The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Raw was pretty good tonight. Only a few things I liked:

Joe and Lesnar rivalry has gotten better and better by the week. I must say that interview segment was perfect and I feel this should be done more often. Let the wrestlers talk and play off each other. Definately looking forward to their match and I hope they do well. (Although I do fear Lesnar might be cheap like he was with Ambrose at Wrestlemania)

Enzo's promo was really great. It's probably an given that he has fantastic mic skills. Although they have split up, I really do hope both Enzo and Cass grow from this and not become jobbers. It would definitely be a wasted opportunity to not give them at chance to see how they do on their own. Another match to look forward to at Great Balls of Fire, along with Joe vs Lesnar.

Wonder what Smackdown will do to top them.

18 minutes ago, GoodbyeBread said:

Enzo's promo was really great. It's probably an given that he has fantastic mic skills. Although they have split up, I really do hope both Enzo and Cass grow from this and not become jobbers. It would definitely be a wasted opportunity to not give them at chance to see how they do on their own. Another match to look forward to at Great Balls of Fire, along with Joe vs Lesnar.

Wonder what Smackdown will do to top them.

It is such a shame they broke up because Enzo sucks at wrestling and he will get lost on 205 live or something. Why couldn't they have just made him Cass's manager and then the two of them could have stuck together but Cass could have had his single run.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

It is such a shame they broke up because Enzo sucks at wrestling and he will get lost on 205 live or something. Why couldn't they have just made him Cass's manager and then the two of them could have stuck together but Cass could have had his single run.

I respectfully agree and disagree with you

You are right with Enzo's wrestling ability. Enzo is to his in ring skill as Cass is to his mic skills. Both aren't that good at it and need more improvement. I felt like they were "complimentary wrestlers". One does the talking, one the does the wreslting. Seems like a cliche, but it does work. A good example is Paul heyman and Brock Lesnar.

I dont think he will be disposed on 205 live. Looking back at when they first debuted and the pop they brought on raw to some of their matches the past few months, I feel like they can really draw a crowd and become very entertaining. Personally, I feel like they should've had the tag titles before they split up. Both Enzo and Cass deserve a push and now they are separated, I hope they can be booked well. If not, I fear they can be both done already. Enzo would get the Bray Wyatt/Dolph Ziggler treatment (Make great promos, but if they lose a PPV match, that's all they can do) while Cass would get the Bobby Lashley/Jack Swagger treatment (Have Decent matches, but once given a title, they cut their promo and kill their own push).

At this point, it really boils down to their booking (which is 50-50). I do hope they can work on and improve on their shortcomings and not be reduced to a jobber. As I have mentioned before, it would be a wasted opportunity if they don't get at least a chance to shine on their own.

RAW (7/3/2017): First RAW of July was great. Just 5 more days for the exclusive Great Balls of Fire ? PPV this Sunday. Can't believe we're gonna see Enzo Amore and Big Cass fight one on one. It's gonna be the saddest match I'd watch so far. I really hope Seth and Bray's match won't be disappointing, as some of Bray's matches are not so damn good. I'm relying on Seth to make it good. I'm pretty sure Alexa will defeat Sasha this Sunday. They should've given Nia Jax a chance, like c'mon! Roman's spear to Braun was awesome! Can't wait for their match as well. The only match I'm mostly excited of is Brock and Joe. This one will set the whole PPV on fire! 

So, SD LIVE's tonight and there's been rumors of Cena returning. I really hope he doesn't. :lol: Can't wait to see what Carmella has to say about her win for the second time in history! ? ?

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 1

I haven't watched any main roster (only NXT) stuff since Mania, but I guess I need to watch Lesnar - Joe although it's 100% sure that Lesnar retains his title. But I guess it could be fun match if Lesnar is in the mood.

• Like 1

SmackDown LIVE (7/4/2017): Great show. I guess that was another way to celebrate USA's Independence Day. The ropes for the ring had matching colors on the American flag. So, the rumors were true, John Cena returned. Haven't seen Rusev for a long time and I gotta say his new appearance looks weird rather. I think their rivalry's gonna start again and the rumors of Cena facing Mahal at SummerSlam won't happen. Randy was on fire! See Aiden, that's what happens when you diss Randy in front of his entrance. He could care less of being disqualified. I also loved his promo. I honestly feel happy about James's SD LIVE ban. I think Carmella should continue on her own and cash-in the Women's MitB by herself and win the title from Naomi. I thought the fact that Baron is Mr. MitB would change his character a little bit. Why attack Nakamura when you have your eyes on the WWE title? Congrats to AJ Styles winning the Independence Day Battle Royal for the No. 1 Contender of the US title. I'm sure he's gonna defeat Kevin Owens and Battleground this time. My favorite part of the show was The New Day vs The Usos Rap-Battle hosted by Guest Star Rapper, Wale! I would love to one again some time. The New Day rocked them! 

