The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

So, it's official. TMZ breaking the news that Sting is now officially retiring due to his neck injury. I called this as soon as we heard that he had the same injury as Edge. He had a great, Hall of Fame worthy, career. It's never fun to see someone retire before they want to, but it's a smart move. He won't have to live out the rest of his life without a wheelchair.

• Like 1

So, it's official. TMZ breaking the news that Sting is now officially retiring due to his neck injury. I called this as soon as we heard that he had the same injury as Edge. He had a great, Hall of Fame worthy, career. It's never fun to see someone retire before they want to, but it's a smart move. He won't have to live out the rest of his life without a wheelchair.

After his match with Seth Rollins (The one where he fell over after ducking a clothesline) and induction into the hall of fame I assumed it was already confirmed :P Also can you be induced into the hall of fame if you are still an active wrestler? 

Well, I meant it was the first time I saw them, so it's not like I don't cheer them, simply I don't know them :D

But impressed me the way crowd were behind Enzo & Cass

I just read your first post again and I misunderstood what you were saying thought you meant they crowd shouldn't be behind them my bad many apologies 

man i was so bummed about this but he had to do what it had to be done along with other superstars that had neck injuries Daniel, Steve, Edge, man those neck injuries are fatal loosing to many Favorites Super Stars that way :( 

A bit of the Wrestlemania 32 card so far is a bit underwhelming imo, The Uso's vs The Dudley Boyz have their own match as well as Kalisto vs Ryback for the US Championship. Surely they could've chosen someone better than Ryback for Kalisto to have a decent match with

Hey, is Christian also inducted into the Hall of Fame? or did he just retire?

Christian isn't in the HoF, but definitely will be down the line. Also, he has never officially confirmed that he has retired himself, but WWE are treating him as if he has. In all honesty, I would love to see him have one final match with Edge in his corner.

The whole event is a bit undewhelming. Kalisto v Ryback and Usos v Dudley Boyz could easily be on RAW.  It would be better if they had like a fatal way tag match with New day and league of nations as well instead of seperate matches. The Us title match would be better as a multi man ladder match given the high flying champion.

Brock v Ambrose could steal the show being a street fight. Could bring back some attitude.  

Also, he has never officially confirmed that he has retired himself, but WWE are treating him as if he has. In all honesty, I would love to see him have one final match with Edge in his corner.

He said it on Stone Cold's podcast. Also I wouldn't want him to have another match for the same reason I don't want Daniel Bryan to have another match. Both of those men have had so many concussions and injuries that they should never have another match again.

He said it on Stone Cold's podcast. Also I wouldn't want him to have another match for the same reason I don't want Daniel Bryan to have another match. Both of those men have had so many concussions and injuries that they should never have another match again.

Of course it would be stated on the podcast that I don't tune in for :( that's definitely interesting. Was accumulating concussions the reason that held Christian from competing again? Besides concussions and his lingering injuries across his career, that's why I personally would've liked to see one final match for him, focusing more on technicality than anything else to limit the chance of injury, but that's obviously not going to happen :P I just have an incomplete feeling of him not having an "official" last match

man i was so bummed about this but he had to do what it had to be done along with other superstars that had neck injuries Daniel, Steve, Edge, man those neck injuries are fatal loosing to many Favorites Super Stars that way :(

Dangerous business, I suppose. It does suck for the people who still had so much more in them like Stone Cold.

• Like 1

You know something brother, as long as you take your vitamins and say your prayers...you can bash gays, blacks and bang your best friend's wife and win 115 million dollars :pimp:

http://pwinsider.com/article/100634/the-jury-is-in-hogan-verdict-is.html?p=1

Also with this verdict coming a few weeks before Wrestlemania...do you think we will get a Hogan return :D

Edited by Dr_Mayus

You know something brother, as long as you take your vitamins and say your prayers...you can bash gays, blacks and bang your best friend's wife and win 115 million dollars :pimp:

http://pwinsider.com/article/100634/the-jury-is-in-hogan-verdict-is.html?p=1

Also with this verdict coming a few weeks before Wrestlemania...do you think we will get a Hogan return :D

He should hogan did nothing wrong i'm glad he won. Also that is one of the worst mania cards i've seen. Edited by ShadowStrike002

US title should be the multi-man match and IC Zayn vs Owens should be on the card!

