The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

A best of 7 series just for them to be made into an tag team. A bit of a slap in the face when they teased that the winner would get an opportunity at the Universal Championship, many people believing Cesaro would finally get his opportunity, only for the opportunity be for the Tag Team Championships. Eh. Hopefully it plays out into something meaningful.

I love Sasha, but damn Charlotte is growing on me. She is absolutely dominating the major heel role of the woman's division. Aaand once again, KO and Jericho were the best thing about Raw.

One of the best things about Smackdown was the lack of Commissioner/GM interventions and even screen time. A show where everything just played out naturally was just grand

A best of 7 series just for them to be made into an tag team. A bit of a slap in the face when they teased that the winner would get an opportunity at the Universal Championship, many people believing Cesaro would finally get his opportunity, only for the opportunity be for the Tag Team Championships. Eh. Hopefully it plays out into something meaningful.

This sort of reminds me of of the Matt Hardy and MVP rivalry in 2007/2008. Wrestlers that constantly try to out due each other. I'm curious to see where they will go with it.

I love Sasha, but damn Charlotte is growing on me. She is absolutely dominating the major heel role of the woman's division. Aaand once again, KO and Jericho were the best thing about Raw.

One of the best things about Smackdown was the lack of Commissioner/GM interventions and even screen time. A show where everything just played out naturally was just grand

They just said a "championship opportunity' If they were going to get a Universal Title shot they would have said that. Since they kept it vague it made it clear that it would not be for that title

Hopefully!!

Now I'm really sick about this crap "one more time Zig" so maybe he's going to lose AGAIN and gone for good!

It's honestly what would be best. Creative absolutely DESTROYED Dolph Ziggler. And if they're not careful, Ziggler's fate could fall upon Bray Wyatt.

Just caught up with Raw and Smackdown. Looks like my signature is relevant again. Sasha and Charlotte put on another great match. Rumor is the next match will be inside Hell in The Cell, which would be a first for the women.

As for Smackdown, I'm really enjoying the Miz/Ziggler feud. This is the most interested I've ever been in Dolph Ziggler. He's cutting amazing promos and putting on great matches. Looks like the brand split was a rejuvenation for him.

As for Smackdown, I'm really enjoying the Miz/Ziggler feud. This is the most interested I've ever been in Dolph Ziggler. He's cutting amazing promos and putting on great matches. Looks like the brand split was a rejuvenation for him.

I've heard several rumors (the biggest being from Ric Flair so who knows) that Sunday's going to be his last day with the company, and possibly the industry.  He's been teasing leaving for a while and I guess he's pretty active in politics and comedy, which he could pursue full time if he stops wrestling.

I've heard several rumors (the biggest being from Ric Flair so who knows) that Sunday's going to be his last day with the company, and possibly the industry.  He's been teasing leaving for a while and I guess he's pretty active in politics and comedy, which he could pursue full time if he stops wrestling.

On the other hand though, Ric enjoys saying things just to screw with people, so we'll have to see how things turn out. xD

I think he just signed a new contract in July so I would take those "rumours" with a load of salt. Also Ric is known for spewing bullshit. I mean this was his latest "claim"

http://news.nationalpost.com/arts/celebrity/halle-berry-denies-ric-flairs-claims-that-she-rode-space-mountain-says-she-has-never-even-heard-of-him

No Mercy was a very "meh" PPV. Here's why I think that.

1. The triple threat match was moved to the beginning of the show. Uh, why? All that did was give the whole PPV an unstable feeling. And to boot, the match wasn't that good, and AJ tapping out to both Cena and Ambrose was just silly. The bell rang, but the match continued. *scratching my head*. The only thing good about this match was that Cena ate the pinfall and not Ambrose, which I was suspecting  before the match.

2. Ziggler vs Miz stole the whole show. For once Ziggler can actually say he did indeed steal the show. The match was so back and forth, full of intensity and close pinfalls, I was literally on the edge of my seat. I think the whole "title vs career" thing gave this match an edgy feel from the start, and it truly delivered on every level. THIS match, should've been the main event if the triple threat match wasn't going to be.

3. Everything else about this PPV sucked. Naomi vs Alexa Bliss in particular. What a terrible match that was. Too many botches. Naomi's pin on Alexa felt rushed, like, "Oh let's just get it over with" feel to it. I think they both knew they had put on a terrible match. Same with Carmella vs Nikki Bella. It wasn't clear to me until last night what a terrible wrestler Carmella is. All she does is scream and pull hair.

4. So Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton closed out the PPV. Fair enough. The segments leading up to this match have been entertaining, so I was interested in watching it. The match itself was okay. I guess. The whole time I was saying to my Wife, "He isn't going to beat Randy clean. Watch, Luke Harper comes back tonight and helps Bray win." And what do you know? That's just what happened. Boooo. I mean, yeah, it's great that Luke Harper is back, but he's old news. I was hoping for a ghostly apparition of sister abigail or something along those lines. Instead, we're gonna get yet another Wyatt Family reunion, where the next couple of weeks on Smackdown Live it'll be the 3 of them ganging up on Orton. 

No Mercy gets a D+. Maybe a C-.

Instead, we're gonna get yet another Wyatt Family reunion, where the next couple of weeks on Smackdown Live it'll be the 3 of them ganging up on Orton. 

Actually, Erick Rowan is out for 4-6 months. Just had surgery for a torn rotator cuff.

The Wyatts have shit luck with injury timing.

The dumbest move of the split was clearly made double women and tag team division... You know, when you have only 3 active women, and Sasha is dealing with Charlotte, it's obvious the third one (Bayley) has to go in a job match with a local first (and she made a lot of mistake :facepalm: ), and Dana later...

And what did Shane & Daniel said? a 5 on 5 survivor match? Where the hell did you pick 10 women at all? the "best 5 women in SD" are clearly the unique five they had (assuming Becky is still out, otherwise Natalya/Carmella will be cut), and RAW can't even count to five, or are they putting all the garbage they could in, just to make 5?

The dumbest move of the split was clearly made double women and tag team division... You know, when you have only 3 active women, and Sasha is dealing with Charlotte, it's obvious the third one (Bayley) has to go in a job match with a local first (and she made a lot of mistake :facepalm: ), and Dana later...

And what did Shane & Daniel said? a 5 on 5 survivor match? Where the hell did you pick 10 women at all? the "best 5 women in SD" are clearly the unique five they had (assuming Becky is still out, otherwise Natalya/Carmella will be cut), and RAW can't even count to five, or are they putting all the garbage they could in, just to make 5?

Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, Dana, and Nia Jax vs. Becky, Nikki, Carmella, Alexa, and Naomi.

They'll play up the "Can these enemies coexist for their brand?" thing. Probably ends with Nia Jax as the sole survivor for Raw, destroying 2 of Smackdown's women to make her look strong (my bet is Alexa and Carmella).