The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:35 AM, ee28max said:

RAW (6/12/2017): Great show, not bad. So glad to finally see Brock Lesnar on RAW after a really long time. Last week, Paul Heyman promised to unleash the Beast this week and he did. I actually never thought there'd be a brawl between Joe and Brock. Seth Rollins and Bray Wyatt, what's next? Looks like Ambrose isn't giving up yet. A bear, seriously? The Tag Team rematch was also fun to watch. It ended as a draw, but whatever. Great show overall. Now just to wait for the last SD LIVE before Money in the Bank this Sunday. Can't wait. :D 

Gotta disagree with you there. RAW this past Monday was TERRIBLE. Smackdown Live was okay. Not great, not bad. Naomi's entrance, the RKO outta nowhere on Jinder Mahal, and Charlotte vs Natalya was the best part of SDLive.

SmackDown LIVE (6/13/2017): Awesome show, better than last night's RAW. So many funny things happened. The RKO delivered to Jinder Mahal. :lol: The New Day's jazz was entertaining as well. They have a great chance to beat The Usos at Money in the Bank and also become the first Tag Team to win both RAW and SD LIVE championships. Naomi defeated Tamina, which kinda left me shocked. But whatever though. Now that Nakamura reached for the MitB case, he might win this Sunday, but I doubt it. Zack Ryder's return was also amazing. Didn't expect to see that at all. Great show overall, I agree it was better than last night's RAW.

1 hour ago, jackmadrox said:

Gotta disagree with you there. RAW this past Monday was TERRIBLE. Smackdown Live was okay. Not great, not bad. Naomi's entrance, the RKO outta nowhere on Jinder Mahal, and Charlotte vs Natalya was the best part of SDLive.

Well, yeah. I can't really say that RAW was TERRIBLE, it was just a little "not so good" compared to SD LIVE. The RKO made me laugh. Now I'm just waiting for this Sunday's Money in the Bank > SD LIVE's exclusive Pay-Per View! :D 

2 hours ago, ee28max said:

SmackDown LIVE (6/13/2017): Awesome show, better than last night's RAW. So many funny things happened. The RKO delivered to Jinder Mahal. :lol: The New Day's jazz was entertaining as well. They have a great chance to beat The Usos at Money in the Bank and also become the first Tag Team to win both RAW and SD LIVE championships. Naomi defeated Tamina, which kinda left me shocked. But whatever though. Now that Nakamura reached for the MitB case, he might win this Sunday, but I doubt it. Zack Ryder's return was also amazing. Didn't expect to see that at all. Great show overall, I agree it was better than last night's RAW.

Well, yeah. I can't really say that RAW was TERRIBLE, it was just a little "not so good" compared to SD LIVE. The RKO made me laugh. Now I'm just waiting for this Sunday's Money in the Bank > SD LIVE's exclusive Pay-Per View! :D 

One of my favs - Money in the Bank ? but not so sure about this great balls of fire PPV

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Marccap said:

One of my favs - Money in the Bank 1f911.png but not so sure about this great balls of fire PPV

Money in the Bank is also one of my favorites. ? I also like other PPVs that include extreme matches with no DQs, like TLC, Extreme Rules (it was disappointing this year), and also Royal Rumble. I don't know about Great Balls of Fire ? Let's hope it doesn't turn out bad.

So what's your predictions for Money in the Bank?

I'll start:

Baron Corbin beats AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and Dolph Ziggler - As much as I like AJ and Shinsuke, I don't think they are going to win. Maybe it's for the best that they don't (and problably hoping they both do battle at  Wrestlemania). Dolph Ziggler, although a great seller, won't win this one. Sad to say, I don't think he will ever get another world title run. Kevin Owens won't win and he shouldn't. He already has the US Championship. Why not defend the belt and give it value again? I guess I don't want his run to be like Roman's run with the US title - go after world title while not defending the current title (I'm still crossed about that). Sami Zayn and Baron Corbin are the only two people I can think of that deserve a title shot. I'm calling that Sami won't win, due to Kevin Owens because "Best friends rivalry". Not sure how long you can beat a dead horse for until you realize the body is already decomposed. Baron Corbin is more likely to win and well favored. Personally, I don't see the appeal. I think he won't do so well as a champion. You can debate that he can be a great main eventer and I would likely agree with you. The pieces are certainly there, but to say he will win MITB and be champion? I don't share the same vibes as everyone else.