Agreed. This year's card needs Zayn vs KO, but I have a feeling it'll happen the way WWE is working the angle between them. Zayn popping onto the main card out of nowhere feuding with KO right before WM is no coincidence :D

Hogan to screw Reigns confirmed

Edited by SkyesUnholy

Someone should've told Gawker that Hogan jobs to no one, brother. I don't like him, but I'm glad he won. Fuck Gawker, fuck their hypocritical stance on leaking celeb pics, and fuck their invasion of privacy. At the same time, I would be perfectly fine with Hogan never appearing on WWE TV again. I have never been a Hogan fan. He's an egotistical asshole, and a racist.

• Like 4

We're 2 weeks away from Wrestlemania and NXT: Takeover: Dallas and I'm freaking AMPED. With that said, as of the match card right now these are my winning predictions.

NXT TAKEOVER: DALLAS

Austin Aries v. Baron Corbin

- Without discrediting Aries' obvious in ring ability we've witnessed from his time in the Impact Zone and Ring of Honor, this victory should be given to Corbin. If Corbin continues to lose to the smaller guys the fans are no longer going to take him seriously as the "Alpha  of NXT". Baron needs to be the End of Days for his opponents like when he would dominant in the early scene. WINNER: BARON CORBIN

American Alpha v The Revival for the NXT Tag Team Championship

- This will be one hell of a pure wrestling match that is a must watch. Unfortunately for Enzo & Cass, they've always came up short but are still over with the crowd (how many years now, holy shit). American Alpha have worked their way and proven they have the charisma and wrestling ability to be NXT Tag Team Champs. Of course they would continue to feud with The Revival for the months to come. WINNER: American Alpha

Apollo Crews v. Elias Samson

- This match seems forced (I haven't VIEWED any footage of a rivalry between the two). Apollo Crews went from having NXT Championship matches with Finn Balor and a feud with Baron Corbin to facing a man known as the Drifter, whom of which debuted twice as the same guy wearing different gear. WINNER: APOLLO CREWS

Sami Zayn v. Shinsuke Nakamura

- Not much to say about this match except watch. WINNER: UNDECIDED

Bayley v. Asuka for the NXT Women's Championship

- As much as I would love Bayley to retain her NXT Women's Championship, her time as champion may soon come to an end. My winner is conflicted so my answer is... WINNER: UNDECIDED

Finn Balor v. Samoa Joe for the NXT Championship

- Watch the damn match. WINNER: FINN BALOR

and for Sting to comeback, I can only wish of that happening.

You and me both. But Sting has to retire, or it's no more walking for him  :(. That's what happens when you turnbuckle powerbomb a 56 year old wrestler twice in the same match. The fuck were they thinking?

NXT TakeOver: Dallas is going to be amazing. If things go the way I think they will, we may get Enzo & Cass, Bayley, and Finn Balor to debut on Raw after Wrestlemania.

I see Asuka beating Bayley for the championship. I don't know if Bayley will be called up immediately, or months later (while she gets a rematch or 2 for the championship). But I see her being called up sometime soon, to challenge Sasha for her championship (which she is winning BTW).

I think Finn's time as NXT champion is coming up. They now have Nakamura, Joe, Corbin, and Crews who all are legit championship contenders. I see Balor (and his Balor Club buddies Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson) to debut on Raw. Leaving Joe as NXT champion, and giving NXT some new matchup for the title.

As for Enzo and Cass, this is the most obvious call up. New Day is doing nothing important with the League of Jobbers (poor Rusev). Enzo and Cass aren't on the Dallas card. They were on the Network special Roadblock, likely as a test to see just how over they'd be with the main roster audience. Enzo and Cass are taking the titles from New Day at Summerslam.

We're 2 weeks away from Wrestlemania and NXT: Takeover: Dallas and I'm freaking AMPED. With that said, as of the match card right now these are my winning predictions.

