The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Bray Wyatt needs to go back to NXT or at the very least, take a sabbatical, as his character has zero-credibility at the moment. Also, why do we keep putting the belt back on Orton? Outside of the RKO, there's almost nothing compelling about that guy.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, darkamdusias said:

Bray Wyatt needs to go back to NXT or at the very least, take a sabbatical, as his character has zero-credibility at the moment. Also, why do we keep putting the belt back on Orton? Outside of the RKO, there's almost nothing compelling about that guy.

He was most interesting during his Legend Killer days. Now hes just a snore fest. 

Bray Wyatt has done the job to pretty much every babyface on the roster and has barely ever gotten one over. They took the most interesting character they have and just ruined him over and over. I don't get it either, he's a great talker, works well for a big man and the fans like him...

On 30 March 2017 at 5:59 AM, Dr_Mayus said:

That is so true. I mean I saw people complaining about Bailey giving the Dusty Bear to Goldust and the Club destroying it as "bad taste"

The Attitude Era had Steph being crucified, Bossman being hung, Kane setting fire to everyone, Bossman desecrating Big Show's father's grave, Bossman eating Al Snow's dog...actually Bossman is on this list a lot.

It was full off story lines even for the wrestlers at the bottom and yes Austin and the rock did have 3 matches at WM and they were brilliant, but look now cena orton edge and hhh have won the title around 50+ times between them it's ridiculous this is why they need to cut down on Ppv events the titles changes hands to many times. Even the the old days with warrior, hulk, legion of doom and jake the snake were better then today's wrestlers, they wasn't better wrestlers but they had more class, I really can't say much for today's standards because I don't watch it but I do watch the main Ppv like WM  summerslam and the royal rumble, even survivor series ain't what it used to be hence the name survivor series 8 man tag matches,

SmackDown LIVE (4/4/2017): I was so surprised to see Nakamura and Dillinger's debut on SD LIVE. I'm glad they've finally made it to the main roster :). Another surprising reaction was seeing Eric Rowan return... Didn't see that coming at all. The best match of the night was the street fight of Dean and Corbin. Enjoyed that one. Looks like Cena will be out of SD for a while, since he usually comes back and goes. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2017 at 10:31 AM, ee28max said:

SmackDown LIVE (4/4/2017): I was so surprised to see Nakamura and Dillinger's debut on SD LIVE. I'm glad they've finally made it to the main roster :). Another surprising reaction was seeing Eric Rowan return... Didn't see that coming at all. The best match of the night was the street fight of Dean and Corbin. Enjoyed that one. Looks like Cena will be out of SD for a while, since he usually comes back and goes. 

I think hes about to go shoot a movie with Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell so I don't see him coming back till around July/August. He might make an appearance next week for the shake-up but I wouldn't be surprised to see someone put him out as a way to write him off TV. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Nakamura to Raw.

There's definitely gonna be a trade one way or the other (either Nak to RAW or someone being moved to Smackdown specifically for him) that involves Shinske.  As Matt Fowler pointed out in the wrap-up, his debut was just him coming to the ring and posing, which very much suggests his future feud isn't on the same show as him... yet.

16 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

So, no predictions for Monday? 

Becky goes to Raw, Sasha to SD.

Balor goes to SD, Nakamura to Raw.

Fanbreeze goes to Raw, Caribbean to SD.

Im willing to bet you're wrong on every one of those predictions except maybe the last one xD

I do think Becky is going to Raw but I think it will be Charolette that moves to SD. Outside of turning face and feuding with Nia Jax, she's got no one to have a program with anymore. Becky just got stale on SD really fast due to the heels being too week on that brand. 

I feel like Dean Ambrose might move to Raw with Kevin Owens going the other way.

I think New Day as a team could move to SD as well. With the Hardys now on Raw I think Raw could afford to lose a bigger named team. They'll be left with the Hardys, The Club, Enzo & Cass, The Revival and Sheamus & Cesaro which is a pretty good foundation for a tag team division for now. 

Also, this is kind of wishful thinking but I kinda hope American Alpha moves to Raw to be on the same brand as Kurt Angle but I dont know if Smackdown can afford to lose them. 

I honestly think this shake-up is to just balance out the Tag Team and Womens divisions because while Raw has had a hell of a year with the Womens division, Smackdown has struggled to even come up with a feud worthy of a Wrestlemania match. Same goes for the Smackdown tag division. 

36 minutes ago, TVDex252 said:

Im willing to bet you're wrong on every one of those predictions except maybe the last one xD

I do think Becky is going to Raw but I think it will be Charolette that moves to SD. Outside of turning face and feuding with Nia Jax, she's got no one to have a program with anymore. Becky just got stale on SD really fast due to the heels being too week on that brand. 

I feel like Dean Ambrose might move to Raw with Kevin Owens going the other way.

I think New Day as a team could move to SD as well. With the Hardys now on Raw I think Raw could afford to lose a bigger named team. They'll be left with the Hardys, The Club, Enzo & Cass, The Revival and Sheamus & Cesaro which is a pretty good foundation for a tag team division for now. 

Also, this is kind of wishful thinking but I kinda hope American Alpha moves to Raw to be on the same brand as Kurt Angle but I dont know if Smackdown can afford to lose them. 

I honestly think this shake-up is to just balance out the Tag Team and Womens divisions because while Raw has had a hell of a year with the Womens division, Smackdown has struggled to even come up with a feud worthy of a Wrestlemania match. Same goes for the Smackdown tag division. 

Totally agree with you about the women part, that's why i think Sasha or maybe as you said Charlotte goes to SD.

I was forgetting, after all the things that happened lately, i think Sammy might move to SD.

