The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Black vs Velveteen Dream was my match of the weekend from those shows. Can't wait to see what's next for Black.

The Takeover shows give me the feel of the 80's/early 90's when there were 4 big shows and all the TV stuff helped slowly build it instead of the rush jobs they do now.

• Like 2

Raw_rendered--ec68e1bc84425572999a0fb774ea7165.png

WWE RAW

Nov. 20, 2017

Finally a show with Triple H in it. That stare down with Braun was ridiculous. His face could actually fit in The Monster's beard :lol:. I'm so confused right now. It's I was hit by a Hocus-Pocus manoeuvre last night. So it's Kurt Angle, Triple H, Braun Strowman and Jason Jordan (maybe Kane too) involved in this feud. I was so mad at Kane. I hope Braun's okay (to whom am I kidding, this guy survived in an annihilated ambulance at the Great Balls of Fire PPV and returned the next RAW to stop Roman & Joe's match, so the steel chair on the neck is probably just bread crumbs). I really wanna see a Triple H vs Braun Strowman match at Royal Rumble next year (he's probably semi-retired anyway) and then Kurt Angle vs Triple H at WrestleMania 34.

The build up of Roman Reigns started again. Now he has been the Tag Team champ with Seth Rollins, US Champion, WWE Champion, and now the IC Champion. I kinda wish Miz never lost it and his reign should've continued furthermore. He at least should've lost it to a guy like Finn Balor. Now this doesn't only mean that Roman's the IC Champ, but now Seth & Dean are gonna get the RAW Tag Team champs back from The Bar. Vince, you deserve a spank that needs to be shoved up your ass right now :spank:. That Triple Powerbomb on the announce table was brutal too.

Looks like the Joe and Balor feud has officially began. It always starts when The Demon gets beaten and then regains momentum later on and squash his opponents in his way. This is more like Part 2 of the NXT TakeOver: The End steel cage match back in 2016. Hopefully he gets his Universal Championship rematch very soon in the future. Maybe beating Roman after he gets the title WM 34.

Paige is back, but not alone. It's like we have a female version of The Shield here. Looks like they'll be heels and then Alexa becomes a babyface. The team of Paige, Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose vs Alexa Bliss, Sasha Banks and Bailey in a 6-Women match would be simply amazing. We'll see how Paige and her squad continues to brutalize the Women's division on the RAW brand. "Nice to meet you..." ... "Nice to meet you..."  :lol: 

• Like 1

Screw you Vince, Kevin Dunn, RAW bookers and The Shield. I can't stand any of them, keep pushing the same 3 undeserving guys and keep burying the entire RAW locker room to make them look strong, your main event card is going to be really diversified for the next 5-10 years.

They should just make Roman vs entire RAW locker room at WM35 that would be a good nice idea, everyone would like to see it :yay: And people thought John Cena was unhealthy for other wrestlers lol.

F*cking pissed for The Miz, this guy deserves so much more than the crap WWE are giving to him. And who gets rewarded ? The same sob that always gets everything, right.

At least they know how to book Braun since Vince loves big sweaty guy. 

Give the main roster awesome talents from all around the world and watch WWE ruining them :

Neville ? Gone.

The Miz ? Best guy on the mic in WWE but rarely wins.

Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn ? Smackdown clowns.

Finn Balor ? Nothing interesting for him since his return from injury so let's put him on random tag team match with the hardy boyz.

Samoa Joe ? Same, so let's recycle what NXT already did, but let's make it worse with no story to make the feud look interesting.

Shinsuke Nakamura ? Jinder Mahal's food.

Gallows and Anderson ? Comedy tag team.

Rusev ? Jobber.

Tyler Breeze (before Breezango) ? Jobber.

Dudley Boyz ? Jobber.

Sheamus and Cesaro ? Shield pushover.

Nia Jax ? Too powerful, too difficult to book.

Sasha Banks ? 4 title reigns, never been able to defend her title.

Matt Hardy ? Let's not try to recreate the Broken Universe and make him job to Elias.

Bray Wyatt ? Let's turn him into a transexual because no woman can do sister abigail better than bray.

Bobby Roode ? Appears every now and then just to remind us that he has been "push" to the main roster to face the awesome Dolph Ziggler.

