fresquinho

The WWE Discussion Thread

5,889 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ShadowSigmaX said:

 AJ being the #1 Contender to the US Title is alittle upsetting to me. He shouldn't be competing for midcard belts. Although we all know Owens was going to beat Jericho anyway at Payback, they really telegraphed it last night.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.  The old saying the wrestler makes the title is being used to the fullest here, and right now, the U.S. title actually feels like the most important belt in the company.  KO, AJ, Sami and (I guess) Corbin all being a part of the title feud is goinna be the best thing going on both brands if they keep it up.  Honestly, who the f--k is gonna care about Reigns/Lesnar or Orton/whoever AT ALL when you got those four stealing the show every chance they get.  Come to think of it, I actually prefer AJ being in a killer feud for a "lesser" belt.  I mean, we all know if AJ was competing for a top title on either brand Vince would eventually wrap himself up in his warm comfy blanket of mediocrity and bury AJ under someone who absolutely doesn't deserve it.  He already did it once with Cena, next would inevitably be either Reigns or Orton.

 

On another note, It's looking like losing Mauro Ranallo because of JBL's bullshit is becoming the straw that broke the camel's back.  I guess there was more than one "fire Bradshaw" chant last night (I didn't watch the entire show because there were 3 things on at the same time I wanted to watch so I channel flipped).  Apparently losing a true professional to keep an obnoxious blowhard who's BFF's with the boss doesn't sit well with fans.  Vince will, of course, ignore the outcry and keep his good buddy right where he is (because anti-bullying is soooo important to him and his company) for as long as possible but, just maybe, things will get to a point where he has to listen and we won't be forced to endure JBL's "commentary" any more.

Edited by skidmarkgn
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

On another note, It's looking like losing Mauro Ranallo because of JBL's bullshit is becoming the straw that broke the camel's back.  I guess there was more than one "fire Bradshaw" chant last night (I didn't watch the entire show because there were 3 things on at the same time I wanted to watch so I channel flipped).  Apparently losing a true professional to keep an obnoxious blowhard who's BFF's with the boss doesn't sit well with fans.  Vince will, of course, ignore the outcry and keep his good buddy right where he is (because anti-bullying is soooo important to him and his company) for as long as possible but, just maybe, things will get to a point where he has to listen and we won't be forced to endure JBL's "commentary" any more.

I totally forgot to mention this. This JBL bullshit really pisses me off, and it doesn't make the WWE look good especially with their "Be A Star" program. I personally think they should get rid of JBL. I never cared for him as a wrestler, and he is honestly annoying as hell on commentary almost as annoying as King.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.  The old saying the wrestler makes the title is being used to the fullest here, and right now, the U.S. title actually feels like the most important belt in the company.  KO, AJ, Sami and (I guess) Corbin all being a part of the title feud is goinna be the best thing going on both brands if they keep it up.  Honestly, who the f--k is gonna care about Reigns/Lesnar or Orton/whoever AT ALL when you got those four stealing the show every chance they get.  Come to think of it, I actually prefer AJ being in a killer feud for a "lesser" belt.  I mean, we all know if AJ was competing for a top title on either brand Vince would eventually wrap himself up in his warm comfy blanket of mediocrity and bury AJ under someone who absolutely doesn't deserve it.  He already did it once with Cena, next would inevitably be either Reigns or Orton.

 

On another note, It's looking like losing Mauro Ranallo because of JBL's bullshit is becoming the straw that broke the camel's back.  I guess there was more than one "fire Bradshaw" chant last night (I didn't watch the entire show because there were 3 things on at the same time I wanted to watch so I channel flipped).  Apparently losing a true professional to keep an obnoxious blowhard who's BFF's with the boss doesn't sit well with fans.  Vince will, of course, ignore the outcry and keep his good buddy right where he is (because anti-bullying is soooo important to him and his company) for as long as possible but, just maybe, things will get to a point where he has to listen and we won't be forced to endure JBL's "commentary" any more.

So we might lose Mauro, but I think J.R is coming back, I just love his commentary. And also am I the only one who liked the debut of Elias Samson? I don't know why the NXT audience hated him so much then at Orlando they were cheering him (maybe because he was masked)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ShadowSigmaX said:

I'll be really upset if Balor is going to miss time again.

Same here. We just got him back, if he keeps getting injured like this it's going to make him look injury prone. Not exactly something you want said about a guy who is supposed to be a Demon King.

Edited by jackmadrox
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could have been really bad...

