The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I used to be a WWE fan but it's gotten really bad over the years....it's no longer the same....plus I can't stand Cena.... xD

Undertaker fan all the way though.... :awesome:

Well, I am a huge fan of John Cena, lol, and I really love the WWE this days, i know, some people hate the PG Era, because they only wanna see blood more blood and more blood. I don't need to see blood to see a good show. But WWE was more hardcore in the rock, stone cold, eddie guerrero times..

Ah, televised and dramatised wrestling will always be something I harness a strong sense of nostalgia for. I was a huge fan during the attitude era, between 1997 and 2002 to be exact. I was roughly nine or ten years-old when I started watching and I thought it was fucking awesome. Bought the games, belts and figures and would always stay up late to watch the main events; I'd even go as far to beat the shit out of my cousin in the garden and make him tap out just for a fake Intercontinental belt. Furthermore, I had great memories of playing the wrestling games in two-player and having a rivalry with my aforementioned cousin and my friends with our own created belts and such.

However, the quality and sense of excitement really diminished after it changed to WWE and split its brands, and I found myself only watching it sparingly. Over time I was merely watching it for five minutes every year or so to see how bad, good or better it had gotten. For me, the characters just aren't there anymore, the adrenaline and passion are almost non-existent. I'll always have a soft spot for WWE/F, no question of that, but I just wish that they could recapture or re-ignite that old atmosphere of anything can happen; it's become woefully predictable. I still check in occasionally to see if it's on, especially around Wrestlemania time, but I personally think that the industry needs a shot of adrenaline and to go back to basics.

Well, I still love WWE this days, now matter what people say.

Ok it was much more hardcore on WWF, but come on WWE has improved in other stuff, and street fights, no holds barred, no dq matches are still going, and they are cool, but not that hardcore like before.

Yeah hahah I used to beat the sh** out of my cousin too LOL i did some submission matches and street fights ( you know, using everything we had ) LOOOL sometimes, that little bastard really hit me hard haha. Great times, lol lot of coicidence, I did matches with my cousin too

• Like 1

Well, I am a huge fan of John Cena, lol, and I really love the WWE this days, i know, some people hate the PG Era, because they only wanna see blood more blood and more blood. I don't need to see blood to see a good show. But WWE was more hardcore in the rock, stone cold, eddie guerrero times..

Well, I still love WWE this days, now matter what people say.

Ok it was much more hardcore on WWF, but come on WWE has improved in other stuff, and street fights, no holds barred, no dq matches are still going, and they are cool, but not that hardcore like before.

Yeah hahah I used to beat the sh** out of my cousin too LOL i did some submission matches and street fights ( you know, using everything we had ) LOOOL sometimes, that little bastard really hit me hard haha. Great times, lol lot of coicidence, I did matches with my cousin too

We should have a no-holds barred tag-team match: me and you against our cousins! Beer and snacks afterwards. :D

• Like 1

Yeah....more than anything I dislike the current set of superstars....even people like Batista are gone....all the people I liked no longer wrestle.... :(

• Like 1

Been a WWE fan since 2000 and bought every game in the "Smackdown" series since the second game on the PS1. However I am becoming increasingly disillusioned with the product recently, it's definitely nowhere near the standard it once was. I don't know if it's because I'm older now or if it's because I've been watching it for so long, but it just seems so predictable. There have been very few "wow" moments recently. The only descent wrestlers there are guys like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler & Chris Jericho, and Santino Marella is fun to watch. Why The Great Khali is still employed there while better wrestlers were let go is beyond me (he's probably a decent guy, he just can't wrestle). I've even considered stopping watching it, even though I have watched it religiously since 2000 :unsure:

• Like 1

The 1000th episode has been amazing so far!! All that's left is the title match with Cena/Punk. Hope the MiTB streak ends but it's a VERY rare occasion that they don't strap Super-Cena in a big deal event like this.

Edit: If that results in a heel punk then the best payoff possible just happened with that match!!

Edited by skidmarkgn

I like the Punk heel turn, he's gotten stale lately now that he hasn't dropped a pipebomb in months. I can't believe that Austin wasn't there. When Slater was out I was at the edge of my seat literally just waiting to mark out to glass shatters. So disappointed he wasn't there. Also, going to love the upcoming Jericho/Ziggler feud. Hopefully Ziggler's career takes off after Y2J puts him over.

I just gotta say that any discussion on recent shows (especially one from just last night) should really be put in spoiler tags. Raw airs live in the UK from 1am (used to be 2am but it's now gone to 3 hours long) and therefore some folks will more than likely not be watching it live and instead be recording it and watching it later. If they had decided to check this thread before seeing the show then some of it would have been spoiled for them.

The 1000th episode has been amazing so far!! All that's left is the title match with Cena/Punk. Hope the MiTB streak ends but it's a VERY rare occasion that they don't strap Super-Cena in a big deal event like this.

Edit: If that results in a heel punk then the best payoff possible just happened with that match!!

Yeah dude Raw 1000th WAS AWESOME! I didn't excpect the Miz as Intercontinental Champion ( poor Christian ) come on that clown SANTINO still have that US championshi ?! Really? Really? ... Really?

Lol I prefer Punk face than heel.. but let's see what is going happen.

Lol Cena doesn't need MITB, I am big fan of him, and he is the star of WWE, so it was unfare for the other guys in MITB.. my favorite guy is Cena ( lol haters come on ) but I wanted Jericho to win it.

I was damn happy for Ziggler, he's so good at the ring. :D

Damn! One of the best Raws i've seen, I loved.

The Rock, Brock Lesnar, DX and all those legends in one night! But why the hell Stone Cold didn't show up? Damn!

I also liked when The Miz won that championship. I feel sorry for Christian, that clown santino should loose that US championship.

