The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

All fair points BUT the one glaring detail that is missing is the fact that we had excellent wrestling matches!! I agree entirely with most of what you say, Shane should have won, AJ should have won. Reigns has the charisma of a salad bowl and needs to be got rid of. The matches themselves were good though. We haven't seen women's wrestling like that for years it is usually hair pulling and slaps. AJ and Jericho put on a clinic of great technical wrestling. Shane jumping from the cell are the sort of high impact exciting moments it needs as opposed to all this PG stuff.

The matches were fine but they're short term answers to long term problems.  With the exception of the women's division the company is a mess.  And they did it to themselves by protecting established stars at the expense of the future.  No one is allowed to build any credibility anymore, they get brought up and and are either immediately, or eventually sacrificed to guys who don't need it.  Wrestlemania was a perfect example of the WWE's lack of planning.  They relied on cheap pops and past their prime AE stars to carry them through one event.  Now what?  Their only chance is to start tonight by undoing all the damage they can.  Shane and Taker needs to continue and actually be paid off.  Roman doesn't need to go away but something needs to change, maybe Vince will realize there's only enough room for one John Cena for the crowd to hate and turn Reigns heel.  I have no idea what they do with KO, Sami and AJ now but I'm sure they'll come up with some stop-gap, illogical conclusion that buries all 3 of them and throws on the pile of guys that could have been stars.

Honestly, if they don't find a way out of this mess tonight, I'm out.  NXT is on Hulu and I get the El rey channel for Lucha Underground.  There's no reason to support a company that ignores every fan above the age of 10.

Edited by skidmarkgn

I know very little about wrestling but was forced to watch Wrestlemania 32.

My review:

tumblr_mqwneh3uXE1qfqcmfo1_1280.gif

General thoughts I had:

I don't know who these guys in the cereal box are but they are Super Saiyans so I like them.

Unicorn Super Saiyans.

The Saiyans lost. :(

But now Sean Michaels, Stonecold, and Mick Foley are going to avenge Dragonball Z?

This could make a good fanfiction.

But like a yaoi fanfiction.

Who are these random fucks on a ladder?  I only know Dolph.

I like the random fuck who coordinated his fucking outfit with his random ladder.

And of course the most random fuck of the random fucks win.

Why was the old Women's Belt a Tramp Stamp? 

Can Snoop Dogg win? 

I dislike Charlotte.

Fuck, Charlotte won.

I think I'm a Sasha fan now.

Why are they using an oily guy in jeans to fight Brock?

Brock looks like he has a penis on his chest.

Is that Mick Foley's bat?

Is.... is he making out with the bat?

I don't want this fanfiction.

Why is Vince's son so ugly?

Why is Vince's son fighting the Undertaker?

Why is the Undertaker being billed on such a shit match?  Is it because Sting retired?

I just want to see the Undertaker turn Shane over his knee and spank him for daddy.

Shit, Shane had sex.  Like at least 3 times.

Shit, Shane isn't so bad.

SPANISH ANNOUNCER TABLE.

Shit, Shane think he's Batman.

Splat.

The Rock has a flame thrower?

We're back in yaoi territory now.

Enter the Wyatts.

I don't know who these fucks are but I kinda hate them more than the Rock's flame thrower.

John Cena is not seen.

Full yaoi territory.

Andre the Giant is dead. :(

Why is HHH's wife a dominatrix?

WHERE IS HHH'S HAIR?

DID HIS WIFE STEAL IT?

SERIOUSLY.

-Fin-

I didn't get to watch Wrestlemania..

But this review made no sense and I loved it. lol

YES I AGREE, WHERE IS HHH'S HAIR?!

DAT BITCH MUST BE BEHIND THIS!

