The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

So Paige said she will be returning to WWE soon. -> X

I'm not sure how this will all play out. She's still married to Alberto El Patron/Del Rio right? Cause if she trying return to WWE with El Patron, it might not work out well given how the couple's domestic and drug incident turned out.

If she's coming back alone, it might be best to put her on Raw.

11 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

So Paige said she will be returning to WWE soon. -> X

I'm not sure how this will all play out. She's still married to Alberto El Patron/Del Rio right? Cause if she trying return to WWE with El Patron, it might not work out well given how the couple's domestic and drug incident turned out.

If she's coming back alone, it might be best to put her on Raw.

You know what... f--k 'em both.  Del Rio is a certified P.O.S. and if Paige wants to go down that path too, so be it.  My fandom of both is completely gone (although it never really existed in Del Rio's case) and I couldn't care less if they succeed or fail.  I very highly doubt she's going to be treated well by HHH and Vince if she keeps on keepin' on like she is, which will spawn another drunken video of Alberto spewing his bullshit, which will cause further burying of Paige and the cycle will continue until its inevitable end of her being gone, either willingly or forced.  There's already enough female talent to carry both brands, not to mention a certain streak holding NXT champ that could easily fill any void that may develop.  WWE's just fine without them.

• Like 1

I say that's fair

Though to be honest, I would've like to see a Paige vs. Bliss rivalry. Could be quite entertaining.

*sigh* But unlike wrestlers such as Charlotte and Seth Rollins, Paige won't have an easy recovery. Given with all that has happened to her (Leaked pics, Domestic and Drug abuse, etc), I say it will be tough and as you have said, HHH and Vince will have none of it if another incident with her or her husband is brought up.

The next incident will be the final nail in the coffin if she doesn't pull herself together.

2 minutes ago, GoodbyeBread said:

I say that's fair

Though to be honest, I would've like to see a Paige vs. Bliss rivalry. Could be quite entertaining.

*sigh* But unlike wrestlers such as Charlotte and Seth Rollins, Paige won't have an easy recovery. Given with all that has happened to her (Leaked pics, Domestic and Drug abuse, etc), I say it will be tough and as you have said, HHH and Vince will have none of it if another incident with her or her husband is brought up.

The next incident will be the final nail in the coffin if she doesn't pull herself together.

Her one saving grace is the fact that there is a lot of money invested in that movie about her life. If it wasn't for that she would probably be gone

• Like 1

OK so I saw this picture for the Fatal Fourway and the first thing I thought was Joe is being sponsored by KFC. I mean did they have to give the chubby Samoan the fast food logo on his trunks ^_^

maxresdefault.jpg

On a more serious note I love how all sporting events (NFL, Wrestling, Olympics, World Cup...whatever) is brought to you by Coke, Mcdonalds, Doritos, Mountain Dew etc. I mean I understand that a large % of people that watch sports are usually not that in shape anyways but I still think it is hilarious that organizations built around individuals that are in phenomenal shape and got that way with strict diets and exercise...happily take money from companies that are responsible for the obesity problems we face today.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, GoodbyeBread said:

Baron Corbin cashed in......and lost

let that sink in for a moment

aside from that, a decent smackdown, but I'm speechless. I thought he would've cashed in after SummerSlam.

I would have liked to see Nakamura beat Jinder for the title and then have Corbin cash in and Nakamura successfully defends against him. I think that would have been a huge moment to end Summerslam (although the Raw Title will probably actually end Summer Slam.

I mean they need to start rehabbing Nakamura and 2 huge wins one after the other would have made him look like a complete superstar and give everyone in the arena a great feel good moment.

Then you have AJ win the Rumble and you go with Shinsuke vs AJ for the title at Mania (which is the what the fucking match should have been last year).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

Wait....what?

Baron Corbin cashed in Money in the Bank last night at Smackdown rather than wait a few days for Summerslam and cash it in then? And he lost?

I've never really rated Baron Corbin much but my already low opinion of him has gone down even further. In all fairness, I had fears Shinsuke would win the match and title against Jinder on Sunday only to lose it a few seconds later when Baron Corbin cashed in. At least I now have one less fear for Sunday.

