The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

No_Mercy--3ede2c2b4a1747fde7250d2fc2f632e5.png

WWE No Mercy 

9/24/2017

Here are my reviews about the PPV. It won't be too long, I'll try making it brief as possible :P

Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar (c) vs Braun Strowman

The match was absolutely amazing. We finally got to see the Beast and the Monster in the ring one on one. Braun had all that energy and took the Beast down with about 3 Running Powerslams and Brock didn't give up. A few Suplexes and just 1 F5 to slay The Monster. It's a shame Braun left with an empty hand and was pinned for the second time. I wonder what's next for him, but I think we'll find out tonight on RAW.

John Cena vs Roman Reigns

It was The Big Dog's night. I think Cena is closely running out of time in WWE and his days are numbered. Was Cena about to ditch the match? 4 AAs and Roman is still up. A spear on the announce table and another one in the ring. Roman's next target is obviously the Universal Championship. 

Cruiserweight Championship - Neville (c) vs Enzo Amore

OMG. What the hell has just happened. The whole CW Division is now under control of mouthful guy and I can't believe The King of CWs lost. This this needs to be looked into immediately and something should be done. 

Intercontinental Championship - The Miz vs Jason Jordan

The Miz retained, yes! I don't think Jason's ready yet and I have a feeling that RAW is gonna burn down tonight by his frustration and maybe start an argument with his dad, Kurt. I don't know why, but I love it when Miz is the IC champ. 

Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt

Oh wow. Bray lost again, but what can we do. It was great to see he won the WWE title at Elimination Chamber earlier this year. Is this rivalry over? Finn might move on to challenge The Miz for the IC title at TLC :dunno:.

RAW Tag Team Championship - Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose (c) vs Cesaro & Sheamus

Another amazing match. Was quite surprised to see that Cesaro lost his tooth? At least the Brothers retained. Still a long road to defend them. Hope they keep it a little longer.

RAW Women's Championship: Fatal 5-Way - Alexa Bliss (c) vs Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax vs Bayley vs Emma

Glad to see that The Goddess retained. It would be rather useless to hand it over to Sasha, as WWE doesn't let her keep the title for too long. I thought Bayley's shoulder was a little more severe to keep her out for a few more months. It would've been at least better if Nia Jax won.

Elias vs Apollo Crews

The opening concert of Elias is always chilling enough. I'm glad he won as he deserves more opportunities in the RAW brand.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Sure winning at WM is way better but the thing is, he has to make it to the WM Main Event and that really doesn't seem likely. Just watch what they did with Strowman at WM33 even though he was already over with the crowd. He lost early in the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

He's a completely different kind of over right now.  Last year, people liked him but no one thought he was ready to be in the main event, he was way too green.  Now, he's got another year under his belt and his ascension has been perfect.  Now, he's ready, and so are we.  When it's a guy like Bryan then yeah, it's tough to think Vince would do anything but resist but with Braun, Vince drools over guys like him, which is usually the toughest roadblock to overcome.  Maybe I'm wrong but I'm just not ready go give up on him yet.

16 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

RAW Tag Team Champions - Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose vs Cesaro & Sheamus

I stopped the match at the beginning when Cesaro broke two of his teeth and started spilling blood because I can't stand it. The guy is crazy and continued the match so I got to say that he earned a lot more of my respect. It's a shame the bookers don't know how to use him and Sheamus because these two guys are amazing and entertaining and even if they are not the best speakers they know how to wrestle, which leads me to the next match :) 

Doesn't help that Sheamus is disappearing for a bit to do a film so hence why they booked as they did, Cesaro luckily didnt break any teeth, they just got pushed up but got sent straight to get work done pretty much straight away but also got an ovation when he got backstage for carrying on as he did.

