The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

5 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Countouts are such lazy booking. I mean you either gave up or were unable to continue...so you lose and you shouldn't be champion

Surely there is no difference between an intentional count out and simply forfeited a match.....good ol' wwe logic right there :(

1 minute ago, Razza said:

Surely there is no difference between an intentional count out and simply forfeited a match.....good ol' wwe logic right there :(

Yeah and they have done so many countouts in the last couple of years they have lost all meaning.

I think one of the ones that bugged me the most was when Nikki did a Fuck Finish when she was 1 night away from breaking the Divas Record and Steph comes out and is like "you will have to defend it next week at the PPV" and I was like "so you are going to let your champion cheat her way into the record book...why not just book a legit ending and have Nikki actually earn the record (since her title reign was mostly dqs or non-defences anyways).

Like if WWE doesn't care about the product how do they expect the fans to care

Raw_rendered--ec68e1bc84425572999a0fb774ea7165.png

7/10/2017

Another great show last night. :yay: So, The Monster Among Men is out for a while, but he'll be back Roman for sure. The promo was really awesome and I was super flabbergasted when Brock grabbed the mic off of his advocates hands. I got super excited from that moment! The time has finally arrived as Roman wants the Universal title from Brock at SummerSlam, but he has to go through Samoa first. Will he do it? We'll find out next week. The opening of the "Must-see" talk show, Miz TV, after the Great Balls of Fire PPV was awesome. He got all the fans to cheer by saying Dean's name on the envelope, but it was actually his. Dean is being a baby right now. You can see it in his eyes that he needs his brother-in-arms to take down Miz and Miztourage. Seth helped him at the beginning, then Dean returned it at the end. I guess Big Cass got himself an opponent of his own size at SummerSlam, Big Show. We all see that Enzo is out of action after what happened at the Great Balls of Fire PPV. Finally, the cat will be let out of the bag next week. What in this world could be Kurt Angle's mystery contact?

With SmackDown LIVE tonight, Kevin Owens claims his US title back from AJ Styles. Could this be true? :D 

21 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

I'm thinking Brock Lesnar will fight Roman Reigns, Samoa Joe and Braun Strowman at SummerSlam.

Hopefully they'll write Strowman off of TV until SS so he can make another thunderous return and screw RR out of the win in a triple threat match.  Or better yet, just ambush Reigns when he's coming down the ramp, remove him from the match entirely, and let Joe and Brock show what they could do if given more than 6 minutes. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Hopefully they'll write Strowman off of TV until SS so he can make another thunderous return and screw RR out of the win in a triple threat match.  Or better yet, just ambush Reigns when he's coming down the ramp, remove him from the match entirely, and let Joe and Brock show what they could do if given more than 6 minutes. 

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!!!!!

Summerslam isn't until August right? So Brock will continue making irregular appearances and doing no matches until then, right? They need to give that Universal Championship to somebody else. Ever since Kevin Owens lost it back in February it has become a bit irrelevant. It is disappointing to see the Intercontinental belt as the main belt on RAW. Shame Samoa Joe lost on Sunday. I reckon he would've been a great champ. Perhaps not as fun as Owens was but certainly more intimitating. 

WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

7/11/2017

Not much to say about last night's SD LIVE show. Just a little surprised to see that John Cena still wanted a US title shot (especially from AJ Styles). The opening segment ended as both Styles and Cena were beaten down by Kevin Owens and Rusev. The Tag Team match was at least entertaining enough for the night. Alright, so Baron Corbin is this year's Mr. MitB... What does he want now? His brawl with Nakamura was brutal enough, so their match at Battleground could be possibly booked. So, Jinder will bring the Punjabi prison next week? Can't wait! 

Rumors of the person behind Kurt Angle's storyline could be former TNA president, Dixie Carter. We'll find out on RAW, next Monday.

