The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

30 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I'm sad to see The Miz on the Preshow when you have sh*t matches on the main card like Naomi vs Natalya or Big Cass vs Big Show. 

Thank god Takeover delivered because I'm already tired of summerslam ?

What you didn't like Rusev being squashed in 30 seconds to Randy Orton.

I am glad they are using Summerslam to build up some new stars though. I mean it is about time guys like Cena and Orton get some wins.

• Like 2

Well, Cena and Orton won their matches, no surprises there :rolleyes:

Happy for Natalya to win.

But after so much burn over Alexa this weekend, Alexa was just being Diva and Sasha working hard at gym, and at the end Alexa had a great match, lost title.

Idk how people had seen Nakamura being buried before tonight, he was winning everything. He lost tonight but i have no doubts that he will be champ very soon.

The best match of the night KO vs AJ, unsurprisingly entertaining, final event was cool, especially because they let Strowman looks unstoppable and Lesnar pinned Roman lol.

I'm disappointed none of the championships exchanged hands, particularly the Universal title. It's been in the hands of part timers since February when KO lost against Goldberg. Considering this is essentially a new title that was introduced a little over a year ago, it should appear on the Raw brand more often. KO was a terrific champion who often defended his title on a weekly basis. Lesner only fights and defends the title at PPV. Saying that, the actual fatal 4 way was one of the best matches of the year. Everybody brought their A game and it was a great match for fans of wrestling. Even though Lesner retained his title, I think the real winner of this match was Braun Strowman. This guy has gotten a real push in the last year, but last night showed how much of a Monster Among Men he really is.

Side note: I'm glad my boy Finn Balor won too. The return of the Demon King was amazing. Here's hoping he comes back more often.

-Useless tool in a suit #1 - "Okay, so Shinske vs. Jinder, how're we gonna finish it"

-Useless tool in a suit #2 - "I know!!  We'll have the Singh brothers interfere then Jinder can botch his finisher and win!!"

-Useless tool in a suit #3 - "haven't we don that for like... 3 or 4 PPV's in a row now?"

-Useless tool in a suit #1 - "yeah, but Jinder's horrible in the ring, has no charisma  and Vince is demanding we keep him strapped until after the tour in the middle east so.... any ideas?"

-Useless tool in a suit #2 and 3 - " ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Singh brothers it is"

That's the only scenario I can think of behind why Jinder is still being allowed to tank SD week after week, month after month.  

Over the past couple of months I've personally been absolutely done and over with a part timer as champ on Raw, but, after yesterday, that particular gripe is gone.  There's bigger fish to fry with Smackdown.  I heard a point that has no counterpoint on this subject on Whatculturewrestling.  "the champ on Raw is never around, yeah, well, Jinder is always around, and I know which title feels more important to me" or something along those lines was what was said and he's absolutely right.  Smackdown's in trouble.  The only thing it has going right now is AJ and Owens.  That's it.  Jinder is a joke as champ, his booking is copy and paste, and the "he's foreign so he's evil character" doesn't work anymore.  You have to be interesting and.  HE.  ISN'T.  At least on Raw there's a sense of inevitability that Braun's time is coming.  He will be champ and it will be Glorious (yeah, that word can be used outside of Bobby Roode).  Smackdown however, the only feeling on Smackdown is "Vince wants Jinder strapped to bite into a market and you're going to deal with it".  There's no sense of it's going to get better any time soon.

Edited by skidmarkgn

14 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

I'm disappointed none of the championships exchanged hands, particularly the Universal title. It's been in the hands of part timers since February when KO lost against Goldberg. Considering this is essentially a new title that was introduced a little over a year ago, it should appear on the Raw brand more often. KO was a terrific champion who often defended his title on a weekly basis. Lesner only fights and defends the title at PPV. Saying that, the actual fatal 4 way was one of the best matches of the year. Everybody brought their A game and it was a great match for fans of wrestling. Even though Lesner retained his title, I think the real winner of this match was Braun Strowman. This guy has gotten a real push in the last year, but last night showed how much of a Monster Among Men he really is.

Side note: I'm glad my boy Finn Balor won too. The return of the Demon King was amazing. Here's hoping he comes back more often.

