The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

38 minutes ago, GoodbyeBread said:

I'm just going to say it

This was by far the worst Battleground PPV

Nakamura lost to Baron Corbin. Corbin didn't even need a win, because with the briefcase, He could afford to lose some matches. But now, all that build for Nakamura is gone and buried with him. People will now only see him as a mediocre wrestler with a fancy entrance. At this point, I rather have him return to NJPW or ROH. If Austin Aries believed that wwe would just hold him in the cruiserweight, I am certain wwe would just hold Nakamura in the mid card, which is a shame when you realize what Nakamura can really do in the ring.

Wait I thought Nakamura won via DQ due to the low blow? I thought this was fine because it extends the feud which gives two potential main eventers something to do while Orton/Cena/Jinder get their bullshit out of the way. The way they did it also made it seem like Nakamura had the match won clean had it not been for the low blow which gets heat on Baron Corbin. I really don't see how any of this made either man look bad.

I agree with you on pretty much every other match tho. Usos/New Day was executed way better than I expected. It was refreshing to see Xavier Woods get some good in ring time instead of just being a pseudo manager.

Edited by TVDex252

34 minutes ago, GoodbyeBread said:

Rusev vs Cena was "passable"

Aside from the fact that this match felt more pre-determined than any other on the card.  Rusev holds the stand for the flag (the stand that's required to be in it's proper place for Cena to win), in his hands, hits Cena with it, then carefully places it back in place instead of getting rid of it entirely.  This was, of course, after setting up the "gosh I wonder what's going to happen with those" tables.

Also, the Singh (or however you spell it) brothers... how long are they going to keep getting absolutely murdered before they're like... "you know Jinder, maybe we're gonna go ahead and try something new"?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skidmarkgn said:

Aside from the fact that this match felt more pre-determined than any other on the card.  Rusev holds the stand for the flag (the stand that's required to be in it's proper place for Cena to win), in his hands, hits Cena with it, then carefully places it back in place instead of getting rid of it entirely.  This was, of course, after setting up the "gosh I wonder what's going to happen with those" tables.

Also, the Singh (or however you spell it) brothers... how long are they going to keep getting absolutely murdered before they're like... "you know Jinder, maybe we're gonna go ahead and try something new"?

I hope they get put into the tag team scene over the next few months. They've both taken some pretty dangerous bumps over the last month and aside from being tossed around like toddlers by Orton, I feel like they have some potential. With American Alpha breaking up, Hype Bros seemingly on the way to breaking up and Primo/Epico being off TV for the next few months, Smackdown could really use another tag team. They can work and from what I've seen they are okay on the mic so why not?

2 minutes ago, TVDex252 said:

Wait I thought Nakamura won via DQ due to the low blow? I thought this was fine because it extends the feud which gives two potential main eventers something to do while Orton/Cena/Jinder get their bullshit out of the way. The way they did it also made it seem like Nakamura had the match won clean had it not been for the low blow which gets heat on Baron Corbin. I really don't see how any of this made either man look bad.

I agree with you on pretty much every other match tho. Usos/New Day was executed way better than I expected. It was refreshing to see Xavier Woods get some good in ring time instead of just being a pseudo manager.

Nakamure did win, but that's not the point.  He was laying on the mat in pain while Corbin held up the "it's okay to lose" box triumphantly, then he came back and put Nakamura down again with his finisher.  Nothing about that made Nakamura, who should be being built as a top guy, look strong at all.  Corbin has zero charisma, like in any way.  He's big, and he's still really green.  Nakamura however, has it all and he's being held down in every way.  Just another case of Vince refusing to put someone who gained fame in another promotion over "his guy" because of his unbelievable ego.  Wouldn't be surprised at all if Shinske made like Aries and eventually got fed up.

