The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

9 minutes ago, Jesaya815 said:

Hopefully, though the next PPV is in St. Louis and Vince loves Randy. Could be him again, before perhaps Baron Corbin cashes in the MitB briefcase. I mean, the fans want AJ Styles, Nakamura, Sami Zayn, and Kevin Owens in Dream Matches for the big title, so McMahon gives them Orton vs Mahal. 1f609.png

Ohhh please god don't tell me that they will put the belt back on Orton, I honestly can't stand watching him as he's just so bland and absolutely nothing has changed about him since 2011 :( 

Fans constantly scream out hoping WWE give other guys a chance but once it does happen.... ohh god forbid they accept something new and different :P 

Speaking of Nakamura....kinda....I was watching a title fight recently with him against Styles. Now this was an older match cause it was when Styles was Bullet Club in NJPW. Anyway, got me to thinking or remembering actually that I can't stand Styles anymore, I mean I liked him when he was on Impact, but now I'm just like bleh. Not to go into conflict with whoever likes Styles, just trying to figure out why I can't stand him anymore. Anyone have any ideas?

RAW (5/29/2017): Great show on Monday, it was awesome. I am super excited for Extreme Rules this Sunday! Can't believe I had to watch Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns fight again. But oh well, Reigns defeated him clean, fair and square. Can't believe Seth lost his first match after his birthday. 

SmackDown LIVE (5/30/2017): Great show, having Nakamura as the guest of KO's Highlight Reel. The Tag Team match was also fun to watch as well. Glad to see Randy back on SD LIVE after his defeat to Jinder Mahal at BackLash. Now we're all waiting for Money in the Bank and see if Randy wins the title for the 14th time (equalizing with Triple H). The best part of the show was seeing Shane announce the first ever Women's MiTB! This makes the SD LIVE's Women's Division better than RAW's.  

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 4:31 PM, Razza said:

Ohhh please god don't tell me that they will put the belt back on Orton, I honestly can't stand watching him as he's just so bland and absolutely nothing has changed about him since 2011 :( 

Fans constantly scream out hoping WWE give other guys a chance but once it does happen.... ohh god forbid they accept something new and different :P 

New and different doesn't necessarily mean good.  Jinder Sucks, he always has.  His gimmick is stale and has been done to death since the '80's.  There's a huge line of guys that deserve it WAY more than Jinder.  All Jinder has going for him is his physique, and his nationality.  Vince's old man mentality won't let him get past loving the big guys and he wants the Indian market, so, Jinder gets a push.  He's already tried this tactic with Khali and it was a miserable failure.  The formula isn't hard.  Find talent that's talented and push said talent.  

• Like 1

FOR ANYONE THAT CARES: Adam from Whatculture and JDfromNY have put this video out there for ALL wrestling fans to see. Apparently YouTube is at it again, putting wrestling into the same category as hate speech. There's a petition to sign if you want, and just watch this video to get all that's going on right now.

30 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

When he starts talking about "his people" in his promos as fellow Canadians then sure, I'll give you that one :)

That is what is so funny about his promos. I am not Indian...but are people from India really looked down upon and hated?

Now if he did play up the Canadian thing and started talking about how Canadians and Americans still use the word "Indian" as a hurtful term toward First Nation people and as an ACTUAL Indian he doesn't like his nationality has been used as a racial slur for centuries then he would have more of a point.

I mean imagine the Heat he would get in Cleveland if he called them out on that :)

On 12/16/2016 at 6:33 AM, darkamdusias said:

It could be interesting. The WWE has historically been a US-focused company however, so years of these preferences means that it's going to be hard to convince non-UK fans to care about it. I'm going to try and be optimistic though - at the very least, they can't do much worse with it than the European title. All that said though, the UK is home to some phenomenal talent though, so I'm looking forward to seeing the matches this belt will produce.

Plus the amount of UK and Chinese talent in the last 2 years that was picked up was insane. Developmental must be having a field day with the opportunities... now only if that can be practiced with the writing team, mainly looking at you Vince.

