The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

16 hours ago, SkyesUnholy said:

I've read that the match could be done to "pass the torch" and I fucking loathe that idea. If it's not to "pass the torch" and it's to cement a solid heel run then your approach seems a lot more natural and I'd be able to accept that much more easily xD

There's really no torch to be passed.  I'm sure Vince disagrees but when Taker lost, the immense push that someone could have received went poof.  Then it was further disgraced by having Taker's hand picked guy get destroyed (twice) by one of the biggest pieces of shit in the industry.  There's just no way putting Reigns over would do anything but generate more hate.  If Vince can't see that then there really is no hope left for one of the biggest opportunities in the company.  A new, legitimate, top heel.

• Like 1

While Smackdown is still putting on a great show, Raw continues to crumble as did Rome (could it be could because of Roman Reigns?). Braun Strowman and Baron Corbin have greatly improved and that's great to see. I haven't been following WWE to the fullest, but outside of that, I have some news. March 3rd, Ricochet/Prince Puma is coming to KFW and I'm going to have the opportunity to be in the same locker room, how cool is that!?

1. It's about damn time Bray won the WWE Championship. He deserves it, and has deserved it for years. I hope he gets a big Wrestlemania moment. 

2. Cena/Nikki vs. Miz/Maryse was rumored for this year as well. Supposed to be Nikki's retirement match. Looks like the seeds for that were planted last night as well (Nikki bumping into Maryse backstage and getting her dress dirty. And Cena eliminating Miz).

3. Congrats to Bayley tonight. I'm betting she retains at Fastlane, beating Charlotte on PPV and unknowingly making Sasha jealous (since Sasha couldn't do that). Set the Sasha heel turn slowly, leading to Bayley vs. Sasha 3 at Wrestlemania. Judging by their last 2 matches, and this years' rumored card, they'll likely steal the show.

4. KO just broke my heart. I hope this leads to KO vs. Jericho at Wrestlemania, and Jericho takes the title from him. If any part timer deserves one last run, it's Jericho. This past year has been one of his most entertaining in his entire career. I hope they do the smart thing and have Brock cost Goldberg the title at Fastlane as revenge for being embarrassed twice. Brock vs. Goldberg doesn't need the title.

8 minutes ago, PREDRAG-K said:

1. It's about damn time Bray won the WWE Championship. He deserves it, and has deserved it for years. I hope he gets a big Wrestlemania moment. 

2. Cena/Nikki vs. Miz/Maryse was rumored for this year as well. Supposed to be Nikki's retirement match. Looks like the seeds for that were planted last night as well (Nikki bumping into Maryse backstage and getting her dress dirty. And Cena eliminating Miz).

3. Congrats to Bayley tonight. I'm betting she retains at Fastlane, beating Charlotte on PPV and unknowingly making Sasha jealous (since Sasha couldn't do that). Set the Sasha heel turn slowly, leading to Bayley vs. Sasha 3 at Wrestlemania. Judging by their last 2 matches, and this years' rumored card, they'll likely steal the show.

4. KO just broke my heart. I hope this leads to KO vs. Jericho at Wrestlemania, and Jericho takes the title from him. If any part timer deserves one last run, it's Jericho. This past year has been one of his most entertaining in his entire career. I hope they do the smart thing and have Brock cost Goldberg the title at Fastlane as revenge for being embarrassed twice. Brock vs. Goldberg doesn't need the title.

sadly Goldberg probably will win. Unless Y2J attacked KO and caused a DQ again but i bet Foley would come out and say no dq now lol

Surprising fact that Kevin Owens ended his friendship with Chris Jericho, Goldberg will kick KO's ass much faster now at Fastlane (unless something else happens, like Brock Lesnar to interrupt the match).

Bray Wyatt has got it, he defeated John Cena and AJ Styles in a triple-threat match. He's going to face Randy Orton at Wrestlemania, let's see what will happen. 

