The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Just finished payback, I'm going to watch raw after dinner but here's my thoughts...

Really sad about Enzo, I got fear for him... hoping he will be back soon. STill, I'm just curious who was intended to win... anybody knows? If creative are smart, now they should give title to the vaudvillains and then let Enzo&Cass run a classic comeback when he's health...

Nothing to say about garbage ending match like IC Title and Women Title, they fucked up like always...

Amazing match between KO and Sami, but I think they should have ended it and starting something fresh... we will see...

McMahons are happily all running raw... ok, WM was useless but if this will grant a better management I'm ok...

And finally, always happy about reactions to stupid-Cena 2.0... they had to lower volume cause the boos were amazingly out loud!!! And all match went with chants like "You can't wrestle! you suck! etc..." Obviously he was able to kick out all AJ's finishers and win by a spear, oh my...

I'm not sure about what skidmarkgn intended...I didn't see Finn nor bullet nor else you said... Just a Gallows-Anderson interference (that was predictable as a Reigns win) so why it was built well and has a big picture? Maybe something happened on raw and I'm going to find out later, but right now I don't see a picture at all, they are just pushing the wrong guy to death (and to crowd boos)

Really sad about Enzo, I got fear for him... hoping he will be back soon. STill, I'm just curious who was intended to win... anybody knows? If creative are smart, now they should give title to the vaudvillains and then let Enzo&Cass run a classic comeback when he's health...

I'm not sure about what skidmarkgn intended...I didn't see Finn nor bullet nor else you said... Just a Gallows-Anderson interference (that was predictable as a Reigns win) so why it was built well and has a big picture? Maybe something happened on raw and I'm going to find out later, but right now I don't see a picture at all, they are just pushing the wrong guy to death (and to crowd boos)

I would assume the Vaudevillains were intended to win because they're a heel team.  With how over the New Day is as faces having them face heels makes the most sense.

Let me try and clarify what I'm talking about with the title program right now.  I don't know how old you are but if you watched back in the mid/late 90's a lot of the top programs were built over months, sometimes up to a year.  Now-a-days they'll start a program and almost immediately have a match followed by a rematch (and half the time the guys will have several matches during the build like AJ and Jericho were before Wrestlemania) then move on, it gets really hard to get emotionally invested because it's almost over before it started.  When I see that AJ and Reigns are getting another few weeks it gets me excited to see what's going to happen.  Not so much who becomes champ, but who's going to show up and why.  The longer it takes, the more exciting the payoff will be.  Especially when we don't know exactly what direction they'll take.  Just look at the top of the head ideas...

-Reigns and AJ work their match at Extreme rules.  The end sees interference from Gallows and Anderson again.  Aj's had enough and tells them "I don't want your help" to which they respond "who says we're working for you".  Enter Finn Balor.  The current program gets a superb payoff and continues with AJ and Reigns battling the Bullett Club until the even bigger payoff match at SummerSlam.  That's four months of story followed by a huge match.

-Reigns and AJ have their match at ER.  Gallows And Anderson interfere AJ says no, G&A say "were not working for you" and instead of Balor it's Rollins.  Reigns and the Uso's battle Rollins and the Seth led Bullet Club ending in a title match between Rollins and Reigns at SS.  Again, four months of build followed by a huge match.

-Aj, Finn, Gallows and Anderson all group together to form the Bullet Club, they become a new Shield type faction that runs amok.  Eventually the Wyatts (who were teasing a face turn right before Bray's injury) decide to take matters into their own hands and try to deal with it.  Ending in a match at SS.  Meanwhile, Reigns feuds with who-the-hell-cares because the Bullet Club/Wyatt program is so awesome.

I'm not saying they won't screw it up, probably a 50/50 chance they do.  BUT, the seeds have been planted to do some really awesome things over the summer.

Edited by skidmarkgn

I would assume the Vaudevillains were intended to win because they're a heel team.  With how over the New Day is as faces having them face heels makes the most sense.

Let me try and clarify what I'm talking about with the title program right now.  I don't know how old you are but if you watched back in the mid/late 90's a lot of the top programs were built over months, sometimes up to a year.  Now-a-days they'll start a program and almost immediately have a match followed by a rematch (and half the time the guys will have several matches during the build like AJ and Jericho were before Wrestlemania) then move on, it gets really hard to get emotionally invested because it's almost over before it started.  When I see that AJ and Reigns are getting another few weeks it gets me excited to see what's going to happen.  Not so much who becomes champ, but who's going to show up and why.  The longer it takes, the more exciting the payoff will be.  Especially when we don't know exactly what direction they'll take.  Just look at the top of the head ideas...

-Reigns and AJ work their match at Extreme rules.  The end sees interference from Gallows and Anderson again.  Aj's had enough and tells them "I don't want your help" to which they respond "who says we're working for you".  Enter Finn Balor.  The current program gets a superb payoff and continues with AJ and Reigns battling the Bullett Club until the even bigger payoff match at SummerSlam.  That's four months of story followed by a huge match.