The Usos beat The New Day - The New Day just got onto Smackdown. I believe the Usos should hold to the Tag Titles for one more month before dropping it. Plus, I don't think The New Day need the titles at the moment. It wouldn't hurt if they won, but I don't see why they should have them.

Jinder Mahal beats Randy Ortan - I have not been thrilled about Jinder Mahal as champion. Some of his segments have been so-so. Yet, I feel giving the belt back to Ortan would be way worse. Like The New Day, Ortan doesn't need the title. As much as I dislike Jinder, There is no reason to hand the belt over to Ortan.

Natalya or Charlotte Flair beats Becky Lynch, Tamina and Carmella - I feel the focus of this match will be mainly on these two. Call it a hunch, but I don't see the other women winning. With thinking about who would win, I struggled between these two as they were the only two that would come to mind.

Lana beats Naomi - I believe Lana will win by one of two ways: 1) Dirty tactics or 2) someone interfering with Naomi. Either with one of the wrestlers in the Women's MITB or Rusev (just to distract the ref). But nevertheless, my money is on Lana winning

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoodbyeBread said:

So what's your predictions for Money in the Bank?

I'll start:

Baron Corbin beats AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and Dolph Ziggler - As much as I like AJ and Shinsuke, I don't think they are going to win. Maybe it's for the best that they don't (and problably hoping they both do battle at  Wrestlemania). Dolph Ziggler, although a great seller, won't win this one. Sad to say, I don't think he will ever get another world title run. Kevin Owens won't win and he shouldn't. He already has the US Championship. Why not defend the belt and give it value again? I guess I don't want his run to be like Roman's run with the US title - go after world title while not defending the current title (I'm still crossed about that). Sami Zayn and Baron Corbin are the only two people I can think of that deserve a title shot. I'm calling that Sami won't win, due to Kevin Owens because "Best friends rivalry". Not sure how long you can beat a dead horse for until you realize the body is already decomposed. Baron Corbin is more likely to win and well favored. Personally, I don't see the appeal. I think he won't do so well as a champion. You can debate that he can be a great main eventer and I would likely agree with you. The pieces are certainly there, but to say he will win MITB and be champion? I don't share the same vibes as everyone else.

The Usos beat The New Day - The New Day just got onto Smackdown. I believe the Usos should hold to the Tag Titles for one more month before dropping it. Plus, I don't think The New Day need the titles at the moment. It wouldn't hurt if they won, but I don't see why they should have them.

Jinder Mahal beats Randy Ortan - I have not been thrilled about Jinder Mahal as champion. Some of his segments have been so-so. Yet, I feel giving the belt back to Ortan would be way worse. Like The New Day, Ortan doesn't need the title. As much as I dislike Jinder, There is no reason to hand the belt over to Ortan.

Natalya or Charlotte Flair beats Becky Lynch, Tamina and Carmella - I feel the focus of this match will be mainly on these two. Call it a hunch, but I don't see the other women winning. With thinking about who would win, I struggled between these two as they were the only two that would come to mind.

Lana beats Naomi - I believe Lana will win by one of two ways: 1) Dirty tactics or 2) someone interfering with Naomi. Either with one of the wrestlers in the Women's MITB or Rusev (just to distract the ref). But nevertheless, my money is on Lana winning

I agree with all your predictions and I would guess that Charlotte will win the briefcase (as they want to give her every single accolade they can)....but I am kind of hoping Carmella wins it just to see what her and James does with it :)

• Like 2

My predictions for both ladder matches are, 

Carmella or Becky to win the women's ladder match as I feel both could benefit from this to ensure they don't get lost in the shuffle of the women's roster :)

Corbin or Owens to win the men's ladder match. I am really hoping it's Corbin who wins this as that guy just screams main eventer to me and could be a real star if given the right direction and the MITB would be a great start to that :)

• Like 2

MITB_2017--866bf5ee19890234b1ca05621b693121.png

WWE Money in the Bank

(Predictions)

WWE SmackDown LIVE Tag Team Champions The Usos def. The New Day

Randy Orton def. WWE SmackDown LIVE Champion Jinder Mahal

Lana def. WWE SmackDown LIVE Women's Champion Naomi

Baron Corbin/Shinsuke Nakamura def. (AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn) (MitB Ladder Match)

Carmella/Tamina def. (Charlotte, Becky Lynch and Natalya) (Women's MitB Ladder Match) 

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 1

Here are my predicitons:

The Usos vs The New Day

Winners: Usos - Jimmy and Jey reinvented themselves and deserve to carry the tag team division a while longer.