The whole scenario was stupid in every way. Corbin looked like a complete idiot. He attacked John for no reason, he left the ring, suddenly changed his mind, waited forever for the "match" to start, then went after Cena, instead of staying focused on Mahal. But Cena acted dumb as well, because if he would've let Baron cash in successfully, their match at SummerSlam would've been for the title.

Anyone remember Edge's cash in on Cena? It made him a legend. He hold onto the briefcase for a long time and when no one expected a cash in, Edge came out and did it. Now it seems that the writers just wanna get rid of the briefcases as fast as possible. Carmella won't carry it around much longer too. Maybe until Sunday, maybe a couple weeks more, but not for months to come.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jesaya815 said:

The whole scenario was stupid in every way. Corbin looked like a complete idiot. He attacked John for no reason, he left the ring, suddenly changed his mind, waited forever for the "match" to start, then went after Cena, instead of staying focused on Mahal. But Cena acted dumb as well, because if he would've let Baron cash in successfully, their match at SummerSlam would've been for the title.

Anyone remember Edge's cash in on Cena? It made him a legend. He hold onto the briefcase for a long time and when no one expected a cash in, Edge came out and did it. Now it seems that the writers just wanna get rid of the briefcases as fast as possible. Carmella won't carry it around much longer too. Maybe until Sunday, maybe a couple weeks more, but not for months to come.

They should just do away with the briefcase altogether. It is a tired system that needs a break. Back in the day it was a great way to give a young upstart a push into the Main Event but now basically everyone holds the title so it makes no sense.

I mean the women's thing is even more dumb. There are so few women that everyone gets title shots constantly so instead of cashing in just wait a few weeks and it will be your turn eventually. This is why they should have just had 1 women's title and had all the girls on 1 show giving them more options on who can fight for the title (same thing goes for the tag division)

• Like 2

Raw_rendered--ec68e1bc84425572999a0fb774ea7165.png

WWE RAW

8/14/2017

Wow. A shield reunion just after they beat each other in the ring. Now it's gonna be Sheamus and Cesaro vs Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose for the Tag titles at SummerSlam. Now that's something I'm looking forward to. 

Finally. The "Demon" Finn Balor is coming to SS. I'm pretty sure Bray's gonna pay for what he did to him on Monday. That looked like blood or whatever it was Balor was spilled. His interview backstage after his match was scary. :lol: 

Elias's character on RAW is amusing. The way he insults the fans just makes me laugh. R-Truth from outta nowhere ruined that moment. I wonder where their fude will go from that point.

Jason Jordan could be facing The Miz at SummerSlam for the Intercontinental championship. I wanted to see The Revival face The Hardy Boyz at SummerSlam.

I can't believe Sasha defeated Nia Jax (again). I think this time, Sasha will take the title away from Alexa Bliss. I doubt she will make a heel turn. 

The face-to-face-face-face segment was awesome. I loved it when the whole roster came out to stop the Beast and the Monster. I can't wait to see this match at SummerSlam.  

WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

WWE SmackDown LIVE

8/15/2017

I can't believe Baron Cashed-in already. Those internet rumors are always wrong, aren't they? Can't wait for the WWE championship match this Sunday.

The Usos are on fire! IMO they look better in the heel character. They'll face The New Day this Sunday.

I also can't wait for the US title match. I think Shane is gonna screw Kevin Owens up and then they'll start a feud. This might lead to their Hell in a Cell match?

Natalya deserves the title. I'm also looking forward to their match. Be careful though, Carmella is around :ninja:. I hope Ric Flair recovers soon. I think Charlotte's taking good care of him in the hospital. 

I loved that RKO from outta nowhere. Randy makes SD LIVE awesome. Can't wait for their match as well. 

Actually, I can't wait for SummerSlam. I'll post my predictions later today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

They should just do away with the briefcase altogether. It is a tired system that needs a break. Back in the day it was a great way to give a young upstart a push into the Main Event but now basically everyone holds the title so it makes no sense.

I mean the women's thing is even more dumb. There are so few women that everyone gets title shots constantly so instead of cashing in just wait a few weeks and it will be your turn eventually. This is why they should have just had 1 women's title and had all the girls on 1 show giving them more options on who can fight for the title (same thing goes for the tag division)

Yeah I totally agree with you. That's also why the Women should've been exclusive to Raw and the Cruiserweights therefore to Smackdown. That way each Brand would have been given something unique and the Women's Division would have enough contestants.