And people wonder why Kenny Omega doesn't want to go to WWE or why CM Punk will NEVER come back.

Your next Revival sorry. And watch them put Aleister Black in 205 live and make him lose to Enzo Amore or do a 3MB reunion when Drew gets punished to the main roster.

Never been the type of guy that always complain about WWE's crap and I've been watching for 10 years or something like that but WWE is just making me mad, especially since they gave the title to Goldberg when should have just kept the title on K.O so we could see the most interesting feud at the time for one of the main championships.

What will happen when they won't be able to bring back part timers to fill Wrestlemania card ? 

Edit : Just saw that the reason behind the Miz loss could be another Marine movie but the point still stands. If they want to make that title prestigious again they should have given it to someone like Samoa Joe, because as far as I'm concerned, Roman Reigns' reign as US Champion was terrible. And considering the reigning defending Universal Champion is Brock Lesnar, RAW is really in need of a good defending IC champion, not someone who is going to carry the championship with him without trying to elevate the title or defend it.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 2

Overall I really enjoyed this Wrestling weekend with NXT Takeover and Survivor Series. Not much to complain, except that the War Games Cage didn't have a roof and the horrible Men's Survivor Series Elimination Match Booking. Cena didn't belong there, while true Smackdown guys like Shinsuke and Roode were eliminated way too early, and the ending was kinda dumb. I wanna see Braun as the Heavyweight Champion, but he's not gonna get there. Furthermore I don't think that there will be a Triple H vs Strowman Match anytime soon.

The Women's Elimination Match would've been more exciting with Asuka vs Becky Lynch in the end. No clue why they went with Nattie and Tamina instead.

Regarding NXT: Never was a fan of Patrick Clark, but he put himself over as Velveteen Dream and had such a great chemistry with Aleister Black. You can't teach that, it just happens naturally in the ring. These two plus Adam Cole can be the next big stars in the WWE. Cole's just oozing charisma and has the "It" factor, like Nakamura for example.

About Raw: Paige's stable looks promising. The whole division gained a lot more depth with the three. With currently 20 Women on the main roster (including the Champions, as well as Nikki and Maria), there could very well be a Women's Royal Rumble Match next year. They could bring back Beth Phoenix, Lita, Kelly Kelly, Michelle McCool, or even Trish for the first Female Rumble, to fill some of the spots.

Don't know what to make of the IC title change. Apparently The Miz is currently shooting another Marine movie, which explains why it happened somehow. Having Roman as Champion though, hmm... . People cheer him one time and Vince suddenly thinks he can shove him down our throats again. Looking back at his US Championship reign, I don't believe it'll be better this time. The IC belt deserves more spotlight though, so we'll see.

• Like 2

WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

WWE SmackDown LIVE

Nov. 21, 2017

Well, SD was better and not full of disastrous disappointments. Someone was right about Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn getting fired. These two should actually stay IMO. They should go up to attempt getting the Tag Team Champions. So it's KO vs Randy next week. That should be interesting.

I knew it - AJ Styles vs Jinder Mahal at Clash of Champions. Time for The Phenomenal to drop the title once again then Jinder become 2 time champion to prepare for the Indian tour. I have a feeling that PPV won't be that good, but we'll see.

The Bludgeon Brothers have finally arrived at a combined weight of nearly 600 pounds! Finally an awesome re-debut for Luke Harper and Erick Rowan. That's what I like about SmackDown. This guys are probably gonna face The Usos at Clash of Champions.

SmackDown copied RAW right there. Three women from NXT destroying the division and Becky must've been hit really hard and could be possibly injured. No wonder why I haven't seen Ruby Riot, Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan in action on NXT. Those "NXT" chants probably meant that the main roster is getting brutalized by NXT. Can't wait for SD to build them up slowly, but perfectly. 

18 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Screw you Vince, Kevin Dunn, RAW bookers and The Shield. I can't stand any of them, keep pushing the same 3 undeserving guys and keep burying the entire RAW locker room to make them look strong, your main event card is going to be really diversified for the next 5-10 years.

They should just make Roman vs entire RAW locker room at WM35 that would be a good nice idea, everyone would like to see it :yay: And people thought John Cena was unhealthy for other wrestlers lol.

