The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

On 4/23/2016 at 11:44 AM, m0nst3rG4m3r007 said:

Also I want Anderson and Gallows to attack Roman at Payback and then Aj Styles gets on the mic and starts shouting at them "I didn't need your help I could win on my own" and they reply something like "who says we were helping you?" Lights go out they come back on and Finn is in the ring and the Balor Club attacks Aj styles. Because lets face it Aj isn't winning the title so this imo is next best thing

That's a solid direction to take the storyline.

Edited by Shaowsintzu

James Storm is sitting in the TNA closet thinking "fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck"

WWE only offered him 100k to sign with them. I definitely would've taken it and i bet he wishes he had've too. TNA is done if they don't do something.

So I keep seeing stories/rumors that a top WWE star has reportedly given his notice and doesn't want tot wrestle anymore.  The reports all say there's no info about who it is but they're all confirming it's not Barrett (although he is apparently leaving in June) and it's not Ziggler (he just resigned a multi-year deal).  Beyond eliminating those two guys it's a big mystery.  Anyone know anything about this?  Is it true?

So I keep seeing stories/rumors that a top WWE star has reportedly given his notice and doesn't want tot wrestle anymore.  The reports all say there's no info about who it is but they're all confirming it's not Barrett (although he is apparently leaving in June) and it's not Ziggler (he just resigned a multi-year deal).  Beyond eliminating those two guys it's a big mystery.  Anyone know anything about this?  Is it true?

I am guessing it is Taker. There has been a lot of talk that Mania was his last match.

If you listen to Bryan Alvarez on WOL he has been discussing A) Why is Shane still in charge of Raw...it is almost like that was always supposed to be the plan but somehow the ending of Mania was changed. B ) Taker was scheduled for several shows in Europe and pulled out of all of them.

The conspiracy is Taker basically refused to lose to Shane at Mania and then the WWE had to scramble to fix the plans they had made. I mean it makes no sense to build up Shane taking over RAW for all those weeks only to lose.

He talks about it a bit in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PBafk12MpE

Edited by Dr_Mayus

I am guessing it is Taker. There has been a lot of talk that Mania was his last match.

If you listen to Bryan Alvarez on WOL he has been discussing A) Why is Shane still in charge of Raw...it is almost like that was always supposed to be the plan but somehow the ending of Mania was changed. B ) Taker was scheduled for several shows in Europe and pulled out of all of them.

The conspiracy is Taker basically refused to lose to Shane at Mania and then the WWE had to scramble to fix the plans they had made. I mean it makes no sense to build up Shane taking over RAW for all those weeks only to lose.

He talks about it a bit in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PBafk12MpE

Makes sense, although hearing he refused to lose sounds kind of odd, especially knowing it was Taker himself that wanted to end the steak against Brock.  They could have had the loss be super dirty (young workers wanting change interfering or something of the such) and no one would have batted an eye.  In fact, it seems like everyone would have been thrilled.  I would put Taker as a smart enough guy to know his character wouldn't have been damaged at all, probably just the opposite if his losing was the spark that ushered in a new "era", but who knows, maybe he isn't, which would be a shame because now that it's all said and done, and Taker won, that angle came off as incredibly stupid and pointless and his winning was probably the worst booking decision on what could go down as one of the, if not the worst booked Wrestlemanias of all time.  I'd hate to lose some respect for him because of that.

Edited by skidmarkgn

Makes sense, although hearing he refused to lose sounds kind of odd, especially knowing it was Taker himself that wanted to end the steak against Brock.  They could have had the loss be super dirty (young workers wanting change interfering or something of the such) and no one would have batted an eye.  In fact, it seems like everyone would have been thrilled.  I would put Taker as a smart enough guy to know his character wouldn't have been damaged at all, probably just the opposite if his losing was the spark that ushered in a new "era", but who knows, maybe he isn't, which would be a shame because now that it's all said and done, and Taker won, that angle came off as incredibly stupid and pointless and his winning was probably the worst booking decision on what could go down as one of the, if not the worst booked Wrestlemanias of all time.  I'd hate to lose some respect for him because of that.

That was the weird thing about the match. I fully expected the Mean Street Posse to run in, or maybe Austin or Rock to interfere...but there was nothing.

I guess WWE figured it was better to have Austin and Rock bury young talent as oppose to making a match make sense

Is anyone having a bad day? Do you need something to brighten your spirits? Well why not partake in a great wrestling match :) I mean there is Austin vs Bret, Savage vs Steamboat, Razor/Shawn ladder match...and then there is Martinez vs Rebel :D.

Stuff to consider when watching this match.

1. How does Martinez boobs stay in the top the whole time?

2. What the fuck was Martinez trying to do with that ending?

3. Has "I said my Vag hurts" ever been yelled in a wrestling match before (I think Undertaker said it once...but not sure)?

4. Why would TNA hold a PPV full of women that no one cares about and can't wrestle...in 2016.

5. Is it really a PPV if no one bought it?

6. Are there less people in attendance than in your house right now?

7. Does this match hurt TNA's chance of finding a potential buyer?

All of those questions can be answered in the following video ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUQihamFQyE

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

Is anyone having a bad day? Do you need something to brighten your spirits? Well why not partake in a great wrestling match :) I mean there is Austin vs Bret, Savage vs Steamboat, Razor/Shawn ladder match...and then there is Martinez vs Rebel :D.

3. Has "I said my Vag hurts" ever been yelled in a wrestling match before (I think Undertaker said it once...but not sure)?