The Bullet club "invaded" Raw last night, seems a bit like the DX/WCW bit years ago just without being on TV.

http://www.allwrestlingnews.com/2017/09/25/bullet-club-invade-raw/

Plus Cody's now officially signed with Ring of Honor Exclusively.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shaowsintzu said:

One hell of a segment for Enzo Amore last night. 1f625.png

That's an understatement

While I have mixed feeling about Enzo, but what happened was completely justified. Can't believe Strowman and entire CW division destroyed him. Moral of the story: Don't be a jerk on the bus. Hopefully, Enzo will humble himself and think twice before annoying everyone backstage.

Though to be honest, I don't think this was satisfying. This was just "Enzo's getting the sh*t kicked out of him." He was getting beaten up before no mercy, so how is this any different? Storyline-wise, this makes zero sense. I mean, by beating him up, you proved that he was right. The guy is making the CW division interesting, which was something Neville couldn't do, even though he is one of the best wrestlers in the cruiser-weight division. That just could be a charisma problem the 205 needed solved. With the whole division beating him up, it will be interesting to see how this will all play out. With that said, Enzo will still be the center of attention and people will tune in to see him, be it as fans or people who want to see him beat up.

So quick question: Is Enzo Amore Heel now? kinda confused as mostly heels have celebrations. if so, this might be like the whole "Hart/Stone cold" thing, both switching from face to heel and heel to face.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoodbyeBread said:

That's an understatement

While I have mixed feeling about Enzo, but what happened was completely justified. Can't believe Strowman and entire CW division destroyed him. Moral of the story: Don't be a jerk on the bus. Hopefully, Enzo will humble himself and think twice before annoying everyone backstage.

Though to be honest, I don't think this was satisfying. This was just "Enzo's getting the sh*t kicked out of him." He was getting beaten up before no mercy, so how is this any different? Storyline-wise, this makes zero sense. I mean, by beating him up, you proved that he was right. The guy is making the CW division interesting, which was something Neville couldn't do, even though he is one of the best wrestlers in the cruiser-weight division. That just could be a charisma problem the 205 needed solved. With the whole division beating him up, it will be interesting to see how this will all play out. With that said, Enzo will still be the center of attention and people will tune in to see him, be it as fans or people who want to see him beat up.

So quick question: Is Enzo Amore Heel now? kinda confused as mostly heels have celebrations. if so, this might be like the whole "Hart/Stone cold" thing, both switching from face to heel and heel to face.

Only thing I could think of ...

• Like 2

I need to find out what happened on that bus that made people dislike Enzo Amore...

...like even the crowd are starting to turn against him. Even the Miz commented on the bus incident during his segemtn of Miz TV a few weeks back. This time last year he and Big Cass were getting some of the biggest pops on RAW. The hell happened?

58 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

I need to find out what happened on that bus that made people dislike Enzo Amore...

...like even the crowd are starting to turn against him. Even the Miz commented on the bus incident during his segemtn of Miz TV a few weeks back. This time last year he and Big Cass were getting some of the biggest pops on RAW. The hell happened?

"Dave Meltzer reported in the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Amore got kicked off the tour bus after being overheard talking negatively about the wrestling industry while bragging about how much money he is earning from WWE. "

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0807/629885/more-details-on-enzo-amore-backstage-heat/

Raw_rendered--ec68e1bc84425572999a0fb774ea7165.png

WWE RAW

9/25/2017

It's probably obvious that Roman will get Brock at WM34, because now it looks like he's a little busy with The Miz. Rumors have it that what The Miz did after destroying Roman leads to a clue of Roman bringing his old buddies next week for a match. Oh man.

I thought Finn and Bray's feud was over after The Demon's victory at No Mercy. Isn't it time for Finn to move on? He mentioned that he wanted Brock in an interview backstage. He was the inaugural Universal Champion and had to vacate his title due to an arm injury. I don't think Bray is done with him yet. Maybe this will lead to a TLC match. 

Mickie James might be Alexa's next opponent at TLC. The outcome would probably be the same as what happened to Roman and Cena's match. Calling her an "Old Lady" was enough :lol:.

Braun needed to dethrone some stuff after a loss to Brock. See, that's what happens when you mistakenly give the CW Championship to Enzo Amore. He is annoying as hell and now the whole CW Division is suffering from a terrible natural disaster. This needs to be repaired real quick.  

