The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

WWE logic strikes again "hey guys, let's build Emma up again and let her have a good match with Asuka..." "She delivered a good match and her "jobbing" streak his over, it's time to release her" :) 

I wasn't a huge fan of her but she was certainly among the best women on the main roster. Maybe officials were pissed off that Emma didn't fit their Emmalina vision :facepalm:

• Like 1

Yeah it's the same logic as Finn Balor beating AJ Styles in a classic wrestling match, and then lose to Kane the following night in about five minutes. And don't get me started on this whole brand loyalty thing all of a sudden or rivalries between both shows which only gets thematized right before Survivor Series.

2 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

WWE logic strikes again "hey guys, let's build Emma up again and let her have a good match with Asuka..." "She delivered a good match and her "jobbing" streak his over, it's time to release her" :) 

I wasn't a huge fan of her but she was certainly among the best women on the main roster. Maybe officials were pissed off that Emma didn't fit their Emmalina vision :facepalm:

Maybe she wanted out as well?  

Raw_rendered--ec68e1bc84425572999a0fb774ea7165.png

WWE RAW

10/30/2017

Great show. I was glad to see the RAW Commissioner back and I'm so relieved to hear that Kurt Angle is the Team Captain and will be in action again at Survivor Series. I hope Shane is as well captain for his SmackDown Team as I'd love to the two face each other. Losing Kurt as the GM would be bad IMO, so I hope things go well here. Kane attacks his former Team Hell No partner and... I strongly hope Daniel will make a ring return at Survivor Series too. I could flame throw millions of dollars to Vince if that happens.

You have no idea how proud I was to see Nia Jax. I thought she was gone for good, but now we'll still be seeing her all the way to Survivor Series in the Women's Team. 

Mickie loses again. Not surprising, but it's over for her and now it's only Alexa and Natalya on the picture for now.

The Halloween Trick or Street Fight was amazing. It's been a while since I've seen Heath Slater and Rhyno in the ring. Tonight's SmackDown LIVE might be a full house show for the Halloween Event. 

I want to see a six-man tag team match next week, featuring Finn Balor & The Shield (Ambrose and Rollins) vs Kane and Cesaro & Sheamus. I find this feud really interesting and I hope Finn moves on to the Universal Championship after Survivor Series.  

Bo Dallas is back, so it's only Reigns and Bray missing. I hope those two recover immediately before SS kicks off. Braun Strowman outta nowhere from the garbage truck :lol:. Curtis Axel is out for real now, because man, he was completely annihilated by The Monster. 

I'm disappointed to hear that Emma was released over the weekend. She was doing so great in her career. I enjoyed her match against Asuka at TLC and the night after it, she at least attempted to go for the RAW Women's Championship at No Mercy in a Fatal 5-Way, and now this happened. Summer Rae and Darren Young have now disappeared and are out of the face of the WWE Universe.

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 2

WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

WWE SmackDown LIVE

10/31/2017

Another great, decent show. This week proved out to be awesome. I thought Shane wouldn't be performing in the ring for a while after what happened at Hell in a Cell, but it looks like he's still strong and persistent (he is a McMahon after all). Serving as captain for Team SmackDown once again sounds cool. Can't wait to see Shane-O-Mac and Kurt Angle face to face at Survivor Series. Already 4/5 members are ready. So far it's Shane McMahon (c), Randy Orton, Bobby Roode and Shinsuke Nakamura. I strongly hope AJ Styles will defeat Rusev next week to become the 5th member of the Team, and then the line up is complete. I want RAW's line up to be just like this.

I'm so disappointed by the fact that Chad & Shelton will be facing The Usos next week for the SmackDown Tag Team Championships. Fingers crossed The Usos to retain, because I want their match with Dean & Seth to happen at Survivor Series.   

The SD Women's Team looks great. I hope Alicia Fox is watching closely and making sure that her picks are 100% accurate. 

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm so puzzled. It's been 3 SD LIVE shows in a row, where we've seen Baron Corbin and Sin Cara beat the crap out of each other. We need other Superstars backstage to participate in Corbin's US Championship Open Challenges if he decides to put them up.

Question for you all: Team RAW or Team SmackDown? High five to whoever's on Team RAW :highfive: 

• Like 2

Well, my TV is busted so I won't be able to watch wrestling for a bit.

Cable isn't coming through and I've done everything i could to fix it, so I'm going to have a guy look at it to see if he can do it. if not, I'll be looking around for another tv or another television provider.

Right now, I'm Team SD live.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2017 at 6:52 PM, ee28max said:

Raw_rendered--ec68e1bc84425572999a0fb774ea7165.png

WWE RAW

10/30/2017

Great show. I was glad to see the RAW Commissioner back and I'm so relieved to hear that Kurt Angle is the Team Captain and will be in action again at Survivor Series. I hope Shane is as well captain for his SmackDown Team as I'd love to the two face each other. Losing Kurt as the GM would be bad IMO, so I hope things go well here. Kane attacks his former Team Hell No partner and... I strongly hope Daniel will make a ring return at Survivor Series too. I could flame throw millions of dollars to Vince if that happens.

You have no idea how proud I was to see Nia Jax. I thought she was gone for good, but now we'll still be seeing her all the way to Survivor Series in the Women's Team. 