• Like 1

Battleground_logo--5f2362b59c1a927b8c46edd25c8bcf03.png

WWE BATTLEGROUND

7/23/2017

Oh...my...gosh. I can't believe it, alright. The creator of the Punjabi Prison match stipulation is back - yep, the 7 ft 1 tall man The Great Khali. Now that's why he chose that stipulation. What was the use? Randy lost three times now to Jinder, from BackLash, to Money in the Bank, and then BATTLEGROUND. The road to SummerSlam for SD LIVE has already started from MitB. Who is he gonna face now? We'll find out on Tuesday. AJ Styles lost to Kevin Owens already? Now he's the 3-time US champ. I'm glad Natalya won the Fatal 5-way elimination match. She deserves the SD LIVE Women's title. It has been about 7 years since she has held a championship. Carmella might cash-in at SummerSlam, then she'll start a feud with Natalya. Make it happen! I knew Cena would win. How? It's simple... Just look at the colors on the BATTLEGROUND logo. :awesome: I wish Nakamura won that match against Baron. It's time he moves up and finds bigger opportunities in SD LIVE. The New Day won. It's for their boring title run again. :rolleyes: The Usos handled it well and should've kept them a little longer. OMG, Tye Dillinger lost to Aiden English. I hope they have a rematch on Tuesday and the Perfect 10 should win. I wanna see him in more entertaining matches. :)

I'm excited tonight on RAW. I wanna what Braun has to say about beating up both Roman and Joe last week, what Kurt and his son Jordan's new story will be, Seth & Dean vs Miz & Miztourage 2-on-3 handicap match, etc.   

• Like 1

Just now, skidmarkgn said:

Nakamure did win, but that's not the point.  He was laying on the mat in pain while Corbin held up the "it's okay to lose" box triumphantly, then he came back and put Nakamura down again with his finisher.  Nothing about that made Nakamura, who should be being built as a top guy, look strong at all.  Corbin has zero charisma, like in any way.  He's big, and he's still really green.  Nakamura however, has it all and he's being held down in every way.  Just another case of Vince refusing to put someone who gained fame in another promotion over "his guy" because of his unbelievable ego.  Wouldn't be surprised at all if Shinske made like Aries and eventually got fed up.

The guy has been on TV for like 2-3 months and is being featured in a feud with a guy 6 inches taller than him who also happens to be on his way to the top of the card. Nakamura had him beat and was taken out by classic heel tactics. What is wrong with a babyface being 'defeated' by a heel who uses underhanded tactics. How does it make Nakamura look bad? And if that's the case then what is even the point of having heels to begin with if they can't get over by cheating?

The argument can be made that Nakamura should be at the top of the card but I don't see anything wrong with building him up over time to get him there. Nothing about last night made him look weak and it's not like he was beaten down by some jabroni. Let's wait for the payoff before we label his WWE run a failure because it obviously isn't a one and done.

53 minutes ago, TVDex252 said:

The guy has been on TV for like 2-3 months and is being featured in a feud with a guy 6 inches taller than him who also happens to be on his way to the top of the card. Nakamura had him beat and was taken out by classic heel tactics. What is wrong with a babyface being 'defeated' by a heel who uses underhanded tactics. How does it make Nakamura look bad? And if that's the case then what is even the point of having heels to begin with if they can't get over by cheating?

The argument can be made that Nakamura should be at the top of the card but I don't see anything wrong with building him up over time to get him there. Nothing about last night made him look weak and it's not like he was beaten down by some jabroni. Let's wait for the payoff before we label his WWE run a failure because it obviously isn't a one and done.

He looked weak, there's no argument to be had about that.  He was left laying on the mat, while Corbin stood tall... twice.  This also happened after being beat down by Corbin over and over during the last few weeks.  At no point has Nakamura been made to look strong over the course of this feud, and, history shows that when Vince has something going between a "WWE" guy and someone who got over somewhere else, he will 99% of the time go with "his guy", that's what he does.  Corbin losing the match via heel tactics is fine, him going back into the ring and putting Nakamura down gain, isn't.  

At this point, Smackdown is in a state of complete idiocy.  Booking is terrible, storylines are terrible, the only reason most people are holding on is the hope that Nakamura vs. AJ is in the immediate future, but, even if it is, it's looking like it'll be a mid-card feud while Jinder and Khali dominate the main event scene.  That's absolutely unacceptable.  But again, Vince's history of decision making...

• Like 1

on July 10th I made a prediction for SummerSlam

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman vs Samoa Joe

Tonight that came true. A fatal four with four powerhouses at SummerSlam.  Called that from a mile away

Raw was good tonight in my opinion. I find it silly for them constantly repeat Jason Jordan is Kurt's son. I think it's best when they show it not tell it. Regardless, this might be a good push for Jordan.