NXT TAKEOVER: DALLAS

Austin Aries v. Baron Corbin

- Without discrediting Aries' obvious in ring ability we've witnessed from his time in the Impact Zone and Ring of Honor, this victory should be given to Corbin. If Corbin continues to lose to the smaller guys the fans are no longer going to take him seriously as the "Alpha  of NXT". Baron needs to be the End of Days for his opponents like when he would dominant in the early scene. WINNER: BARON CORBIN

American Alpha v The Revival for the NXT Tag Team Championship

- This will be one hell of a pure wrestling match that is a must watch. Unfortunately for Enzo & Cass, they've always came up short but are still over with the crowd (how many years now, holy shit). American Alpha have worked their way and proven they have the charisma and wrestling ability to be NXT Tag Team Champs. Of course they would continue to feud with The Revival for the months to come. WINNER: American Alpha

Apollo Crews v. Elias Samson

- This match seems forced (I haven't VIEWED any footage of a rivalry between the two). Apollo Crews went from having NXT Championship matches with Finn Balor and a feud with Baron Corbin to facing a man known as the Drifter, whom of which debuted twice as the same guy wearing different gear. WINNER: APOLLO CREWS

Sami Zayn v. Shinsuke Nakamura

- Not much to say about this match except watch. WINNER: UNDECIDED

Bayley v. Asuka for the NXT Women's Championship

- As much as I would love Bayley to retain her NXT Women's Championship, her time as champion may soon come to an end. My winner is conflicted so my answer is... WINNER: UNDECIDED

Finn Balor v. Samoa Joe for the NXT Championship

- Watch the damn match. WINNER: FINN BALOR

I don't think you can beat a guy in his debut match. Corbin beat Crews at the last Takeover, I think he can survive a loss here. Aries' first appearance ended with Corbin laying him out, he needs to respond in kind. Also, Zayn's staying on the main roster, so I'm sure he'll be putting Shinsuke over here.

You and me both. But Sting has to retire, or it's no more walking for him  :(. That's what happens when you turnbuckle powerbomb a 56 year old wrestler twice in the same match. The fuck were they thinking?

The buckle bomb hadn't hurt anyone before iirc, and Sting didn't seem interested in half-assing anything. I'm not sure he knew how bad off he was. He's since been diagnosed with cervical spinal stenosis (which ended Edge & Austin's careers), had it not been a buckle bomb, it would've been something else.

NXT TakeOver: Dallas is going to be amazing. If things go the way I think they will, we may get Enzo & Cass, Bayley, and Finn Balor to debut on Raw after Wrestlemania.

I see Asuka beating Bayley for the championship. I don't know if Bayley will be called up immediately, or months later (while she gets a rematch or 2 for the championship). But I see her being called up sometime soon, to challenge Sasha for her championship (which she is winning BTW).

I think Finn's time as NXT champion is coming up. They now have Nakamura, Joe, Corbin, and Crews who all are legit championship contenders. I see Balor (and his Balor Club buddies Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson) to debut on Raw. Leaving Joe as NXT champion, and giving NXT some new matchup for the title.

As for Enzo and Cass, this is the most obvious call up. New Day is doing nothing important with the League of Jobbers (poor Rusev). Enzo and Cass aren't on the Dallas card. They were on the Network special Roadblock, likely as a test to see just how over they'd be with the main roster audience. Enzo and Cass are taking the titles from New Day at Summerslam.

I think you're pretty much spot on there, and I'm REALLY hoping to see Balor Club at the post-Mania Raw. It's either that, or they interfere at Takeover and dominate NXT for the next few months.

NXT can handle losing Balor, Enzo & Cass, but I worry about their womens division post-Bayley. Asuka, Emma, and maybe Dana Brooke are the only above-average wrestlers left. Nia & Eva are green, and Purazzo/Morgan/Royce/etc. aren't main event level talent. When Bayley's called up, that division will take a massive hit.

I don't get one thing. Are The New Day babyface now? People cheer them and when Big E says BECAUSE NEW DAY ROCKS, the crowd says rocks instead of sucks.

Yeah, that beatdown was supposed to cement them as babyfaces. I would've kept them as heels and brought up Enzo & Cass at Fastlane, but they wanted them facing LON, so they turned 'em.

Would love to see the Balor Club debut after Mania. Or maybe during the Shane/Taker match and that's how Shane ends up winning since it looks like they are trying to make Taker the heel, and have been trying to make him the heel since the end of his Brock feud.