5 titles changed hands last night :P 

I will be the first one to admit that I am a casual watcher and probably should not post in this thread. I laughed my ass off tonight when Cena and RR were in the ring right now and the crowd was canting "You both SUCK!!!" Love it as I have always loved Samoa Joe and The Miz

4 minutes ago, broy300 said:

I will be the first one to admit that I am a casual watcher and probably should not post in this thread. I laughed my ass off tonight when Cena and RR were in the ring right now and the crowd was canting "You both SUCK!!!" Love it as I have always loved Samoa Joe and The Miz

There was a moment I wasn't believing my ears (not because it was hard to believe), but then it was, wait the crowd is actually chanting that lol

• Like 1

SummerSlam_0--0aefb0a6de381283e9bb6b5d62d62f25.png

WWE SummerSlam

8/20/2017

Amazing show live from Brooklyn. Not the best SS PPV I've watched so far, but it was awesome and a definite big thumbs up ?. The opening match of the Hardy Boyz & Jason Jordan vs The Miz & The Miztourage was a good start of the Pay-Per View. 

I was damn excited to see "The Demon" Finn Balor. I knew he was gonna win that match against Bray Wyatt. Nice match.

I knew Big Show would lose as Cass was targeting his injured hand. It was great to see giants in the ring, but not the personal best to watch.

Congratulations to Natalya. I knew she was gonna win as she hasn't held a title in 7 years. I hope she keeps it longer than Naomi. Those stupid internet rumors said Naomi would be keeping the title for a little longer to keep the "glowing" title alive, which was unfortunately not true.

Glad to see the Cruiserweight title back on Neville. I think WWE didn't want Neville to lose at SS, so they handed it to Akira on RAW, so he could lose it at the PPV.

The Legit Boss was favored to win against The Goddess. That happened anyway.

John Cena won his first SS match after 4 years in a row of losing. Nice work.

Randy Orton was also favored to win against Rusev. RKO taught him the lesson to not mess with The Viper.

Great work to Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose on their RAW Tag Team title captures. Now they're gonna rule the RAW Tag Team Division. 

I'm disappointed to see that Nakamura lost. I just wanted Jinder's title reign to end.

The Fatal 4-Way match was brutal. I knew The Beast would survive, because I wasn't sure he was leaving WWE just yet. The rumors said that Seth & Dean would run in to help Roman win the Universal Championship, but that didn't happen either.  

1 hour ago, ee28max said:

SummerSlam_0--0aefb0a6de381283e9bb6b5d62d62f25.png

WWE SummerSlam

8/20/2017

Amazing show live from Brooklyn. Not the best SS PPV I've watched so far, but it was awesome and a definite big thumbs up ?. The opening match of the Hardy Boyz & Jason Jordan vs The Miz & The Miztourage was a good start of the Pay-Per View. 

I was damn excited to see "The Demon" Finn Balor. I knew he was gonna win that match against Bray Wyatt. Nice match.

I knew Big Show would lose as Cass was targeting his injured hand. It was great to see giants in the ring, but not the personal best to watch.

Congratulations to Natalya. I knew she was gonna win as she hasn't held a title in 7 years. I hope she keeps it longer than Naomi. Those stupid internet rumors said Naomi would be keeping the title for a little longer to keep the "glowing" title alive, which was unfortunately not true.

Glad to see the Cruiserweight title back on Neville. I think WWE didn't want Neville to lose at SS, so they handed it to Akira on RAW, so he could lose it at the PPV.

The Legit Boss was favored to win against The Goddess. That happened anyway.

John Cena won his first SS match after 4 years in a row of losing. Nice work.

Randy Orton was also favored to win against Rusev. RKO taught him the lesson to not mess with The Viper.

Great work to Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose on their RAW Tag Team title captures. Now they're gonna rule the RAW Tag Team Division. 

I'm disappointed to see that Nakamura lost. I just wanted Jinder's title reign to end.

The Fatal 4-Way match was brutal. I knew The Beast would survive, because I wasn't sure he was leaving WWE just yet. The rumors said that Seth & Dean would run in to help Roman win the Universal Championship, but that didn't happen either.  

I think you'll find it was 6 loses in a row at summerslam for Cena :P Thanks pub quiz :D

• Like 1

Missed SS and NXT Takeover, but I heard the result. Kyle O Rielly, Bobby Fish and Adam Cole (Bay Bay) made an appearance. Been following them in ROH and I must say, they are pretty damn good. I hope they are use like Sanity (everyone is an established character and wrestler) and not like the Singh Brothers (lackeys who get in the way). While I do like Adam Cole, I fear Fish and O Rielly might get shadowed by him. (It could make for a great later on, but we already have that with Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens plus Enzo Amore and Big Cass. I will see how this will play out).

On SD live:

Bobby Roode on SD Live? Hell yeah

Shelton Benjamin on SD live? Hell yeah

I will be honest. I thought Chad Gable would get a singles push, but having him team up isn't bad. Might elevate him a little bit. But, I hope he doesn't get shadowed by Benjamin.