F*cking pissed for The Miz, this guy deserves so much more than the crap WWE are giving to him. And who gets rewarded ? The same sob that always gets everything, right.

At least they know how to book Braun since Vince loves big sweaty guy. 

Give the main roster awesome talents from all around the world and watch WWE ruining them :

Neville ? Gone.

The Miz ? Best guy on the mic in WWE but rarely wins.

Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn ? Smackdown clowns.

Finn Balor ? Nothing interesting for him since his return from injury so let's put him on random tag team match with the hardy boyz.

Samoa Joe ? Same, so let's recycle what NXT already did, but let's make it worse with no story to make the feud look interesting.

Shinsuke Nakamura ? Jinder Mahal's food.

Gallows and Anderson ? Comedy tag team.

Rusev ? Jobber.

Tyler Breeze (before Breezango) ? Jobber.

Dudley Boyz ? Jobber.

Sheamus and Cesaro ? Shield pushover.

Nia Jax ? Too powerful, too difficult to book.

Sasha Banks ? 4 title reigns, never been able to defend her title.

Matt Hardy ? Let's not try to recreate the Broken Universe and make him job to Elias.

Bray Wyatt ? Let's turn him into a transexual because no woman can do sister abigail better than bray.

Bobby Roode ? Appears every now and then just to remind us that he has been "push" to the main roster to face the awesome Dolph Ziggler.

And people wonder why Kenny Omega doesn't want to go to WWE or why CM Punk will NEVER come back.

Your next Revival sorry. And watch them put Aleister Black in 205 live and make him lose to Enzo Amore or do a 3MB reunion when Drew gets punished to the main roster.

Never been the type of guy that always complain about WWE's crap and I've been watching for 10 years or something like that but WWE is just making me mad, especially since they gave the title to Goldberg when should have just kept the title on K.O so we could see the most interesting feud at the time for one of the main championships.

What will happen when they won't be able to bring back part timers to fill Wrestlemania card ? 

Edit : Just saw that the reason behind the Miz loss could be another Marine movie but the point still stands. If they want to make that title prestigious again they should have given it to someone like Samoa Joe, because as far as I'm concerned, Roman Reigns' reign as US Champion was terrible. And considering the reigning defending Universal Champion is Brock Lesnar, RAW is really in need of a good defending IC champion, not someone who is going to carry the championship with him without trying to elevate the title or defend it.

Apparently he's gonna make the IC title more prestigious than Miz would ever do - Open Challenges :facepalm:, but okay we'll see. I just wish Miz never lost it. Screw you, Vince.  

EDIT: Wait, another Marine movie? So that's the reason why he lost the title? Oh c'mon. Someone should've taken it away from him instead of Reigns. Now The Bar will lose their Tag Team titles to Seth and Dean. We already know what The Shield is capable of - stop making look like indestructibles!!! ?

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 2

I liked Smackdown way more than RAW even if it felt a little bit disappointing. Why don't they use Bobby Roode, Nakamura or Rusev ? These guys are not going to be top stars without appearing. I'm sure Smackdown could really use a 3 hours show too. 

I don't know what to think of what they are doing with K.O and Zayn. One week it looks like they want to make this be the top story into Wrestlemania and the next week it looks like they just want to make them look stupid. Maybe I'm wrong but I think they are also trying to do something with Daniel Bryan. I wasn't a huge fan of him but he was certainly a great wrestler so I wouldn't mind seeing  Team Daniel Bryan vs Team Shane McMahon for the control of smackdown at WM.

I also prefered smackdown nxt women invasion because it was way more brutal imo, poor Becky got destroyed :( (And Paige trying to have a cheap pop was awkward)

I was just a bit disappointed to not see Carmella cash-in, I thought it was the perfect time but I guess it wasn't. Smackdown women roster will be much better now I believe because apart from Charlotte and Becky I always thought that SD Women roster was really poor compared to RAW.

I love Luke Harper in ring work and when he debuted I thought he was the one that will come out on top of the Wyatt Family because he his so damn good to watch. So I'm really happy to see him again and I hope this run will lead to something for him and rowan.

During an interview, he also said that his goal in WWE was to be the WWE champion so I really wish him good luck with that dream because he his unfortunately very far from reaching it.

