The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Weird all this happens right around her new movie being filmed and coming out...sounds like a good way to get publicity for all that :)

I haven't seen the videos (don't have a desire to) but this kind of things happen all the time

I called it months ago on my PSNP status. I knew it was going to happen. Bye bye Paige. :(

So dumb that Roman will beat Braun AGAIN. No one likes Roman. I think its evident when The Rock comes out to try to get cheers and the fans still boo Roman,

With Brock beating Goldberg and expecting to hold it till Mania 34 in a losing effort to Roman, it leads me to think Raw is going to be shit. So many good title feuds that could be money makers but put on backburner now. these guys deserve good runs with the belt

Balor, Rollins, Joe, hell, even a Zayn Owens feud for top title. 

ANYONE BUT ROMAN

55 minutes ago, jackmadrox said:

Speaking of Balor, when the hell is he going to return to RAW?

I'm predicting he won't make an appearance until mania. Where it will be HHH And Samoa Joe beating down on Rollins and Valor makes the save, setting up Balor vs Joe on the main roster as well as keeping the Rollins/HHH fued going :)

I loved wwf has a kid, ultimate warrior jack the snake, the model, legion of doom, they all had there own little gimmicks that was awesom for the kids of the early 90s, 1993-1996 wrestling was poor but then bang the attitude era arises and it was just fantastic, wrestling today is poor to much talking why to many Ppv and guys winning titles like 15 times. I know the attitude era will never return but wrestling needs to fix up its has bad as the current wwe games.

2 hours ago, afc-razor-84 said:

I loved wwf has a kid, ultimate warrior jack the snake, the model, legion of doom, they all had there own little gimmicks that was awesom for the kids of the early 90s, 1993-1996 wrestling was poor but then bang the attitude era arises and it was just fantastic, wrestling today is poor to much talking why to many Ppv and guys winning titles like 15 times. I know the attitude era will never return but wrestling needs to fix up its has bad as the current wwe games.

The thing about the Attitude era is it was actually pretty shit.

They completely devalued both the titles and any sort of realism. I mean you had people taking 8 chair shots, 3 garbage cans, 2 flaming tables and they would just get right back up. It made it impossible for people to actually sell anymore because everything had been done to death.

On top of that most of the storylines were terrible (bossman eating a dog, val venis getting his penis cut off, mae young trying to fuck everyone). The thing is you had very good, compelling people on top and that made it seem better than it was.

Nowadays you may not have the "It" factor but you have far superior wrestlers that can actually go in the ring and really the only thing missing is Vince and co to stop scripting all the lines and let people go out and talk like they are themselves instead of crappy actors.

• Like 3

RAW (20/3/2017): I feel sorry for Mick being fired -_-. It was great while he lasted as General Manager. I like what Triple H has done. Giving Seth Rollins a week to come back and sign the contract, so we're gonna see 'em fight at WrestleMania! :D. If the Undertaker didn't interrupt the match, I'm sure Roman would've won, again. The Deadman chokeslamed Strowman and he looked quite exhausted :lol:. The Big Dog speared him half-to-death. He still got up and he said he would "retire" him at WM? Good luck with that, man.

4 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

The thing about the Attitude era is it was actually pretty shit.

They completely devalued both the titles and any sort of realism. I mean you had people taking 8 chair shots, 3 garbage cans, 2 flaming tables and they would just get right back up. It made it impossible for people to actually sell anymore because everything had been done to death.

On top of that most of the storylines were terrible (bossman eating a dog, val venis getting his penis cut off, mae young trying to fuck everyone). The thing is you had very good, compelling people on top and that made it seem better than it was.

Nowadays you may not have the "It" factor but you have far superior wrestlers that can actually go in the ring and really the only thing missing is Vince and co to stop scripting all the lines and let people go out and talk like they are themselves instead of crappy actors.

Seriously the attitude era was crap? It put wcw of business, the chair shots backstage brawls and things like that was what made it great, it had the best wrestlemania's and the best wrestlers off any generation, it also set the bench mark for matches like hell in a cell ladder matches and I quit matches, now a days u get wrestlers winning 15 world titles in 2 years, how many times have cena, edge, randy orton, and lesner won titles probably 80+ times between them all. I'm not hating on wrestling I stopped watching it in 2008 but after undertaker shawn micheal and hhh got to old and people like the miz boogie man and Batista took over it just wasn't the same plus it went all PG rating.

SmackDown LIVE (21/3/2017): I'm still confused about AJ Styles being fired or not. It was an unexpected moment when Shane crashed into him through the announce table :lol:. Nikki's kicks for WM look cool. Ambrose returned to challenge Corbin at WM for the Intercontinental champion. Corbin's match with Randy was cool. He got attacked by Wyatt at backstage. Not sure who those goats were though. WM just in a week, I can't wait. 

