The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

So...thoughts on SD?

Which do you think is better this week? Raw or SD?

In my opinion:

High point from SD: Gable and Benjamin. Benjamin performed very well as if he never left WWE. Not match of the night, but a good match.

Low point from SD: U.S open challenge. For me, it was disappointingly short. Tye Dillinger is a decent wrestler. He should've at least had a longer match. I guess they are setting up AJ vs Corbin. We'll see how that plays out.

and the ending of the main event is the same as yesterday: Winner gets betrayed. Yesterday it was Nia Jax betraying Alexa bliss and tonight, Randy Ortan betrays Shinsuke Nakamura. Big question: Who did it better?

Not an awful lot was said about the promo between John Cena and Roman Reigns. I actually thought it was fantastic and one of the best promos I've seen in quite a while. Cena owned Reigns at every opportunity though so it was quite one-sided in that aspect. But there was no holding back from the two of them. Also the mini-battle royale for the Intercontinental Title was epic. I was hoping Finn Balor would win but (of course!) Bray Wyatt interfered and threw him out of the ring. Great moment between Balor, Anderson and Gallows as they threw Big Show out of the ring. Bullet Club reunion down the line, perhaps?

Raw_rendered--ec68e1bc84425572999a0fb774ea7165.png

WWE RAW 

8/28/2017

The battle royal was a great idea, thanks Kurt. Big Show's new look is ridiculous. I hope Vince doesn't rage because of that. Finn Balor should've won. I can't believe Bray Wyatt would waste him to eliminate The Demon. He was defeated at SummerSlam and still doesn't want to get it over with. Looks like Jeff will be facing the A-Lister next week. Maybe that's one way to fix the Broken Hardyz.

Enzo's first match on CWC. Well, that was just the beginning. We'll see how far he'll go with that. 

I'm pretty sure it was unscripted when Brock grabbed the mic off of Paul's hands and said "What he's trying to say is... Suplex City, Bitch!"

The Tag Team rivalry strikes again. Cesaro and Seth's match was a little boring compared to Sheamus and Dean. I think we're seeing a rematch at No Mercy

John Cena vs Roman Reigns' contract signing promo was awesome! "I'm here, because you can't do your job". Apparently he can wrestle better whilst he's a part-timer better than Reigns. That's the number 1 match I'm looking forward to at No Mercy

I knew it - The Bo$$ lost again. Alexa was right about Sasha not being able to defend the title. Another interesting thing was looking at Nia Jax stabbing The Goddess right in the back. It's about time she also gets a chance to hold the title.

WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

WWE SmackDown LIVE

8/29/2017

Randy will face Nakamura next week. Looking forward to that match.

Shelton Benjamin's first match with Chad was not bad. Good performance. Waiting to see more from him.

I thought Mike Kanellis would be something SD LIVE call a "star", but now he keeps losing regularly. Oh well, Go go Bobby Roode.

First, Kevin Owens asks for forgiveness to Sami Zayn, now he's powerbombing him. Interesting. So desperate to be the referee, I see. 

Lana's next move was to be the manager of Tamina. I can't believe she faced a stranger. Should've been someone else. 

That RKO to Nakamura already shows that The Viper wants the title. Good luck to him.

That promo battle (or murder?) between Cena and Reigns was phenomenal. It's the first segment of wrestling I've watched in full for months. I've kind of drifted out of the product this year as the Superstar Shake Up really dislodged a lot of wrestlers momentum and then I sort of lost interest. 

On 9/1/2017 at 8:33 AM, Gotakibono said:

That promo battle (or murder?) between Cena and Reigns was phenomenal. It's the first segment of wrestling I've watched in full for months. I've kind of drifted out of the product this year as the Superstar Shake Up really dislodged a lot of wrestlers momentum and then I sort of lost interest. 

2017-08-31-untouchable.jpg

If you don't read Botched Spots comics you should check them out :)

• Like 1

WWE RAW

9/4/2017

Jason Jordan wants competition? He got it! Though I have to say he's really good with Cena in the ring. It was great opening for this week's Monday Night RAW. The Big Dog suddenly came out. John Cena is a "fake ass bitch", according to Roman Reigns. Wow, things getting real here. Can't wait for No Mercy on the 24th of this month. 