It's sounding like Del Rio has gone completely off the rails and the shit show that is Alberto might be coming to an end.  Hopefully Paige will survive said shit show and finally learn that Everyone around her ( how fitting was it that HHH was the initial guru who actively tried to separate those two), and yes it was EVERYONE, including her own family, was right and it's time to grow up and rebuild her life.  With the movie about her life on the horizon I'd bet most anything that Vince, HHH, and everyone else who decides careers would be waiting with open arms to accept her back and make her the feel good story of the year.  Del Rio's such a piece of shit and I really want to see Paige get her head on straight.  I mean, it's happened to people who were far deeper down than her right?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

It's sounding like Del Rio has gone completely off the rails and the shit show that is Alberto might be coming to an end.  Hopefully Paige will survive said shit show and finally learn that Everyone around her ( how fitting was it that HHH was the initial guru who actively tried to separate those two), and yes it was EVERYONE, including her own family, was right and it's time to grow up and rebuild her life.  With the movie about her life on the horizon I'd bet most anything that Vince, HHH, and everyone else who decides careers would be waiting with open arms to accept her back and make her the feel good story of the year.  Del Rio's such a piece of shit and I really want to see Paige get her head on straight.  I mean, it's happened to people who were far deeper down than her right?

Do you have a link to Del Rio going off the rail?

2 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

Do you have a link to Del Rio going off the rail?

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/alberto-el-patron-suspended-indefinitely-global-force-wrestling/

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/paiges-brother-alberto-beat-sister-cocaine-allegations/

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/alberto-el-patron-detained-orlando-airport-domestic-battery-allegations/

Kind of the initial / update / update progress of the latest story.  He also has some other lesser things he's participated in (mostly just stupid videos and tweets) but this seems kind of like it might be the back-breaking straw... hopefully.

Edited by skidmarkgn

3 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/alberto-el-patron-suspended-indefinitely-global-force-wrestling/

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/paiges-brother-alberto-beat-sister-cocaine-allegations/

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/alberto-el-patron-detained-orlando-airport-domestic-battery-allegations/

Kind of the initial / update / update progress of the latest story.  He also has some other lesser things he's participated in (mostly just stupid videos and tweets) but this seems kind of like it might be the back-breaking straw... hopefully.

Judging by what has been said, this seems like the downfall of Alberto for sure. My only question is where will he end up? if there is anything to learn from our history of domestic abuse (I.e. Adam rose, Lex Luger,etc), things often go downhill from here.

I don't know what's going to happen to Paige. I mean right now, She needs to get away from her husband and return to her family as soon as possible. But given the fact that she has been physically and mentally abused, her future isn't looking to well. Even if she returns back to WWE, she problably won't be the same (assuming she did coke as well with Del Rio). She'll need all the help she can get.

Between Jason Jordan and Chad gable, who would make more sense as an Angle?  And after everyone on the planet says Gable, Vince, of course, decides on Jordan.  Is that man even capable of basic thought and logic anymore?  But hey, at least another sweet tag team is done, good lord.

Edited by skidmarkgn

2 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Between Jason Jordan and Chad gable, who would make more sense as an Angle?  And after everyone on the planet says Gable, Vince, of course, decides on Jordan.  Is that man even capable of basic thought and logic anymore?  But hey, at least another sweet tag team is done, good lord.

From this point onwards he shall now be renamed...... Jangle! 

That was terrible.... I'm as out of touch as that old git Vinnie Mac :(

Edited by Razza

Raw_rendered--ec68e1bc84425572999a0fb774ea7165.png

7/17/2017

You've got to be kidding me, right? Jason Jordan? So that's why American Alpha are no more. Chad Gable has gone solo on SD LIVE, and Jason Jordan has arrived on RAW. Now, Kurt Angle could make a super huge push for his son (since he would be his favorite on the show), and ruin almost everything. I thought the mystery was based on Triple H and Stephanie's return to RAW, but that wasn't the case. There'll be a 2-on-3 handicap match next week. Looking at Seth's eyes, you could tell he was really sorry for what he did on 5/6/2014 when The Shield broke up. This was because of Triple H telling him that he'd make him the future of WWE. I like how Miz and Miztourage came down the ring and beat both Rollins and Ambrose up. That's one match I'm looking forward to next week. The Monster Among Men is back, Roman! He isn't finished with you yet. :awesome: I knew this would happen. Joe and Roman's match ended because of his interference. We might be getting a fatal 4-way at SummerSlam, but I don't want that to happen. Braun and Roman's rivalry has gone wild in the roster and I doubt it would end soon. I want to see Roman and Brock at SummerSlam for real. We'll just find out what will go on during the next 3 RAW shows before the PPV. 