1 hour ago, ee28max said:

I knew it - AJ Styles vs Jinder Mahal at Clash of Champions. Time for The Phenomenal to drop the title once again then Jinder become 2 time champion to prepare for the Indian tour. I have a feeling that PPV won't be that good, but we'll see.

I'm so scared of that. I'll be furious if they do that lol. Maybe the big plan for WM34 is Brock vs Reigns for the Universal championship and Jinder vs Cena for the WWE championship, I'm so impatient for these two match I just can't wait ?

• Like 2

Damn, Ruby started a Riot with her faction. Too bad that it literally was a copy of the Raw invasion, otherwise it would've been even more impactful. But to give Ruby, Liv & Sarah credit, it was more brutal and the interaction was better than it was between Paige, Mandy & Sonya in my opinion.

The rest of the show was okay, although it felt like they changed the ending last minute. Maybe it's just me, but I expected something to happen during the Lumberjack Match. Shane wanted to fire Owens & Zayn, but Bryan "saves" them, because he has another idea. Later we saw Shane being cocky and letting everyone know that he's going to the hotel and watch Smackdown there (meaning he can't do anything about what might happen later). Before the main event Daniel was asked about the violent attacks by the former NXT girls and just says "no comment" (he has nothing to say about Heels destroying Faces, very interesting). Then there was the Tag Team Match itself which Kevin & Sami won against all odds, while the Lumberjacks beat the shit out of each other. The perfect time for someone to interfere...but no one (Daniel Bryan) shows up. Sami gets destroyed by three babyfaces like The Miz on Monday and still nothing happens. Instead we see Kevin begging on his knees to not get fired and Daniel only gives him a match with Orton next week, that's it.

Why do all that stuff if Daniel isn't interfering in the end to help them and turn against Shane? The huge cliffhanger is just Randy vs Kevin?

Edited by Jesaya815
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I liked Smackdown way more than RAW even if it felt a little bit disappointing. Why don't they use Bobby Roode, Nakamura or Rusev ? These guys are not going to be top stars without appearing. I'm sure Smackdown could really use a 3 hours show too. 

I don't know what to think of what they are doing with K.O and Zayn. One week it looks like they want to make this be the top story into Wrestlemania and the next week it looks like they just want to make them look stupid. Maybe I'm wrong but I think they are also trying to do something with Daniel Bryan. I wasn't a huge fan of him but he was certainly a great wrestler so I wouldn't mind seeing  Team Daniel Bryan vs Team Shane McMahon for the control of smackdown at WM.

I also prefered smackdown nxt women invasion because it was way more brutal imo, poor Becky got destroyed :( (And Paige trying to have a cheap pop was awkward)

I was just a bit disappointed to not see Carmella cash-in, I thought it was the perfect time but I guess it wasn't. Smackdown women roster will be much better now I believe because apart from Charlotte and Becky I always thought that SD Women roster was really poor compared to RAW.

I love Luke Harper in ring work and when he debuted I thought he was the one that will come out on top of the Wyatt Family because he his so damn good to watch. So I'm really happy to see him again and I hope this run will lead to something for him and rowan.

During an interview, he also said that his goal in WWE was to be the WWE champion so I really wish him good luck with that dream because he his unfortunately very far from reaching it.

I'm so scared of that. I'll be furious if they do that lol. Maybe the big plan for WM34 is Brock vs Reigns for the Universal championship and Jinder vs Cena for the WWE championship, I'm so impatient for these two match I just can't wait 1f610.png

You're right, SmackDown is worthy show for 3 hours, just like RAW. I would like to see Bobby Roode and Baron Corbin feud for the United States Championship and maybe have a match at Clash of Champions. If Triple Threat can be implemented, then Nakamura can as well join the feud. 

This K.O and Zayn/Bryan/Shane story is getting super interesting. Everything that @Jesaya815 has said absolutely makes sense. Most of the stuff that happened last night were mini copies of RAW and I didn't notice the rest other than the brutalization of the former NXT girls. The New Day destroyed Sami > The Shield destroyed Miz. I don't think the Randy vs K.O has anything to do with Twitter, but it has to be part of this story. I wonder what Daniel is up to. Oh well, we'll find out. Hope things turn out great and not screwed up by Vince.