RAW's exclusive PPV, Great Balls of Fire ? is this Sunday, 9th of July. Can't wait! :D 

7 hours ago, Marccap said:

Just watched Smack Down as the battle royal was pretty much predictable at the end with AJ 1f612.png and was hoping it would be Sami just for something different. The mic battle with new day was pretty amusing 1f60a.png

Now they need to do a cross brand rap battle at Summerslam. Wale can come in for Smackdown and then Sasha can get Snoop Dogg to come in for Raw. Actually a funny moment would be if Raw was trying to find some for their side and R-Truth came out and volunteered and then Sasha and Snoop come out and completely shut him down.

Vince make it happen :D

• Like 1

Raw_rendered--ec68e1bc84425572999a0fb774ea7165.png

Great_Balls_Of_Fire_Rendered--f1eac5860e9a96754e800bfdcad39085.png

WWE Great Balls of Fire

(Predictions)

Universal Champion Brock Lesnar def. Samoa Joe

Roman Reigns def. Braun Strowman (Ambulance Match)

RAW Women's Champion Alexa Bliss def. Sasha Banks

Seth Rollins def. Bray Wyatt

The Hardy Boyz def. RAW Tag Team Champions Cesaro & Sheamus (WWE 30-minute Iron Man match)

Intercontinental Champion The Miz def. Dean Ambrose

WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville def. Akira Torzawa (Kickoff Match)

Big Cass def. Enzo Amore

Edited by ee28max

8 minutes ago, ee28max said:

WWE Great Balls of Fire

(Predictions)

Universal Champion Brock Lesnar def. Samoa Joe

I think Brock will win...but there will be shenanigans so Joe can come back for a rematch. I don't think this is a 1 and done.

Roman Reigns def. Braun Strowman (Ambulance Match)

I also think Roman will win :( But what I want to see happen is Roman throws Braun in and as the ambulance is driving away Braun breaks through the wall of the ambulance and then goes about ripping the ambulance to shreds.

RAW Women's Champion Sasha Banks  def Alexa Bliss

I think Sasha will win it and this will lead to trouble between her and Bailey (I can beat her and you can't) which leads Bailey to go on a darker path (like she talked about on Stone Cold's podcast) and then we get a rematch of Sasha and Bailey in Brooklyn...but this time at Summerslam and not NXT

Seth is on the cover of 2K18...Bray is seen as a main event jobber. Seth wins

Cesaro & Sheamus def The Hardy Boyz . (WWE 30-minute Iron Man match)

It comes down to a tie but in the end Matt eats the final pin. This starts him going crazy and potentially Broken :) (that is if Anthem finally gives up the stupid fight)

I hope they leave it on Miz. Miz is so entertaining as champ and Dean NEEDS to move on to other things.

I don't think Neville is losing the belt until Summerslam

Big Cass def. Enzo Amore

Sorry Enzo, Cass is the one they see a future in :( Maybe they will do a rematch at SS but I think Cass is moving on to other things after this.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2017 at 5:14 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

RAW Women's Champion Sasha Banks  def Alexa Bliss

I think Sasha will win it and this will lead to trouble between her and Bailey (I can beat her and you can't) which leads Bailey to go on a darker path (like she talked about on Stone Cold's podcast) and then we get a rematch of Sasha and Bailey in Brooklyn...but this time at Summerslam and not NXT

I think you have a point here. If SummerSlam's gonna air at Brooklyn, then Sasha will defeat Alexa tomorrow. Sasha and Bailey at SummerSlam would also be one awesome thing to see. Again, it will be in the Top 50 Matches of the Year 2017.

Seth is on the cover of 2K18...Bray is seen as a main event jobber. Seth

That's what I thought as well. There's no doubt Seth will win this match.

I hope they leave it on Miz. Miz is so entertaining as champ and Dean NEEDS to move on to other things

I strongly agree here. It has been pointless seeing Dean get beaten by Miztourage and Miz himself every week on RAW. Miz is okay with the title. Dean needs to find a new role on RAW and their rivalry should end after the match.

I don't think Neville is losing the belt until Summerslam

Exactly what I was thinking of as well. I'm sure Neville will win. SummerSlam could then be the end of his title reign.

Big Cass def. Enzo Amore

Sorry Enzo, Cass is the one they see a future in :( Maybe they will do a rematch at SS but I think Cass is moving on to other things after this.

