The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Okay people. Tonight is Extreme Rules. Let's get the talks going, let's hear some predictions.

-Kevin Owens or Sammy Zayn walks away with the IC title. More than likely Kevin Owens.

-Charlotte retains the Women's Championship via some sort of cheating fuckery.

-New Day will retain their Tag Team Titles. Vaudevillians aren't winning.

-Dean will put Jericho in a straight jacket and win the first ever Asylum match. I am most excited for this match tonight. 

-Roman Reigns will almost lose his title tonight against Aj Styles. ALMOST. Roman retains.

-I hope for the credibility of his young career, that Baron Corbin defeats Dolph Ziggler on the pre-show.

I'll predict that Bray Wyatt or Seth Rollins returns tonight. More than likely, Bray Wyatt.

CLIP

Rusev vs Kalisto: Rusev should win the title here. Kalisto has been a complete waste as champ.

-IC Match: I see Owens winning here and then the build the Summerslam starts where Sami will win the title (which should have happened at Mania.

-Charlotte vs Nattie: I would like Charlotte to win on her own to prove that women are capable of winning without a man's help. I could also see someone like Arn Anderson coming down to help Charlotte win (at the behest of Flair). Either way, Charlotte isn't losing to anyone that isn't named Sasha.

-New Day vs Vaudvillians: I see Enzo and Cass being the ones to dethrone the New Day so I see New Day retaining here.

-Dean vs Jericho: Dean has to win here. I mean he just has to

-Roman vs AJ: Seth Rollins will come in and be the real leader of the Club. The 3 of them will take out both AJ and Roman (Usos as well) and the match will end with No Winner. (because it wouldn't be the first time WWE stole an idea from ROH...double champ Seth)

-Corbin vs Ziggler: Corbin should destroy Ziggler....but that means WWE will probably have them wrestle 900 more times

Kalisto has been a complete waste as champ.

He's only been a waste because they've given him absolutely nothing to work with. I mean where's the story? Drama? Nothing. I'll say it again: the US Title was only considered "a symbol of excellence" when Cena had it. Once he lost it, the US Title went down in tv time value, and became as important as a jobber to WWE suits.

Well, happy to see Miz retaining and having the title a couple of weeks more.

And even when it's cool to have Rusev again as US champ, but here it comes Cena to bury him again.

New day winning no surprise there. Same for Charlotte.

Edited by GoldenShaka

That was a great IC title match. I wanted KO to win, but him and zayn need to finish their feud before either one of them get a title. Cesaro looks super strong and really needs to be in the wwe title race.

The Miz looks weak, but smart which is how he always has been. I'm glad people have started no-selling the "skull crushing finale". I have always hated that move, even when Jeff Jarrett used as the "stroke" it still looked like a bad finisher. 

Edited by S-Brawl3r

That was a great IC title match. I wanted KO to win, but him and zayn need to finish their feud before either one of them get a title. Cesaro looks super strong and really needs to be in the wwe title race.

The Miz looks weak, but smart which is how he always has been. I'm glad people have started no-selling the "skull crushing finale". I have always hated that move, even when Jeff Jarrett used as the "stroke" it still looked like a bad finisher. 

Do you want him to start using the FIgure Four again :P

figure-four-o.gif

Do you want him to start using the FIgure Four again :P

figure-four-o.gif

God no, that was almost as bad as the Rock's sharpshooter. His best finisher was The Reality Check (the running knee into neckbreaker version), but he'll never use that version again. 

Edited by S-Brawl3r

No stop it wwe, stop making AJ look so weak. That was one of the worst spears I've seen and AJ can't kick out of it, but Reigns can take two Styles Clash (one of them on a chair) and all those chair shots on a bad leg?

And of course the all powerful PEDIGREE takes out Reigns just like that.

Good match, but that was a BS finish.

