The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

So I've been wondering who your favorite superstars and divas are.

Mine are:

Superstars

1. CM Punk

2. Chris Jericho

3. Brock Lesnar

4. Daniel Bryan

5. Eddie Guerrero

Divas

1. Lita

2. Layla

3. Mickie James

4. Trish Stratus

5. Natalya

A tough decision indeed and in no particular order.

Superstars:

1. Edge
  2. Jeff Hardy
  3. Rob Van Dam
  4. Cody Rhodes
  5. CM Punk and Chris Jericho [TIE]

Divas:

1. Lita
  2. Mickie James
  3. AJ Lee
  4. Kaitlyn
  5. Alicia Fox

I was thinking they should bring back the Cruiserweight Title or Lightweight Title as well, but then I realized that NxT has championship belts as well. I mean, it'd be nice to bring one of those back so the "jobbers" have something to work for instead of ultimately never being majorly pushed.

I don't get why they put all the divas on one match and finish it in 5 minutes, how many actually got tagged this monday? 3? Ugh, seriously WWE, let the division die already.

NO!!  I want my eye candy!!  Besides, once Paige arrives, I promise you, the division will be revived.  Add to the fact that Mickie James and Michelle Mccool are supposed to return, I think we are in for a surprise.

Edited by drummerklg
  • Like 1

NO!!  I want my eye candy!!  Besides, once Paige arrives, I promise you, the division will be revived.  Add to the fact that Mickie James and Michelle Mccool are supposed to return, I think we are in for a surprise.

Add Victoria to that list of possible returns. Her contract with TNA expired so she could join Mickie back in WWE soon.

"Revived" is a tough sell.  Paige is great but she's going to come in as (for the most part) an unknown.  The vast majority of WWE fans aren't IWC folks, they're people who spend zillions of dollars on Cena merchandise because they think he's the best guy in the business.  Look at Gail Kim.  She's easily one of the best females in the business.  She and Awesome Kong were headlining Impact and putting on 5 star matches.  She comes to WWE and splat, nothing.  Even her exit from the company was falling to her back, rolling out of the ring and walking up the ramp 30 seconds into a "divas battle royal"... no one noticed.

As for Mickie James, everything I've read said the WWE has "minimal" interest in bringing her back.  If they do, all they're gonna do is call her fat and drag her through the mud. 

"Revived" is a tough sell.  Paige is great but she's going to come in as (for the most part) an unknown.  The vast majority of WWE fans aren't IWC folks, they're people who spend zillions of dollars on Cena merchandise because they think he's the best guy in the business.  Look at Gail Kim.  She's easily one of the best females in the business.  She and Awesome Kong were headlining Impact and putting on 5 star matches.  She comes to WWE and splat, nothing.  Even her exit from the company was falling to her back, rolling out of the ring and walking up the ramp 30 seconds into a "divas battle royal"... no one noticed.

As for Mickie James, everything I've read said the WWE has "minimal" interest in bringing her back.  If they do, all they're gonna do is call her fat and drag her through the mud. 

Seeing as how they are really religous about BE A STAR now, I don't think they will do something like that again.  And you and me both know she is thick ;) Not fat.

Edited by drummerklg

So been hearing rumors that RVD might win the WHC @ Battlegrounds only to lose the belt to Sandow, which will then make Sandow officially a member of Triple H's Corporate Family, this story line is being discussed so Sandow can re-new his feud with Cody Rhodes... seems pretty legit

Would rather he feud with Ziggler but Cody's good too.  I also really hope they let Dustin be Dustin instead of Gold dust if they're going to continue with the direction they're going in.  The "crowd attack" just seemed off when he had his face painted.

So been hearing rumors that RVD might win the WHC @ Battlegrounds only to lose the belt to Sandow, which will then make Sandow officially a member of Triple H's Corporate Family, this story line is being discussed so Sandow can re-new his feud with Cody Rhodes... seems pretty legit

I would like to see that, Sandow has almost the same gimmick Triple H had in the beginning. And Cody deserves some top tier fights.

Anybody else feel like Battleground is an unneeded PPV?

They already have Hell In The Cell at the end of October, could've been building up these feuds more for that PPV.

Battleground is just a filler PPV, I doubt we see any major changes storyline wise, just more continuation of everything.

They already have Hell In The Cell at the end of October, could've been building up these feuds more for that PPV.

Battleground is just a filler PPV, I doubt we see any major changes storyline wise, just more continuation of everything.

never thought about it that way but makes sense 

Yep, you nailed it, not changes whatsoever in anything. Except for the Rhodes storyline (wich we all knew how was going to end) no feud made a significant advace.

The worst is, the WWE title match was actually pretty good, the best they've showed in the last month in my opinion, and they ruined it with this Big Show nonsense.

I'd take it one step further and say it's an absolute rip-off.  Charging $55 for what they delivered is insulting.  One of the matches was put together the morning of the freakin' PPV for crying out loud.  I feel bad for anyone that wasted their money on that garbage, glad I didn't.

The one thing worth talking about after that PPV, right here:

Edited by skidmarkgn

I'd take it one step further and say it's an absolute rip-off.  Charging $55 for what they delivered is insulting.  One of the matches was put together the morning of the freakin' PPV for crying out loud.  I feel bad for anyone that wasted their money on that garbage, glad I didn't.

The one thing worth talking about after that PPV, right here:

Yeah, but then they did it on Raw again anyway. Slap in the face for those who actually paid for the ppv. Oh well Hell In the Cell should be good.

I guess this Rhodes hype is building up for a title run anda feud against The Shield.

Also, HBK is back? Hell in a Cell is going to end up in one of these 3 ways:

1) HBK superkicks Orton and Bryan wins WWE title.

2) HBK superkicks Bryan and Orton wins WWE title.

3) HBK superkicks HHH and Bryan/Orton wins WWE title.

I must say, everybody is specting 1 or 3, I hope option 2 happens so we can see HBK turning heel and supporting his pal HHH on what is best for bussines.

• Like 1

I guess this Rhodes hype is building up for a title run anda feud against The Shield.

Also, HBK is back? Hell in a Cell is going to end up in one of these 3 ways:

1) HBK superkicks Orton and Bryan wins WWE title.

2) HBK superkicks Bryan and Orton wins WWE title.

3) HBK superkicks HHH and Bryan/Orton wins WWE title.

I must say, everybody is specting 1 or 3, I hope option 2 happens so we can see HBK turning heel and supporting his pal HHH on what is best for bussines.

I don't see an HBK heel turn happening. He's a hall of famer now, and a retired wrestler. I don't think anyone would boo him even if he was to turn heel. There are a few guys who are at the point where no matter heel or face, they'll get cheered just out of pure respect, and HBK is one of them.

I see HBK helping out Bryan though, maybe set up a teacher and student alliance. Have HBK in Bryan's corner to counteract HHH in Orton's corner.

Edited by PREDRAG-K