Yep, I don't think Enzo has any future in WWE. Since the beginning, WWE wanted Cass to go solo in his career, as him being partners with Enzo doesn't fit well. I think Cass could go on one on one with Big Show at SummerSlam. :P

Overall, I have to say your predictions of WWE Great Balls of Fire are great 1f44d.png

• Like 1

Out of nowhere - AJ Styles defeats Kevin Owens and wins the US Championship at a house show in Madison Square Garden. A good way to change the title but a bit weird at the same time. Maybe Owens was injured recently ?

1 hour ago, goszu said:

Out of nowhere - AJ Styles defeats Kevin Owens and wins the US Championship at a house show in Madison Square Garden. A good way to change the title but a bit weird at the same time. Maybe Owens was injured recently ?

Possible, or they just decided to do a big change at MSG to make people think "anything can happen at a house show"

34 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

The greatest man that ever lived gets to the WWE, becomes yet another supreme talent that's beyond wasted, and is now gone.  Re;eased requested... and granted.  Hopefully he'll go somewhere that he'll be appreciated.

I am assuming you are talking about Aries :( It sucks he is out of WWE but good for him for trying it and then realizing he is worse more than they are using him. I think too many stars are blinded by WWE being the biggest company they sacrifice their self worth just to make a pay cheque

12 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Possible, or they just decided to do a big change at MSG to make people think "anything can happen at a house show"

Sure, that's also possible. I'm just surprised because it's the first time I've heard about a title switch at a house show. Granted, I've been following WWE for about a year after a looooong break from wrestling, like 90s WCW times.

Anyway, I'm glad because AJ is one of my favourite wrestlers right now.

3 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

The greatest man that ever lived gets to the WWE, becomes yet another supreme talent that's beyond wasted, and is now gone.  Re;eased requested... and granted.  Hopefully he'll go somewhere that he'll be appreciated.

I've heard he was very unhappy with not winning the Cruiserweight Title and basically being stuck in 205 Live limbo even though his feud with Neville was awesome. I'm sure he'll go to some other promotion and have great matches. NJPW maybe, or ROH ?

Edited by goszu

9 hours ago, goszu said:

Sure, that's also possible. I'm just surprised because it's the first time I've heard about a title switch at a house show. Granted, I've been following WWE for about a year after a looooong break from wrestling, like 90s WCW times.

Anyway, I'm glad because AJ is one of my favourite wrestlers right now.

I've heard he was very unhappy with not winning the Cruiserweight Title and basically being stuck in 205 Live limbo even though his feud with Neville was awesome. I'm sure he'll go to some other promotion and have great matches. NJPW maybe, or ROH ?

I think Joe beat Nakamura for the NXT title at a house show.

Raw_rendered--ec68e1bc84425572999a0fb774ea7165.png

7/9/2017

The first ever RAW PPV was not that bad. 9 matches in total, and about 3-4 hours of the duration. So starting off, congrats to Braun for defeating Roman in the Ambulance Match. I expected Roman to win this match, but it didn't happen. Was surprised to see the chair hits didn't get him down, it made him more furious - fuel was added to the fire. Very disappointed by Seth's loss to Bray Wyatt. I thought he was gonna win this match again, I mean, he's the cover star of the upcoming WWE 2K18! A little glad that Miz is still the Intercontinental champ. I enjoy the show with him holding the title. I think it's time Dean finds a new role on RAW. Neville strikes back again. I'm sure he isn't losing the Cruiserweight title until SummerSlam. Can he do it? Also a little surprised why Sasha isn't the new RAW Women's champion. I mean, she won the match, but doesn't have the title. Same thing that happened with the Usos and The New Day at Money in the Bank. Brock Lesnar and Samoa Joe... This was obvious, wasn't it? I'm glad The Beast defeated Joe. Joe has been really pumped up in the past few weeks at RAW. That's not what I call "not fearing the Beast." 

RAW is tonight, and the next PPV is one of the big 4 - SummerSlam that will take place on the 20th of August. It will also include SD LIVE. 

Some of the endings aside (really?  Another freakin' title match with an intentional countout... really?), I really liked the show.  Good matches from top to bottom, if you don't count the Hawkins/Slater affair that we couldn't even see, the right people won, as long as you don't count Brock going over Joe, and some sweet storytelling, as long as you don't count Bray/Seth.

51 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Some of the endings aside (really?  Another freakin' title match with an intentional countout... really?), I really liked the show.  Good matches from top to bottom, if you don't count the Hawkins/Slater affair that we couldn't even see, the right people won, as long as you don't count Brock going over Joe, and some sweet storytelling, as long as you don't count Bray/Seth.

Countouts are such lazy booking. I mean you either gave up or were unable to continue...so you lose and you shouldn't be champion