My predictions for the shake-up:

New Day to Smackdown- Raw has Enzo and Cass, Revival, Hardy Boyz, and The Club. Smackdown needs a big team to elevate their division. New Day losing the titles and only being hosts for Wrestlemania tells me that they are in a waiting period until they get drafted to Smackdown.

Charlotte to Smackdown- Raw just got Emma back. They are pushing Nia. And I feel like they want to slowly build this year around the Sasha/Bayley rivalry. Charlotte lost the title, and her rematch. I don't see her moving to another opponent for now. She'll go dominate the Smackdown women's division.

AJ Styles to Raw- With Nakamura debuting on Smackdown, I think WWE will want to separate these guys until later. AJ had his 'farewell' with that Shane match at Wrestlemania and face off on Smackdown. I think we're going to see the full Club reunited on Raw. Start building AJ vs Balor.

Carmella/Ellsworth to Raw- This is a smaller one. But they acknowledged Big Cass/Carmella's relationship at the Hall of Fame. I think they'll draft her just so they can travel together. They may even put her back with Enzo and Cass eventually.

Anybody who just debuted or started a storyline won't be drafted. That means The Hardy Boys, Revival, Tye Dillinger, or Nakamura. I don't think any of the champions will be drafted for obvious reasons too. You can't draft The "Smackdown Women's Champion" to Raw. They kinda screwed themselves with naming those belts.

Hey guys I'm back from the dead, excited for the shake up, but no DIY on either brand :( yes I know there aren't viable contenders to the NXT Tag Team Titles but they already had two matches with AoP. Happy to see The Hardys back in WWE, not broken enough though. Forgot about SAnitY, sorry.

Edited by vfc2012setubal

Honestly hated how they did this whole shake-up thing. I couldn't tell if it was random drawings or trades or what. Kurt Angle made it seem like they were doing trades when speaking to Sami Zayn but then on other segments they made you question it,

They should have just done a random lottery where the GMs could then make trades with each other through out the night.

So far it looks like I was right about Ambrose to Raw with Owens to SD but holy moly they just gutted the Smackdown Womens roster. It makes me think that Charolette, Dana Brooke and possibly Emma are heading over to SD. 

Last thing I wanna say is that Bray Wyatt needs to go away for a while. Please, just write him off TV for 3-4 months because his character has less credibility than James Ellsworth at this point.

37 minutes ago, TVDex252 said:

Honestly hated how they did this whole shake-up thing. I couldn't tell if it was random drawings or trades or what. Kurt Angle made it seem like they were doing trades when speaking to Sami Zayn but then on other segments they made you question it,

They should have just done a random lottery where the GMs could then make trades with each other through out the night.

So far it looks like I was right about Ambrose to Raw with Owens to SD but holy moly they just gutted the Smackdown Womens roster. It makes me think that Charolette, Dana Brooke and possibly Emma are heading over to SD. 

Last thing I wanna say is that Bray Wyatt needs to go away for a while. Please, just write him off TV for 3-4 months because his character has less credibility than James Ellsworth at this point.

I actually liked the way they did it as it left an element of surprise, never knew who or when someone was going to come out! I was shocked at the pop that Alexa Bliss got, knew she was over but not that over lol. I do completely agree with you on the Bray Wyatt piece though.. His character is all over the place and they seem to bury him anytime he gets any credibility.

3 hours ago, REDSHIRT64 said:

Well the shake up was unpredictable, but you guys are right about Bray, he's obviously losing to Randy at Payback since he made the shift to Raw and I don't see him winning against the guy who was pushed to the moon and won the Universal belt in a month. Complicated for Bray, if Bo doesn't leave RAW we might have him in the Wyatt Family since Bray wishes his brother goes along his side.

Just seems odd to move Bray kinda out of nowhere. I mean they just had Rowan come back, now what is he going to do without Bray? Feud with Harper? Yah thats what people want to see -.- Kevin Owens moving to Smackdown! will be interesting though. Unless they somehow get Dean to drop the title to Corbin.

2 hours ago, ShadowSigmaX said:

Just seems odd to move Bray kinda out of nowhere. I mean they just had Rowan come back, now what is he going to do without Bray? Feud with Harper? Yah thats what people want to see -.- Kevin Owens moving to Smackdown! will be interesting though. Unless they somehow get Dean to drop the title to Corbin.

What I would do is have Harper/Rowen reunite as a tag team. I felt they had a lot of potential as a team but were constantly dragged down due to injuries or Bray being made to look like a jobber. 

1 hour ago, skidmarkgn said:

Well, after being back for a whole week Finn suffered a concussion in his match with Jinder (gosh, I wonder how that happened).  Gotta feeling what little push Jinder might have been getting, if at all, is done and over.

While I watched the match last night I noticed how into the fight Jinder was, trying to look intimidating but I had a feeling he wasn't sync with Balor. After he basically knocked down Finn then he was more cautious about how to work with the opponent. 

In some way reminded me the accident Mr Kennedy had with Randy. :/

Edited by GoldenShaka

12 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/finn-balor-suffers-concussion-raw/

No word on if he'll be out for any amount of time yet.

I wonder if Jinder was a last minute decision to move to Smackdown! because of that. I doubt it, but its interesting stuff. I'll be really upset if Balor is going to miss time again. So after last night everyone that should have moved shows did move including Sami finally. Hopefully he is better used on Smackdown! cause we all know how he was used terribly on RAW. Also AJ being the #1 Contender to the US Title is alittle upsetting to me. He shouldn't be competing for midcard belts. Although we all know Owens was going to beat Jericho anyway at Payback, they really telegraphed it last night.