EXTREME RULES (6/4/2017): Great show! :yay: I enjoyed every second of it seriously. The Miz is the new Intercontinental champion and for the 7th time. I also enjoyed Neville and Austin Aries's match. Neville won again. He seems to be the strongest superstar in all of the 205 LIVE (King of the Cruiserweights). I can't believe the Hardy Boyz lost to Cesaro and Sheamus. As a result, it was still a great match. Still glad that Alexa is still our RAW Women's champion. That was a brutal match we've seen right there with Kendo sticks. Lastly, the ultimate Fatal 5-way match! Before EXTREME RULES started, I watched a video revealing that Samoa Joe had a great chance to win the match, making Reigns being the one with the least chance to win, since his match with Brock is saved for WM 34. Anyway, it was an awesome match and a shocking win. So now he's gonna go on one on one with the Beast. 

Next RAW's Pay-Per View is GREAT BALLS OF FIRE :lol:.

12 hours ago, Splathew said:

Yes!

DBgrm_MVYAEzlzK.jpg

Was also happy to see her win again :). Bayley's Kendo wounds on her back are really bad though.

• Like 1

Now there's a perfect example of something being new and good.  Joe is a top tier talent where it counts.  He's good on the mic, and stellar in the ring.  Guys like Joe are the ones that deserve these kinds of pushes, ones that have been successful everywhere they've been because they're just that good.  Now hopefully he will get to be competitive in his match against Brock instead of just being suplexed and squashed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Now there's a perfect example of something being new and good.  Joe is a top tier talent where it counts.  He's good on the mic, and stellar in the ring.  Guys like Joe are the ones that deserve these kinds of pushes, ones that have been successful everywhere they've been because they're just that good.  Now hopefully he will get to be competitive in his match against Brock instead of just being suplexed and squashed.

I think joe vs Brock will be a great matchup that even Joe is a good opponent that won't be a predicible least match. If Joe destroys his opponents great and consider a threat back when he was on nxt,and even tna where I know he did amazing when I first saw his matches,then mostly will be the same apply that it would be an even matchup that the fans shouldn't think that it will be one sided at all.

3 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

I don't share you enthusiasm about Samoa Joe winning. It would have been better if Roman Reigns won this and have the only two guys to beat Undertaker at WM match at The GRRRREAT BALLLSSS OF FIIIRRREE PPV, have Roman win, and then have Samoa Joe beat Roman later on. Because we all know the rematch between Roman and Brock is gonna happen at some point. And I would rather not see Roman main event WM for the 4th year in a row.

Extreme rules was a good PPV

I am concerned how they will use Joe though. I really think Seth Rollins or Finn Balor would've been a better choice. Not that I opposed to Samoa Joe getting the title shot. As skidmarkgn mentioned, he is top tier talent that deserves this push. He definately has the skills and the ability to become a great champion. But I'm not so sure I am down for a Heel vs Heel match. 

I don't think it will turn out good, but maybe I am wrong. If I'm right, I'm calling the PPV Great BLUE Balls of Fire

RAW (6/5/2017): So... What a show. All I have to say is congrats to Samoa Joe and I hope Great Balls of Fire goes great. It has been long since the Universal Title appeared on RAW. The only great thing that happened on RAW was Dean's attack :lol:. RAW can never be better without him on screen. Nothing much more about the show, so for now I'm just waiting for the infamous SmackDown LIVE's Money in the Bank on the 18th of this month. :) 

• Like 1

SmackDown LIVE (6/6/2017): So Lana appears on SD LIVE. Would be great to see her in the Women's MitB. The New Day's on the move to win the SD LIVE Tag Team Champs. Would be weird if they win at MitB. The show was awesome overall, better than last night's Monday Night RAW. Just can't wait for the Money in the Bank Pay-Per View. I really wanna see Shinsuke Nakamura climb that ladder and capture the briefcase. Randy might win his title back for the 14th time, but I still have that feeling that Jinder won't let him. Jinder can't beat Randy on his own, unless those twins are banned from ringside. :) 

• Like 1

Yeah Smackdown was good. Only thing rememberable from Raw was Samoa Joe, who did a terrific job. It's sad that Lesnar doesn't care about matches or storytelling, otherwise this feud could have huge potential.

The Women getting much more attention on SD, which is important for their characters. Naomi was terrible on the mic though. Why is a Face laughing at a Heel?! Even when Naomi's got a point, (Lana didn't prove herself yet in the ring much), there is no reason for something like that. Heels are mean, Heels laugh and make fun of others, not the other way around.

AJ with the 50/50 Booking, lose one week, win the rematch. Sami getting manhandled every week either means he wins the briefcase, or he'll be attacked until he suffers an "injury" and Shane has to replace him with Mojo Rawley. Kevin Owens vs Shinsuke Nakamura should've been on PPV first, but oh well.

