The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

15 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Fuck me...they actually did it...they are doing the dumbest thing for WM they can :(

I was actually interested in the Rumble but now that Taker is in it...and is probably winning it this just sucks. THEN they have Roman lose the US title because he is probably going to win the Universal Title at the Rumble.

That means we are actually going to get Cena vs Taker for the belt at Mania and Roman vs Braun for the belt at Mania and THAT IS JUST HORRIBLE.

Why can't they just have Jericho win the Rumble and go on to face Owen for the title at Mania and have Jericho win...that is what most people want to see. They could have still done Roman vs Braun for the US title and John vs Taker in just a match (they are both big enough stars they don't need the title) and then AJ could have faced someone...like Finn or Joe or Shinsuke and we could have had a great Mania :(

I actually think it'll be more like Braun vs. Taker, Brock vs Goldberg, AJ vs. Cena (WWE Title), Owens vs Jericho (US Title), Roman vs. whoever wins the Rumble (Universal Title), and Seth vs HHH.

I'd actually love to see Cena/Taker and maybe AJ/Orton?

54 minutes ago, PREDRAG-K said:

I actually think it'll be more like Braun vs. Taker, Brock vs Goldberg, AJ vs. Cena (WWE Title), Owens vs Jericho (US Title), Roman vs. whoever wins the Rumble (Universal Title), and Seth vs HHH.

I'd actually love to see Cena/Taker and maybe AJ/Orton?

What makes you think that they will make Braun vs Taker? It seems like a weird angle to me.

2 hours ago, Kingphisher_IX said:

What makes you think that they will make Braun vs Taker? It seems like a weird angle to me.

Braun vs Taker was an angle that Vince was interested in for last year's WM but the idea was quickly squashed from online backlash. Braun has improved a lot since last year and has had a good build with which I wouldn't be surprised if Vince wants to have his idea finally come into fruition. The short shot of Braun watching Taker's promo from this week's Raw is interesting too. 

I want to see Sami Zayn win the Rumble, and challenge KO at WM only for Balor to make his return and to have Zayn vs Balor vs KO (I can dream).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Honestly, this will be a good match. And will probably be Taker's last match. It will be legendary. To finally see him get carried away in a hearse, never to be seen again.

As for Roman losing the US Title last night- I knew it was going to happen. This is what Vince wants. Roman as Universal champion. Whoop dee doo, watch that idea fall flat on it's face. AGAIN.

Oh I think Cena vs Taker will be a great match...it just doesn't need to be for the title. I think that part is the mistake.

I was honestly trying to figure out who AJ is going to face. Cena vs Taker and probably Ambrose vs Miz...that really only leaves Baron Corbin and that is a scary thought for Mania.

I mean I hope if AJ doesn't have the title they let him face any of these 4 men

1. Balor

2. Joe

3. Nakamura

4...Kurt Angle :)

Well smackdown live just end, and I thought it was pretty solid. In my opinion, Ziggler's heel turn looks interesting, Ambrose/Miz  were enjoyable, Wyatts vs AA was alright and the feud between Alexa and Becky is decent. I only have two complaints:

1. Ending of Cena vs Corbin match. To me, I feel Cena shouldn't have won that match. You could make an arguement that is just to make a build up match for AJ vs Cena at the rumble and I would agree with you to a degree. Although he isn't my favorite, I feel he should've won and develop a little bit more.

2. Steel cage match with Alexa and Becky. Not saying it's going to be bad as I do enjoy the feud between them. It's just the trend of "Use steel cage matches to stop outside interference" cliche is becoming very vapid and tedious. Maybe it's a personal pet peeve, but it feels like I have seen this one thousand times. You might as well call it a Paper-mâché match, as the steel cage is structurally secure as Paper-mâché door held together by cheap glue.

But SD has been on a roll lately and has shown bigger promise of utilizing a storyline better than Raw, so I'll give them a chance. 

Maybe it's just me.

8 hours ago, Kingphisher_IX said:

Pretty much what Skyes said. They've been building Braun way too good to not have him wrestle at Wrestlemania. He's been an unstoppable monster. Unless they have an underdog beat him, I can see him take on Taker.

Last time I watched an episode of whatever WWE calls their TV shows now, Randy Orton, in his pre-douchy sleeve tattoo era, was showing off on the mic after kicking the ass of yet another aging wrestler. Going on about how much he had accomplished at only 25. Then he asked all the other 25 year olds in the audience to stand up, I guess to compare and contrast how he looked compared to how they did. Naturally, all the 25 year olds in the audience were overweight rednecks. I remember a lot of booing and disgusted comments from the "good guy" commentator, and the only thing I could think was, "It's a wrestling show, what'd you expect? Target demographic."

Edited by damon8r351

On 2017-01-10 at 6:03 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh I think Cena vs Taker will be a great match...it just doesn't need to be for the title. I think that part is the mistake.

I was honestly trying to figure out who AJ is going to face. Cena vs Taker and probably Ambrose vs Miz...that really only leaves Baron Corbin and that is a scary thought for Mania.

I mean I hope if AJ doesn't have the title they let him face any of these 4 men

1. Balor

2. Joe

3. Nakamura

4...Kurt Angle :)

Just want to say...I made a prediction about Angle about a week ago. I am not saying he is going to face AJ but that would be pretty cool.

15 hours ago, SkyesUnholy said:

@Razza how was the UK tournament as a whole from someone who watched it live in person? I didn't get to watch it, but I watched some highlights and saw a lot of promise for some of the wrestlers

Yeah was great to see it :D I've seen a few of these guys live before for local promotions before (Trent Seven, Conners and Dunne) so was awesome to watch these guys getting the recognition they deserve to get :D only shame was I could only get tickets for the first night but was still a great experience :D 

9Ms3uoa.jpg

not a bad view from our seats either :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, jackmadrox said:

So we're not doing the Rumble picks this year? :S

My hope is Jericho wins the Rumble. I know this probably won't happen but honestly KO and Jericho deserve to have the title match at Mania due to their awesome storyline this year. I mean I get it...Brock and Goldberg are the main eventers but it is about time Vince starts treating his other wrestlers as Main Event Stars so he doesn't have to rely on people from 20 years ago to sell his events. (and yes I know Jericho is from 20 years ago also...but at least he doesn't get a concussion from headbutting a locker)