-Reigns and AJ have their match at ER.  Gallows And Anderson interfere AJ says no, G&A say "were not working for you" and instead of Balor it's Rollins.  Reigns and the Uso's battle Rollins and the Seth led Bullet Club ending in a title match between Rollins and Reigns at SS.  Again, four months of build followed by a huge match.

-Aj, Finn, Gallows and Anderson all group together to form the Bullet Club, they become a new Shield type faction that runs amok.  Eventually the Wyatts (who were teasing a face turn right before Bray's injury) decide to take matters into their own hands and try to deal with it.  Ending in a match at SS.  Meanwhile, Reigns feuds with who-the-hell-cares because the Bullet Club/Wyatt program is so awesome.

I'm not saying they won't screw it up, probably a 50/50 chance they do.  BUT, the seeds have been planted to do some really awesome things over the summer.

Ok, understood... you're predicting some scenarios (maybe hoping more than predicting :) ) that would be great... In the first read I thought that something already happened at the end of payback and you were ok with that.

However I'm not sure some of that will happens... I'm afraid they're moving in the blind and just letting Reigns keep the title for months just like a Cena 2.0

Ok, understood... you're predicting some scenarios (maybe hoping more than predicting :) ) that would be great... In the first read I thought that something already happened at the end of payback and you were ok with that.

However I'm not sure some of that will happens... I'm afraid they're moving in the blind and just letting Reigns keep the title for months just like a Cena 2.0

With the scarceness of uninjured main eventing superstars on the roster before WM and Vince's love for Reigns, WWE had pushed themselves into a corner with who is champion. I'd say the reason AJ isn't champion yet is because he hasn't been with WWE for long and they probably want him to "do his time" before becoming champion. Ambrose could've also been champion by now, but Reigns' physical image is probably what won WWE (Vince) over.

But as skidmarkgn mentioned;

• Bullet/Balor club (re)formation
  • Rollins returning from injury
  • And also Bray Wyatt has been rumoured to have a huge push towards SS (with the title possibly involved) after his injury. (take rumours with a grain of salt)

With all that considered, I honestly do not see Reign's after (or hopefully before) SummerSlam as champion. So yes that is over 3 months away, so think of it as from here to SS, we're pretty much going to be slowly watching Reigns' downfall as champion :D

Reigns and AJ work their match at Extreme rules.  The end sees interference from Gallows and Anderson again.  Aj's had enough and tells them "I don't want your help" to which they respond "who says we're working for you".  Enter Finn Balor.  The current program gets a superb payoff and continues with AJ and Reigns battling the Bullett Club until the even bigger payoff match at SummerSlam.  That's four months of story followed by a huge match.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious Reigns' will retain at ER but there should be that big moment after/during the match that is being teased. I personally think Balor will show up as he dropped the NXT championship recently, but I'll be hopeful that whatever happens will be a big payoff

I think it was obvious that Wyatt was being pushed before his injury. They teased him becoming champion when HHH had the title. The Wyatts were on the Payback poster. Hopefully he recovers soon, because I honestly think this will finally be his year.

The main event scene should be getting very interesting soon. Wyatt and Seth returning. Balor likely debuting soon. AJ will hopefully stay in the main event picture for awhile. Roman becoming more heelish as time goes on. Cena returning this month too.

I think it was obvious that Wyatt was being pushed before his injury. They teased him becoming champion when HHH had the title. The Wyatts were on the Payback poster. Hopefully he recovers soon, because I honestly think this will finally be his year.

The main event scene should be getting very interesting soon. Wyatt and Seth returning. Balor likely debuting soon. AJ will hopefully stay in the main event picture for awhile. Roman becoming more heelish as time goes on. Cena returning this month too.

That is the thing WWE needs.

People keep crapping over Roman but the thing is he really is quite good. The main problem is they are pushing him as the Be All End All instead of just 1 of the main guys.

If Roman was on top but shared the spotlight with AJ, Dean, Jericho, Bray, Kevin Owen, Sami Zayn etc then people wouldn't care as much when he wins the title because they know that 4 or 5 months later one of those other guys will hold the title.

It's that time of year again. WWE just released a handful of superstars: Santino (weird considering he retired already), Alex Riley, El Torito, Hornswoggle, Cameron, Zeb Colter, Wade Barrett, and Damien Sandow.

Sucks for sandow since he was liked by the wwe universe but he was always gonna be a jobber. He'll probably end up in tna or roh.

It's that time of year again. WWE just released a handful of superstars: Santino (weird considering he retired already), Alex Riley, El Torito, Hornswoggle, Cameron, Zeb Colter, Wade Barrett, and Damien Sandow.

I just read about these. Some of those make sense. Barrett and Santino are done with the company (I thought Santino was done awhile ago). Honswoggle hasn't been used since being suspended and Torito and Colter don't really have anything to do. Shocked to see Ryback not among the talent released...but maybe they are still trying to work a deal with him.