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Splathew said:

This could have been really bad...

 

 

I remember thinking during that match that Nia might be a bit too green to be pushing her.  She's obviously got the size and the look but she doesn't look ready to carry a division.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That first one is definitely on her and would of been real bad, but that moonsault is on Charlotte. I mean she should know what she's doing there and not just rely on Jax.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JadedDragos said:

That first one is definitely on her and would of been real bad, but that moonsault is on Charlotte. I mean she should know what she's doing there and not just rely on Jax.

I'd go 50/50 on the moonsault.  Charlotte shorted the jump and Nia didn't even try to move up to have a better chance of catching her.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well guys, Randy never ceases to impress us. 

His best RKO ever!!!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Well guys, Randy never ceases to impress us. 

His best RKO ever!!!!!

Ugh... this is why we're still to this day having to endure him as champion and a top guy.  I'd personally be more than happy to sacrifice the "RKO outta nowhere" videos, vines and memes if it meant I didn't have to endure him owning the top of the card with his agonizingly slow paced matches and stale personality anymore.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Ugh... this is why we're still to this day having to endure him as champion and a top guy.  I'd personally be more than happy to sacrifice the "RKO outta nowhere" videos, vines and memes if it meant I didn't have to endure him owning the top of the card with his agonizingly slow paced matches and stale personality anymore.  

Well, in fact people in the comments of the original video were mostly asking for a Cena video, no Nakamura, Sammy, not even the great Ambrose.

Anyway, I'm not a Randy fan, I was truly disappointed when he beat Bray at mania. 

I just found it funny that the owner of the video actually did another video.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda WWE related, I went to the Debut Lucha Forever show in Birmingham yesterday and was really good.

 

Tyler Bate the UK champ was there replacing Ricochet who's had a niggling injury. Pete Dunne was also there, Sami Callahan (Was Solomon Crowe in NXT), Will Ospreay, Travis Banks, Shane Strickland, El Ligero and also Nixon Newell's last show before going to Florida for the WWE.

 

Bate and Dunne were doing pics in the ring after and you could hold the UK title, managed to also get a pic with Ospreay whilst at the merch stands.

4630944975.png

Edited by rikwebb
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rikwebb said:

Kinda WWE related, I went to the Debut Lucha Forever show in Birmingham yesterday and was really good.

 

Tyler Bate the UK champ was there replacing Ricochet who's had a niggling injury. Pete Dunne was also there, Sami Callahan (Was Solomon Crowe in NXT), Will Ospreay, Travis Banks, Shane Strickland, El Ligero and also Nixon Newell's last show before going to Florida for the WWE.

 

Bate and Dunne were doing pics in the ring after and you could hold the UK title, managed to also get a pic with Ospreay whilst at the merch stands.

4630944975.png

 

I didn't realise that Nixon Newell was heading to WWE, that's really cool :o

 

And I've met Will Ospreay a hand full of times now and that guy is such a cool dude and a laugh to have a chat with :) same goes for Marty Scurll as well :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Razza said:

 

I didn't realise that Nixon Newell was heading to WWE, that's really cool :o

 

And I've met Will Ospreay a hand full of times now and that guy is such a cool dude and a laugh to have a chat with :) same goes for Marty Scurll as well :D

 

Yeah they were going through the contract stuff with her in December i think it was. Yeah Ospreay is a cool dude, glad to have gotten the chance to meet him

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone with a brain - "Seriously, Vince, he's got the personality and charisma of a wet fart and he re-injured one of our best guys in his 1st match back"

 

Vince - "I don't care, look at his physique, he's earned it!"

 

Every time I think that fucking dinosaur couldn't possibly be more out of touch with the fans he goes ahead and shows us all that he hasn't even warmed up yet.  His idiocy is, apparently, limitless.  Thank the good lord for the U.S. title right now, which I'd bet my balls is under the direction of... not Vince.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally don't mind Jinder getting a push. I highly doubt there is any way this guy takes the strap off of Orton but pairing him up with the Bollywood Boys and doing an anti American gimmick gives all three something to do in the short term. 

 

I think he gets a lot of hate, especially recently for possibly re-injuring Balor but I think people need to let that go. Apparently Balor has already been cleared to compete. It was a mistake and guys such as Seth Rollins (injured Cena, Sting and Balor) and Shinsuke Nakamura (injured Austin Aries) can sometimes make these mistakes. 