Im not sure about the Enzo/Cass storyline, especially with the "I'll snap his neck" from Cass. I'm for heelish moves but that feels distasteful. Still, Cass gets more and more heat and Enzo continues to get crushed. Hoping something great for both of them. Main event was my favorite and problably match of the night. I really liked Dean Ambrose in this, especially at the end. They celebrated, hugged and when Seth put out his fist (Shield trademark), Dean left. Very happy that wrestlers are aware of their histories with each other rather. To me, this is much better than when Seth and Roman teamed up.

Edited by GoodbyeBread
  • Like 1

I agree with you guys, Battleground was the worst PPV this year. The Tag Team Titlematch was great and then it went downhill fast. AJ vs Owens was good as well, but the ending ruined the match. Nattie as No. 1 Contender and Khali back in the WWE, really?! The roster has so much potential, but the Booking is just crap since the Shake-up.

Raw was indeed pretty cool. I like the slow build-up between Ambrose and Rollins. That's how you tell a story between two friends who hated each other for so long. Showing Sheamus and Cesaro during their match could be foreshadowing of a possible feud between The Shield and The Bar at some point.

Fatal 4 Way for the Universal Championship will be a Slobberknocker, no doubt about that. Bayley has another chance at the Women's title, while Banks is being sidelined again. Maybe Sasha will turn Heel this time around.

I'm also looking forward to Bray vs Finn. It's a fresh pairing, plus Wyatt could be the reason for The Fonz to turn into Demon Balor at SummerSlam.

Raw_rendered--ec68e1bc84425572999a0fb774ea7165.png

WWE RAW

7/24/2017

Honestly a great show. Those rumors around the web thought it was gonna a stand-alone one on one match Roman vs Brock at SummerSlam for the Universal Championship. Well guess what? It's gonna be a brutal Fatal 4-way! It's really RARE to see Brock in matches with more than 1 opponent seriously. Roman immediately shut Braun's mouth and started brawling. It was great. This match is gonna be awesome, I can't wait. Oh, it's true, it's damn true! 

The 2-on-3 handicap match was awesome!!! Dean and Seth got each other's backs, until they won the match and celebrated. Dean left the ring as soon as Seth pointed out a Shield fist. They make a great tag team. I wanna see more from them.

Now it's Alexa vs Bayley at SummerSlam. No more kendo sticks, no more. Sasha is most likely to turn heel soon. 

Jordan made his RAW debut. He defeated Hawkins and man, his dad must've been proud. Hawkins keeps losing matches. That's the weirdest streak I've ever seen. :lol: 

Bray Wyatt and Finn Balor at SummerSlam will be something cool as well. The NO DQ match was as much entertaining than I thought. That Sister Abigail hit him hard. 

7 hours ago, Jon06WHUFC said:

What do you guys think will be the WWE Title match at Summerslam? I am hearing it might be Jinder vs. Cena?

Yep, I've been hearing that as well. If Cena wins, he's gonna be 17x champ, which is a record. It would also be better if he wins, because Jinder's title reign is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. :rolleyes: 

Corbin might cash-in that night as well, and start a feud with Cena. :eyebrow:  

WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

WWE SmackDown LIVE

7/25/2017

Hey, finally. Jinder's title reign should be coming to an end. That's what has been making SD LIVE a little boring. So, Cena has to face Nakamura next Tuesday. Why Nakamura? :dunno: If he wins, then he's gonna be 17-time champ as a world record. He should be aware of Baron's ninja moves as he might cash-in after that match. According to the "rumors", the only reason why Jinder was made WWE champion, was because they had to increase the market in India. I thought The Great Khali would appear last night. 

Jericho is back, mannnnnn. I wish he won that Triple Threat match for the US title. Looks like AJ Styles got it back, and now KO wants another rematch next week. I hope Jericho will do something as well. 

Wow, The New Day got beaten up badly and their celebration was interrupted as soon as Big E got cut off his mic. Not sure whether they'll be seeking revenge next week, but I think they're gonna have a match at SummerSlam. If not, then the other Tag Teams will be included.

Nakamura finally won against Corbin. Now that was a fair rematch. His interview with Renee was... short. Let's see what he's gonna do on his match with Cena. I still don't get it why Daniel chose Nakamura to be his opponent. Maybe I'm just lost or something. :lol: 

I enjoyed the Tye & Zayn vs Aiden & Mike tag team match. It was really entertaining. :) 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

I'm going to make a prediction.