I think Carmella will only cash in next year at one of the "Big Four" PPVs (okay, let me just say any place) or maybe at the very end of this year or once everything settles down. (Btw, is she a babyface now?) She probably can't penetrate through in a situation like this, because Ruby and her friends will obviously take her out immediately, blocking her way/road to victory and success.

I miss those beards too :P. Glad they're back. I hope they will climb up the Tag Team division and face The Usos at Clash of Champions. I strongly trust SD that they can re-build them and not end up like The Wyatt Family. 

My gosh. Itachi, if those plans are to be setup at WM34, do you know what that means? One of them (Reigns or Cena) have to win the Royal Rumble next year :o. I might be wrong though, but if Reigns wins, then I'll pack up my bags and fly to the WWE Headquarters and punch Vince right in the face. Just kidding. This guy has been in 3 Royal Rumbles in which he nearly won them all (okay, he won 2015 thanks to his cousin, The Rock). He was the last man standing with Batista in 2014, Rusev in 2015 (which he won) and Randy in 2017. If Cena wins, then he'll tie with Stone Cold's record of winning 3 Royal Rumble matches in history. It will also be a pattern for Cena, because he won in 2008 > (5 years later) < 2013 > (5 years later) < 2018. Maybe one of them will win an Elimination Chamber, but I doubt it because there has to be a championship in that match, otherwise an Elimination Chamber match is not worth a type of match for a No. 1 contender. It will be RAW Exclusive anyway, so yeah.  

1 hour ago, Jesaya815 said:

Damn, Ruby started a Riot with her faction.

Nice catch, bro :highfive:.

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, ee28max said:

You're right, SmackDown is worthy show for 3 hours, just like RAW. I would like to see Bobby Roode and Baron Corbin feud for the United States Championship and maybe have a match at Clash of Champions. If Triple Threat can be implemented, then Nakamura can as well join the feud. 

This K.O and Zayn/Bryan/Shane story is getting super interesting. Everything that @Jesaya815 has said absolutely makes sense. Most of the stuff that happened last night were mini copies of RAW and I didn't notice the rest other than the brutalization of the former NXT girls. The New Day destroyed Sami > The Shield destroyed Miz. I don't think the Randy vs K.O has anything to do with Twitter, but it has to be part of this story. I wonder what Daniel is up to. Oh well, we'll find out. Hope things turn out great and not screwed up by Vince.

I think Carmella will only cash in next year at one of the "Big Four" PPVs (okay, let me just say any place) or maybe at the very end of this year or once everything settles down. (Btw, is she a babyface now?) She probably can't penetrate through in a situation like this, because Ruby and her friends will obviously take her out immediately, blocking her way/road to victory and success.

I miss those beards too :P. Glad they're back. I hope they will climb up the Tag Team division and face The Usos at Clash of Champions. I strongly trust SD that they can re-build them and not end up like The Wyatt Family. 

My gosh. Itachi, if those plans are to be setup at WM34, do you know what that means? One of them (Reigns or Cena) have to win the Royal Rumble next year :o. I might be wrong though, but if Reigns wins, then I'll pack up my bags and fly to the WWE Headquarters and punch Vince right in the face. Just kidding. This guy has been in 3 Royal Rumbles in which he nearly won them all (okay, he won 2015 thanks to his cousin, The Rock). He was the last man standing with Batista in 2014, Rusev in 2015 (which he won) and Randy in 2017. If Cena wins, then he'll tie with Stone Cold's record of winning 3 Royal Rumble matches in history. It will also be a pattern for Cena, because he won in 2008 > (5 years later) < 2013 > (5 years later) < 2018. Maybe one of them will win an Elimination Chamber, but I doubt it because there has to be a championship in that match, otherwise an Elimination Chamber match is not worth a type of match for a No. 1 contender. It will be RAW Exclusive anyway, so yeah.  

Nice catch, bro :highfive:.

Yeah, I couldn't resist making that pun  :angel:

Hard to tell if Carmella is a babyface or still a heel. It seems like even the writers don't know what to do with her after Elsworth was dropped and released. With him there always was a chance for her to gain some heat or at least have a backstage segment.

Maybe we'll see a cash-in at Clash of Champions if Ruby, Liv and Sarah destroy Charlotte again - potentially after Flair successfully defends her title against Riot for example.

