The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

https://twitter.com/HEELZiggler/status/759872633542471680/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Maybe it's because he's been potrayed as a jobber for so long, it seems odd for him to be automatically shot straight up to the top? At least build him back up first. But whatever. Hope Ambrose pins your ass 123 and it's back to jobberville with ol' Ziggy.

https://twitter.com/HEELZiggler/status/759872633542471680/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Maybe it's because he's been potrayed as a jobber for so long, it seems odd for him to be automatically shot straight up to the top? At least build him back up first. But whatever. Hope Ambrose pins your ass 123 and it's back to jobberville with ol' Ziggy.

That's been WWE's problem for a long time. They will have someone win Money in the Bank (for example) and then have them lose constantly with the thinking "we can make them champ and people will forget all the losses"

Here is a better idea START PROTECTING PEOPLE INSTEAD OF JOBBING THEM ALL THE TIME AND THEN PEOPLE WON'T HAVE TO FORGET ALL THE LOSSES

• Like 1

Almost 30 minutes into RAW and literally nothing has happened.  What I would give for them to go back to 2 hours.

Seriously USA needs 3 hours of RAW (that is what they are paying for) so it won't go to 2 hours...but why can't they give an hour to the Cruiserweights and then make the main show 2 hours.

I can't see USA complaining about that and then the fans are happy as well.

Honestly, I wasn't a fan of tonight's Smackdown. There were some strong points, but overall it still felt like the B show, and too many of the angles felt insignificant.

- Loved the opening promo, highlight of the show by far. Better than Seth & Finn's promo, in large part I'm sure because either it wasn't scripted, or it was written and delivered so well that it felt completely natural. Dean's strength is his promos, and Dolph really stepped up his game here. I wasn't buying him as a challenger last week, but they're letting him shine, and I'm certainly looking forward to this match more than Ziggler/Corbin.

- I can appreciate the way they're booking the women, granted that it's not Sasha/Charlotte. That said, Carmella and Eva Marie are not Sasha or Charlotte, and you have to make do with what you have. Eva can't really wrestle, so they protected her here, and Carmella has no heat, so they're looking to set her up with the top heel on the show. No problem with any of that, really.

- American Alpha's debut was fine, but the crowd didn't seem to care much, and I've seen theme have dozens of better matches on NXT TV. Hopefully people catch on, they should be one of the hottest attractions on the show. The triple threat was also perfectly fine, though if I'm going to nitpick, rollups are such a weak way to win a match this important. I guess they wanted to protect Kalisto, but Crews needs a lot more than a rollup pin on an underwhelming ex-US champ if he's going to look like a credible contender.

- The AJ/Cena segment might've been the worst they've had to date. AJ's bits felt forced and clunky, except for the few bits about participation trophies, and Cena felt like he was on auto-pilot. So much less inspired than all of their previous segments. No memorable one-liners, just a long, droning promo. I'm sure the match will be great (and hopefully AJ will finally get a win) but this didn't get me excited whatsoever.

- The Orton segment was – predictably, given the quick turnover, lack of Heyman ('til the end), and circumstances – far less exciting than their segment on Raw. This felt so unimportant compared to that, and especially compared to the last time Brock had a confrontation that required security's intervention, his brawl with the Undertaker. 

- The main event was fine, though the way they incorporated the turnbuckle felt clunky. Bray started removing the cover out of nowhere, the ref saw it, Dolph finished the job, pretty sure the ref saw that too, then Dolph used it, and didn't get DQ'd, which seems odd to me, but whatever. For what it's worth, Bray getting beaten by Dolph Ziggler didn't feel like a burial, which would've been the case a few weeks/days ago, so they're doing something right.