The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

6 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

I'd hate to see Neville go. He showed his true potential since turning Heel and is one of the best bad guys right now.

So, what I'm hearing is he walking out on RAW and forcing them to change the main event to Enzo/Kalisto (and strapping Kalisto which was a late swerve to make it seem not obvious the main event was changed) is confirmed but, Neville asking for his release isn't.

If he does indeed leave, I doubt he'll have any trouble finding a new landing spot.  First Aries, now (maybe) Neville.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

So, what I'm hearing is he walking out on RAW and forcing them to change the main event to Enzo/Kalisto (and strapping Kalisto which was a late swerve to make it seem not obvious the main event was changed) is confirmed but, Neville asking for his release isn't.

If he does indeed leave, I doubt he'll have any trouble finding a new landing spot.  First Aries, now (maybe) Neville.

Yeah no doubt about it. He could follow Cody Rhodes to NJPW and be a member of the Bullet Club, or have matches against Cody and Kenny Omega.

Still alarming when your talent just walks out on you that way. A couple of years ago everyone was afraid of being fired. Now guys like him or Cody wanna get released to wrestle on indy shows.

On 10/12/2017 at 4:58 AM, Jesaya815 said:

Yeah no doubt about it. He could follow Cody Rhodes to NJPW and be a member of the Bullet Club, or have matches against Cody and Kenny Omega.

Still alarming when your talent just walks out on you that way. A couple of years ago everyone was afraid of being fired. Now guys like him or Cody wanna get released to wrestle on indy shows.

Time have most definitely changed. In anything you do, you go where there is opportunity. While Neville was big in the CW division and has contributed well, but if they don't have any plans to use him, why stick around? I wouldn't be surprised if he left. it would really hit WWE (and Vince) hard, seeing their own ex-employees flourishing tremendously in ROH or NJPW. 

"Know when to walk away from someone or something that doesn't value you. Self-worth is never determined by others" ~ Austin Aries

(of course i got this quote from wrestletalk :P)

WrestleTalk video on Neville leaving

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

it would really hit WWE (and Vince) hard, seeing their own ex-employees flourishing tremendously in ROH or NJPW. 

Nah, Vince has (and will) always seen those companies as the "minor leagues".  He has no respect for them as competition and has almost always put "WWE guys" over when they're having matches with talent that got famous in another company.  There's always the rare occasion he'll admit he made a mistake (like he did with AJ saying he wished he would have hired him a decade ago) or the fans simply won't be denied a supremely talented guy like Daniel Bryan but HHH is the driving force behind guys like KO and Joe getting chances, and the "minor league" mentality isn't going anywhere until Vince is out of the picture.

• Like 1

WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

WWE SmackDown LIVE

10/10/2017

SD LIVE was great. The Usos finally rule the Tag Team Division, but Chad & Shelton might just ruin their moment. They should've given Breezango a chance, because I think it would be much more entertaining, but right now they're busy with Fasion Files, so Chad & Shelton are alright.

I think it was a great choice for Corbin to retain his title as I think he can keep it and maintain it well. Hopefully he starts putting up US Open Challenges like Cena used to and as well as AJ Styles. I think Tye will hop in and continue his rivalry with Corbin next week.

Sami and Kevin's little reunion wasn't so bad. If these two continue to team up and have unstoppable tactics, this would be awesome. It's about time Sami gets his moment.

So glad Bobby and Dolph's feud isn't over yet. Looking forward to their rematch. I might be the only one, but I want this feud to get carried all the way to Survivor Series.

Luke Harper and Erick Rowan are finally back on SD LIVE and joined forces under the name "Bludgeon Brothers". Let's see what these two can do.

Can't believe Neville is up for a release. I hope he ain't leaving, because his heel character built him up a lot and leaving WWE would be a huge loss. This is probably over the frustrations on the WWE Officials. Neville was better off in the main roster, but he made the CW Division more entertaining to watch. I hope this is just a nostalgic nightmare. 

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 2

Neville has a ton of momentum right now despite that stupid loss to Enzo, and could sign with NJPW as 1 of their top Jrs/or guys(if lucky).
He'd easily have a great run with juniors like Will, Hiromu, Kushida, and Marty. People are throwing Bullet Club around, but I'd actually like to see him join Suzuki-gun.

That stable has been booked quite poor as of late(apart from KES), and I'd assume it's due to it being Omega, and now Naito's time to shine.