 

I say give the guy a shot, let him lose to Orton and then maybe put him in the US title picture and see what he has to offer. He could end up being a pretty decent heel in the short term and Smackdown could really use those right now because the only heels of any value on that roster are Owens and Corbin. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jinder getting a push is interesting. That heat he got when he won the match was insane. xD 

 

WWE are also no longer advertising Bray vs Orton for the WWE title at Payback. The build-up towards WM was great between them, but ever since the actual WM match itself, the booking has been nothing but a clusterfuck.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WWE is hard to watch nowadays, but does have rare shining moments.

 

Here's a classic.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TVDex252 said:

I think he gets a lot of hate, especially recently for possibly re-injuring Balor but I think people need to let that go. Apparently Balor has already been cleared to compete. It was a mistake and guys such as Seth Rollins (injured Cena, Sting and Balor) and Shinsuke Nakamura (injured Austin Aries) can sometimes make these mistakes. 

 

I say give the guy a shot, let him lose to Orton and then maybe put him in the US title picture and see what he has to offer. He could end up being a pretty decent heel in the short term and Smackdown could really use those right now because the only heels of any value on that roster are Owens and Corbin. 

Can't speak for anyone else but the hate he receives from me is based upon him being 100% uninteresting for years and getting a push only because he buffed up.  Look is by far (in my opinion) the least important aspect of a wrestler these days.  He can't deliver a promo, his actual in-ring work is bland and he was only brought back to be a space filler in a time when bodies were needed, much like Curt Hawkins.  

Balor's injury looked to me more like Jinder was being wreckless than an accident but it was just the icing in my eyes.

As for needing heels, Smackdown seems like it was way more in need of faces than anything.  Getting Sami and Shinske obviously helped a ton and it looks like AJ is turning to create the needed balance.  Right now, I'd much rather see Orton turn back to what he's good at (being a dick-head heel) and watch him work with Shinske or Sami, two guys who are actually deserving of a title run than that turd.  Instead, we get typical racial stereotype bad guy vs. guy who sucks at being a face giving us what will most likely be a bland boring match that ends with... AN RKO OUTTA NOWHERE!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Can't speak for anyone else but the hate he receives from me is based upon him being 100% uninteresting for years and getting a push only because he buffed up.  Look is by far (in my opinion) the least important aspect of a wrestler these days.  He can't deliver a promo, his actual in-ring work is bland and he was only brought back to be a space filler in a time when bodies were needed, much like Curt Hawkins.  

Balor's injury looked to me more like Jinder was being wreckless than an accident but it was just the icing in my eyes.

As for needing heels, Smackdown seems like it was way more in need of faces than anything.  Getting Sami and Shinske obviously helped a ton and it looks like AJ is turning to create the needed balance.  Right now, I'd much rather see Orton turn back to what he's good at (being a dick-head heel) and watch him work with Shinske or Sami, two guys who are actually deserving of a title run than that turd.  Instead, we get typical racial stereotype bad guy vs. guy who sucks at being a face giving us what will most likely be a bland boring match that ends with... AN RKO OUTTA NOWHERE!!

 

I actually think they brought him back because of their intention to expand on the Indian market which is a huge wrestling market. The fact that he put in the work to make himself more presentable I can only respect.

 

I'm not disagreeing with you that there are people who deserve it more (Sami, Cesaro, Ziggler, The Miz etc) but really like I said before, I just don't see him winning the belt. It feels like a filler match on a filler PPV while we are still far enough from Summerslam leaving their room for someone more deserving to get a better and bigger push. Now if by some chance he does win the belt, then I could see why people would be angry but for now I'd say there isn't anything to worry about.

 

And I wouldn't be surprised if Orton had something to do with this. There is an interview going around of Orton from a few years back talking up Jinder Mahal. He might have wanted to work with him.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TVDex252 said:

 

I actually think they brought him back because of their intention to expand on the Indian market which is a huge wrestling market. The fact that he put in the work to make himself more presentable I can only respect.

 

I'm not disagreeing with you that there are people who deserve it more (Sami, Cesaro, Ziggler, The Miz etc) but really like I said before, I just don't see him winning the belt. It feels like a filler match on a filler PPV while we are still far enough from Summerslam leaving their room for someone more deserving to get a better and bigger push. Now if by some chance he does win the belt, then I could see why people would be angry but for now I'd say there isn't anything to worry about.

 

And I wouldn't be surprised if Orton had something to do with this. There is an interview going around of Orton from a few years back talking up Jinder Mahal. He might have wanted to work with him.