Naomi vs Lana

Winner: Naomi - I want Lana to win though.

Jinder Mahal vs Randy Orton

Winner: Jinder Mahal - otherwise his title reign would have been for nothing. Orton winning by DQ might be also a possibility.

Women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Winner: Carmella - she's the weakest link out of the five, but there is a lot of potential for funny vignettes and storylines. Plus, Carmella has a lackey to carry the briefcase for her.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Winner: Baron Corbin - I'm okay with whoever wins. Corbin is the frontrunner. Sami Zayn or AJ Styles could win as well, because Sami needs it the most and AJ has to get back into the title picture.

• Like 1

Ok Money in the bank thoughts

Women's Ladder match - What a piss poor ending. This is shades of "Miss Wrestlemania" with Santina (a dude) winning. I have nothing against Ellsworth but this is definitely a start to hating him. You can argue that Carmella is a heel and heel wrestlers like to take the dirty way and I am for it, but not like this. For making the first ever women's money in the bank ladder match to make oppertunity, WWE doesn't seem to have faith in its women wrestlers to even give them a chance to make their match and decides to their own hand in it. #Divasrevolution

The New Day vs The Usos - Pretty good actually. Can't say that it was perfect, but I can't say anything bad about it. Usos are still the champs and the new day performed very well. Hope there is a promising feud in the future.

Woman's championship - welp I was dead wrong on this one. Naomi won *sigh* but I can see why. Lana definately needs more work as a wrestler. Right now, she doesn't seem like a good contender for the title

WWE Championship - Called it. Jinder is still champion and Ortan isn't. Can't say I was thrilled about it, but it was a decent match. Not much to say about it.

Money in the Bank Ladder match - problably the saving grace of the whole PPV. Loved how it all played out from beginning to end. Though I still have my doubts about him being a champion, this can definitely proves that he can be main event material.

overall, I say it's a meh PPV, though having Fashion files skit and Mike and Mary show up was a nice bonus

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GoodbyeBread said:

Women's Ladder match - What a piss poor ending. This is shades of "Miss Wrestlemania" with Santina (a dude) winning. I have nothing against Ellsworth but this is definitely a start to hating him. You can argue that Carmella is a heel and heel wrestlers like to take the dirty way and I am for it, but not like this. For making the first ever women's money in the bank ladder match to make oppertunity, WWE doesn't seem to have faith in its women wrestlers to even give them a chance to make their match and decides to their own hand in it. #Divasrevolution

Well Kane helped Rollins win his briefcase...so equal shitty booking for the men and women :)

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well Kane helped Rollins win his briefcase...so equal shitty booking for the men and women :)

Speaking of Kane, I was kind of hoping whoever won would win and then cash in on the same night. Kane did that to win the World Heavyweight Championship (2010) and last year, Ambrose cashed in to Win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Shame they didn't pull the trigger on that. Personally, I think it would've help the PPV out and wash over the ending of the women's MITB ladder match.

Money in the Bank (6/18/2017): Great show, great show. So, some of my predictions were correct. One thing I was excited to see in the show was the Women's MitB ladder match. So, The New Day has done it. They've become the first Tag Team to win both RAW and SD LIVE Tag champs. Earlier in the year, I heard Maria was coming back to the WWE and she did. I really wanted to see Randy win the title back, but unfortunately Jinder still has it. Looks like Randy has been humiliated in his hometown. :P I really wanted to see Nakamura or AJ Styles win the Men's MitB, but I also guessed Baron would win. Looks like he's gonna have to cash-in while the title's in Jinder's hands. I was expecting Charlotte to win (she was really in action!), but then James had to stick his nose in businesses where the sun doesn't shine.

So, tonight on RAW, Reigns is coming up with a SummerSlam announcement. What's it gonna be? :)  

Absolutely ready for Ellsworth to be gone forever.  He was alright when they brought him in to be a comedy gimmick with AJ but, like all comedy gimmicks, he's run his course and no longer provides any entertainment value.  

Thought by now I'd be used to all the false/non-finishes at "PPV" events but I'm not.  Ever since the network became the main way people view these events they're just glorified episodes of RAW and Smackdown, they just book DQ's, walkouts, and run-ins to end every match now and expect us to be happy because it's cheap.

