The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Everything so far (except for the commissioners and GMs) makes it look like they're putting more effort into Raw, which is unfortunate given that the entire point of the brand split was supposed to be building up Smackdown. Raw gets the first pick, 3 picks for SD's 2, and an exclusive division. I have no idea how they're going to try selling Smackdown as another A show considering all that's be revealed to date. Hopefully they divvy up the talent equitably tonight.

As long as the right talent goes to Smackdown I don't think there will be too much of a separation in quality (RAW will still always be considered the flag ship show as well).  You have to remember that RAW is 3 hours while Smackdown is 2.  I would much rather the extra hour be filled with cruiserweights and a few extra matches than more Gold Dust/R-Truth/*insert whatever product they're pushing* skits and pre-match segments, like last night's opener to the 12 man tag, that go on for waaaay too long.  

I see women championship goes to SD if Enzo  and Cass stays on Raw, that how yah doin thing takes too much time to have them on SD.  :lol:

So, who would be Sasha's partner? a remote chance for Nia Jax or Bailey?

If it's Bayley I would prefer not being her mentioned tonight. Bayley and Balor deserve a bigger first appearance than just the Draft.

Edit: 

Well, happy to have the Demon on the big show :)

I definitely prefer to have Reigns on Raw than Cena.

Oh no, 2 horsewoman already on Raw, c'mon I want Bayley here :(

I knew it, Enzo and Cass on Raw, obvious. Happy to have KO here :)

American Alpha the best (televised) SD pick.

Ok, whole draft is over, I have to say excellent decision from SD about tag teams, they have the best teams.

Now I have a reason to watch SD.

Ok, so no Bayley.

Edited by GoldenShaka

Wow, Smackdown just got fucked. Other than AA, AJ, and Cena, things are looking considerably less appealing on the Smackdown front. Some absolutely braindead picks too. Kalisto to SD, so he doesn't get involved in the cruiserweight division, Carmella to SD and E&C to Raw, Alexa Bliss being held off 'til near the end of the network show, damn. Smackdown drafted a whole lot of absolutely nothing. And Eva Marie, who is less than absolute nothing.

I am team smackdown til I die.

Couldn't agree with you more buddy. But SD made a few piss-poor choices. Dolph Ziggler??!! 10TH pick? WTF? Were Shane and Daniel high when they made that decision? I would've scooped up Cesaro before Ziggler. Hell, I would've taken Braun Strowman over Ziggler. "Ziggler is a hard worker". Yeah, and he still sucks. Neville would've been a fine choice at #10. But noooooooo. 

I thought Bray Wyatt was drafted a little too early as well. I would have chosen Kevin Owens first. I think we can all agree Bray has been buried a little too deep in his short career, but Owens is still very hot and a respected competitor.

Smackdown missed out on some good picks but still have potential especially in american alpha, ambrose, aj, Wyatt, crwes and Alexa bliss who is a really good in and out of the ring. The only really exciting thing about raw is balor where I think he will run the club now that aj is on smackdown.

This draft like all draft before it was weird. Why split up The Club and Wyatts? Splitting the Wyatts now means they won't beat The New Day at battleground. With The Club they could be going for Balor Club, but after all the AJ is the leader stuff it would seem kind of weird for Finn to just take over. Wasn't Carmella Enzo's and Cass's valet/manager, why put them on different shows? Putting Alberto Del Rio and Paige on different shows seems kind of mean. Overall, the talent split was okay, but it seems like Smackdown is going to be the B show for the main stream wwe audience to get use to talent like asuka and nakamura when they are done in nxt.

I enjoyed this draft. Some odd picks, but it was fun. Finn Balor being drafted ahead of Roman and Cena was pretty funny. Overall, I'm liking the Raw side a little more. Though, it'll be interesting to see if Bray finally gets his big push, now that he's one of the top 5 guys on Smackdown.

I'm also happy for the NXT superstars that got drafted. The NXT women's division is kinda dead now though. Asuka, Bayley, and uhhhhh....? I wonder who replaces Corey Graves on NXT commentary now too.

I enjoyed this draft. Some odd picks, but it was fun. Finn Balor being drafted ahead of Roman and Cena was pretty funny. Overall, I'm liking the Raw side a little more. Though, it'll be interesting to see if Bray finally gets his big push, now that he's one of the top 5 guys on Smackdown.

I'm also happy for the NXT superstars that got drafted. The NXT women's division is kinda dead now though. Asuka, Bayley, and uhhhhh....? I wonder who replaces Corey Graves on NXT commentary now too.

I honestly expect that Bayley will be coming up at Battleground to be Sasha's tag partner. At that point, it'd just be Asuka and... Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, and Deonna Purazzo? Ember Moon should be debuting soon enough, so... they can feud for the next six months while HHH scours Australia for more C level talent.