Something happened during Jason Jordan's entrance. Here's a video: Watch carefully and focus on the fan with an orange-red shirt. Some people don't have respect at all. Jason doesn't deserve this. The Kurt Angle storyline is the main reason this is happening to him.

Spoiler

Just as I thought, The Miz would retain his IC title and I don't think he'll be losing it until Survivor Series, at least. His match with Jeff was awesome, no doubts on that one. 

Now we're getting a Fatal 4-Way RAW Women's Championship title match at No Mercy - Alexa Bliss vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax vs. Emma. That's surprising she's in the match. I wonder who'll win? I post my thoughts in the predictions in a few weeks before the PPV Kickoff.

Nothing much on RAW Tag Team Division. All I can say is that Seth & Dean rule this thing. They're gonna face Sheamus & Cesaro in a rematch at No Mercy

The 2 Giants go one on one once again, but this time in a Steel Cage match. Many fans were expecting the ring to break down again after the suplex strike from the turnbuckle. I knew Braun would win. Just after that he demonstrated his monstrous throwdown to the Big Show through the cage. It looked as if Big Show was saying goodbye as the referees helped him to get up and walk to the entrance. Wow Brock, what's your reaction to that? Will you come next week? 

WWE SmackDown LIVE

9/5/2017

Kevin Owens' hobby in SD LIVE is complaining. I can't believe he'd go out insulting Shane-O-Mac's family. Shane lost his mind and attacked Kevin. Just after a few seconds, the GM, Daniel Bryan stopped them. Quote of the day: "I think your family would be better if you hadn't survived that helicopter crash." 

Sami Zayn really needs to be pushed by WWE. He can't go on losing to the best singer in SD LIVE, Aiden English. Sami at least needs a title shot for the US Champ against AJ Styles. 

Finally, it's done. First, James was pushed around by Dean Ambrose during his first weeks on SD LIVE on the AJ Styles feud, then getting hurled over the top rope by Braun Strowman at Royal Rumble, now Carmella is done with him. She might've been the last Draft pick on SD LIVE, but I believe she can do better now that she's done with James. What a shame. After all, he's the first man to win the SmackDown Women's Money in the Bank. He wanted to cash it in as well! 

I haven't seen Tye Dillinger ever winning a match alone on SD LIVE, have I? Okay, understand he lost to Baron Corbin, but I think he also deserves more. 

Dolph Ziggler is crazy. I have no idea what that was he did. Many rumors have it that he'll be leaving WWE very soon, as he doesn't have much to do. Have you even seen his interview with Renee backstage? :lol: 

It looks like the "Kinshasa" (or whatever Nakamura's finisher is called) is pretty much painful. Looks like nobody on the main roster has kicked out of it. If he has defeated John Cena clean, so he can do the same with The Viper, Randy Orton. I'm sure that this time he'll win the WWE title from Jinder Mahal at Hell in a Cell

So, finally The Usos chose their Tag Team match stipulation against The New Day for next week - Street Fight! Finally it will be a Tornado Tag match.

Just a few moments after choosing their stipulation, Daniel got a call from someone. He came down the ring and called Shane out. He is suspended as the SD LIVE Commissioner. Who's behind this? The Chairman, Vince McMahon - his dad! And he is coming to SD LIVE next week, at Sin City, Las Vegas! Woo hoo! Long time no hear his theme song. I also can't wait what he has to say! 

NXT_Wrestling.png

WWE NXT

9/6/2017

So, the only thing I could come out with from this show was Asuka's Farewell. She's coming to the main roster. RAW or SD LIVE? Well, the Farewell was overall emotional as Triple H gave her flowers (no idea why :P) and when Ember Moon walked down that ramp to hug Asuka. Pretty awesome.  

On 9/2/2017 at 8:03 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

2017-08-31-untouchable.jpg

If you don't read Botched Spots comics you should check them out :)

I have to start following this! The link is indicated on the bottom-right, right? Thank you! :D 

WWE RAW

9/11/2017

Jason Jordan went on face-to-face with Roman Reigns. Again, Cena and Reigns exchanged words of war towards their epic battle at No Mercy

The Monster was almost taken to Suplex City by Brock Lesnar for the first time. One German Suplex, but he wasn't down yet. 