• Like 1

i feel that zack ryder just won the intercontinental championship because of the snickers commercial xD

Zack Ryder won the Intercontinental Champion, for the first time. He is the biggest loser of all Wrestling Entertainment. He won't keep that title for that long, believe me for sure, lol :D  xD

You honestly can't see why people are upset about last night's booking? If so than please explain to me the point of the entire Shane/Undertaker build. Shane lost, so as of right now The Authority still runs the show. Taker won so his "last Wrestlemania" stipulation was for nothing. They barely even mentioned it during the match. Seems like a potential last match for a legend like Taker would be worth talking about to me. There was absolutely NO payoff to that entire storyline.

Moving on. Last I heard, Jericho's contract only went to Wrestlemania, so as of right now, he's gone. You know who isn't? AJ Styles. But, they put Jericho over and now have to find a way to restart on someone who's debut blew the roof off the place because he went under to a part timer. That sound logical to you?

Next up. The IC title. KO and Sami Zayn have a huge history together and only produce magic when they work a program. So what's the most logical choice for an IC title program? Well giving it to Zack Ryder of course. You know, the guy that 1% of the fanbase cared about 5 years ago. Sounds legit to me.

Oh yeah, Reigns got to end another PPV standing tall to a chorus of boo's too. Whoopie.

I'm the 1st to call people out for "whining" but last night was a glaring example of WWE (more specifically Vince) being completely disconnected from his audience.

What you said about Y2J make me very sad, they pushed very hard the feud, making that "AJ Style" from Jericho last days very annoying to hear, to the point that nobody was interested in the feud itself. People just wanted Styles to win. Now Y2J leaving make it even worse, I thought as Dr thought, a last match hardcore, like a last man standing. Wrestlemania usually has big surprises, concludes feuds, elevates fan favorites, but last night it was like when they killed Taker's streak, but worse because it was that feeling basically the whole show.

I don't feel as bad as you guys, because ftom the new guys I don't have many favorites, probably because wwe is preventing me to do it due their dumb decisions. But I'm with you about how dissapointing last night was.

Oh, I almost forget, unexpected results are not something new in PPV, last night was especially bad because there was no match to make people recover from that, last Wrestlemania even when everyone expected Lesnar to win, it was not atrocious Rollins cash-in.

But from last night there's no match you can say did that, you just have to live with the "good performance in the women championship" as highlight.

Edited by GoldenShaka

You honestly can't see why people are upset about last night's booking?  If so than please explain to me the point of the entire Shane/Undertaker build.  Shane lost, so as of right now The Authority still runs the show.  Taker won so his "last Wrestlemania" stipulation was for nothing.  They barely even mentioned it during the match.  Seems like a potential last match for a legend like Taker would be worth talking about to me.  There was absolutely NO payoff to that entire storyline.

Moving on.  Last I heard, Jericho's contract only went to Wrestlemania, so as of right now, he's gone.  You know who isn't?  AJ Styles.  But, they put Jericho over and now have to find a way to restart on someone who's debut blew the roof off the place because he went under to a part timer.  That sound logical to you?

Next up.  The IC title.  KO and Sami Zayn have a huge history together and only produce magic when they work a program.  So what's the most logical choice for an IC title program?  Well giving it to Zack Ryder of course.  You know, the guy that 1% of the fanbase cared about 5 years ago.  Sounds legit to me.

Oh yeah, Reigns got to end another PPV standing tall to a chorus of boo's too.  Whoopie.

I'm the 1st to call people out for "whining" but last night was a glaring example of WWE (more specifically Vince) being completely disconnected from his audience.

Shane is awesome and all but he is no match for The Undertaker at WrestleMania, just like Brock wasn't 2 years ago and I'm glad they went with this call, I hope we see more of Shane. Don't get me wrong, I cheered for Shane. Taker should've retired years back.

How many times has Styles defeated Jericho? I don't even know but we're talking about one of the greats in WWE history, losing in WWE doesn't always mean he is finished. Jericho needed to win, I can't recall the last time I saw Jericho winning something meaningful. I like AJ Styles, I watched him compete in TNA for years and it truly deserved this win however he has defeated Jericho several times now even by submission, the guy isn't going to fail because of this and Jericho's draw power was starting to fail.