Plus a lack of established star power(cus Suzuki, Zack, and KES are good, but not enough to balance the other bland members).

Bullet Club is a pretty popular stable, but currently a solid #2 behind LIJ in Japan.

Obviously NJPW fans have gravitated their interest towards Naito Vs. Okada, while guys like Hiromu, EVIL, and Sanada also get their characters over...despite Bushi currently being put in the jobber roll(but hey, he sells masks).

Neville at least in Suzuki-gun could be booked as a strong 3rd wheel in the stable behind Suzuki, and an arguable rivalry for position #2 with Zack.

Now wouldn't that be fun! Zack and Neville either joining forces or competing against eachother as Suzuki's right hand man. That will give the stable a lot of good limelight.

My favorite wrestler right now is Minoru Suzuki, and I'd like to see him and Neville bring back interest in Suzuki-gun.

Imagine LIJ going to war with Suzuki-gun after he takes that title off Okada. It's weird, but Naito is slowly becoming a face this year...so he's gonna need a true heel faction on his tail if Gedo is planning a face turn after WK12.

But I guess Neville riding the Bullet Club's Hot Topic T-shirt train, wouldn't be a bad idea either.

We'll see what happens I guess, since Neville was known as a dominant heel in WWE...but is leaving as a face.

Edited by DarknessKey92

RAW : This RAW was quite weak besides the first segment and the steel cage match with the return of Kane. Actually, his return was the most interesting part of this RAW and I want him and Braun to fight eachother after TLC :D  

Speaking of TLC here are my (early) predictions : 

WWE TLC Kickoff - Sasha Banks vs Alicia Fox

Sasha Banks wins. Nothing to say about this match I probably won't watch it considering I don't like any of the two women involved.

Jack Gallagher and Brian Kendrick vs Cedric Alexander and Rich Swann

I can see Jack Gallagher and Brian Kendrick win with a dirty tactic so I'm going for them but I wouldn't be surprised if Cedric Alexander and Rich Swann win.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Enzo Amore vs Kalisto (c)

I'm going to say WWE are going to play the "hot potato" Championships again so Enzo Amore will win and it's going to be a bad move for the CW division AGAIN.

RAW Women’s Championship - Mickie James vs Alexa Bliss (c)

I don't care about this feud because it's ridiculous to say that Mickie is an "old" woman :P But I think the match will be interesting with the two different style of these women. I'm going with Alexa Bliss again but I wouldn't mind Mickie James winning the title so she can face Asuka, their championship match at a past NXT Takeover was really good and I'd like them to face for a title again :) 

Bray Wyatt (as Sister Abigail) vs Finn Balor (Demon King)

It's funny how this feud was another boring Bray Wyatt feud at the last PPV and it became so much more interesting in just one month. The whole Sister Abigail thing made their rivalry reach another level and I can't wait to see what they are going to do. Bray NEEDS to win because if he doesn't it's really the end for him so I'm going Bray/Sister Abigail for the winner of this match !

Asuka vs Emma

The match should be good if it's not a squash but either way Asuka should win and go for the title as soon as possible

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match 5 vs 3 Handicap Match The Miz, Cesaro, Sheamus, Braun Strowman & Kane vs The Shield

I believe the Shield is going to win since they are "the most dominant stable in WWE history" ... -_- 

I could see Kane and Braun fighting eachother during the match and leaving the battle so it becomes a 3 on 3, there is no way the Shield lose their match they have to overcome the odds, so Roman can have his cheap pop and be a little bit more appreciated before WM34.

I really don't like what RAW has been doing for the past months but this one is probably the worst. I hate the fact that the Tag Team Championships, The Intercontinental Championship and the Universal Championship aren't going to be defended, all in ONE PPV. And since I'm not a huge fan of the Shield (or at least the way they came back together, that feels pretty random, just to occupy Roman until WM34) the PPV feels really bad because besides Bray Wyatt vs Finn Balor all these matches make me feel like they would be better on a random RAW, they don't have any important storylines to hype the PPV so I hope the matches are at least going to deliver in the ring.