On 2017-03-21 at 9:18 AM, afc-razor-84 said:

Seriously the attitude era was crap? It put wcw of business, the chair shots backstage brawls and things like that was what made it great, it had the best wrestlemania's and the best wrestlers off any generation, it also set the bench mark for matches like hell in a cell ladder matches and I quit matches, now a days u get wrestlers winning 15 world titles in 2 years, how many times have cena, edge, randy orton, and lesner won titles probably 80+ times between them all. I'm not hating on wrestling I stopped watching it in 2008 but after undertaker shawn micheal and hhh got to old and people like the miz boogie man and Batista took over it just wasn't the same plus it went all PG rating.

WCW was put out of business because they were spending too much money on wrestlers, they kept hotshotting angles turning off viewers and then AOL/Time Warner merger happened and the new boss didn't want wrestling anymore so he just ended it. Without TV WWF was able to buy it for nothing.

If you actually think the wrestling was better you really need to go and compare the two again. It isn't even close when you compare the athletic talent of now vs then.

All those awesome chair shots and stuff you love...led to a lot of wrestlers dying at a very early age. Also if everyone is getting hit with blunder it limits the affect it has. You can know longer run injury angles properly because it is hard to explain how someone can get hit in the head 8 times with a chair and are back next week...and then someone legitimately hurts themselves and are off for 6 months. 

Finally you really really think the title situation was better in the Attitude era? That was the era that started the quick title changes. You had the belt changing every month or so and that became the norm for a long time. It is only now that they are starting to slow that down because the AE love hotshotting ratings.

Finally the PG vs 14A thing is so dumb to compare. Just because something is PG doesn't mean it is bad. Story telling and performance makes it bad or good...showing boobs and saying asshole is just window dressing.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:54 AM, Dr_Mayus said:

I mean you had people taking 8 chair shots, 3 garbage cans, 2 flaming tables and they would just get right back up.

And they were able to get back up. If wrestlers today got dealt that punishment, they'd be retired instantly. Wrestlers today are too damn fragile.

RAW (3/27/2017): Seth's back, I was really glad. Looks like he's gonna face Triple H at WM now. Still not sure whether The Undertaker will "retire" at WM as RR says it himself. Although Goldberg may have beaten Brock, I'm still sure he'll lose at WM, I mean, he's too old. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

So here is an odd thought...and I know it is probably not going to happen...but if Dixie Carter were to show up at Mania in Orlando do you think she would get booed out of the building or would get a "this is awesome" chant.

What a golden chance to create the most hated female heel since Vicky.  Imagine Steph coming out and going on about how awful Mick was as a leader and a man, followed by saying she realized that choosing a man was her first, and biggest mistake because of how inherently dumb men are.  Even her own husband's only solution to a problem is to hit it.  Then, she announces that she's found someone new to run RAW.  Someone with experience.  Someone with grace.  Someone who knows how to REALLY solve a problem instead of just punching it.  Oh yeah, RAW's new GM is... Dixie Carter!!

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

So here is an odd thought...and I know it is probably not going to happen...but if Dixie Carter were to show up at Mania in Orlando do you think she would get booed out of the building or would get a "this is awesome" chant.

Dixie Carter is the president of TNA, right? 

1 hour ago, skidmarkgn said:

What a golden chance to create the most hated female heel since Vicky.  Imagine Steph coming out and going on about how awful Mick was as a leader and a man, followed by saying she realized that choosing a man was her first, and biggest mistake because of how inherently dumb men are.  Even her own husband's only solution to a problem is to hit it.  Then, she announces that she's found someone new to run RAW.  Someone with experience.  Someone with grace.  Someone who knows how to REALLY solve a problem instead of just punching it.  Oh yeah, RAW's new GM is... Dixie Carter!!

OK I didn't even think about that but that story line would be awesome....for about 5 minutes...but those 5 minutes would be awesome :D

The only thing I would add to it would HHH comes out immediately afterwards and says "Dixie, I have 2 words for you, Samoa Joe" and then Joe and a bunch of Ninjas come out and carry Dixie away and they throw her in a car trunk and drive away.

It could explain why Joe doesn't have a match at Mania ^_^

8 minutes ago, ee28max said:

Dixie Carter is the president of TNA, right? 

Not anymore. I think she still holds some bullshit title but she has 0 responsibility and isn't on TV anymore

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

OK I didn't even think about that but that story line would be awesome....for about 5 minutes...but those 5 minutes would be awesome :D

I think I could milk that shit until November.  Steph could brag constantly about how amazing Dixie is and how she's making decision after decision that is best for business.  Meanwhile, Dixie's answer to everything is literally "I don't know Ms. McMahon, what do you think".  She'd be an empty suiting yes-(wo)man.   Steph's power tripping ego gets so out of control that...

HHH gets so fed up with Dixie's inability to do anything that he creates a stable of Joe, AJ (or Aries if you don't want AJ to trade shows), and the newly called up Eric Young to systematically take her out.  Leading up to a traditional Survivor Series match that actually means something.  Something like Joe, Young, Aries and the recently resigned Hardys (or Enzo &Cass if the Hardy deal doesn't get done) vs. Shaemus, Rusev, Neville, Anderson and Gallows. If HHH's team wins, Dixie's done.