Great ending to the main event. Things will definitely get interesting with AJ Styles and Kevin Owens.

in my opinion, SD > Raw.

Raw's crowd was awful. Why do they get attention over an damn beach ball? Also, Raw is slowly taking wrestlers from SD. If there are reasons for it, I like to know. Like I'm ok with Jason Jordan moving to raw for storyline purposes (that how Shelton Benjamin got in) but what about John Cena? No word on switching over to raw? Bad business in my opinion

• Like 1

Raw_rendered--ec68e1bc84425572999a0fb774ea7165.png

WWE RAW

8/21/2017

John Cena is back to start a feud with Roman Reigns? The Miz's promo was awesome it's the second best I've seen and first was the one that happened last year on Talking Smack. Looks like Joe is done with Brock for now. Their Tag Team match wasn't that bad.

Sasha and Alexa... I don't know who's gonna win next week, but I'm sure she will retain and Bailey might recover soon. Nia Jax could be involved as well. It's also great to see that Alexa is on the No Mercy PPV cover. The advertisement was looking sharp.

Finally we get to see The Beast and The Monster one on one. I hope they'll face each other at No Mercy. That would be more brutal than seeing Brock get buried in announce tables.

Seth & Dean caved in as new RAW Tag Team champs. Their match with The Hardy Boyz was cool. I wanted to see a rematch against Cesaro & Sheamus. When it comes to those two, their teamwork and skills are brilliant. They quite frankly make Tag Team matches worth to watch.

I'm sure that was Elias's fastest match. Not only did he beat R-Truth off of the mic, he also got pinned really fast. Not even sure if it was in 3 minutes. 

I was definitely expecting The Brooklyn Street Fight to be this week RAW's savior. The Seven-Foot Casshole ended up in an injury, and apparently he'll be out for 9 freakin' months! :o 

Regular Finn Balor is back after a perfect match and a transformation at SummerSlam. Jordan wanted some more competition, so he got one. He lost, unfortunately. All I could comment on that is it was true, it was damn true!

WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

WWE SmackDown LIVE

8/22/2017

I think Kevin Owens should just give up lol. No matter which referee is on duty of his match against the US champ AJ Styles, he will keep losing. Baron sure looked sharp sure looked sharp in black & white.

Shelton Benjamin is back!!! If I'm not mistaken, I think there were reports of him coming back last year, but did he show up? Looks we'll have a mini American Alpha when he teams up with Chad next week. 

Natalya should keep the title longer. Sure, Naomi added cool glowing effects on it, but the tears that fell from her eyes during her loss was a little emotional. I don't think Carmella will be cashing in soon. Maybe she will around Survivor Series's corner.

Something GLORIOUS just happened on SD LIVE - Bobby Roode is finally on the main roster. I would love him to win take the WWE Championship title off of Jinder's hands. They at least should've done that at SummerSlam with Nakamura. Jinder's title reign is so boring. They should also customize the title and add some blue colors and effects to show the SD LIVE ownership, just like they did with the RAW's Tag Team titles. Not sure if they're planning on doing it soon, but IMO, it would be great.

It's all true. Lana will be Tamina's manager for a while. I think it's about time she gains momentum and be the star on the SD LIVE brand. Hopefully Charlotte will be back soon as reports claim that Ric Flair is getting better.

What was the use of facing the Singh brothers? He got automatically distracted at SummerSlam (well, most superstars are like that anyway), and lost. He should've got a rematch instead.  

Does anyone know if the SmackTalk show (or whatever it's called) is still alive or was it closed?

1 hour ago, skidmarkgn said:

2 questions:

1 - do you think the Rusev / Lana situation is a troll/work or legit?

2 - at this point in Rusev's career, after a few years of atrocious booking and a constant state of being in the doghouse, if it's legit, do you care?

1. Too early to tell. If it is a work, they will definately gain a lot of attention. If it is legit, I guess I can't blame them.

2. I would definitely care. Even though Rusev isn't my favorite, He is, without a doubt, a terrific wrestler and perhaps, One of the Best foreign heel on SD. (To be honest, I prefer him to be WWE Champion than Jinder Mahal).

If he does leave, Lana will go with him and that will mark another talented wrestler wasted in WWE. They may flourish in ROH or GFW and may be booked better, but I rather not jump to conclusions yet.

Quick question: Did WWE make amends with Rusev and Lana after their leaked proposal? I still can't help but get a feeling like they still hold a grudge against the couple since then. Just curious 

18 minutes ago, GoodbyeBread said:

1. Too early to tell. If it is a work, they will definately gain a lot of attention. If it is legit, I guess I can't blame them.