I still don't get Carmella being drafted to Smackdown. She's not a good wrestler, if they're bringing her up, it should be as Enzo & Cass' valet. Smackdown's pointless women's division needs more bodies I guess.

This draft like all draft before it was weird. Why split up The Club and Wyatts? Splitting the Wyatts now means they won't beat The New Day at battleground. With The Club they could be going for Balor Club, but after all the AJ is the leader stuff it would seem kind of weird for Finn to just take over. Wasn't Carmella Enzo's and Cass's valet/manager, why put them on different shows? Putting Alberto Del Rio and Paige on different shows seems kind of mean. Overall, the talent split was okay, but it seems like Smackdown is going to be the B show for the main stream wwe audience to get use to talent like asuka and nakamura when they are done in nxt.

They've wanted to push Braun to the moon for a while, last time they tried the fans rebelled, now they're trying again. It won't work because he's still shit, but he's really, really big, and that's all that matters.

They've split up couples that they don't like before, numerous times. Vince is a dick like that.

And yeah, I guess after months of teasing Bálor Club, we'll finally be getting it. Eventually, at least.

The announce teams were indeed shuffled as well;

Raw - Cole, Corey Graves, and Byron Saxton

SmackDown - Mauro Ranallo, JBL, and David Otunga

David Otunga is so godawful that I might have to give the edge to Raw again there, even with Mauro on Smackdown. Graves was a huge part of making NXT compelling, huge loss, but good for him. People have wanted him to replace JBL for a long time, though I don't really mind Layfield, Graves is absolutely superior.

The club, as has been mentioned already, could easily become the Balor club again.  I've heard that Finn is a guy they want to push hard.  The Wyatt's aren't really too broken up, or at least won't be when Harper gets back.

The small split in Wyatts is understandable, Vince needs a new Giant, watching Big Show wrestlers nowadays is just too sad.

For the Club that could be building to an AJ/Balor feud for Mania...I would be down for that :)

Also for Carmella and Cass they are also dating so it makes even less sense to not have them together.

For the Club that could be building to an AJ/Balor feud for Mania...I would be down for that :)

Also for Carmella and Cass they are also dating so it makes even less sense to not have them together.

They're closer now than before. Carmella was stuck in Florida, while Cass has been traveling. At least now they'll be in the same state.

But if they really want to keep their talent happy, they'll trade Carmella for Paige.

Okay. Tonight is Battleground. I know the chances of Dean walking out as WWE Champ are slim, but I'm still going to cheer him on, hoping he does win. 

I hope Becky Lynch kicks Natalya's ass.

Winning the IC title would be great for Darren Young.

Are there really any other matches to care about?

I already posted my prediction for the Shield triple threat, so we'll see what WWE does. I swear if they just throw the title back on Roman...

Are there really any other matches to care about?

I think both 6 man tag matches will be entertaining (The Club vs. Cena/Enzo/Cass and The Wyatts vs. New Day). I don't know if you necessarily care for the storylines behind them, but they are sure to be fun at least.

Also somewhat looking forward to Charlotte/Dana vs. Sasha/mystery partner. Only to see who Sasha picked (she's been hyping it up on social media). Everyone wants it to be Bayley, but I don't think it is. Most likely are Paige, Naomi, or Nikki Bella. All of which would be underwhelming, consider Sasha's hype about it. I'm guessing it'll be someone out of left field, like Lita or AJ Lee.

Okay. Tonight is Battleground. I know the chances of Dean walking out as WWE Champ are slim, but I'm still going to cheer him on, hoping he does win. 

Putting my money on him walking out as champ.  Or, at least one of the champs.  

Seems like they'll do some kind of convoluted ending where Dean and Rollins both win and "force" the creation of a 2nd title.  Dean will be Smackdown champ, Rollins will be RAW champ and Reigns will still be in the doghouse.

Top to bottom, one of the best PPVs in a long time. Only bad match was Young/Miz.

That was a bad match, but Natalya/Becky Lynch was the worst match of the night.

Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn, my god, what a match! Definitely the best match of the night.

And DEAN IS STILL CHAMPION, BAYBAY! I went apeshit right here in my living room when Dean pinned Roman. Seriously. 

Owens/Zayn was the match of the night. Started off slow, but the second half was incredible. Hope they're done with the feud 'till the Rumble.

Shield triple threat was fine, but it didn't feel as momentous as it should've (maybe because they made the entire match about Raw/Smackdown, and they had it at Battleground). I would've preferred a Rollins win or a fuck finish that leads to a rematch at Summerslam, but whatever. I guess this is good for Smackdown, and Dean, both entities that need more credibility.

That was a bad match, but Natalya/Becky Lynch was the worst match of the night.

I don't know about that. They were both bad, but I think the crowd made Natalya/Becky seem worse than it really was.