The match that interest me the most is Bray Wyatt vs Finn Balor but I'm also looking forward to Asuka's debut because she is my favorite Woman, all rosters together.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 2

Why?  What was the freakin' point of Kurt Angle banning everyone from ringside?  The match starts, Miz is already ringside because he's on commentary, the Bar shows up to interfere anyways and the Shield comes in for the save.  This kind of nonsensical booking highlights the ineptitude of WWE writing.  If the plan is for Kane to show up and assist Braun then there was absolutely NO reason for all the other shenanigans.  The Bar and the Shield could have actually been banned, which wouldn't have made Angle look like a joke, and you get the same result.  So maddening watching these idiots consistently ignore logic week after week.

• Like 2

ok time for TLC predictions (1 - really looking forward to it / 10 - don't care about it)

Asuka vs Emma - Winner: Asuka

I'm really interested in seeing how she does one her first PPV. (Only thing that worries me is how she is going to be booked afterwards)

Tables, Ladders and Chairs match - The Shield vs Miz, Sheamus, Cesaro, Kane and Braun Strowman - Winner: The Shield

The Shield just got back together. Why destroyed them after reuniting them? I do believe this match will be interesting and want to see how they will pull it off.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Enzo Amore vs Kalisto - Kalisto

Enzo is now heel and, in my opinion, will really grow from here on out. After watching them on Raw, it's a 50/50 chance how things will play out. Kalisto, although a fantastic wrestler, isn't very good on the mic. I swear, I'm getting flashback of his promo of when he won the US title (goddamn woo!). Enzo is the reverse. He can cut decent promos, but his wrestling needs to be improved, or at the very least, needs a new finisher. To me, it feels very weak. But at TLC, I think Kalisto will retain at least for tonight. if it goes to Enzo, I wouldn't be surprised.

Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt - Winner: Finn

Still 50/50, but my money is on Balor winning. I think it will be a great match, but the promos leading up to it are a bit...cringey. I'm hoping this match will finally wrap up this feud.

(As a side note, I heard there are plans to make Balor feud with Samoa Joe. Is that true? Then i would be very interested.)

Brian Kendrick & Jack Gallagher vs Cedric Alexander & Rich Swann - Winner: Alexander and Swann

Not much to say about this one. However, my prediction is that Alexander and Swann will win, but then get beat up by Gallagher and Kendrick, getting more heat in the process.

WWE Raw Women's Championship - "The 37 old lady" Mickey James vs Alexia "Biscuit Butt" Bliss - Winner: Alexia "Biscuit Butt" Bliss

The whole feud seems silly to me, yet at the same time, I don't hate it for happening. Since it is interesting to me, I don't care who wins, but i believe Bliss will win.

Kickoff Sasha vs Alicia Fox - Winner: Sasha Banks

Not really invested in this one. Sasha will win with the Bank Statement. To be frank, I rather have Sasha have a couple of matches than title matches for a while.

• Like 2

Here are my predictions:

Kickoff - Alicia Fox vs Sasha Banks
Winner: Sasha Banks - apparently Nia Jax was scheduled to face The Boss, but either walked out on WWE as Neville did, or wanted some time off. Whatever may be the case, the writers dug out the Crazy Fox Gimmick again to give this Matchup a reason to take place. Let's hope Sasha makes it quick.

Jack Gallagher & The Brian Kendrick vs Cedric Alexander & Rich Swann
Winners: Jack Gallagher & The Brian Kendrick - Cedric & Swann had the upper hand on Raw and 205 Live, so I'm picking Gallagher & Kendrick to take the victory with some dirty tricks. There's a lot of potential in this Duo if they get booked the right way.

Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt
Winner: Bray Wyatt - Finn has won the last two matches. Now it's time for Bray to become Norma Bates, because if you can't beat a Man or Demon the old fashion way, you put on a gown and call yourself Sister, it's that simple. With that, both characters drift into nothingness.

WWE Raw Women's Championship Match - Alexa Bliss vs Mickie James
Winner: Alexa Bliss - from Piggy James to an Old Lady, poor Mickie always gets the worst Storylines. Suddenly the Women's Revolution went back to 2009 and that's a shame. The Match could be a real showstealer though, if the two get enough time.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match - Kalisto vs Enzo Amore
Winner: Enzo Amore - The Beatdown on Raw was foreshadowing of what might happen at Survivor Series. Enzo, who bought himself some friends, against Kalisto and the rest of the Babyface Cruiserweights. But we're not quite there yet. First Enzo will win the Championship back, to reverse the "On The Fly" Booking a couple of weeks ago.

Asuka vs Emma
Winner: Asuka - The Empress of Tomorrow will finally have her debut on the main show and Emma is going to be her first victim. No surprises here, just a simple Squash Match to give Asuka a good start.