Congrats to The Miz and Maryse's upcoming baby and the new member of the Miztourage! Looks like Miz and Maryse finally responded to Cena's promo the time they were at SD LIVE and it was just 5 days before WrestleMania. Cena be like "How long have y'all been married, how many kids you got? Let me just crunch the numbers real quick... None! You firing blanks there, sport?" Again, someone had to disrespect The Miz - The Certified G. Enzo is not a championship material, that's why his 7-foot buddy Cass broke up with him. That quote was funny. Their match was boring, but ended in a good way. The fans' chants "Who's the daddy?" I wonder who'll show up on Miz TV next week. 

We'll finally see a one on one match for Alexa Bliss and Nia Jax, next week. It feels weird to have Sasha in the Fatal 4-Way match when she gets handed nothing. Feels so awkward to be in that position. Breaking News: Asuka is coming to RAW!!!

I laughed at Sheamus & Cesaro's entrance get interrupted. The Tag Team went viral and started beating the hell out of each other. Looking forward to the championship match as well. 

In terms of Braun Strowman, it's all about destroying his opponents no matter what. The match was awesome, and the way it ended was just as perfect. I'm glad no one got pinned, otherwise things would've been worse. 

Tonight at Las Vegas, SD LIVE, Mr VK McMahon is back!!! AJ Styles vs Tye Dillinger, etc. Mick Foley had knee surgery recently, hope everything goes well.    

Edited by ee28max

The mic drop walk away usually annoys the piss outta me, but... Cena (or I guess whoever wrote that last line) deserved that one.  I really hope those two use this momentum to promote someone else with some kind of outside run-in during their match.  Neither one needs a win and involving a 3rd *cough* Joe *cough* member to this feud could skyrocket them.

Alright, so I was fartin' around killing time and learned about something that kind of blew me away.  Check out this image of Adam Rose and his "Rosebuds"... my how things change, lol.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1600&bih=794&q=adam+rose+rosebuds&oq=adam+rose+rosebuds&gs_l=img.3...176.5406.0.5590.19.19.0.0.0.0.219.1128.16j1j1.18.0....0...1.1.64.img..1.11.581.0..0j35i39k1j0i30k1j0i24k1.E6X5b7CROJ4#imgrc=f40N66HW_QkvuM:

Once again Smackdown beats RAW but for once RAW delivered a good fight this week. (Thanks to The Miz, John Cena and Braun Strauwman)

I really enjoyed the face to face between Owens and Mr McMahon and I would have never imagined they would go that far ! The match between The New Day vs The Usos was also really good and still feels fresh which is surprising considering the number of times these two teams faced off :yay:

I also saw the final of the Mae Young classic and I think the match may very well be the best of the tournament I just wished it lasted longer and I'm a little bit disappointed to not see an annoucement for the winner. I hope WWE signs some of these women because the woman roster on NXT needs some fresh air :)

Edited by itachi-destroyer

WWE SmackDown LIVE

9/12/2017

SmackDown LIVE's Las Vegas Titantron design was spectacular. Who else agrees with me? :) 

Kevin Owens started the show with his old "KO Show." You should've seen his flabbergasted face when Shane's entrance came on :lol:, it was just Dolph Ziggler. 

AJ Style's US championship match against the Perfect 10 was amazing. I'm looking forward to his next week's US Open Challenge opponent Baron Corbin. I want to see a Triple Threat match at Hell in a Cell. Vince, make it happen! Please?

The Tag Team's Las Vegas match was incredible. I can't believe The New Day won! This is a big mess that needs to be cleaned up, immediately! The Usos should win them back at Hell in a Cell if there's gonna be such match. 

What was Ellsworth doing alongside Carmella during Naomi and Natalya's SD Women's championship SummerSlam rematch? I thought they broke up or something...

Shelton and Chad performed better than 2 weeks ago. I think it was understandable when Zack Ryder ditched the hand shake. WWE really needs to build him up. He won the Intercontinental title at WrestleMania 31 and immediately lost it the following night. That's a foul play, WWE, foul play!

What's up with Dolph and these extravagant entrances? Is he trying to become a star or something? Why would you even mock Ultimate Warrior, who are you to do that? If you have no other thing to do, then try scavenging matches, like US Open Challenges! 

I'm quite sure that Rusev's match with Randy Orton at SummerSlam was a punishment. I wonder how he'll get back to crushing people. 