SmackDown LIVE's Battleground kicks-off this Sunday, 7/23/2017. Mahal will be bringing the Punjabi Prison. Stay tuned. :) 

I recommend you all check out Solomonster Sounds Off, a weekly (every Sunday) podcast hosted by Jason Solomon. He's an intelligent wrestling fan that talks all things pro wrestling. If you want a weekly round up of the events that happen in pro wrestling, then be sure to check out The Solomonster.

https://solomonster.podbean.com/

MattedSpam

• Like 1

WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

7/18/2017

Looks like everyone in this roster is ready for Battleground this Sunday. The Punjabi Prison has finally arrived since 2007 (if I'm not wrong). Looks like Randy can also handle the Prison as he isn't afraid of falling off. Cena got attacked by Rusev and just gave up. :lol: Hope their match won't be disappointing. The Usos strike again! Do they have what it takes to defeat The New Day or are they gonna fall down a mountain? I honestly expected Charlotte to win that match against Becky and never knew she'd tap out. Watch out, Carmella is still out to steal whoever wins the Fatal 5-way match's spot at SummerSlam. Nakamura's entrance was interrupted again by Corbin. Now they're gonna face off one on one. I still wish Kevin had the US title and would defend it against AJ this Sunday. 

Battleground_logo--5f2362b59c1a927b8c46edd25c8bcf03.png

WWE BATTLEGROUND

(Predictions)

7/23/2017

Randy Orton def. WWE Champion Jinder Mahal (Punjabi Prison Match)

Jinder embarrassed Randy in his hometown, so I think Randy will get his revenge now. I think WWE wants to make him the 14 time champ.

John Cena def. Rusev (Flag Match)

Well, Cena can be a baby and all that, but he will win this match. I mean, c'mon guys. He just returned.

The New Day def. SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos

The Usos got away with the Tag titles by count out at MitB, so this time, they ain't leaving the Battleground with them.

Shinsuke Nakamura def. Baron Corbin 

The Rock Star's entrance has been interrupted twice now. He will put it to an end for real.

United States Champion AJ Styles def. Kevin Owens

The Phenomenal one just recently became the US champ. I wish Owens still had it until Battleground, so he could lose it here. 

Lana def. Charlotte FlairBecky LynchNatalya Tamina (Five-Way Elimination Match to determine Naomi's opponent at SummerSlam)

I don't think Lana and Naomi's feud is over yet. That's until they fight at SummerSlam and wait for Carmella to cash-in her MitB.

Sami Zayn def. Mike Kanellis

Zayn didn't have a fair match on SD LIVE, so I think he'll win this one. OR, Kanellis will win this match again.

Zack Ryder Mojo Rowley will be revealed as Breezango's attackers

This is obvious, isn't it? Ryder and Rowley don't have a spot on this PPV, so it could be them all along.

Tye Dillinger def. Aiden English (Kickoff Match)

This is also super obvious. The #Perfect10 will win this match and climb up the ladder in SD LIVE for new opportunities. 

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 1

I really wish that Jason Jordan being the son of Kurt Angle will help him getting to the next level, rather than kill his career. I mean, from now on people will always remember him as Kurt's child, even more than let's say Randy being Bob Orton's son, or Curtis Axel being Mr. Perfect's son. It's gonna be a subject for years to come.

And now that they went so far, they should go all the way with it. Give Jordan the Angle Slam, Angle Lock, a few Suplex variations. Let him be as confident and cocky as Kurt was when he started.

Anyway, the next special event is around the corner, so let's get to it:

Tye Dillinger vs Aiden English

Winner: Tye Dillinger - typical Kickoff match and none better than Tye to hype the crowd before the actual show.

Mike Kanellis vs Sami Zayn

Winner: Mike Kanellis - this can go both ways, but since it is Mike's first PPV match, I'm gonna pick him.

WWE SD Tag Team Championship - The Usos vs The New Day

Winners: The Usos - simply because I don't wanna see another New Day title reign. Not that many alternatives on the roster though.

Baron Corbin vs Shinsuke Nakamura

Winner: Shinsuke Nakamura - Baron had the upper hand most of the time, that's why Shinsuke will have his revenge. Plus, hopefully this'll be the beginning of Nakamura's push, so he can either face Styles or Mahal for the US or WWE title at SummerSlam.