The Tag Team Division is even worse with all the breakups as of late, so having one Team as Champions that switches between brands when needed may be a better idea. But oh well, they'll just keep making the same mistakes they made during the first Brand Split until they finally decide to unify everything again.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

aside from that, a decent smackdown, but I'm speechless. I thought he would've cashed in after SummerSlam.

WWE Creative at its finest...

• Like 1

Gotta go against the grain here.  I love failed cash ins, it keeps some semblance of unpredictability alive and gives us a meaningful swerve.  I mean, think about it, Corbin isn't ready to hold the WWE title.  He's still too green and is severely lacking in a couple departments.  I don't think anyone really wanted to see him as champ but we all just kind of gave in and accepted that at some point he was going to cash in and hold it anyways.  Then he did, and it was looking like Cena was going to win his 17th at SS and we'd all roll our eyes in the end (Cena wins LOL).  But, it didn't work, he's not champ and he's not going to be champ.  He's still in a big program with Cena which is going to elevate him no matter what but now the focus will be where it belongs, on Shinske and *sigh* Jinder.  The only way it could have been better is if, like Mayus said, he failed to cash in on Shinske at SS.

• Like 1

SummerSlam_0--0aefb0a6de381283e9bb6b5d62d62f25.png

WWE SummerSlam

8/20/2017

(Predictions)

Universal Champion Brock Lesnar def. Roman ReignsSamoa Joe Braun Strowman (Fatal 4-Way Match)

I honestly don't think The Beast is leaving WWE just yet. He's definitely gonna win this big one. I wanna see Brock and Braun face-off. 

Shinsuke Nakamura def. WWE Champion Jinder Mahal

The Artist has got this. Baron cashed-in and failed on SD LIVE. I don't think nothing will stop him here. Not unless Baron jumps in the game where his nose doesn't belong, but I think Cena will chase him down and stop him from ruining Nakamura's moment.

John Cena def. Baron Corbin

John Cena lost 4 SummerSlam matches in a row. Namely:

~2013 (against Daniel Bryan for the WWE World Heavyweight Champion),

~2014 (against Brock Lesnar for the WWE Champion),

~2015 (against Seth Rollins for WWE Champion & US Champion - winner takes all)

~2016 (against AJ Styles in a "The Face that Runs the Place" Kickoff match)

I think he'll win this time. Besides, The Lone Wolf is no match for the Cenation leader.

United States Champion AJ Styles def. Kevin Owens (Shane McMahon as special guest referee)

AJ Styles and Shane's rivalry ended at WrestleMania, so now I think Shane will screw Kevin Owens and they'll have a feud that might lead to Hell in a Cell (that's coming to SD LIVE, right?).

Dean AmbroseSeth Rollins def. RAW Tag Team Champions Cesaro Sheamus

The Shield brothers reunited on RAW, so there's no worst-case scenario coming upon them any time soon. They'll win the Tag titles and rule the RAW Tag Team's division. The full reunion might happen at Survivor Series, the exact PPV they debuted in 2012 when they invaded CM Punk vs Ryback vs John Cena's Triple Threat match.  

RAW Women's Champion Alexa Bliss def. Sasha Banks 

Alexa Bliss might keep her title, but I think Sasha will win this one.

SmackDown Women's Champion Naomi def. Natalya

Natalya deserves more. She hasn't held a title in 7 years now. I'd like her to win, but I think WWE will keep the title to Naomi.

SmackDown Tag Team Champions The New Day def. The Usos (SummerSlam Kickoff Match)

After losing to The Usos on SD LIVE, I'm sure they'll get their revenge. Simple as that.

Randy Orton def. Rusev

Randy will win. I'm 100% supportive of this. That RKO outta nowhere was spectacular. 

Big Cass def. Big Show (with Enzo Amore suspended above the ring in a Shark Cage)

This is obvious, isn't it? The Giant's right hand isn't functioning well, so The Seven-Foot Casshole will demolish him on Sunday. I hope Enzo won't pee himself up there. :lol: 

"The Demon" Finn Balor def. Bray Wyatt

The Demon King is back. To do what? To beat Bray Wyatt. After what happened on RAW, he's gonna make him pay this Sunday.