The crappy thing about all those talent is Sandow and Barrett. They both could have been something in the company. Maybe not headlining Mania or anything but Sandow should have been at least Upper Mid Card and Barretts IC runs should have actually meant something instead of just jobbing the guy out all the time.

I mean seriously what was the point of making Barrett KotR? Why not give the crown to the newcomer Neville if you weren't going to do anything with it. That KotR tournament didn't help Barrett, it hurt Neville (making him lose again) and it devalued the KotR title even more. I mean this was once the title that Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar, Randy Savage, Kurt Angle etc all won :(

I was seriously surprised to not see jack swagger on that list of released talent

Shocked to see Ryback not among the talent released...but maybe they are still trying to work a deal with him.

I think Cameron might have taken that bullet after her "Amen brother" tweet.  But who knows, still plenty of time to throw the overstuffed sausage known as Ryback out too.

So non-Canadians may or may not have heard but right now part of our Country is burning...like a lot

fort-mcmurray-fire.JPG

So Canadian Wrestlers Kevin Owens and Tyler Breeze put together a charity to hep raise money for the Fort McMurray victims.

https://www.gofundme.com/22vqm7w

While this is a great thing to do...I have to ask "why are the Heel Canadians the only ones putting their names on this. Be kind of nice if Nattie and Sami would get involved as well"

Regardless, it is there if anyone is interested.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

Sucks for sandow since he was liked by the wwe universe but he was always gonna be a jobber. He'll probably end up in tna or roh.

As will Ryback I'm sure. If TNA doesn't go under in the meantime. Honestly, Ryback outside the ring, seems like a real jerk.

I'm surprised they haven't released Fandango yet.

So Adam Rose has been arrested for a Domestic Abuse charge. Apparently Adam and his wife were having an argument and he grabbed his wife and started screaming at her...she called the police and that is the story.

Not a good thing for anyone to do, even worse when you are on suspension already.

So Adam Rose has been arrested for a Domestic Abuse charge. Apparently Adam and his wife were having an argument and he grabbed his wife and started screaming at her...she called the police and that is the story.

Not a good thing for anyone to do, even worse when you are on suspension already.

Don't forget the felony "tampering" charge that's on him for, I guess, ripping the phone from her hand when she tried to call the cops.

Gotta feeling the outcasts as a whole might just be let go.

Is there any updates on Enzo Amore (return)?

Big Cass said on a backstage interview following this week's Raw that "he's ready to come back", although he could've been told to say that, but still

Who knows on his actual return though, but I'd like to either see him return at Extreme Rules to cost The Vaudevillians the title or the Raw after ER, depending on if he is actually fully recovered and given the nod to get back in the ring 

• Like 1

Big Cass said on a backstage interview following this week's Raw that "he's ready to come back", although he could've been told to say that, but still

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyaAPw_D5Io

Who knows on his actual return though, but I'd like to either see him return at Extreme Rules to cost The Vaudevillians the title or the Raw after ER, depending on if he is actually fully recovered and given the nod to get back in the ring

That is awesome news

Can't wait for him to get back in. I still like Cass, but I like seeing them both together.

You may be right. It may happen like that. Although, I feel like Enzo will return at the moment Cass is being assaulted. Whether he's getting overwhelmed by Dudley's or vaudevillians or both, Enzo comes running out with a chair. ( I think that how people do it nowadays)

Extreme Rules predictions:

Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin (No DQ) - If Corbin were to lose, I'm not sure how they could justify keeping him around. He'll have to win here.

The New Day vs. The Vaudevillains - The Vaudevillains are about as over as Dana Brooke, they aren't winning here.

The Club vs. The Usos (Texas Tornado Tag Team match) - Considering the expected post-main event angle involving G&A, they need to look a hell of a lot stronger than they do now.

Kalisto vs. Rusev - Kalisto gets the surprise win, and loses the title on the next Raw.

The Miz vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro - Really have no idea what's going to happen here. Miz and Cesaro could use the title the most, the latter doesn't really have a character at the moment and would probably benefit from the win the most, so I'll go with him. KO and Zayn can continue their feud without the title, though I wouldn't be surprised at all if Owens wins here, to add greater meaning to what should be one of the hottest feuds leading into Summerslam.

Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho (Asylum match) - If you're going to (kayfabe) invent a match, you need to at least win the first one.

Charlotte vs. Natalya (Submission match) - Charlottle's holding onto the belt until Summerslam.

Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles (Extreme Rules match) - This is probably wrong, but the right thing is to give AJ the title. They like to have at least three matches in every feud, and AJ losing 0-2 seems to decisive. AJ's too damn over to lose a rematch. Maybe have Bálor interfere, help AJ, then turn on him setting up a (triple threat?) match at Money In The Bank. I'm sure this won't happen, but dammit, I WANT TO DREAM.

Edited by AxeToFall18