While I like Zayn and Owens and yeah, that could have been a very cool moment with one of them winning, I'm happy they finally gave it to Ryder, it was like some sort of redemption. He deserved it. I'm pretty sure his reign will not be very long, Owens might defeat him even tonight and continue his feud with Zayn, they won't be out of the title picture. They gave Ryder his moment. I had the feeling I had when the ECW Originals had a horrible match at WM 23, but that was their moment. 

I can't argue with Roman, I don't understand how Vince keeps pushing him. Anyway, we expected this.

I'm... not going to watch RAW tonight. And this isn't one of those things like saying you aren't going to watch anymore and end up watching anyways. No I think I've had enough of WWE. I can't watch this garbage anymore and pretend like I'm enjoying it. Because I've been doing that for way too long now. I'd rather spend the 3 hours on Monday nights playing video games and listening to my CDs instead, something I legit enjoy.

CM Punk was right.

Zack Ryder won the Intercontinental Champion, for the first time. He is the biggest loser of all Wrestling Entertainment. He won't keep that title for that long, believe me for sure, lol :D  xD

You don't know shit.

I liked WrestleMania, but I didn't have any expectations and didn't really care about the outcomes. But I have to admit that Ryder winning the title was mark out moment of the year for me. Maybe that says how I feel WWE nowadays... but I do actually like ZR and I'm glad if he doesn't team up with Mojo Rawley on NXT anymore.

One negative thing was the fact that the show was way too long. Almost 5 hours is just too much.

Shane is awesome and all but he is no match for The Undertaker at WrestleMania, just like Brock wasn't 2 years ago and I'm glad they went with this call, I hope we see more of Shane. Don't get me wrong, I cheered for Shane. Taker should've retired years back.

How many times has Styles defeated Jericho? I don't even know but we're talking about one of the greats in WWE history, losing in WWE doesn't always mean he is finished. Jericho needed to win, I can't recall the last time I saw Jericho winning something meaningful. I like AJ Styles, I watched him compete in TNA for years and it truly deserved this win however he has defeated Jericho several times now even by submission, the guy isn't going to fail because of this and Jericho's draw power was starting to fail.

While I like Zayn and Owens and yeah, that could have been a very cool moment with one of them winning, I'm happy they finally gave it to Ryder, it was like some sort of redemption. He deserved it. I'm pretty sure his reign will not be very long, Owens might defeat him even tonight and continue his feud with Zayn, they won't be out of the title picture. They gave Ryder his moment. I had the feeling I had when the ECW Originals had a horrible match at WM 23, but that was their moment. 

I can't argue with Roman, I don't understand how Vince keeps pushing him. Anyway, we expected this.

You're correct, Shane is no match for Taker but they still should have found a way to put him over.  It would have been simplicity itself to do so as well.  If Shane is going to be the new boss with a victory then *insert name of young star(s) here* could have interfered and cost Taker the match, thus, making said up-and-comer "Shane's guy".  Shane spoke about how the product was going downhill and he wanted the guys with the most talent to get the breaks, that could have been the start of someone's break.  Taker's loss isn't that bad because he was outnumbered, a new star(s) gets established, and we don't have to hear anymore "you suck and we rule" promos from Trip and Steph.  Doesn't seem that difficult.

The good Dr. of this thread already pointed out the significance of a WM win when it came to AJ Styles.  By Losing this match he's pretty much lost the feud (his 1st WWE feud as well).  All that does is damage the guy that's staying around.  Winning a match or two is meaningless if you lose the feud, especially if you lose it at a big event.  Just ask KO about that.  He was right there, ready to become a huge star and it all came crashing down so he could be sacrificed to King Cena for no reason at all.

Finally, Ryder is nothing.  There, I said it.  Putting the IC title on him only devalues it, now they have to find a way to build it up... again.