Speaking of cash-ins, Dave Meltzer reported that Money in the Bank will feature both brands next year. Nothing has been decided yet if there will be two Raw and two Smackdown MITB matches, or just a men's and women's match with wrestlers from both rosters. There also was a discussion about having a Tag Team MITB match.

I think this is a wise decision. They can build Money in the Bank as the fifth big event and reduce the Brand Split PPVs that way.

• Like 1

NXT_Wrestling.png

WWE NXT

Nov. 22, 2017

It's been a while since I've NXT that short with only 2 matches booked. NXT's storylines are decent and amusing, not rushed like the ones on the main roster, and their TakeOver PPVs are kinda months apart, that's what I truly like about NXT. Following what the shows offer won't disappoint you at all. Posting a review for NXT will only be a rare thing, I guess. Many WWE fans watch the 2 top dog shows, so that's about it. 

Johnny Gargano and Pete Dunne's match for UK Championship was awesome. I wish Tyler Bate was included here. One of those guys should go over the top of NXT (speaking about Johnny). He was at the verge of defeating the Bruiserweight himself. Ruby and Sonya's match was great too. I think they settled their businesses one more time before saying goodbye to the NXT Universe.

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ee28max said:

Johnny Gargano and Pete Dunne's match for UK Championship was awesome. I wish Tyler Bate was included here. One of those guys should go over the top of NXT (speaking about Johnny). He was at the verge of defeating the Bruiserweight himself. Ruby and Sonya's match was great too. I think they settled their businesses one more time before saying goodbye to the NXT Universe.

I heard a lot of good things about this match so I'll definitely watch it when I have the time because Pete Dunn is really an excellent wrestler and probably my biggest surprise of 2017 :D 
I think they are waiting for Ciampa to come back to push either Gargano and/or Ciampa to a better spot in NXT. So I don't think we will see Gargano do meaningful things until then but I'm not worried about him, he his already liked a lot by the NXT universe and he could really well be the next big babyface, whether he is on NXT or on the main roster.

• Like 1

On 22/11/2017 at 10:32 PM, ee28max said:

Yeah I know that would suck but that would not surprise me at all tbh. Since 2012 the Royal Rumble have been won by already established guys or part timers and even in 2012, Sheamus was a much bigger deal than he his now so yeah I don't think WWE would let the RR elevate a superstar that needs it because why would WWE try to create more stars ? :P 

It would make perfect sense for Braun Strowman to dominate this RR and face Brock at Wrestlemania but we all know how stuborn Vince is with his golden boy getting the main event spot. If I had to choose a RR winner for this year it would be either Braun Strowman or AJ Styles but I really don't see that happening so we can probably bet between Cena, Roman or a returning part timer...

(Sorry for the double post I thought I was in the edit section :P )

• Like 1

18 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I heard a lot of good things about this match so I'll definitely watch it when I have the time because Pete Dunn is really an excellent wrestler and probably my biggest surprise of 2017 :D 
I think they are waiting for Ciampa to come back to push either Gargano and/or Ciampa to a better spot in NXT. So I don't think we will see Gargano do meaningful things until then but I'm not worried about him, he his already liked a lot by the NXT universe and he could really well be the next big babyface, whether he is on NXT or on the main roster.

Oh, I see. Gargano was a member of DIY and his teammate betrayed him at NXT TakeOver: Chicago, right? I think his current position is okay, and being the next huge babyface of NXT would be great.

16 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Yeah I know that would suck but that would not surprise me at all tbh. Since 2012 the Royal Rumble have been won by already established guys or part timers and even in 2012, Sheamus was a much bigger deal than he his now so yeah I don't think WWE would let the RR elevate a superstar that needs it because why would WWE try to create more stars ? :P 

It would make perfect sense for Braun Strowman to dominate this RR and face Brock at Wrestlemania but we all know how stuborn Vince is with his golden boy getting the main event spot. If I had to choose a RR winner for this year it would be either Braun Strowman or AJ Styles but I really don't see that happening so we can probably bet between Cena, Roman or a returning part timer...