And AJ as manager haha very good. What a bad night for D-Bryan.

And damn! Cena didn't won the championship, I am big fan of Cena ( lol haters gonna hate ), he is the star of WWE so it was unfare for the other guys at the Money In The Bank, I wanted Jericho to win that MITB match.

And I didn't expected that GTS on The Rock, damn I don't want CM Punk to turn heel...

And my favorite part was that fight between Brock and triple H! What a night!

I am waiting for Raw 2000th :D

Edited by fresquinho

Yeah dude Raw 1000th WAS AWESOME! I didn't excpect the Miz as Intercontinental Champion ( poor Christian ) come on that clown SANTINO still have that US championshi ?! Really? Really? ... Really?

Lol I prefer Punk face than heel.. but let's see what is going happen.

Lol Cena doesn't need MITB, I am big fan of him, and he is the star of WWE, so it was unfare for the other guys in MITB.. my favorite guy is Cena ( lol haters come on ) but I wanted Jericho to win it.

I was damn happy for Ziggler, he's so good at the ring. :D

Thing about heel Punk is he really won't change much... if at all. Punk fans are gonna be Punk fans regardless of which side of the fence he's on and that's a big part of why they turned him (along with having almost no top heels right now), at least, that's what I've heard.

Cena/Rock had a year-long build that had a pretty decent payoff match and it really doesn't need to be done again. Punk/Rock should be amazing and it'll actually be fresh and new.

Punk has had a chip on his shoulder lately backstage over being put ahead of Cena's matches on the last bazillion PPV's even though he's in the midst of a lengthy title run and I hear that's what they're going to use as the basis for the Punk/Rock feud. MiTB especially pissed him (and a lot of fans) off. Punk/Bryan/AJ was easily the biggest storyline of the summer and a match involving all three should have headlined the card... instead, they did the RAW MiTB match with Cena going over... again. I'm not a Cena hater by any means but every card since and including Mania has been headlined by Cena versus the flavor of the month and it needs to change. There's no way Cena versus Kane/Show/and ESPECIALLY Laurinitius should have been placed last over the work Punk and Bryan have been doing. Brock and Rock I can understand but not the others.

Thing about heel Punk is he really won't change much... if at all. Punk fans are gonna be Punk fans regardless of which side of the fence he's on and that's a big part of why they turned him (along with having almost no top heels right now), at least, that's what I've heard.

Cena/Rock had a year-long build that had a pretty decent payoff match and it really doesn't need to be done again. Punk/Rock should be amazing and it'll actually be fresh and new.

Punk has had a chip on his shoulder lately backstage over being put ahead of Cena's matches on the last bazillion PPV's even though he's in the midst of a lengthy title run and I hear that's what they're going to use as the basis for the Punk/Rock feud. MiTB especially pissed him (and a lot of fans) off. Punk/Bryan/AJ was easily the biggest storyline of the summer and a match involving all three should have headlined the card... instead, they did the RAW MiTB match with Cena going over... again. I'm not a Cena hater by any means but every card since and including Mania has been headlined by Cena versus the flavor of the month and it needs to change. There's no way Cena versus Kane/Show/and ESPECIALLY Laurinitius should have been placed last over the work Punk and Bryan have been doing. Brock and Rock I can understand but not the others.

Yeah man AJ CM Punk and Bryan ( and Kane ) was a very good storyine, I really loved. Finally WWE did something good with a Diva, and AJ is on the top now :D It's a bit unfare for the other Divas.

Yeah your right , Cena Vs. Laurinaitis in the main event of Over The Limit? That was stupid. But Cena vs. Big Show on steel cage in the main event of NO WAY OUT, was damn good. The MITB main event should be that match for the WWE Championship, that was damn good!

Yeah Punk turning heel is won't change much, but I am used to see him as a good dude, face.

I can't wait for that awesome match between Brock and Triple H, I hope they made a street fight between them.

Yeah Cena Vs. Rock again no, but I don't know if Punk vs. Rock is good.. I wanted Rock to fight a better guy , ( I'm not saying Punk is bad, he is really good ) but Rock vs. Show, Rock Vs. Triple H Rock Vs. Jericho ... ROCK VS. JERICHO!!! I would love to see that.

Yeah man AJ CM Punk and Bryan ( and Kane ) was a very good storyine, I really loved. Finally WWE did something good with a Diva, and AJ is on the top now :D It's a bit unfare for the other Divas.

Yeah your right , Cena Vs. Laurinaitis in the main event of Over The Limit? That was stupid. But Cena vs. Big Show on steel cage in the main event of NO WAY OUT, was damn good. The MITB main event should be that match for the WWE Championship, that was damn good!

Yeah Punk turning heel is won't change much, but I am used to see him as a good dude, face.

I can't wait for that awesome match between Brock and Triple H, I hope they made a street fight between them.

Yeah Cena Vs. Rock again no, but I don't know if Punk vs. Rock is good.. I wanted Rock to fight a better guy , ( I'm not saying Punk is bad, he is really good ) but Rock vs. Show, Rock Vs. Triple H Rock Vs. Jericho ... ROCK VS. JERICHO!!! I would love to see that.

Thing is, all of those have already been done. Jericho's WWE(F) debut was a verbal sparring match with Rock and they'ev tangled on several occasions in the past. Rock/Punk is actually new and could go anywhere. I foresee Punk pulling the curtain a bit like he did with his "shoot heard 'round the world" and bringing the emotion from his behind the scenes beef with Rock to deliver some amazing promo's on King Dwayne. Punk is also so capable in the ring that he can carry Rock while they're actually wrestling, resulting in the matches having a completely different flavor than Cena/Rock (lets face it, both Cena and Rock are mediocre at best when it comes to actual Wrestling ability). I personally can't think of a better feud for Rock.