2 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

He started to brag how WWE pays good, and just annoyed a lot of people. Good thing Roman kicked him out. Enzo just got a whole lot worse after his split with Big Cass. We have no idea where this is leading to. 

3 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

That's an understatement

Hey, quickly fast forward the video and watch from 3:04 - 3:17. Look at his face :lol:.

• Like 1

Just like I thought they don't know what to do with Strowman. This week he faced Dean Ambrose and next week he will face Seth Rollins but what do they have for him after he is done with those random matches ? Seth and Dean will most likely join Roman for a Shield reunion to face The Miz and The Miztourage so I hope they find some plans for Strowman, hopefully sooner rather than later ?

I wished the Raw fallout was part of the main event because it was so good to see Enzo taking a well deserved beat down, he his so annoying in the ring I can't even imagine myself listening to him for real :P 

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2017 at 9:55 PM, itachi-destroyer said:

Here is my "WWE No Mercy" prediction :

RAW Women's Championship - Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax vs Sasha Banks vs Bayley vs Emma (Fatal-5-Way)

I don't think a championship change is needed or smart to do tonight because Asuka's coming and I think (and hope) that she is going to win the Championship in her first match. So Alexa Bliss will win imo.

Yeah, Asuka is yet to arrive. I think she'll come at TLC. Paige is also on the way, and I'd love to see her on RAW, because SmackDown Women's Division is already fine with the Hell in a Cell setup and pretty much dead so it won't be good for her return. I wonder if it's possible to put both RAW. 

40 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Just like I thought they don't know what to do with Strowman. This week he faced Dean Ambrose and next week he will face Seth Rollins but what do they have for him after he is done with those random matches ? Seth and Dean will most likely join Roman for a Shield reunion to face The Miz and The Miztourage so I hope they find some plans for Strowman, hopefully sooner rather than later 1f612.png

I wished the Raw fallout was part of the main event because it was so good to see Enzo taking a well deserved beat down, he his so annoying in the ring I can't even imagine myself listening to him for real :P 

I don't want Braun to fall in the same trap with Bray and other superstars in the same condition. This isn't good for a character like him and I hope something will be done. Before No Mercy happened, he was doing great with monstrous matches like The Ambulance match against Roman Reings at Great Balls of Fire. I second your thought on Seth and Dean to join forces with Roman to face The Miz and The Miztourage next week or something. 

Giving Enzo the title in the first place felt like the whole CW Division just kicked the bucket. He was out cold and I laughed at his face when the other CW superstars delivered a beating to him. You could just fast forward to the video that @GoodbyeBread posted to 3:04 - 3:17 ? ? ?.

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

The bus incident is just the beginning.  Basically, on screen Enzo is no different than off screen Enzo.  His obnoxious personality rubs everyone backstage the wrong way and it's got to the point where another worker (never heard who) even took a swing at him.  After the Mayweather/McGregor fight he came back going on and on about all the celebrities he was hanging out with and how big of a star he was and people (especially the unnamed someone) were just fed up.  The guy's notorious for bringing his friends backstage and constantly talking shit about the industry to, and with, them.  Add all that to the fact he's a terrible wrestler and it paints a pretty shitty picture, and fans are starting to wise up to it.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 2

I don't understand why they give Enzo the title if everyone hates him backstage. You normally don't get opportunities like that if you're in the doghouse. Vince is making a big mistake in pushing Amore for misbehaving. Although it makes the Cruiserweight Division finally relevant and interesting, it could lead to other wrestlers acting the way Enzo does and some day backfire on WWE if more guys go down that path to get attention.

Sami Zayn or Curt Hawkins for example would certainly love to get their hands on a Championship. Yet they don't get rewarded for working their butts off and doing the job for others, while Enzo - after being an asshole - gets the CW title, plus more money as the Champ. Wow, he surely has learned his lesson now...