Edited by skidmarkgn

Well I am happy to say that the main guy at pwinsider reflected what were were all saying last night :) I am shocked to see people defend some of the decisions made last night as none of them were best for business (to use a phrase)

http://pwinsider.com/article/101095/my-response-to-people-that-dont-understand-why-some-people-are-critical-of-wrestlemania.html?p=1

Wrestlemania 32 wasn't bad at all. I like it when they introduced the new WWE Women's Champion. It resembles the WWE Champ.

But it made it seem so corporate. What I and a lot of people have been saying is someone like Sasha or Charlotte should have won the Divas title, took one look at it and threw it away and demanded a belt worthy of the champion. That they are not divas but women wrestlers that should be taken seriously.

The way they did it was "we tell the girls they are divas and now we are telling them they are women superstars. We are telling the crowd that women's wrestling should be taken seriously"

You know how to take it seriously? Don't have a man (Flair) help the champ win the new Women's Belt. Have the wrestlers stand up for themselves and reject the label of "diva".

I am happy there is a new title, but it came at the expense of the glorious Stephanie granting us a new title and women's division instead of any real change. It feels like more corporate marketing and that sours it.

• Like 1

You know how to take it seriously? Don't have a man (Flair) help the champ win the new Women's Belt. Have the wrestlers stand up for themselves and reject the label of "diva".

This.

Also overall it was predictable and all the complaints are fair but I enjoyed watching personally I am disappointed with booking but oh well.

Also WWE supporter of anti-bullying campaigns has Rock call out Bray Wyatt's size nice job

I actively avoided spoilers for around 20 hours for WM, but I probably would've been better off seeing the spoilers.. all of them

I hope they don't rush many NXT stars to the main event so fast on Raw to the point where they don't know how to use them - they pushed Neville up last year and his most credible moment thus far was a tag team match with an actor. For the lols, I hope Corbin runs out and fucking kills Ryder mid-celebration and gets in on the IC action

Lastly, why the fuck are they treating the Women's Championship as a new title? That championship has some serious history, but I guess they're going all in with the whole "diva's revolution" and "new era" thing (not that that's a bad thing, but it is a weird approach)

If you were going to make AJ #1 contender...couldn't he have won at Mania. 

Sounds like you owe someone an apology.

You know I knew Ryder wasn't going to be the next Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels but couldn't they have given him a month or two run with the belt? How many times has this happened where Barrett or Miz beats the champ after 24 hours. No one gives a fuck about the Miz and all you did was destroy Ryder again. Seriously does the belt mean something now that it is back on Miz? It means the same (probably less) than if you had just left it on Ryder.

If you were going to beat Ryder after 24 hours how about give the belt to Corbin and continue his push. I mean Andre the Giant Battle Royale one night and IC champ the next...that is a solid push. OR maybe give it to Apollo Crews. You might think he isn't ready but I think it would mean more on him than on the Miz.

It was like when Barrett beat Neville for King of the Ring. Sure King of the Ring doesn't mean anything anymore, but that is because WWE treated the tournament as a joke. Maybe give the win to Neville and who knows...it might have helped get him over a little more.

Edited by Dr_Mayus

So, aside from a few surprises, Raw was kinda shit. The crowd was hot early, but WWE made sure to put a stop to that.

I don't know what the point of having Shane take over this one Raw really was. You would think, seeing as this is supposedly a temporary thing, that he'd have a greater presence, right? I remember seeing him backstage twice, and he was announced as the guy who put Cesaro in the fatal four-way, but that was it. Why not set something up for next week's Raw at the end of the show? You would think that he'd be setting up interesting, crowd-pleasing matches, which would fit in perfectly on the famously unpredictable post-Mania Raw, right? Instead, it was dull, unannounced nothing matches between midcarders nobody could care about. This whole show was booked as if Vince wanted people to turn on Shane.