(Sorry for the double post I thought I was in the edit section :P )

Honestly, I'm sick of the part-timers now. The Rock was the only best part timer they could bring back in 2011 (maybe others as well, but that's what I can think of for now). He went on to face Cena at WrestleMania 28 under the phrase "Once in a Lifetime", without any championship involved and then the following year, there was title match involved but the good thing is that it didn't ruin any superstar's moment or steal their spotlight. Now, we had to see Mr. Goldberg return and squash Brock in under 2 minutes at Survivor Series 2016, that was okay. Next, he took the Universal Champion off of Kevin Owen's hands at Fastlane, to get victimized and conquered by The Beast incarnate at WrestleMania 33. There was already some fierce tension when K.O betrayed Y2J at the Festival of Friendship, until Goldberg got himself involved. Would've been better if Chris and K.O fought at WM33, but Brock and Goldberg's match was just fine. The following night on RAW after winning the Universal title, the fans wanted Goldberg to get fired.

Your point absolutely makes sense about Braun or AJ Styles winning the RR, but that's Vince for ya. The only answer we might get is either Roman, Cena and maybe a part timer, like you said.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ee28max said:

Oh, I see. Gargano was a member of DIY and his teammate betrayed him at NXT TakeOver: Chicago, right? I think his current position is okay, and being the next huge babyface of NXT would be great.

Don't remember the name of the PPV but yes, Ciampa betrayed Gargano and the crowd was absolutely shocked this was such a big deal :D I think Ciampa should return soon so they may start to really use them once the two are ready to start what might be a memorable feud. (But I'm not worried about that since NXT bookers generally take their time to develop their stories)

• Like 1

Well, WWE is currently in panic mode about the Universal Championship match Royal Rumble. They aren't sure whether it should be Brock Lesnar vs Finn Balor or Brock Lesnar vs Braun Strowman (rematch). Since we all know that The Beast won't lose 'till WrestleMania 34, the Brock vs Braun match sounds pretty bad IMO. The Monster already lost at No Mercy and lost some momentum there, so we don't wanna see that again. On the other hand, Finn Balor still needs and deserves a Universal Championship rematch, because he frankly never lost it in the first place. Why can't those guys just use their stupid brains and give him the rematch? He has said it before in the year that he's gonna get his title back, and I can relate that - 1. WWE Payback 2017 at Miz TV, 2. At an interview with Charly after No Mercy, and a couple of times. Seth Rollins even lost his title due to knee injury and missed WM32 (speaking of WM, Balor also missed WM33 this year), but returned at Extreme Rules and got his rematch immediately the following PPV (which was Money in the Bank) for the title he never lost and defeated Reigns clean, and then 2 minutes later, Dean ruined his victory by cashing in that exact night he won the briefcase. Finn is the longest reigning NXT Champion, but lost it for the first time under the Demon persona at NXT TakeOver: The End (which I think shouldn't have happened). Brock even faced guys like AJ Styles (recently at Survivor Series) and Samoa Joe (at Great Balls of Fire) and those matches were no doubt awesome. He got awesome feuds, like the one with Bray Wyatt, but because of the mumps that came up at the wrong time, we don't know who Sister Abigail is today. Fuck all the injuries that happened (Naomi - knee injury - vacated her title, but happily won it back at WM33). (Big Cass - knee injury - where would he be by now at RAW if he wasn't injured? I wish he continued squashing Enzo at that Brooklyn Street Fight). If Roman happens to take the title off of Brock at WM34, then I'd like to see him and Balor go feud. C'mon, like seriously. Maybe they are waiting for Brock to drop the title so they can finally give him the rematch?

On 11/23/2017 at 11:14 AM, Jesaya815 said:

Hard to tell if Carmella is a babyface or still a heel. It seems like even the writers don't know what to do with her after Elsworth was dropped and released. With him there always was a chance for her to gain some heat or at least have a backstage segment.

Maybe we'll see a cash-in at Clash of Champions if Ruby, Liv and Sarah destroy Charlotte again - potentially after Flair successfully defends her title against Riot for example.

Speaking of cash-ins, Dave Meltzer reported that Money in the Bank will feature both brands next year. Nothing has been decided yet if there will be two Raw and two Smackdown MITB matches, or just a men's and women's match with wrestlers from both rosters. There also was a discussion about having a Tag Team MITB match.

I think this is a wise decision. They can build Money in the Bank as the fifth big event and reduce the Brand Split PPVs that way.