5-on-3 Handicap Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match - The Shield vs The Miz, Sheamus, Cesaro, Braun Strowman & Kane
Winners: The Shield - honestly, I would've preferred a 3-on-3 here. The Shield dominates The Miztourage on Sunday and because of that The Miz starts to recruit better guys like Strowman, Sheamus & Cesaro for Survivor Series to be more of a threat to them. Instead you have five top Heels that will not stand a chance and then what? Give the reunited brothers ten opponents at the next PPV? Anyway, it's great to see Kane back and it's going to be a great brawl with many spectacular spots.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Brock Lesnar vs Jinder Mahal......RIIIIIIIGHT.

This doesn't even make any sense. I mean let's look at it.

1. Jinder is only champion because Vince thinks people from India will care if the champion is Canadian...I mean Canadian with Indian parents. So with the India trip happening soon they can't have Jinder lose because that would make him look weak.

2. Brock can't lose because he is being saved for Roman and it is bad enough to waste Braun and Samoa Joe and all the other people Brock has destroyed to try and get Roman over (for the 90th time) but it would be even worse to sacrifice all that good will on fucking Jinder Mahal.

3. If there is a screwy finish it also sucks because A) It is a Champion vs Champion match so a screwy finish would just be a let down and B ) A screwy finish means they need a rematch.

So yeah...what is the point of this match? 

• Like 1

OMG The TLC card has changed and will feature AJ Styles vs Finn Balor but more importantly... 

The return to the ring for Kurt Angle and he will replace Roman Reigns :D

I don't like always seing the negative side but I wished they didn't put him in the match so he could have a better return :(

And AJ could have had a good story with Finn Balor so I don't really understand. I'm obviously REALLY excited for these matches but it could potentially spoil a "the club" feud between Balor and AJ and the return of Kurt in the ring.

1 hour ago, Jesaya815 said:

Former Bullet Clubs leaders against each other could be the best Match on the Card now.

Lookin' like a higher power finally had to intervene to put an (hopefully!!!!!!!!!!) end to the absolute travesty that has been Finn/Bray.  I heard Jinder is also, while vehemently denying it of course, nursing an injury.  Guess since Vince won't make a correct decision, nature's just taking over and correcting shit for him.  Now, finger's crossed for it being a 2nd wellness policy strike from Reigns.

3 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

I'm excited to see Kurt back in the ring, but to just give it away like this?! I don't know. Former Bullet Clubs leaders against each other could be the best Match on the Card now.

Yup 2 huge matches just given away with 0 build. I mean Kurt returning could be a Mania match. AJ vs Balor could headline any PPV. But nope, just give them away for nothing.

I know their back were to the walls with 2 major stories being thrown out but Kurt returning should not be this wishy washy kind of thing.

Honestly that Styles Vs. Balor match is the only reason I'm watching TLC now.

The being a surprise with no WWE build is IMO the best way they can have this match ATM.

1. They're on a separate brand

2. Considering WWE is having heat with the Bullet Club, over multiple cease & desist letters...do you really think Vince is gonna wanna push a Bullet Club story build for Styles & Balor?

3. Adding to point #2, is Jimmy Jacobs' firing from WWE for just posting a picture with his buddies(during the Bullet invasion). Vince clearly doesn't like Bullet Club, considering they're taking his shirt sales and wearing them at events.

4. We the fans know Balor & Styles background in this match, otherwise we wouldn't be marking out saying "it's a dream match, between 2 former Bullet Club leaders".

5. Normally with the build you'd imagine who's gonna win, here however it is a little hard. Considering both Styles & Balor are booked to face the brand's top champs, before that Brock Vs Mahal Survivor Series match.

Honestly I'd rather it be Universal Champ Balor Vs. WWE Champ Styles at Survivor Series, but that's Vince for ya. Or who knows, perhaps Vince realizes the draw this Sunday's match can have, and actually changes his mind. Because IMO Mahal isn't a draw, and Brock doesn't need the fucken title in a Mania match where its supposed to be about beating Taker at Mania.

My only hope this Sunday at TLC is that Styles & Balor have a good match, and isn't watered down so hard that Vince orgasms again shafting the people who care about it.

• Like 2

Does that mean we have to redo our predictions? Seems odd how things turned out.