Way to bury the styles clash WWE. I hate how Roman just seems unstoppable. Hurt leg, two styles clashes one of them on a chair, and still he fucking kicks out.  :rolleyes:

I totally called it on the Women's championship match. Natalya loses via fuckery. Where the hell is Sasha Banks?

The Asylum match was really slow- and boring unfortunately... until the end. The last few minutes of the match were good. But the whole time I was thinking, "There should be a roof on that cage, so no one can get out. If someone leaves the asylum/cage before the match is over, what happens then?" For any future Asylum matches, there needs to be a roof on the cage. Just saying.

My prediction on the Cody Rhodes situation:

He'll go to either Ring of Honor or New Japan Pro-Wrestling and get himself over and get a decent run with one of their titles.

WWE will see this and then offer him a decent sized contract and he'll be back to square one and be buried again.

I honestly hope he stays away and never comes back for one simple reason, I think he could do better and be more appreciated elsewhere. Especially when you consider that Vince seems to think muscles translates to talent.

So since Seth's possible face turn got squandered, Reigns will continue being a face to try and get more people to cheer for him since Seth is his opponent and Seth is good at being an asshole. They literally tried this at WrestleMania by having face Reigns go up against a power-hungry heel Triple H and look how that turned out. 

Let him turn heel and save his career, it worked for The Rock

• Like 1

So Eden got released, which didn't really surprise me at all.

Well, happy to see Miz retaining and having the title a couple of weeks more.

And even when it's cool to have Rusev again as US champ, but here it comes Cena to bury him again.

New day winning no surprise there. Same for Charlotte.

According to the SmackDown tapings, it seems we're probably going to see Rusev Vs Titus for the US Title.

Cena might end up feuding with Styles as there isn't really anything for him right now.

Sheamus may end up facing Apollo Crews after attacking him backstage on RAW

In massive breaking news, Smackdown will be live starting July 19th, and the brand split is returning.

Press release, courtesy of Wrestling Inc.

NEW YORK and STAMFORD, CONN – May 25, 2016 -- USA Network, the exclusive cable home to WWE's marquee properties, announced that its weekly SMACKDOWN show will air live – for the first time ever – and move to Tuesdays every week beginning July 19 from 8-10PM ET/PT. With the SMACKDOWN move, USA Network will now offer five hours of live WWE programming a week, including the weekly three-hour live WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW (airing Mondays from 8-11PM ET/PT), with each show featuring a distinct cast, unique storylines and a dedicated writing team.

In 2016 to date, MONDAY NIGHT RAW is averaging 4.011MM total viewers, 1.873MM P25-54 and 1.846MM P18-49 L7, and SMACKDOWN in its current time slot is averaging 2.674MM P2+, 1.136MM P25-54, and 1.058MM P18-49+ L7, making USA the #1 cable entertainment network across the key demos on Monday and Thursday nights. In 2015, the two programs combined reached over 50MM viewers. Both shows will now air live 52 weeks a year.

"The fan base for our WWE shows is one of the most passionate and engaged audiences in all of entertainment," said Chris McCumber, President, Entertainment Networks, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment. "There is a huge appetite among our viewers for live programming, and the ability to move SMACKDOWN to a live format brings a new level of excitement and helps truly eventize this every week."

"WWE's flagship programs will both leverage the incredible depth of our talent roster, distinct storylines and the unpredictable nature of live TV," said WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon. "This move will undoubtedly build more excitement and deepen engagement with our fans around the world."

• Like 1

In massive breaking news, Smackdown will be live starting July 19th, and the brand split is returning.

Press release, courtesy of Wrestling Inc.

No more unbearable editing of the crowd's reactions is always a good thing

Cena might end up feuding with Styles as there isn't really anything for him right now.

Not too sure about this, and I hope not. They're teasing Balor being the leader of The Club so hard right now with Styles not wanting them around him anymore. I think Balor's match at NXT TakeOver will be his last in NXT and that he'll make his main roster debut at Money in the Bank, and a Styles vs Balor Club angle would be amazing if done right

Edited by SkyesUnholy