2. I would definitely care. Even though Rusev isn't my favorite, He is, without a doubt, a terrific wrestler and perhaps, One of the Best foreign heel on SD. (To be honest, I prefer him to be WWE Champion than Jinder Mahal).

If he does leave, Lana will go with him and that will mark another talented wrestler wasted in WWE. They may flourish in ROH or GFW and may be booked better, but I rather not jump to conclusions yet.

Quick question: Did WWE make amends with Rusev and Lana after their leaked proposal? I still can't help but get a feeling like they still hold a grudge against the couple since then. Just curious 

His latest heat came from (of all things) his hair cut.  WWE released an action figure line with long haired Rusev right before he cut his hair off and Vince was butt-hurt about the difference in appearance between toy Rusev and real Rusev.  One more reason Vince has to go.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

His latest heat came from (of all things) his hair cut.  WWE released an action figure line with long haired Rusev right before he cut his hair off and Vince was butt-hurt about the difference in appearance between toy Rusev and real Rusev.  One more reason Vince has to go.

To quote CM Punk

"The company will be better after Vince McMahon is dead..."

Sadly, I do not see him going anywhere any time soon. For him to step down, it would have to be something so ridiculous and stupid, that he has no choice but to resign. Getting angry over a toy and a haircut of one of his employees would be up there, but not enough to make changes. Still, it is the most ridiculous and stupid thing for Vince to get upset about. Is there anything that could top that?

Enzo digs his own grave and doesn't seem to care much about it, now that they took Big Cass from his side.

Rusev on the other hand, didn't do anything wrong in the past years. He married the woman he fell in love with and got heat for it. He cut his hair and got heat. It's just ridiculous at this point. I would totally understand, if he'd leave WWE with Lana, as Cody Rhodes and Eden Stiles did a while ago.

Sure, could all be work and part of the storyline he has with Orton, but for what is it good then? Casual viewers don't know anything about the rumors and surely not everybody follows every wrestler on their social media accounts. Hell, Baron Corbin got heat for twitter posts (among other things), and now they use twitter for a story?! It's strange, no matter what.

At least Lana is still part of the show and it didn't look like the story with Tamina gets dropped soon, but we'll see what happens. I hope Rusev shows up on Smackdown, puts the rumors to rest, and continues "crushing" people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jesaya815 said:

Enzo digs his own grave and doesn't seem to care much about it, now that they took Big Cass from his side.

Rusev on the other hand, didn't do anything wrong in the past years. He married the woman he fell in love with and got heat for it. He cut his hair and got heat. It's just ridiculous at this point. I would totally understand, if he'd leave WWE with Lana, as Cody Rhodes and Eden Stiles did a while ago.

Sure, could all be work and part of the storyline he has with Orton, but for what is it good then? Casual viewers don't know anything about the rumors and surely not everybody follows every wrestler on their social media accounts. Hell, Baron Corbin got heat for twitter posts (among other things), and now they use twitter for a story?! It's strange, no matter what.

At least Lana is still part of the show and it didn't look like the story with Tamina gets dropped soon, but we'll see what happens. I hope Rusev shows up on Smackdown, puts the rumors to rest, and continues "crushing" people.

I don't know if the Hair rumour is true or not but I can actually understand it from WWE perspective. They go to a lot of money to market their characters in video games and toys and whatever and then you change your look making that toy obsolete.

I think any performer should probably consult the office with any major change to their body (tattoo, hair etc) before doing it.

7 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I don't know if the Hair rumour is true or not but I can actually understand it from WWE perspective. They go to a lot of money to market their characters in video games and toys and whatever and then you change your look making that toy obsolete.

I think any performer should probably consult the office with any major change to their body (tattoo, hair etc) before doing it.

Yeah, looking back it probably would've been the right thing to do. I believe Rusev was injured at the time he cut his hair. He didn't talk to Vince about it, just like he didn't ask for his permission to marry Lana right away (while the story with Ziggler and Summer Rae was still a thing). Seems to be a pattern there.

Still a silly act to hold a grudge over it for so long. Hair grows back. Vince should know best about that.

34 minutes ago, Jesaya815 said:

Yeah, looking back it probably would've been the right thing to do. I believe Rusev was injured at the time he cut his hair. He didn't talk to Vince about it, just like he didn't ask for his permission to marry Lana right away (while the story with Ziggler and Summer Rae was still a thing). Seems to be a pattern there.

Still a silly act to hold a grudge over it for so long. Hair grows back. Vince should know best about that.

I agree, it isn't like he got a huge american flag tattoo or came back with fundamentally different hair (green spike mohawk or something).

But that is Vince...he is crazy

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

I hope nobody in the world need to ask Vince before marry someone :)

• Like 1