I'm only missing Harper, Rowan - put them together as a Tag Team again - American Alpha, and Tye Dillinger. With six top guys in the Money in the Bank Ladder match, and four other matches so far, there is still enough space left on the card, but no build-ups for the midcard.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

Yeah Smackdown was good. Only thing rememberable from Raw was Samoa Joe, who did a terrific job. It's sad that Lesnar doesn't care about matches or storytelling, otherwise this feud could have huge potential.

The Women getting much more attention on SD, which is important for their characters. Naomi was terrible on the mic though. Why is a Face laughing at a Heel?! Even when Naomi's got a point, (Lana didn't prove herself yet in the ring much), there is no reason for something like that. Heels are mean, Heels laugh and make fun of others, not the other way around.

Joe is indeed becoming a badass warrior, if he wasn't already. The small bit with Paul Heyman is problably the best bit on Raw. Lesnar, unfortunately, is in it for the money and doesn't have any ambition to get creative and make matches epic. Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar at WM32 can be a perfect testament to that. Here is a link to the interview (Around 48:30 - Dean on WM32 with Lesnar)

As for Naomi's Mic Skills, I fear it might be bigger than that. Oddly enough, Faces are becoming like bullies. I still remember The New Day hazing Titus O Neil when he was trying to join them. It makes no sense and even the crowd was cheering for Titus to join. Personally, I think the only time when a face can laugh at a heel is when a heel is beefing very condescending and uses their laugh as a rebuttal (I.e "Hahaha You know that's funny, because I remember when I beated at [PPV] to become [insert title here] champion)

if you know why this is, please let me know. I feel like there is a struggle with promos that may make them look too soft and weak or too aggressive and harsh.

Edited by GoodbyeBread
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, GoodbyeBread said:

Joe is indeed becoming a badass warrior, if he wasn't already. The small bit with Paul Heyman is problably the best bit on Raw. Lesnar, unfortunately, is in it for the money and doesn't have any ambition to get creative and make matches epic. Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar at WM32 can be a perfect testament to that. Here is a link to the interview (Around 48:30 - Dean on WM32 with Lesnar)

As for Naomi's Mic Skills, I fear it might be bigger than that. Oddly enough, Faces are becoming like bullies. I still remember The New Day hazing Titus O Neil when he was trying to join them. It makes no sense and even the crowd was cheering for Titus to join. Personally, I think the only time when a face can laugh at a heel is when a heel is beefing very condescending and uses their laugh as a rebuttal (I.e "Hahaha You know that's funny, because I remember when I beated at [PPV] to become [insert title here] champion)

if you know why this is, please let me know. I feel like there is a struggle with promos that may make them look too soft and weak or too aggressive and harsh.

That's the big problem with Lesnar - he's lazy, like Ambrose said. I still feel sorry for Dean. He tried his best to plan the match, pitch suggestions and everything, only to get disappointed. Vince once said he wants wrestlers to come up with own ideas. Well, Dean tried and got nothing in return, neither from Brock nor McMahon back then.

Silly thing is, Brock is good wrestler. His matches against The Rock, Kurt Angle, Eddie, and many others, were great. He even was entertaining and funny during the Brand Extension on SD. Now he's just a One-Move-Beast who rarely speaks.

Regarding the promos, I wish I knew ? . You can blame the writers or Vince, I guess. They are the ones who write the scripts without giving the wrestlers much leeway anymore.

You summed it up perfect though. Faces do act more like bullies, while WWE always praises "Don't be a Bully, be a Star". Hm, I never saw Bret Hart or Sting laugh at their enemies.

It's hard to see this company often being so out of touch with their main product. Strangely enough, NXT does everything right. Most wrestlers have their roles, there are logical promos and good storylines. The Cruiserweight Classic last year was also a prime example of how to do things the right way.

• Like 2

RAW (6/12/2017): Great show, not bad. So glad to finally see Brock Lesnar on RAW after a really long time. Last week, Paul Heyman promised to unleash the Beast this week and he did. I actually never thought there'd be a brawl between Joe and Brock. Seth Rollins and Bray Wyatt, what's next? Looks like Ambrose isn't giving up yet. A bear, seriously? The Tag Team rematch was also fun to watch. It ended as a draw, but whatever. Great show overall. Now just to wait for the last SD LIVE before Money in the Bank this Sunday. Can't wait. :D 

• Like 1