Other than that, No Mercy was a decent event. I would've given Strowman the belt though, because now he has nothing else to do but beat up a bunch of guys and wait til next year to either get his shot (and we all know that Roman will have his long title reign next year, so no chance for Braun to be Champion) or get drafted to Smackdown to win the Heavyweight title there.

I really liked the promo battle between Mickie James and Alexa Bliss. They did well, as did Sami and Kevin Owens on Smachdown. Their ongoing rivalry is pure gold. Only hated the Jinder stuff and Dolph as Underziggler. That guy screams and yells all the time, what make his promos cringeworthy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ee28max said:

Yeah, Asuka is yet to arrive. I think she'll come at TLC. Paige is also on the way, and I'd love to see her on RAW, because SmackDown Women's Division is already fine with the Hell in a Cell setup and pretty much dead so it won't be good for her return. I wonder if it's possible to put both RAW. 

@GoodbyeBread

Its been reported in the last week or so that Paige is looking more and more to be on Smackdown

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rikwebb said:

"Dave Meltzer reported in the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Amore got kicked off the tour bus after being overheard talking negatively about the wrestling industry while bragging about how much money he is earning from WWE. "

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0807/629885/more-details-on-enzo-amore-backstage-heat/

15 hours ago, ee28max said:

He started to brag how WWE pays good, and just annoyed a lot of people. Good thing Roman kicked him out. Enzo just got a whole lot worse after his split with Big Cass. We have no idea where this is leading to. 

12 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

The bus incident is just the beginning.  Basically, on screen Enzo is no different than off screen Enzo.  His obnoxious personality rubs everyone backstage the wrong way and it's got to the point where another worker (never heard who) even took a swing at him.  After the Mayweather/McGregor fight he came back going on and on about all the celebrities he was hanging out with and how big of a star he was and people (especially the unnamed someone) were just fed up.  The guy's notorious for bringing his friends backstage and constantly talking shit about the industry to, and with, them.  Add all that to the fact he's a terrible wrestler and it paints a pretty shitty picture, and fans are starting to wise up to it.

So essentially he's a dick in real life. Isn't he from Jersey? Shouldn't come as a surprise ;)

In all seriousness, this is pretty shitty of him. He is surrounded by wrestlers who earn a lot less than him and put on better performances than him week in and week out. Not only that, but he is also surrounded by wrestlers whose families have being in the industry for generations. They take this very seriously and for some chud to come along and talk smack about something they are passionate about....yeah, no wonder why people are fed up with him. Roman Reigns is a member of a wrestling family that are practically royalty as far as I know so it's no surprise he fucked him off the bus.

8 minutes ago, rikwebb said:

Its been reported in the last week or so that Paige is looking more and more to be on Smackdown

Probably for the best. As much as I love RAW and would prefer her on that show, the people at Smackdown take much better care of their wrestlers, which is exactly what Paige needs right now.

• Like 2

WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

WWE SmackDown LIVE

9/26/2017

Sami Zayn is one of the superstars that needs to be pushed way more. He was way better than Kevin Owens during his NXT days until he defeated Neville to become the NXT Champion, only to be betrayed by his best friend at that same night. Sami Zayn should've won the MitB instead of Baron Corbin. At least his cash-in would not have been a failure like Corbin's. He would be chasing down the WWE Championship by now. I noticed that most superstars from NXT become a huge flop in the main roster. History has it on one of them being Bo Dallas, and many others. Sami loses most to his former best friend, and last night on SD he was about to be put in the same situation as Chris Jericho. His career nearly ended, but thanks to Shane, he saved him. 

Finally someone halted Dolph's stupid entrances and almost made a fool out of himself being "Underziggler". So glad we'll be seeing Bobby Roode and Dolph Ziggler at Hell in a Cell, so the Show-Off can finally show us how damn good he is in the ring. 

Randy and Rusev aren't done yet. They might finish this off at Hell in a Cell and wow, that RKO destroyed Aiden, Rusev and the whole Bulgarian celebration.