Both Jinder and Corbin will interfere in the Cena vs Nakamura match

And then they make it a 4 way for the title ^_^

I am hoping for as many 4 ways and 5 ways as possible on summerslam (obvious sarcasm).

• Like 1

Didn't they have a PPV called fatal 4-way one year where all the matches were four ways?

On 27/07/2017 at 11:05 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

I am hoping for as many 4 ways and 5 ways as possible on summerslam (obvious sarcasm).

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:05 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

I doubt that would be the case

Usually when people interfere with two faces or two heels gang up on one face (where one face ultimately comes out to the rescue), it's always is going to be a tag team match set up by the GM.

If they do a four way match, I wouldn't be surprised. If you look at it from a business prospective, it makes sense. Raw and SD, although both owned by WWE, are competing with each other. Raw has the Universal title match in a fatal four (Roman Reigns v Brock lesnar v Samoa Joe vs Braun Strowman). So if SD ends up making it into a fatal four way, it would be a response to Raw's main event. To me, it's like a game of "Who can do it better?"

Right now, Raw has the Talent advantage and people are looking forward to that event.

But as history and SD has taught us, More talent =/= 5 Star match. How they are booked will make the difference

Shinsuke Nakamura won? That awesome ?

It was a pretty awesome match as well as an awesome show. Well...Match wise atleast.

Chad Gable lost in his match against Rusev. Still, regardless if american alpha is gone, Chad really improved on his wrestling ability. After that, it's a little meh. Rusev and Ortan are going to fight at SummerSlam. Might be a good chance for Rusev to get back into the spotlight 

Styles and Owen will be going to SummerSlam with Shane as the ref. I love their matches, even if the endings are a little "anti climatic"

i guess if if their was one downside, it would be after Sami Zayn vs Aiden English. Mike and Maria just show up and say "Oh we love watching you lose". Might as well have Nelson from the Simpsons come out and say "Ha-Haw". I think they should've had a longer promo. 

(As a side note, tell me how can you have Mike and Maria heel? Not that I'm not complaining, just having a hard time wrapping my head around their gimmick/theme if you will. Like Bobby Roode, it feels like their theme fits a face than it does a heel.)

Overall, Sd topped Raw (Match wise)

So, is anyone else just waiting to hear about Cena's concussion and Bayley's separated shoulder?  Those were some brutal bumps.  Also, even though he lost, Gable looked extremely good in that match against Rusev.  I hope and pray that he doesn't just become another jobber and has at least a decent mid-card run.  How Vince went on to choose Jordan instead of him for the Angle's son storyline is still beyond me.  Gable is absolutely perfect for that spot.

Edit - looks like the wait is over, Bayley's shoulder injury is confirmed.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

So, is anyone else just waiting to hear about Cena's concussion and Bayley's separated shoulder?  Those were some brutal bumps.  Also, even though he lost, Gable looked extremely good in that match against Rusev.  I hope and pray that he doesn't just become another jobber and has at least a decent mid-card run.  How Vince went on to choose Jordan instead of him for the Angle's son storyline is still beyond me.  Gable is absolutely perfect for that spot.

Yeah it looks like Cena is done for a bit. He is starring in that Transformers movie and they aren't going to let him wrestle and fuck that up.

19 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

I was thinking he could at least challenge for the US title

1 hour ago, Jon06WHUFC said:

Yeah I would like to see Chad Gable fight for the US Title. They should use the belt for the new stars they are building rather than have Owens and Styles fighting over it when they have already been Heavyweight Champions.

That's the thing

Styles and Owens need to feud over the US Title, so the belt's value can go up. Having main eventers hold these belts increases it value. If you were to compare it to the Intercontinental Championship belt, you would see the US Title's value is worth less than of the IC Belt.

While I agree that new stars should hold the US belt, there has to be some prestige to it. Imagine if Undertaker and Stone Cold Steve Austin fought for the US belt. 

Alright dammit.  After thinking about, watching and discussing the Rusev / Gable match for a day, I'm going all in on giving faith to the WWE.  There's gotta be a swerve-a-brewin' here with the Angle's son story line.  Gable looked so strong in that match that they have to be planning something high level for him right?  He also basically used Angle's ENTIRE moveset in that match (including the inevitable moonsault that misses).  After knee-jerk reacting to the original reveal there's just gotta be more to it.  Right?  It can't be a coincidence that they trotted Gable out and made him an Angle clone right out of the gate... right?

• Like 1