AJ Styles vs Finn Balor - Winner: Finn Balor

I love both of these guys. Watching Raw, i look for Finn balor and SD, I look for AJ styles. the fact that this was out of the blue is very unusual. Regardless of that, I believe this will be match of the night.

My prediction remains the same with Shield + Kurt angle vs Miz (and friends) with Kane and Braun Strowman. I hope it isn't a cookie cutter story with SD (Shane vs Owens). Miz gets angry with Kurt. saying he's abusing his authority, Kurt denies that, and so on. if it does, i hope they take a different direction

• Like 1

PPV Review :

Once again WWE played with my mind, I was totally uninterested in this PPV because I didn't like the card at all until the changes happened ... :D Even after the changes I wasn't totally into it but the matches were great :

Jack Gallagher and Brian Kendrick vs Cedric Alexander and Rich Swann

The match was really fun to watch and Jack Gallagher headbutts are always really cool to see. I don't understand the point of this feud though, Gallagher and Kendrick never won a match so what's the point of this ? Gallagher's new theme is good too.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Enzo Amore vs Kalisto (c)

? Hot potato championship AGAIN ?

RAW Women’s Championship - Mickie James vs Alexa Bliss (c)

What an excellent match ! That's the first time in a while I'm enjoying a women match on the main roster. I liked what Mickie James showed us tonight since she wasn't used to her fullest since her main event return but she proved us that she is definitely a top threat on the RAW women roster and I hope she will be used as she should. I don't mind the result because I like both Mickie James and Alexa Bliss.

AJ Styles vs Finn Balor

Without any hesitation the match of the night and a good contender for the match of the year imo. (I still prefer Pete Dunn vs Tyler Bate at a past Takeover, you should really watch it if you missed it). The match is a must see and the crowd was so hot it made the bout between Finn and AJ even more epic. There are just two things I didn't like about the match, first, I don't think either one of them should have lost clean and secondly it was too short :P Now I can't wait to see a proper feud between those two, or, even better, an alliance with the club !

Asuka vs Emma

I wasn't expecting a squash but I wasn't expecting such a long match either and it was another really good women match for the main roster. Asuka unfortunately didn't have a lot of offense but what she showed should convince those that didn't knew her that she will take the RAW women's division and make it great again. I have no doubt in my mind that with Asuka, Mickie, Alexa and Nia (when she comes back) that we could have entertaining women's matches and feuds until the next draft.

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match 5 vs 3 Handicap Match The Miz, Cesaro, Sheamus, Braun Strowman & Kane vs The Shield (The best version of The Shield actually)

Kurt looked so good in that attire :P The match was ok, it seemed like Kurt didn't know what to do since Ambrose and Rollins were doing their things without paying too much attention about him and I was f*cking pissed that a team of Rollins and Ambrose (when Kurt left) could beat The Miz, Cesaro, Sheamus, Braun and Kane by themselves that is so stupid and I hate even more that stupid Shield reunion. What is the point of this, trying to bury all the greatest talents on the roster ? This is just stupid and even though the match was a little bit entertaining what are they trying to do ? Brock Lesnar won't defend his championship for a few months and the Shield destroyed all their opposition in one night in an handicap match (Without superRoman which is even more stupid) so f*ck the bookers. 

A good PPV overall but I'm afraid of what's next for the RAW brand now. I just hope Samoa Joe isn't going to go against the Shield he deserves so much better.

(On a side note, it was really fun to see Triple H twerk with The New Day on their house show in Chile :P)

Finally returned to this awesome thread and I've missed all of you :P.

I've had a lot going on all week long, and I never got to post my TLC predictions, but they were the same as @itachi-destroyer's. I was startled by the Card change, but the PPV was still great, featuring Kurt's in-ring return and the 2 former Bullet Club leaders going face-to-face. I knew Kane would turn against Braun in the match and I would love to see the two fight. Asuka's debut was awesome and  I strongly hope the RAW brand treats her well by building her up smoothly. 

The Under Siege segment was a great start to the Road to Survivor Series. I thought RAW would do the same to SmackDown, but I think the moment is still coming. Survivor Series PPV will be based on RAW vs SD, which I think is great. I hope the Traditional 5 vs 5 will be just as good as last year's. SmackDown already has 1/5 members ready and we're waiting for the rest. That low blow and RKO that Randy delivered to Sami Zayn was so savage and I didn't expect that. Alicia Fox as the captain is the worst and best decision for raging lol. 

• Like 1