Jinder strikes back to another promo after going too far last week. One of the images on the screen moved and that probably scared the hell out of Jinder. With Jinder as the WWE champ, you never know whether he's gonna keep it or not. Hopefully at Hell in a Cell, the match would be great including dethroning the Singh Brothers. 

The Hype Bros look like they're becoming enemies. You see them arguing one day about how Mojo Rowley eliminated Zack from the US Championship No. 1 contender Battle Royal, now there are frequent arguments backstage. Zack is also suffering from the same thing as WWE doesn't get to push him. Remember when he lost his IC title on RAW after WM32?

2 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

I'm sure Paige will be happy to see Xavier Woods again. At least one familiar face on the roster

Oh yeah, this reminds me of a quote from The Usos from that epic Rap Battle hosted by Wale. Let's see if I can remember it: "Big E, let's keep it PG, you know what's good, just don't get all Rated-R like your boy Xavier Woods." This was everyone's reaction: 

supa-hot-fire.gif

WWE-205-Live-Logo.png?fit=360%2C267

WWE 205 LIVE

9/26/2017

Even on crutches, Enzo will never shut his mouth. It was honestly one of the biggest mistake WWE has ever done in history. Why would everyone forfeit if he's attacked? I wish the whole CW went crazy again and just beat the crap out of him.   

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ee28max said:

WWE-205-Live-Logo.png?fit=360%2C267

WWE 205 LIVE

9/26/2017

Even on crutches, Enzo will never shut his mouth. It was honestly one of the biggest mistake WWE has ever done in history. Why would everyone forfeit if he's attacked? I wish the whole CW went crazy again and just beat the crap out of him.   

I try to see every story line with a moral. Looking back at the past few weeks, It feels like they going to have Enzo "fall from grace". The question in this story line is how far will it take before Enzo humbles himself and realized he went too far? That his victories against Big Cass and Neville were mere flukes?

It reminds me of MVP's losing streak storyline, how every week he is unable to make a win week after week.Then through by chance, They change completely. Truth be told it was one of my favorite storylines and one way to make a heel into a face. (As a side note, I want to see a wrestling storyline where one wrestler gets a losing streak, but then gets a glowing winning streak, beating all the wrestlers that defeat and mocked him/her.)

Back to Enzo, if he going to be set up for a great fall, having him champion makes sense. it would magnify how bad he screwed himself. From losing his best friend to alienating the whole locker room, Imagine one day where Enzo comes out and is completely silent. Probably wishful thinking, but if they do go 'the fall from grace' route, it might make for an incredible moment.

Then again, it just fantasy booking.

TL:DR

You can't be a great champion if you don't have great competition. How can he brag about being great if no one wants to challenge him?

That will make Enzo's reign very stale and will aggravate him. Either that or management will disregard Enzo's clause.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

As a side note, I want to see a wrestling storyline where one wrestler gets a losing streak, but then gets a glowing winning streak, beating all the wrestlers that defeat and mocked him/her.

Bray Wyatt needs this storylne. He is becoming a running gag at this stage. Unfortunately he is in a feud with my boy Finn Balor at the moment so I need that to end before Wyatt goes on his winning streak.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

(As a side note, I want to see a wrestling storyline where one wrestler gets a losing streak, but then gets a glowing winning streak, beating all the wrestlers that defeat and mocked him/her.)

They've done something similar to this in WCPW, Gabriel Kidd lost his first 20+ of his  matches there then won a Triple Threat for the WCPW internet title against Cody Rohdes and Joe Hendry then defended the title a few times including against Zack Sabre jr

8 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Bray Wyatt needs this storylne. He is becoming a running gag at this stage. Unfortunately he is in a feud with my boy Finn Balor at the moment so I need that to end before Wyatt goes on his winning streak.

Yeah he is, and I think their feud will go all the way to TLC. Finn Balor thought it was over and finally wanted the title he never lost back, but Bray appeared after Finn defeated Goldust on RAW so that might not happen anymore I'm afraid. I wish he'd go chase down the IC Championship after Bray cost him the No. 1 Contender in the 10-Man Battle Royal a while back.