Flag Match - John Cena vs Rusev

Winner: John Cena - I don't understand why they waited so long for Rusev's SD debut (remember the videos of him demanding a title shot at MITB?!), only to let him job to Cena, but that's just the way it is. Super Cena is back and will probably also have a title match at SummerSlam.

WWE United States Chamiponship - AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens

Winner: AJ Styles - AJ just won the belt and rightfully deserves a good run as Champ.

No. 1 Contenders Fatal-5-Way Elimination Match - Becky Lynch vs Charlotte vs Lana vs Natalya vs Tamina

Winner: Charlotte. It's about time for her to be the Queen again and for the biggest event of the summer, you need to have the biggest names on the card. But they could also go with Tamina and let her beat up Naomi at SummerSlam, before Carmella cashes in the MITB briefcase.

WWE Championship / Punjabi Prison Match - Randy Orton vs Jinder Mahal

Winner: Jinder Mahal - I think they're gonna try it for one more month with Jinder and then end his boring run. Orton on the other hand will be out of the picture and who knows where his road will lead him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jesaya815 said:

I really wish that Jason Jordan being the son of Kurt Angle will help him getting to the next level, rather than kill his career. I mean, from now on people will always remember him as Kurt's child, even more than let's say Randy being Bob Orton's son, or Curtis Axel being Mr. Perfect's son. It's gonna be a subject for years to come.

And now that they went so far, they should go all the way with it. Give Jordan the Angle Slam, Angle Lock, a few Suplex variations. Let him be as confident and cocky as Kurt was when he started.

What I am hoping happens is it turns out later that Jordan and Graves cooked this all up to get Jordan a push and they can do a heel turn on Kurt around Mania time.

That way Jordan still gets a push but isn't saddled with a gimmick that will probably hurt him later on...although Edge and Christian are no longer brothers so I guess families break apart anyways

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

What I am hoping happens is it turns out later that Jordan and Graves cooked this all up to get Jordan a push and they can do a heel turn on Kurt around Mania time.

That way Jordan still gets a push but isn't saddled with a gimmick that will probably hurt him later on...although Edge and Christian are no longer brothers so I guess families break apart anyways

That sounds like a really good idea. The whole involvement with Corey Graves was strange from the get go and led to nowhere (thus far at least).

At one time I thought Graves would become the new GM. He could've gotten his info from Stephanie, who wanted to get rid of Angle somehow. Kurt looked like an idiot when it was Graves - as a simple color commentator - who uncovered the truth about the attacks on Enzo. That should've been the General Manager's job and not Corey's.

Just now, Jesaya815 said:

That sounds like a really good idea. The whole involvement with Corey Graves was strange from the get go and led to nowhere (thus far at least).

At one time I thought Graves would become the new GM. He could've gotten his info from Stephanie, who wanted to get rid of Angle somehow. Kurt looked like an idiot when it was Graves - as a simple color commentator - who uncovered the truth about the attacks on Enzo. That should've been the General Manager's job and not Corey's.

Yeah it was weird that Cory was involved in so many "mysteries"

Also I love how WWE did 3 different mysteries at the same time (Enzo, Kurt and Fashion Police) it is like someone on the writing staff saw Riverdale and 12 Reasons Why and was like "people like mysteries...let's do a whole bunch of them"

I'm just going to say it

This was by far the worst Battleground PPV

Nakamura lost to Baron Corbin. Corbin didn't even need a win, because with the briefcase, He could afford to lose some matches. But now, all that build for Nakamura is gone and buried with him. People will now only see him as a mediocre wrestler with a fancy entrance. At this point, I rather have him return to NJPW or ROH. If Austin Aries believed that wwe would just hold him in the cruiserweight, I am certain wwe would just hold Nakamura in the mid card, which is a shame when you realize what Nakamura can really do in the ring.

AJ and Owens match felt really ridiculous, especially the ending.

Jinder Mahal vs Randy ortan.....with the Great Khali returning. I guess you can argue this for an ideal story angle, but as for the match itself, I cannot say anything positive about it.

aside from those matches, New day vs Usos was great, Divas elimination was decent, Aiden English vs Tye Dillinger was good and Rusev vs Cena was "passable"

• Like 1