So glad to see Vince come back. If I didn't hear their full conversation, then everyone would be scratching their heads when he was like "Kevin Owens, you're fired!" Well, he should've thought twice about giving KO his word for "beating a McMahon senseless." He got beaten up and his forehead popped out some blood. Happy to see Stephanie back too. Will she be sticking around SD LIVE when she's the RAW Commissioner?

I saw Mae Young's winner. Kairi Sane (if I'm not mistaken). Congrats!   

Edited by ee28max

1 hour ago, ee28max said:

WWE SmackDown LIVE

9/12/2017

What was Ellsworth doing alongside Carmella during Naomi and Natalya's SD Women's championship SummerSlam rematch? I thought they broke up or something...

Actually, Carmella kissed Ellsworth the same night they "broke up" during a backstage segment.

And I just learned that Kairi Sane is now the number one contender for the NXT Women's title and I think this was the right move to do, I would really like to see a Fatal-6-Way (or whatever you want to call it) elimination match for the title between Kairi Sane, Ember Moon, Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Ruby Riot and Nikki Cross of course. 

15 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Actually, Carmella kissed Ellsworth the same night they "broke up" during a backstage segment.

And I just learned that Kairi Sane is now the number one contender for the NXT Women's title and I think this was the right move to do, I would really like to see a Fatal-6-Way (or whatever you want to call it) elimination match for the title between Kairi Sane, Ember Moon, Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Ruby Riot and Nikki Cross of course. 

Yeah, I saw that backstage segment where she was like "From now on, you'll do things my way." They kissed then slapped him. Okay, maybe I was just confused. Thanks for clearing this out :).

Ember Moon really needs to win the NXT Women's title. The 6-Women elimination match sounds good too. 

WWE-205-Live-Logo.png?fit=360%2C267

WWE 205 LIVE

9/12/2017

Haven't really picked up anything from this show this week, but at least it was entertaining enough. Breezango appeared and had a case to solve - arrest Drew Gulak. I can't believe Kevin Owens would really want to cancel this "Fashion Files" show. Not many people love it, but it's worth being a part of the show. 

TJP and Rich Swann's match was the savior. This ended as The Dance was victorious. 

Jack Gallagher might be an awesome playable talent in WWE 2K18. The Brian Kendrick should've returned to SD LIVE instead, but whatever. Looks like there's a feud between Jack and Cedric.

Can't wait to see Neville and Enzo's match at No Mercy. The Certified G's gonna get squashed ?.

205 LIVE was super short! ?? 

On 9/13/2017 at 4:34 AM, skidmarkgn said:

Alright, so I was fartin' around killing time and learned about something that kind of blew me away.  Check out this image of Adam Rose and his "Rosebuds"... my how things change, lol.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1600&bih=794&q=adam+rose+rosebuds&oq=adam+rose+rosebuds&gs_l=img.3...176.5406.0.5590.19.19.0.0.0.0.219.1128.16j1j1.18.0....0...1.1.64.img..1.11.581.0..0j35i39k1j0i30k1j0i24k1.E6X5b7CROJ4#imgrc=f40N66HW_QkvuM:

Yep, that's where Braun Strowman was discovered. I was shocked, lol. I think others like Becky Lynch and James Ellsworth too. That's one of the things WWE wants to erase from history, according to some YouTube videos. That's impossible, because no one can change the past. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

The greatest manager of all time, the Brain, The Weasel...the Legend Bobby Heenan has passed away :(

Just read it on another site and I'm shocked. He truly was one of the greatest personalities in the Wrestling Business. At least he doesn't have to suffer anymore.

Starrcade is coming back, November 25 at the Greensboro Colliseum (location of the first 4 WCW Starrcades), by the looks of it , its the Saturday after Thanksgiving but a week after Survivor series so its looking like a branded house show for the Smackdown roster (possible Network live show?)

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/9/18/16327496/wwe-starrcade-live-announced-nov-25-2017-greensboro-colesium-smackdown

WWE RAW 

9/18/2017

Finally a Miz and Jordan storyline coming up. I'm glad we're seeing the IC title on the line on a PPV for the first time since the Great Balls of Fire PPV (if I'm not mistaken). The Six Pack Challenge was great too. I was only surprised it was a no DQ match. Miz's quote got stuck in my head: "After No Mercy, I'm still going to be champ, Kurt Angle will still be a terrible father and you will still be a bastard."

