The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I was wrong. Smackdown Live was better than RAW this week. That was awesome when Dean laid the dirty deeds on Ziggler and the crowd started chanting YES!

But apparently, during a dark match after Smackdown went off the air, Dean and Bray had a singles match, where Bray ended up getting hurt legit. The question is beginning to crop up: Is Bray Wyatt injury prone?

Eva Marie's "Wardrobe Malfunction" was actually pretty funny. 

Nattie vs Carmella was a decent match.

Orton vs Del Rio was entertaining, I like how it ended in DQ instead of Del Rio taking the loss. They really should elevate him again. 

Ryno vs Heath Slater was okay. Not great, but better than expected. 

Smackdown Live IMO was the better show this week.

Please tell me everyone here saw the Ibushi/Alexander match on the CWC on Wednesday.  Easy MOTY candidate.

Yeah, that match was amazing. It's funny, because I was catching up on CWC episodes and had just finished watching Gargano vs. Ciampa. I thought "Wow, I don't think that'll be topped", then Ibushi vs. Alexander happens on the very next episode.

Please tell me everyone here saw the Ibushi/Alexander match on the CWC on Wednesday.  Easy MOTY candidate.

Great match, but not quite on the level of Nakamura/Zayn imo. I actually might've liked the previous match even more, the chain wrestling in Tajiri vs. Metalik was some of the best I've seen. All four of those guys deserve contracts, especially Ibushi.

Speaking of MOTY candidates, has anyone been watching NJPW's G1 Climax? Kenny Omega & Tetsuya Naito put on a hell of a show last night. Check out this dive. And this. And this. And this piledriver. And this super-reverse-rana. And this Croyt's Wrath. And the finish. Or watch it on NJPW World. Hell of a match.

Edited by AxeToFall18

And yet again, another stupid asshole who thought it was a great idea to rush the ring. At the worst possible moment too, when the demon king was about to make his main roster debut.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/8/15/12495082/fan-rushes-ring-during-raw-corpus-christi-video-gif-seth-rollins-security-handle

What these sites need to realize that by showing off these morons they are just encouraging more people to do it. If everyone ignored it then people wouldn't try (as there would be nothing to gain).

Also I think hiring back Bob Holly or Kurt Angle as a "deterrent" could be good. I mean 10 minutes in the back with Holly and that story would keep these fuckers from ever trying it again.

What these sites need to realize that by showing off these morons they are just encouraging more people to do it. If everyone ignored it then people wouldn't try (as there would be nothing to gain).

Also I think hiring back Bob Holly or Kurt Angle as a "deterrent" could be good. I mean 10 minutes in the back with Holly and that story would keep these fuckers from ever trying it again.

Shit. I've seen some videos of what the wrestlers in WCW did to fans who got into the ring. Hogan really beat the hell out of that guy. But some people believe it was staged?

Shit. I've seen some videos of what the wrestlers in WCW did to fans who got into the ring. Hogan really beat the hell out of that guy. But some people believe it was staged?

Oh the wrestlers used to be able to do stuff...before lawsuits. I always liked this story by Cornette :D.

• Like 2

Well I thought Smackdown was awesome, not so much the ending. Paige and Del Rio has also been suspended for 30 days for violating the wellness policy

Looks like HHH was right about Del Rio being a bad influence on her (it was even one of the reasons they put them on different shows).  Knowing how much HHH dislikes Del Rio combined with his (Del Rio's) contract expiring in October, I'd be very surprised if we saw him on WWE TV again.  What a great happy birthday for Paige's dumbass.

Jesus!  Haven't seen this many WWE superstar suspended for the wellness policy in a while!

Makes you wonder if what was happening with Eva Marie's matches had anything to do with that.

3 superstars suspended for a wellness policy violation in 2 days. Holy moley. WTF is going on?

3 superstars suspended for a wellness policy violation in 2 days. Holy moley. WTF is going on?

It sounds like Paige knows how to party :P Seriously though...I wonder if this has anything to do with Brock not being suspended.

WWE looked really shitty when they said they couldn't suspend Brock and people think the Wellness policy is a joke...BAM 3 people suspended...now they can say "oh look it works"

• Like 1

WWE's wellness policy is the best in the business. Other sports and establishment model theirs after what Vince has going on so I don't know how others can call it a joke. The only person who got out of it unscratched is Randy Orton.

It really isn't, that honor would have to go to UFC's testing, which is provided by USADA. WWE's system is more akin to the NFL's, somewhat effective, but generally seen as a bit sketchy. I don't know of other sports where certain employees are allowed to go untested based on how often they perform, and suspension announcements will be postponed because the coach wants to play a suspended player in one more game before they serve their time. It's a flawed program built for PR and structured to make things as easy for the WWE as possible.

• Like 1

PREDICTIONS:

NXT Takeover Brooklyn II

Ember Moon vs. Billie Kay

Bobby Roode vs. Andrade 'Cien' Almas

The Revival vs. Johnny Gargano & Tomasso Ciampa

Austin Aries vs. No Way Jose

Asuka vs. Bayley

Samoa Joe vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Summerslam

Sami Zayn & Neville vs. The Dudley Boyz

American Alpha, The Hype Bros, and The Usos vs. Breezango, The Ascension, and The Vaudevillains

Becky Lynch, Carmella, and Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss, Natalya, and TBD

Cesaro vs. Sheamus

Enzo & Cass vs. Jeri-KO

The Miz vs. Apollo Crews

Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte

The New Day vs. The Club

Rusev vs. Roman Reigns

John Cena vs. AJ Styles

Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler

Seth Rollins vs. Finn Bálor

Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton

Edited by AxeToFall18