 

They're certainly pushing him to try and grab a market but there's no way I'll ever believe that was the plan from the go.  He went from bit part in a throwaway WM match with the obligatory celeb appearance, to jobbing to Mojo, to jobbing to Finn, to #1 contender for the world title.  That, to me, is awful booking at its finest.  If Vince's plan was to bring him in and go for the Indian market then why not at least try and build him prior to his contendership?  Look what they're doing with Braun, I mean, I'm sure there's an actual long term plan with Braun and I very highly doubt Jinder's going to get the same treatment but they could at least give him some momentum up to being #1 contender.  Instead it just seems like Vince one day said "you know what, I'm gonna go ahead and try that Indian thing again because, well, this guy's buff now and blah blah blah".  It's completely thrown together and has no cohesiveness to it at all.  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skidmarkgn said:

 

They're certainly pushing him to try and grab a market but there's no way I'll ever believe that was the plan from the go.  He went from bit part in a throwaway WM match with the obligatory celeb appearance, to jobbing to Mojo, to jobbing to Finn, to #1 contender for the world title.  That, to me, is awful booking at its finest.  If Vince's plan was to bring him in and go for the Indian market then why not at least try and build him prior to his contendership?  Look what they're doing with Braun, I mean, I'm sure there's an actual long term plan with Braun and I very highly doubt Jinder's going to get the same treatment but they could at least give him some momentum up to being #1 contender.  Instead it just seems like Vince one day said "you know what, I'm gonna go ahead and try that Indian thing again because, well, this guy's buff now and blah blah blah".  It's completely thrown together and has no cohesiveness to it at all.  

 

 

 

But why does this surprise you lol This is the WWE we're talking about xD

 

Strowman has momentum but it's not even intentional. They were trying to get sympathy for Reigns (Because they are clueless) and it turned Strowman into the hottest babyface since Daniel Bryan's Wrestlemania 30 run. These people don't know what they're doing. They book day to day 95% of the time.

 

Honestly I think they saw the reaction Jinder was getting during the battle royal and figured man people really don't like this guy and with what happened to Balor just a week later kinda amplified it, they saw a chance to push him as a big heel and just went with it. I don't think any of it was intentional, it was just spur of the moment reactionary booking. I still believe he was signed back on because of the big focus on the Indian market but I think with the negative reaction he's been getting lately it gave them a reason to actually use him.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TVDex252 said:

 

But why does this surprise you lol This is the WWE we're talking about xD

 

Strowman has momentum but it's not even intentional. They were trying to get sympathy for Reigns (Because they are clueless) and it turned Strowman into the hottest babyface since Daniel Bryan's Wrestlemania 30 run. These people don't know what they're doing. They book day to day 95% of the time.

 

Honestly I think they saw the reaction Jinder was getting during the battle royal and figured man people really don't like this guy and with what happened to Balor just a week later kinda amplified it, they saw a chance to push him as a big heel and just went with it. I don't think any of it was intentional, it was just spur of the moment reactionary booking. I still believe he was signed back on because of the big focus on the Indian market but I think with the negative reaction he's been getting lately it gave them a reason to actually use him.

 

Wonder how that makes Daniel Bryan, or Corey Graves, or Edge feel, seeing someone work unnecessarily stiff, injure a legit top guy and go from jobbing to Mojo to #1 contender in a matter of weeks because Vince wants to chase the almighty Indian dollar.  I don't know, maybe Smackdown's ratings hitting a 2017 low (which I'd assume was 500,000 remotes clicking to a different channel when he won, I know mine did) will wake them up.  I mean, it won't, but at least there's a viable number out there Vince can look at as proof it's a terrible decision.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2017 at 7:41 PM, skidmarkgn said:

 

Wonder how that makes Daniel Bryan, or Corey Graves, or Edge feel, seeing someone work unnecessarily stiff, injure a legit top guy and go from jobbing to Mojo to #1 contender in a matter of weeks because Vince wants to chase the almighty Indian dollar.  I don't know, maybe Smackdown's ratings hitting a 2017 low (which I'd assume was 500,000 remotes clicking to a different channel when he won, I know mine did) will wake them up.  I mean, it won't, but at least there's a viable number out there Vince can look at as proof it's a terrible decision.  

 

Nahh man they will just blame it on the NBA Playoffs and the NHL Playoffs just like they do during football season xD

Edited by TVDex252
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.