The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, Dana, and Nia Jax vs. Becky, Nikki, Carmella, Alexa, and Naomi.

They'll play up the "Can these enemies coexist for their brand?" thing. Probably ends with Nia Jax as the sole survivor for Raw, destroying 2 of Smackdown's women to make her look strong (my bet is Alexa and Carmella).

Wow I completely forgot the existance of Nia Jax :)

Should be a couple of week she's not appearing in tv shows. By the way, considering Dana one of the "best 5 women in RAW" make me really sick  :facepalm:

So Paige proposed to Del Rio. 

With this on top of her upcoming Neck Surgery I can see WWE letting her go later this week. 

http://nodq.com/wwe/478680248.shtml

So Paige has gone into full blown teenage brat mode. "I wanna date the guy my daddy doesn't want me to just to piss him off". ADR being that guy and WWE being the dad. I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I'm over Paige now. Like really, you and ADR have been together a few months now and you're already engaged? Pfffffft! Yeah okay. Let's see how long that lasts. And after it's over, she's gonna feel stupid for throwing her career away for him. I mean it's her life, and all that, but from an outside perspective, it looks like she's doing this just to piss WWE off. Whatever Paige. Everyone is already starting to forget you, so keep on burying your own career. 

• Like 1

So Paige has gone into full blown teenage brat mode. "I wanna date the guy my daddy doesn't want me to just to piss him off". ADR being that guy and WWE being the dad. I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I'm over Paige now. Like really, you and ADR have been together a few months now and you're already engaged? Pfffffft! Yeah okay. Let's see how long that lasts. And after it's over, she's gonna feel stupid for throwing her career away for him. I mean it's her life, and all that, but from an outside perspective, it looks like she's doing this just to piss WWE off. Whatever Paige. Everyone is already starting to forget you, so keep on burying your own career. 

Yeah how dare she pursue personal relationships with people she loves! seriously dude this sounds like a silly temper tantrum.

She has no obligation to stick with the WWE, if she ends up leaving them. WWE's her employer not her daddy; an employer that tends to be shitty to its assets and disrespectful to hard working stars and starlets. I can perfectly understand why she'd leave if she does end up leaving and I wish her all the best with ADR; you should too.

Yeah how dare she pursue personal relationships with people she loves! seriously dude this sounds like a silly temper tantrum.

She has no obligation to stick with the WWE, if she ends up leaving them. WWE's her employer not her daddy; an employer that tends to be shitty to its assets and disrespectful to hard working stars and starlets. I can perfectly understand why she'd leave if she does end up leaving and I wish her all the best with ADR; you should too.

Dude, it's a fling! He's 15 years older than her, and she's clearly doing this just to piss WWE off. WWE are shitty to their employees, but they're the monopoly of the wrestling scene, the wal-mart of wrestling if you will. The last thing any wrestler wants to do is burn their bridges to the big stage. If you're a professional, your goal is the big stage. And it's speculated Triple H hates ADR, for whatever reason. And clearly choosing to be with a guy your employer hates just to prove you can (and totally have the right to do so by the way), is frankly quite a dumb decision. For something that will only be a fling, a temporary infatuation, doesn't seem like a just reason for sacrificing a career you worked hard for. But then again, it's her life. I'm just a fan of hers who is disappointed. 

I don't throw tantrums, by the way. I'm a grown man. I throw out opinions, for conversation sake. If you don't like my opinion, no one's twisting your arm to agree with me. 

Dude, it's a fling! He's 15 years older than her, and she's clearly doing this just to piss WWE off. WWE are shitty to their employees, but they're the monopoly of the wrestling scene, the wal-mart of wrestling if you will. The last thing any wrestler wants to do is burn their bridges to the big stage. If you're a professional, your goal is the big stage. And it's speculated Triple H hates ADR, for whatever reason. And clearly choosing to be with a guy your employer hates just to prove you can (and totally have the right to do so by the way), is frankly quite a dumb decision. For something that will only be a fling, a temporary infatuation, doesn't seem like a just reason for sacrificing a career you worked hard for. But then again, it's her life. I'm just a fan of hers who is disappointed. 

I don't throw tantrums, by the way. I'm a grown man. I throw out opinions, for conversation sake. If you don't like my opinion, no one's twisting your arm to agree with me. 

Not really. Your goal doesn't have to be the big stage. She's already made that stage and there are plenty of indie circles for ex-WWE super stars to flock to if necessary; you're making assumptions about her relationship with ADR from absolutely nil unless you have insider knowledge i'v not been clued in on yet. Could last a month, could last years. Who the fuck knows? why does it matter? she's doing nothing wrong and you're just being very pressumptious [sp?] about her relationship with ADR.

I know it's your opinion and I know we don't have to agree; I certainly don't. I just think you're being silly in how you express that opinion.

Can't believe the WWE is still just band-aiding their problem by bringing back that aging scumbag that hasn't truly wrestled in over a decade.  Seriously, F--K GOLDBERG!!!