Edited by ee28max

Didn't watch Smackdown, but I saw that Randy actually refused to face Bray for the title at Wrestlemania, so there's going to be a battle royal next week to determine the next #1 contender. This is gonna be interesting to see where it goes. Maybe Randy is actually gonna go after the Universal Championship? Or maybe for now he's just getting Bray to trust him more and he'll be all "jk" later as Wrestlemania comes and end up turning the title match into a triple threat.

On 2/14/2017 at 1:19 AM, PREDRAG-K said:

I've heard Jericho (and Taker for that matter) told Vince he's done after WM.  And, knowing Vince, Lesner/Cock-berg will be for the title at WM, because he, and only he, will think it's a great idea and screw long term planning.

So Smackdown last night was pretty good. However, Randy refusing to face Bray in the main event at WM, thus giving up his spot in said main event, is kind of upsetting. Because it pretty much renders that whole Royal Rumble match useless and a waste of time. On the other hand, I am interested to see where this goes.

Looks like Cena's turning over a new leaf in the final stages of his career, as he was apparently the one who "insisted" on taking the pin by Bray in that freakin' amazing triple threat match last week.  Hopefully the bury everyone Cena's gone and he's taking the Jericho route, demanding to put some fresh talent over.  Seems pretty cool that the guy that completely derailed Wyatt is also gonna be the guy trying to rebuild him.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Looks like Cena's turning over a new leaf in the final stages of his career, as he was apparently the one who "insisted" on taking the pin by Bray in that freakin' amazing triple threat match last week.  Hopefully the bury everyone Cena's gone and he's taking the Jericho route, demanding to put some fresh talent over.  Seems pretty cool that the guy that completely derailed Wyatt is also gonna be the guy trying to rebuild him.

My only problem with this is it is like HHH. People are praising HHH now for NXT and things like that but he spent a good many years burying everyone so the company was left in a position where Cena and Orton were really the only two marketable names.

Then Cena began killing everyone so no one got over (I am not fully blaming Cena but he was known to change matches as well).

So now we are in a situation where no one is really over and now Cena and HHH are getting credit for putting talent over...but it is partly their fault to begin with.

I mean people are excited for Bray's win but I am skeptical. We will see after Mania how he is handled but for the past several years he was basically a Job guy and now he is the champion...maybe if they didn't 50/50 book all the time it would be more exciting when people get titles.

14 hours ago, locutus442 said:

RIP Ivan Koloff as well.

With Chavo Sr and I guess Nicole Bass that is 4 wrestler deaths in a week

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

My only problem with this is it is like HHH. People are praising HHH now for NXT and things like that but he spent a good many years burying everyone so the company was left in a position where Cena and Orton were really the only two marketable names.

Then Cena began killing everyone so no one got over (I am not fully blaming Cena but he was known to change matches as well).

So now we are in a situation where no one is really over and now Cena and HHH are getting credit for putting talent over...but it is partly their fault to begin with.

None the less, I'm still willing to give credit when it's due.  I'd much rather them de-scumbag now and try and benefit the young talent than make like Hogan or Goldberg and just scumbag 4-LIFE!!  

I'm sure Triple H was responsible for the end-of-friendship for Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho last week Monday. They were having a little meeting at the backstage (we couldn't hear what they were saying). If there won't be any interruption at Fastlane, then KO's ass will be kicked much faster by Goldberg (I doubt it though). Also, congrats to Bayley. That rivalry never seems to end at all. Next thing you know, Charlotte becomes the 4-time RAW Women's Champion :lol:.

We'll see what happens tonight on RAW :).

5 hours ago, ee28max said:

Next thing you know, Charlotte becomes the 4-time RAW Women's Champion :lol:.

I predict by 2018 Charlotte will be a 20 time Women's Champion.

5 hours ago, ee28max said:

We'll see what happens tonight on RAW :).

I'm probably going to skip RAW tonight like I did last Monday and catch the highlights online.

2 minutes ago, jackmadrox said:

I predict by 2018 Charlotte will be a 20 time Women's Champion.

I'm probably going to skip RAW tonight like I did last Monday and catch the highlights online.

:lol: That might happen. Watching highlights is also okay, I have been doing that last year. I just haven't followed this thread by then. I'm sure following it from this year on :).