen in all the games I've played, can't wait to see it popping up.

3 hours ago, seblegamer said:

I'm at 650k, all done manually ><

I play a little everyday, what i do is playing my 5 daily tokens on "Cry of achille".. long song so less loading and more strumming time ^^

Good luck everyone, only 15 days left to finish it =/

This is exciting! Will you make it before the deadline?!?

10 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

This is exciting! Will you make it before the deadline?!?

I'm doing like 19000 strums each day with the Cry of Achilles song, because like the post before mine said, it's a long song. When I see that I'm running out of time, I try to do 45000 strums in one day, so if I'm not mistaken, in seven days (more or less) I will end it. I'm so excited about it.

Edited by Andify28
  • Like 1

So, I tried the method with the mixer. But due to vibrations or something, the controller turns off, and with the mixer i have, i cannot get it into a position where it would not turn of the controller. How long would it take to do 800 000 strums manually if i just disregarded everything else? would i make it in time?