Pretty alright show last night.  Too much filler (as usual) but some interesting summer storylines to watch.  Building for Braun vs. Brock at SS will be cool (although that's not good news for Joe), same with Enzo vs. Cass (although that means yet another top tag team gets broken up and hurts the division even more).  None of that matters though.  The only thing that does matter... Nakamura vs. AJ.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

I'm on a sabbatical from WWE. It's just fucking dead to me. I'm just sick to shit of it. After watching that HORRENDOUS Money In The Bank PPV, I skipped RAW completely last night and I don't plan on watching Smackdown anymore either. I cancelled my subscription to the WWE Network, it's not worth 9.99 to me. Maybe for 99 cents, because thats all its worth anymore. It's just dead. 

• Like 1

RAW (6/19/2017): I thought Roman's announcement was gonna be something big and mind-blowing. Good to finally see Braun Strowman back on RAW. Rumors broke the internet, saying that he would be back in 6 months. So, we might see a Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman match at Great Balls of Fire. The only thing that left me shocked was the fact that Big Cass has been Enzo's attacker this whole time. Come on! They were a great team, and would've become great WWE RAW Tag Team Champs! Still left me puzzled about Seth and Bray's story. What's the point of it? 

Excited of SmackDown LIVE tonight. Maybe that will be a better show than this week's RAW.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Pretty alright show last night.  Too much filler (as usual) but some interesting summer storylines to watch.  Building for Braun vs. Brock at SS will be cool (although that's not good news for Joe), same with Enzo vs. Cass (although that means yet another top tag team gets broken up and hurts the division even more).  None of that matters though.  The only thing that does matter... Nakamura vs. AJ.

100% agree

Despite how people feel about Money in the bank, You can't deny that AJ and Nakamura killed it during that match. My only question is when? Do we get right into it and wait til SummerSlam? Or do we wait it out and let things build up to Wrestlemania? 

• Like 1

SmackDown LIVE (20/6/2017): Good show. So glad Daniel Bryan's back and there's gonna be a Women's Money in the Bank rematch next Tuesday. Although Carmella really deserved to win the MitB, she didn't win it by herself and that's not acceptable. Looks like someone should really teach James how to shut up and not stick into businesses he doesn't belong (Like Big Cass for example :P). So, I don't know who'll win anymore. I'm just gonna watch and find out. Nakamura is going up! Defeated Ziggler twice now. Long time since I've seen an Open Challenge for any championship. Kevin Owens finally tucked his boots in and opened one. I think AJ and KO's rivalry has started/continued. My favorite part of the show was the match of Jinder Mahal and Luke Harper. I loved it when Baron came out to warn Jinder. Would be great to see Baron as the WWE champ. B) Randy came out like a monster! Whatever SD LIVE's next PPV is, I think Baron will cash-in.

Side note of this week's RAW: I'm so happy that my favorite superstar Seth Rollins is on the WWE 2K18 cover! Dean Ambrose is trying to destroy Miz and Maryse together. I love this parts on RAW. Broken Grandfather clock, bear fights, etc. I wonder what will go on next week.  

I feel like the why WWE has handled the Women's Money in the Bank match and the outcome of that match is just bad.

I was fine with Carmella winning with Ellsworth help. It was a bad way to end the match, but the storyline potential of that ending was huge. However, even that's gone now.

By taking the briefcase from Carmella, wwe has killed any and all storyline potential for that briefcase. If someone else wins it, it just means that match is getting the zack ryder intercontinental title treatment from last year. If Carmella wins it clean (because if it's a dirty win what was the point in taking it from her) it just means you took it from her for no reason.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

I feel like the why WWE has handled the Women's Money in the Bank match and the outcome of that match is just bad.

I was fine with Carmella winning with Ellsworth help. It was a bad way to end the match, but the storyline potential of that ending was huge. However, even that's gone now.

By taking the briefcase from Carmella, wwe has killed any and all storyline potential for that briefcase. If someone else wins it, it just means that match is getting the zack ryder intercontinental title treatment from last year. If Carmella wins it clean (because if it's a dirty win what was the point in taking it from her) it just means you took it from her for no reason.

If I may ask, what kind of storyline did you have in mind?

Color me curious, but I don't see how you can make a good storyline from a bad ending of a match from a PPV. At the very least, none of which I have heard of.