Apollo Crews' debut is strange. He's an excellent athlete, but his promos/acting chops are garbage. The guy smiles way too much, and I don't know how they're going to make him seem like a compelling character. Baron Corbin, the one man in NXT that nobody likes or respects, seems like he's in the best position. Because he's tall, I guess. Nothing worthwhile happened on this show until Enzo & Cass debuted, and even then, that's probably the worst Enzo promo I've seen, though I'm sure Vince loved the shit joke. No Bayley, no Bálor Club, no Joe, no Nakamura (who would've set that place on fire if he was the fourth man). An embarrassment of riches.

The Women's Championship presentation was fine, I guess. Becky looked like a badass, Sasha looked genuinely sad, and Charlotte sounded a bit awkward. Script was poor, but no worse than every other talking segment on Raw for the last ever. Natty's a great pick to kill time for the four horsewomen Summerslam match, she's easily the best worker outside of those four. That said, I can't help but care less about the title now that Sasha appears not to be involved.

The last match might've been good, but at this point I was tired and annoyed, so I couldn't really have gotten into it regardless. Kinda surprised that Cesaro didn't win, but now that I've typed that, I really shouldn't be remotely surprised that Cesaro didn't win. AJ's my favorite of the four, so part of me is happy for him, but I fully expect him to get stomped by Reigns, then shake his hand afterwards and go back to the midcard. I've always loathed cynicism, but after Mania, I'm filled with it. I don't know if/when they'll get this shit right, but I'm not betting on that happening anytime soon.

• Like 1

The last match might've been good, but at this point I was tired and annoyed, so I couldn't really have gotten into it regardless. Kinda surprised that Cesaro didn't win, but now that I've typed that, I really shouldn't be remotely surprised that Cesaro didn't win. AJ's my favorite of the four, so part of me is happy for him, but I fully expect him to get stomped by Reigns, then shake his hand afterwards and go back to the midcard. I've always loathed cynicism, but after Mania, I'm filled with it. I don't know if/when they'll get this shit right, but I'm not betting on that happening anytime soon.

I was so happy when AJ won but then I realised this aswell....

• Like 1

Glad to see Enzo and Cass on the main roster, to an extent Baron Corbin, still think it was a bit early for Apollo Crews, friday he was bumped off an NXT card and now he's on raw :/

WWE missed such a big chance with Bayley during the womens segment.

Also Sami Zayn may have been injured on Raw which is so depressing if he was....

That Wrestlemania 32 had good matches, but it was the most trollish thing I've seen Vince pull in years. I actually ended up having a legit headache after watching it all.

Yes! Zack deserved that IC title after getting buried to the core 4 years, but I kinda wanted KO to retain. I'll admit I read Kevin's tweet posted hours before the show started, that spoke legitimate words about his career. Yeah! it got to me, but after you see Vince even brush off Zack's run giving it to Miz the night after(and on the dumbest BS). Welp you can agree it was best to just let Kevin keep it, and avoid Vince further pissing off his fans. He couldn't even let him keep it for a week.

Let's see Jericho's lost to HHH, Shawn, Christian, CM Punk and Fandango @ Mania. I honestly thought Jericho came back to help build the next stars like he does every fucken year these days. Not leach off them and try WAAAY! too hard to be a "super heel". Vince knows fans didn't even want this match @ Mania, and knew no 1 expected Jericho to win it...so he said "fuck it let Jericho win it then Trolololo".

Vince thinks AJ being the #1 contender to a match he's just there to make Reigns look strong(then loses and goes back to Feuding with "Y2Much") will make it up? I swear this is why I wanted AJ in NXT, so he could feud with literally anyone and have a credible story. Johnny Gargano Vs AJ Feud would've been a fucken Dream. Then get called up to the main roster when the expectations aren't soo high.