WWE Cruiserweight Champions Akira Torzawa def. Neville

Akira recently won the title from Neville. Though Neville should've lost the title at SummerSlam, I don't think he's getting it back. His heel character is awesome, by the way. Says who? It's Worldwide!!!

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 2

SS's too bloated to go into any depth with predictions so I'l bulletpoint the matches I remember and/or care about.

-Finn beats Bray because of demon stuff (although my heart really really wants to see them as a tag team eventually).

-Dean and Set beat Shaemus/Cesaro, take the tag belts and...

-run in to help Roman win the title for a shield reunion.

-Shinske beats Jinder because Cena forgave him and Jinder is a train wreck on the mic and in the ring.

AJ beats KO and the 2 put on a clinic.

Don't much care about the rest so... whatever, all the remaining champs retain except Tozawa.

• Like 2

My predictions are the following:

WWE Championship Match - Jinder Mahal vs Shinsuke Nakamura

Winner: Shinsuke Nakamura - the buildup wasn't great, but that shouldn't stop Nakamura from winning and hopefully ending Jinder's title reign.

Universal Championship Fatal 4-Way Match - Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns vs Samoa Joe vs Braun Strowman

Winner: Brock Lesnar - this can go either way I guess and I'd be happy if the title changes hands, I just don't see it happening yet.

WWE Raw Tag Team Championship Match - The Bar (Sheamus and Cesaro) vs The Shield (Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins)

Winners: Sheamus and Cesaro - the story was great so far. Probably the best Raw had in a while, cause it helped the characters grow and become hot again. I do want The Shield to win, but they could easily chase after the belts a couple more weeks and win it then.

United States Championship Match with Shane McMahon as the Special Refereee - AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens

Winner: AJ Styles - another awesome rivalry that likely will come to an end on SummerSlam. It's gonna be controversial to say the least. No one complains better than Kevin, so he'll lose somehow and start feuding with Shane.

WWE Raw Women's Championship Match - Alexa Bliss vs Sasha Banks

Winner: Alexa Bliss - too bad Bayley got injured. Would've been cool to see her win and Sasha turn on her afterwards.

WWE Smackdown Women's Championship Match - Naomi vs Natalya

Winner: Naomi - Naomi will be successful and than the poor belt's gonna be vandalized even more with this glowing nonsence.

Cass vs Big Show (with Enzo in the Shark Cage)

Winner: Cass - I read they decided to put Enzo in the Cage because of his fear of heights. Class act by WWE if this is true. Anything other than Big Show doing the job for Cass would be laughable.

Baron Corbin vs John Cena

Winner: Baron Corbin - if he's not in the doghouse, than Corbin's gonna get some payback, but it wouldn't surprise me if Cena beats him in five minutes.

Bray Wyatt vs Finn Balor

Winner: Finn Balor - The Demon will come and the Demon will be victorious. Simple as that.

Randy Orton bs Rusev

Winner: Rusev - both need to win this one and while Orton is the favorite, I'll keep my fingers crossed for Rusev. He could be the next contender for the US title in the near future.

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match - The New Day vs The Usos

Winners: The New Day - not much to say about it. Curious though which team is going to challenge the Champions next.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match - Akira Tozawa vs Neville

Winner: Akira Tozawa - he won the belt on Raw so that their SummerSlam match can be moved to the pre-show, instead of having it on the main card.

Hardy Boyz / Jason Jordan vs The Miz and his Miztourage

Winners: The Miz and his Miztourage - recently announced for the Kickoff. Let's give Miz some credibility back and a victory on top of that.

• Like 1

Does anyone remember the WWF Superstar Line? that 900 number you'd call to listen to pre-recorded interviews? i used it once when i was 6 to listen to an interview with Triple H regarding HBK's boot from D-X lol it was a late birthday present from my dad lol sooooo cool back in the day.

And can we talk about the bat-shit crazy, annoying fans? holy hell just watched a RAW right before Over The Edge 1998 and stone cold stands on the announcers chair chugging a beer, watching terry funk and mick Foley fight and this crazy broad is screeching over J.R.'s commentary and then when they show the chick she's motioning to Steve to give her his beer, reaching for him, like ready to rip him to pieces cause she was so excited lol. 

Edited by Saint Alphonzo