After that match, I figure it would be a lose - lose situation on SD live. For taking away the briefcase, it would be as you said. The Briefcase would have no value in any storyline and it would be a disservice to Carmella if she lost it or Pointless if she just won it anyway next week. At the very same time, if she were to keep it, she would then receive a Daniel Bryan treatment of vacating the briefcase due to "unfair play" or immediately defending it after the PPV against everyone in the Women's roster, still resulting in her losing the briefcase anyway (assuming that they add that Ellsworth can't intervene). Not to mention that many people hated the outcome of the MITB ladder match, if she kept it, Carmella would generate heat for her character (which isn't bad considering she's a heel) and WWE would be heavily criticized for  misusing the women's division and not letting them shine in their matches by their fans (if they weren't voicing their opinion). I have mentioned this before: The 25 battle royal for the title "Miss Wrestlemania" on Wrestlemania 25 had decent female talent, but is won by Satina (a guy name Santino). Is the WWE trying that Satino is most deserving of the title "Miss Wrestlemania" or is it because despite having the most dedicated and talented women's wrestlers on the roster, they believe none of them are worth having a Wrestlemania moment? Likewise here, Is WWE trying to say James Ellsworth can now go on to challenge Naomi for the title (since he technically got the briefcase) or like Miss Wrestlemania, none of them are worth having a "historical" MITB ladder match, regardless of dirty or clean finishes? (I might be over analyzing or looking too deep into it, but this is the impression I am getting).

The only thing I can think of that would've work was that Carmella becomes a full on scumbag. Now hear me out,  I mean she keeps the briefcase and gets told she has to defend it next week against everyone from MITB, to which she agrees (fingers crossed behind her back). With the thought she might lose her briefcase, Carmella, out of fear and desperation, cashes it in and beats Naomi after her match and wins. Next week on SDLive, Carmella and Ellsworth doesn't show up as there are angry women wrestlers, who were promised an opportunity to claim the MITB briefcase. Danial Bryan must keep his word, but then Naomi wants to have a rematch for the title. Conflicted with rules and responsibilities, Bryan gives both Naomi and the SD women roster that by either making a tournament, a battle royal or an elimination match to see who can contend for the SD women's title against Carmella. What follows would be a beautiful wreslting match up, but as good as it is on paper, it will not happen.

To wrap up my thought, Whether she kept it or not, The briefcase has already lost its value because of the way MITB women's ladder match ended. If Ellsworth just helped Carmella to her feet or helped her climb the ladder and she grabbed it, She would've still got heat, but there wouldn't be any reason to complain as it would a dirty but perfect ending to a great match. Right now, I think it's like WWE is trying to handle it like it handled the Bailey's "This is your life" segment: acknowledge that's it bad and try to rectify it.

• Like 1

RAW (6/26/2017): Great show last night. Samoa Joe is really on FIRE! ? He finally caught Lesnar in the Coquina Clutch, be didn't put him to sleep. Looks like RAW is trying to copy SD LIVE's Women's division. This time it was the Gauntlet match and wow, Nia Jax defeated 4 of her opponents in a row! She really deserved to win, though. Sasha has already won enough titles (well, at least for now). Roman and Braun's Ambulance match will be great. It seems like the paramedics took care of Roman already. ? The Great Balls of Fire PPV is on the 9th of July and I think SummerSlam is on the 20th of August. Can't wait!

So, tonight is SmackDown LIVE and we'll see a Women's MitB Ladder Match (re-match). I honestly didn't have a problem with Carmella winning the Women's MitB at its main PPV, but the fact that she and James robbed the show wasn't great at all. If James hadn't helped her in the first place, none of this would've ever happened. Good thing James won't be interfering the match tonight. I don't know who'll win this time, but I hope Carmella wins it by herself. She deserves it, for real. ? 

SmackDown LIVE (6/28/2017): Great show as I expected it to be. I understand Randy's frustration over his loss to Jinder over the 2 previous PPVs (BackLash and Money in the Bank), but the fact he's getting another rematch just doesn't make sense. Now it's a match stipulation I've never heard of. What is a Punjabi Prison anyway? It has been already in the WWE over the previous years? Just checked the review of it, and it seems like the winner has to escape it. Why is there a chance of Randy losing at Battleground again? Because it's the second time he's been put in a match stipulation he's not aware of (newbie to it). The first one being The House of Horrors with Bray Wyatt and now this. Back to SD LIVE. The Usos are doing great with the titles. I hope they keep it for a longer time. I'm so glad Carmella finally captured the Women's MitB by herself. James didn't hesitate to come back to the arena after his ban, just to climb the ladder and capture the briefcase again. So, Becky got her revenge and pushed him off the ladder, landing on the ropes! That must've really hurt. ? 

Once again, congrats to Carmella. Now, she might get an opportunity at Battleground to cash-in and become the SD Women's Champion! 

Does anybody know if SummerSlam will be include both RAW and SD LIVE rosters?