The only thing right about this Brock Vs Dean match was that Brock won. BUT! they flat out failed the perfect opportunity to make both guys look fucken strong while carving a WM moment. Brock just beating Dean, tossing him, doing MMA, putting him through the Announce Table. Brock would've looked fucken vicious just destroying Dean letting people know he's a "Beast" again...while Dean looks Strong taking it all and selling his ass off asserting his "lunatic nature" to keep going on. Then on those pilled up chairs does a F5 leading to the pin. As everyone thinks it's over, Dean kicks out shocking not just the fans but Brock. Then as the camera guy catches Dean's "barely going" expression, they zoom out to see Brock do it again 4 the finish. After the match ends. Brock sees Dean try to get up by the corner, and charges @ him only to lift him up on his feet. As fans expect an F5 from Brock, instead pats his head and raises his hand showing respect(watch Taker's Raw match with Jeff Hardy). Also no! I'm not saying Brock should squash Dean, he will fight back with low blows, objects, and momentum based moves that'll make it look believable(to get the upper hand on a guy twice his size). Watch Brock face CM Punk @ Summer Slam 2013, this match should've tried to go that similar route. Instead we got what we got. Honestly this match to me was never about wins and loses, it was about them going out and proving they were tough.

We all know they teased Sasha winning soo fucken hard: having Snoop Dogg(Sasha's real life cousin) putting her over at HoF, and doing her song entrance, having her wear Eddie Guerrero attire, and even having Cole say she idolized Eddie(That isn't a work, that is a legitimate shoot).

I honestly didn't mind who won that Triple Threat for the Woman's title. I expected a solid competitive match from start to finish, and leave the fans completely satisfied after announcing the new title. Giving fans a whole new outlook for the future of the Woman's Division, cus let's face it "that match stole the show". Up until that FUCKEN HORSE SHIT finish, that I'll NEVER fucken forgive Vince on. Oh! the heel finish, fuck off Vince! It's god damn Mania, not your typical shit shows. I swear to god I've never in my life wanted to fucken punch Flair in the face soo bad. This was like taking the "JR getting fired over the Drunk Flair incident" and just shoving it up the ass 100 times or watching the Becky kiss angle 100 times. Speaking of Drunk Flair, nice induction speech ass hole! Shocked you didn't induct yourself a 3rd time(To be honest).

Gotta love how Vince sent the Wyatts over to get beat by Rock and Cena, but let the Social Jobbers attend and make it to the Battle Royal finals. Yeah! eat a dick Vince.

Speaking of it, I'm legit happy Baron Corbin won the Battle Royal. It means this fucker is on his way out of NXT. I've been waiting for him to get called up all year, and stop leaching off real talents.

Taker should've retired(lost) this Mania, and ON HIS FUCKEN HOME STATE!!! But no Vince wants that Cena Vs Taker Mania soo bad that he denied Taker his well deserved Dream Retirement. No! Taker shouldn't retire on Shane(despite Shane winning over the crowd), it should be Cena, Orton, Seth, Cesaro, or Sting. It's not Taker's fault these guys got injured and were out 4 months forcing the Shane match @ the last minute. Why should Taker be punished like this? We say it every fucken year "it's time to retire". What's he gonna Dye when his hair falls off completely? There is no 1 in that roster who's had more surgeries then Taker.

Seeing Reigns booked fucken strong, while winning CLEAN...just pissed the final fuck out off me. I knew he was gonna win EVERY FUCKEN PERSON WATCHING KNEW IT!

After all the BS Vince pulled all night, I was actually saying OMFG! please let HHH win this. Just let me fucken have this 1, but NO! all the stars who should've had a Mania moment got screwed over. BTW the fans were muted, but those people in attendance booed him right out of the building.

Honestly if Vince booked the right winners, then people would've been so satisfied with mania to the point "no 1 would've cared" if you let Reigns win the title at the end. But you flipped the fans all night and saved your ace for last. So there ya go people Vince's "RevengeMania". 

• Like 2

I found that both Wrestlemania and RAW were kinda weak.

Except the Taker/Shane match. That one was good to me!

Happy that AJ Styles won a championship match, but don't you think it's too soon? I know he's well known, but still...

Edited by Crisis001