Roman takes us back to February 2012, during Cena's segment in the Road to WrestleMania with The Rock. Cena: "I'll see you at WrestleMania, movie star." Now that Cena's a part-timer, Roman says he's bustin' his ass in Hollywood too! Again, says The Big Dog, John is a "fake-ass, little bitch." Now he replied: "I'll see you at No Mercy, movie star." Can't wait for their match.

Alexa is afraid of her former ally. The match was just as quick as I thought. Outta nowhere, Bailey is back. It looked like it was the horsewomen who were gonna beat Nia Jax down. It's now a Fatal 5-Way match at No Mercy. Paige returned to the WWE Performance Center. She's coming back soon! Can't wait to see her arrival to Monday Night RAW.

The Tag Team goes down in a fight like always. I wish Karl & Luke were in the title match at No Mercy. That would've been awesome. 

Hey Enzo, have you watched how Metalik was destroyed by Neville? I wonder if Enzo will take him down at No Mercy this Sunday, 'cause Braun made him his own lunch. 

Was it a split screen interview I've seen before? Should've been something more enormous to demolish the building :P.

SmackDown tonight and Shane is back. Can't wait :D 

WWE SmackDown LIVE

9/19/2017

Great to see that Shane is back as I thought his SD LIVE suspension would last a little longer. There he was talking about how he was gonna take Kevin Owens to hell for what he did. KO appears on the screen and says people him go to heaven. This would be an awesome match at Hell in a Cell. I'm hyped!

Just as I thought, Randy and Rusev's feud isn't over and it will probably lead to a Hell in a Cell match too. Rusev's 10 second loss at SummerSlam will never be forgotten nor be avenged. 

We need Nakamura to appear on Jinder's insult shows to spice things up. He needs to teach them a little lesson and I hope he'll win the title at Hell in a Cell, because Jinder's title reign is so boring.

Tye got his revenge and took The Lone Wolf down and never got his match against AJ Styles. I'm hoping to see a Triple-Threat match at Hell in a Cell for the US Championship. 

Oh no, The New Day made it worse. I wish The Usos never lost their titles in the first place. At least push The Hype Bros or something!

Dolph is back again with his extravagant entrances. I wouldn't have any problem if he just showed how he's the best performer in the ring. I enjoyed the Triple H, Shawn Michaels and mostly the D-Generation X entrance. Was surprised to see that one.

Charlotte is back and defeated Becky, Naomi and Tamina in a Fatal 4-Way match for the No. 1 contender for the Women's Champ. Would be a great match against Natalya at Hell in a Cell IMO. 

WWE-205-Live-Logo.png?fit=360%2C267

WWE 205 LIVE

9/19/2017

Ooh, Neville, ooh. That must've hurt! How you doin'? Hopefully you'll avoid the same thing this Sunday in case a referee goes crazy. I see Enzo was really hurt after getting Monster-handled by Braun Strowman on RAW. Definitely looking forward to their match at No Mercy

I enjoyed Cedric's match against The Brian Kendrick. Wait a minute, did Jack Gallagher turn heel now? Oh well. 

Looks like Drew Gulak was set free by the Breezango. He looked really good in that suit. Where d'he get it from, prison? :P Akira strikes once again! It was really ridiculous how he won the CW champion just 6 days before SummerSlam and lost it there. I think WWE didn't want Neville to lose the title at SS.

Gotta love that TJP vs Rich Swann feud. Beating up other superstars' opponent backstage, and driving Swann to check what's going on until he arrives at the entrance and take him down. I wonder how far this would go. I enjoy watching them tearing each other apart.  

NXT_Wrestling.png

WWE NXT

9/20/2017

Aliester Black talks for the first time? I thought he has been talking like other superstars backstage or something. I wanna see him face Drew McIntrye for the NXT Championship at any NXT TakeOver PPV. 

Looks like Adam Cole and his crew's targets are postponed by SAnitY. Would be great to see a Tag Team match. 

Ah, well. I haven't picked up much from NXT this week. I'm just trying to use up the last few pages of this thread to get to the new one to make my No Mercy Predictions.