4. Why would TNA hold a PPV full of women that no one cares about and can't wrestle...in 2016.

What the hell did I just watch..... Please excuse me a moment as I wash my eyes out with petrol to hopefully unsee what I just witnessed on this car crash of a wrestling show :(

What the hell did I just watch..... Please excuse me a moment as I wash my eyes out with petrol to hopefully unsee what I just witnessed on this car crash of a wrestling show :(

Oh man, come on. That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Better than Mania :P

I still think Sharmel vs. Jenna Morasca was worse, but this had maybe the messiest finish I've ever seen. 

Worth a listen:

Oh man, come on. That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Better than Mania :P

Honestly, it was far less depressing than Mania.

So this PPV accomplished absolutely nothing.

Tag Team #1 contenders' match ends in no contest (not WWE's fault)

Women's Championship ends in screwjob.

IC Championship match ends in Dusty finish.

WWE Championship match ends in multiple false finishes.

And finally, who controls Raw: Shane or Steph? Fuck it, both of them.

So this PPV accomplished absolutely nothing.

Tag Team #1 contenders' match ends in no contest (not WWE's fault)

Women's Championship ends in screwjob.

IC Championship match ends in Dusty finish.

WWE Championship match ends in multiple false finishes.

And finally, who controls Raw: Shane or Steph? Fuck it, both of them.

At least Dean won a match finally...that has got to count for something

• Like 1

I actually really liked tonight's PPV.  Zayn and KO (of course) killed it and KO got quite a spotlight tonight.  He may not be main eventing but he's getting a pretty decent amount of build and the IC title is interesting because of the talent surrounding it, aside from Miz who's way out of his league.  Anyways, Miz aside, there's actually aninteresting story being told with KO's quest to regain his belt.  The first plus.

Then the IC title match.  The work was great but that's only because Cesaro is a great worker.  Pretty sure Maryse is the only reason Miz is a part of this program and hopefully KO will be strapped sooner than later.  But, the work was good and Cesaro always puts on a show.  The finish was the only minor glitch.  So, a plus.

Tag tourney went sour but no one is at fault, sometimes shit happens.

Charlotte/Natty was a minus.  The finish was terrible (how the hell many times are they gonna recreate the screwjob, it's beyond lame now) and it's hard seeing my all-time favorite barely able to move.

Dean and Jericho worked a solid match and Dean finally got a PPV win.  An absolute plus.

Steph and Shane both running RAW is kind of silly but if what Mayus says is true and they had to abandon the plan because Taker said no then I won't hold it against them.

Finally the title match.  THIS is how you build a program.  Show me someone who says they're not interested in seeing how this plays out and I'll show you a liar.  Reigns going over meant nothing.  In fact it was a given.  But-BUT we're all eagerly waiting to see how this ends.  Will Finn debut and form an anti AJ bullet club?  Will all four of them form the Bullet club?  Will the Bullet club be abandoned but it doesn't matter because of a Seth Rollins return?  Who ends up with the title doesn't even really seem important in the big picture, and now we get three more weeks of build up before seeing what ultimately happens.  The best programs are the ones that aren't rushed, and I'm actually more excited for the journey than the conclusion.

Edited by skidmarkgn

Charlotte/Natty was a minus.  The finish was terrible (how the hell many times are they gonna recreate the screwjob, it's beyond lame now) and it's hard seeing my all-time favorite barely able to move.

This. Bret trying to lock in the Sharpshooter seems awkward and kinda sad when you think about what that means. Otherwise and awful finish to a stellar match, I would want them to put the belt on Natalya, have her being out some good matches with current divas and then drop the belt to Sasha at SummerSlam. Atm it feels too much like NXT storyline again on Raw and when/if Bayley comes up anytime soon this is surely going to get worse......

http://thebigguyryback22.tumblr.com/post/143803724226/feed-me-more

Possibly(read:hopefully) the end of Ryback?  I know I should never "hope" for someone to lose their job/dream but this guy's too much.  He's been nothing but entitled, wreckless and whiny and personally, I'm over him.  

This little rant is the perfect example of why I can't stand the guy.  He proclaims that it's "not about the money" then spends the entire article bitching about money.  He obviously thinks he deserves to be a top guy despite being severely limited both in the ring and on the mic.  Yeah, we get it, you're big, and in the 80's you probably would have been on top simply because of that.  Today's a different landscape though, especially right now.  Daniel Bryan and CM Punk kicked the door down and showed the world what true talent is.  People got on board with that and the WWE was forced to (kicking and screaming) make some changes. 

In short, get over it dude.  Top guys make top money.  Just like every other business in the world.

Edited by skidmarkgn

http://thebigguyryback22.tumblr.com/post/143803724226/feed-me-more

Possibly(read:hopefully) the end of Ryback?  I know I should never "hope" for someone to lose their job/dream but this guy's too much.  He's been nothing but entitled, wreckless and whiny and personally, I'm over him.  

This little rant is the perfect example of why I can't stand the guy.  He proclaims that it's "not about the money" then spends the entire article bitching about money.  He obviously thinks he deserves to be a top guy despite being severely limited both in the ring and on the mic.  Yeah, we get it, you're big, and in the 80's you probably would have been on top simply because of that.  Today's a different landscape though, especially right now.  Daniel Bryan and CM Punk kicked the door down and showed the world what true talent is.  People got on board with that and the WWE was forced to (kicking and screaming) make some changes. 

In short, get over it dude.  Top guys make top money.  Just like every other business in the world.

what do you think he will do if he decides to leave? Do you think he will just retire or go to another wrestling circuit?

Personally, I think they might just release him anyway. Raw's ratings are not as high as it was in the past and like you said, he is basically talking about money. Besides, I don't think there is anything you can do with him. I think his character is done for ( if it wasn't already)