Mickie loses again. Not surprising, but it's over for her and now it's only Alexa and Natalya on the picture for now.

The Halloween Trick or Street Fight was amazing. It's been a while since I've seen Heath Slater and Rhyno in the ring. Tonight's SmackDown LIVE might be a full house show for the Halloween Event. 

I want to see a six-man tag team match next week, featuring Finn Balor & The Shield (Ambrose and Rollins) vs Kane and Cesaro & Sheamus. I find this feud really interesting and I hope Finn moves on to the Universal Championship after Survivor Series.  

Bo Dallas is back, so it's only Reigns and Bray missing. I hope those two recover immediately before SS kicks off. Braun Strowman outta nowhere from the garbage truck :lol:. Curtis Axel is out for real now, because man, he was completely annihilated by The Monster. 

I'm disappointed to hear that Emma was released over the weekend. She was doing so great in her career. I enjoyed her match against Asuka at TLC and the night after it, she at least attempted to go for the RAW Women's Championship at No Mercy in a Fatal 5-Way, and now this happened. Summer Rae and Darren Young have now disappeared and are out of the face of the WWE Universe.

Emma getting released ticked me off so badly. There's numerous people on that roster who I feel should've been released, she wasn't one of them. It's a shame, but I can only hope she uses this to her advantage, do what the likes of Drew McIntyre have done; go away, make a big impact on the indy scene, and then come back. I'd really like to see her come back as I feel she has a lot of talent. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DXTF said:

Emma getting released ticked me off so badly. There's numerous people on that roster who I feel should've been released, she wasn't one of them. It's a shame, but I can only hope she uses this to her advantage, do what the likes of Drew McIntyre have done; go away, make a big impact on the indy scene, and then come back. I'd really like to see her come back as I feel she has a lot of talent. 

Emma's gone and James Ellsworth is on the ground in a dog suit... thanks Vince.  Thanks a lot.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

Well, my TV is busted so I won't be able to watch wrestling for a bit.

Cable isn't coming through and I've done everything i could to fix it, so I'm going to have a guy look at it to see if he can do it. if not, I'll be looking around for another tv or another television provider.

Right now, I'm Team SD live.

Is there a specific channel you watch WWE on your TV? WWE finally arrived to SuperSport on the 29th of August and I was so relieved, so that's where I watch it now. TNA (or GFW, whatever it's called now) was the only Wrestling show that played on that channel, long before WWE came on to it.  

Not feeling like doing a review since I feel mostly like ee28max for this week, two good shows that were way above the average shows. 

However I'm team Smackdown all the way and it's been like that since the brand split :D There is no doubt in my mind that the final member of that team will be AJ Styles and I have to say that SD team looks unbeatable, it looks so awesome that it almost seems like a dream team from a fantasy booking :P 

I can't see RAW putting a team as good as SD's team since they don't even try to build their stars like main eventers so even with Kurt, Strowman, Reigns (probably) I don't know who they could choose that would look like a main eventer because let's face it, Finn Balor doesn't really look like a main eventer (because of shitty booking decisions of course, the guy is awesome) and Bray Wyatt is basically a main event jobber at this point. (Maybe I'm forgetting someone but these guys are the only one that cross my mind when I think of RAW top stars)

EDIT : Yeah, I definitely forgot Samoa Joe :facepalm: But the statement stay the same for the last spot.

Besides that Shane vs Kurt feud, I unfortunately just don't care about Survivor Series because I don't know why I should be interested in seeing RAW and Smackdown fighting each and every year for no apparent reason. 

SD and RAW aside, I have to say that I can't wait for NXT Takeover, I'm sure it will deliver a hell of a show (as always) and be better than Survivor Series :D 

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2017 at 11:12 AM, ee28max said:

Is there a specific channel you watch WWE on your TV? WWE finally arrived to SuperSport on the 29th of August and I was so relieved, so that's where I watch it now. TNA (or GFW, whatever it's called now) was the only Wrestling show that played on that channel, long before WWE came on to it.  

I usually watch WWE on USA network on TV. At the college, the channels are very limited, but I was able to watch RAW and SD there. I also had the FITE app to catch up on NJPW and ROH. if they indeed changed, then I probably wont be able to watch WWE for a while.

• Like 1

AJ Styles is set to face Jinder Mahal for the WWE Championship, this Tuesday on SmackDown LIVE, which I think is a bad idea. This should've just waited for the Clash of Champions PPV and AJ Styles needs to be the 5th member for the SD Team at Survivor Series. I'm wondering if his match against Rusev is postponed? 

13 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Is Jericho under contract with WWE at the moment ? Because I have a hard time believing they actually let Jericho wrestle outside of WWE :o 

Jericho's last couple of contracts were month to month ones if i remember correctly. Easier for him to work around Fozzy, Podcast and book stuff for him.

19 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Is Jericho under contract with WWE at the moment?

Not anymore apparently . https://www.foxsports.com.au/wwe/wrestling-world-shocked-as-chris-jericho-to-face-kenny-omega-at-new-japan-pro-wrestlings-wrestle-kingdom-12/news-story/1e64b20bce4d562837617212efaf78f5?

---

Should rename this thread "Wrestling Discussion", since I don't watch WWE anymore, I feel like I don't belong here. :P

Edited by Venocide
  • Like 1