Ok, I'll bite

What do you mean by Band-aiding their problem?

Is bringing Goldberg back really a bad decision?

Please elusidate as I wish to understand.

Ok, I'll bite

I think it has something to do with the fact that Goldberg is/was a terrible wrestler, that was made of nothing hype. After seeing that some people still get hyped for Goldberg, WWE is trying to use the so called "left over tension" from WM20 match to boost sales. Just like the Rock Vs Cena matches a few years ago, it raises sales for a minute, but overall it does nothing for the "WWE product" as a whole. 

If you have never seen them, the WCW vs WWE Monday Night War: Goldberg episode and the Goldberg vs William/Steve Regal Nitro match do a pretty good job at showing how bad Goldberg was. 

Goldberg is/was a terrible character and wrestler. Goldberg was everything wrong about WCW and bring him back is a bad idea.

• Like 1

Ok, I'll bite

Here is the major problem. They are rushing Goldberg in to tie in with the Videogame. They are also bringing him back during Football season which means that he might spike ratings a little bit but not by a huge amount because Football still eats up most of those ratings.

This means that any gain he brings will be minimal and WWE might think "oh he is not worth it"

Instead they should have brought him back for Rumble because they have a huge fucking stadium to fill and maybe Goldberg on the card would be enough to bring a few more people to Texas. Also in January football is done meaning there would be more people who would tune in to see him.

OK that is that taken care of now let us look at the match...it is going to suck.

Brock works a very physical and fast style. Goldberg is not going to be able to keep up and it is going to look bad. Add that on to the fact that Goldberg can't beat Brock so now they brought this guy back and it will get no one over...and if you beat the returning Superstar on their first night it kills their momentum. I mean WWE could have gotten tons of merch sales out of Sting but once they beat him that killed any chance of that because no kid remembered Sting from WCW and all they saw was a loser in White paint that was beaten by HHH. The same thing is going to happen to Goldberg. This is the guy that is supposed to make you excited about WWE 2K17 but once he is destroyed by Brock that goes right out the fucking window.

So in conclusion because WWE loves to fast track everything they will kill any chance of making money on this.

• Like 1

Ok, I'll bite

The WWE has, up until very recently, absolutely failed at creating new stars.  Over the last several years they've created what, two?  When you have the talent they have right now, that's unacceptable.  Vince will always have an outdated, bullheaded mentality when it comes to talent.  He still seems to obsess over a wrestler's look more than anything and he sways back and forth with guys far too often.  One second he's super high up on a guy and wants to push him to the moon, the next, he cools off and sacrifices him to someone who absolutely doesn't need it.  This trend has caused guys who are aging and moving on (Cena, HHH, Undertaker, etc) to shoulder the ratings burdon while they're mostly unavailable and the fresh, young talent gets pushed aside and relegated to midcard purgatory.  Vince's answer to the lack of main event talent (which he's responsible for) is to bring in a "big name" part-timer so the ratings can spike for a couple weeks.  Now the guys of the future get sacrificed to them for a quick pop and the problem gets worse.  

Vince has absolutely no patience with a push any more.  If a guy's not IMMEDIATELY over like crazy he will abandon them and go wrap up in his old blanket of aging comfort.  Luckily HHH has a bit of a different mindset and that's why we're seeing extremely talented guys like Finn finally get shots.  If it were up to Vince the Wrestlemania headliner this year would be Cena vs. Orton for the ten-thousandth time.  

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 2

While I couldn't care less with what Paige does with her personal life, it's pretty obvious she's making a mistake.  She's a girl, in her early twenties, proposing to a much older man, one that has a reputation for being a pretty hard partyer, that she's been with for a matter of months.  Oh yeah, the divorce he's currently going through isn't finalized yet either.  Anyone with any amount of common sense can see the red flags there.

Also, here's a quote put out there by Paige's father:

“Putting this out there then saying no more, about it to anyone I am totally against my daughter marrying that man statement over.” 

Again, I do not care, at all, about what Paige does with her personal life but as a 37 year man old who's seen, and made, the same type of mistakes, she's being beyond stupid.

Edited by skidmarkgn

The Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar segment was a train wreak. Heyman is normally gold on the mic but that was hard to watch.

I think the idea behind that promo and stuttering was to show how rattled he was about Goldberg accepting the challenge, although after watching it a couple of times its still awful to watch :(

The Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar segment was a train wreak. Heyman is normally gold on the mic but that was hard to watch.

This might shed a little more light as to why it was a train wreck. I feel like Vince would've learned by now it's extremely hard to control who the fans chant for and boo. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/1025/618725/vince-mcmahon-reportedly-blew-a-gasket-during-brock-lesnar/

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

Anyone else feel like that the goal was for Heyman to get the crowd to chant for Goldberg? but damn, a "Goldberg sucks" chant ringing around the arena is the complete opposite of what they wanted, can't recall the last time they canned a live promo

Actually, that was exactly what was supposed to happen, and same. It hurts even more knowing it was a Heyman promo that got canned, so that really sucks.