Oh yeah, regarding the Money in the Bank, I've had this question inside of me for over 6 years. Do the championship contracts inside the briefcase expire after one year if you don't cash in? Or what happens if the next MitB PPV arrives while you still have the case? 

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 1

Not 100% sure but I think I heard Michael Cole saying a lot of times that Dolph Ziggler had to cash his briefcase quickly so I think this is just a one year deal. That would be nonsense if a MITB winner could keep his contract for 20 years if he desires :P 

And I liked it when I heard that Vince and the officials were not impressed by Finn's work and personna and to try to prove their point they set a pole asking the WWE universe who they would like to see against Brock which Finn easily won. (40%, Braun is 20% iirc and the third place is occupied by Triple H at 10%) 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Not 100% sure but I think I heard Michael Cole saying a lot of times that Dolph Ziggler had to cash his briefcase quickly so I think this is just a one year deal. That would be nonsense if a MITB winner could keep his contract for 20 years if he desires :P 

And I liked it when I heard that Vince and the officials were not impressed by Finn's work and personna and to try to prove their point they set a pole asking the WWE universe who they would like to see against Brock which Finn easily won. (40%, Braun is 20% iirc and the third place is occupied by Triple H at 10%) 

Oh my gosh, I just saw this right now. I saw the poll and he's currently at approximately 65% and Braun is right behind him. He himself joked about not being over enough by making some turkey for Thanksgiving :P. I think the officials said that after his loss to Joe this past RAW. Whatever though, we'll just find out ourselves then.

Keeping the MITB contract for over a year just sounds stupid and a wasteful opportunity of a lifetime. I expected Seth to be one of them, but he successfully cashed in at WM31. Maybe most superstars just wait for the best time to cash in. I really hope Carmella's cash in will be a big deal and become a star from that point. Am I the only one who thinks Michael Cole sometimes secretly spreads spoilers? Every time Roman Reigns is in action he mentions the Undertaker thing. Glad he's coming back at RAW 25.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2017 at 11:14 AM, Jesaya815 said:

Making the Money in the Bank PPV the fifth biggest PPV would be definitely awesome and it'll be then the "Big Five". Featuring both rosters and maybe fighting for one briefcase, the male and female superstars. Hope this happens, one thing I'm looking forward to in 2018.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ee28max said:

Oh my gosh, I just saw this right now. I saw the poll and he's currently at approximately 65% and Braun is right behind him. He himself joked about not being over enough by making some turkey for Thanksgiving :P. I think the officials said that after his loss to Joe this past RAW. Whatever though, we'll just find out ourselves then.

Keeping the MITB contract for over a year just sounds stupid and a wasteful opportunity of a lifetime. I expected Seth to be one of them, but he successfully cashed in at WM31. Maybe most superstars just wait for the best time to cash in. I really hope Carmella's cash in will be a big deal and become a star from that point. Am I the only one who thinks Michael Cole sometimes secretly spreads spoilers? Every time Roman Reigns is in action he mentions the Undertaker thing. Glad he's coming back at RAW 25.

Haha, 65% for a "bland" guy seems really high :P I agree to an extent with them saying that the human personna of Finn might be a little bit bland but it's not like they have really tried something interesting with him anyway so who knows how good he could be on the mic. On top of that, is accent is not too harsh and when AJ Styles debuted he wasn't even that comfortable on the mic and look at him now. I hope they realize their mistakes (not sure that will happen because of Vince's sturborness ...) and use him in a much better way in the future. I don't really know if I want to see him face Brock Lesnar though, the beast has already destroyed most of RAW top stars and made them look ridiculous (apart from Samoa Joe who left that feud even more threatening) so I wouldn't mind not seeing him until Wrestlemania.

Concerning the MITB, I don't know if WWE will one day let someone not utilize his contract at all, that would be such a waste imo :P MITB is my favourite PPV of the year along with Summerslam so I'm glad that they made MITB dual branded for 2018 because I have a lot of good memories of MITB cash-ins with Seth Rollins' cash in being my favourite (Just before the one of The Miz).

But I really wonder what are WWE plans for this PPV. Are they going to have 4 MITB matchs (2 for the women and 2 for the men of each brand) or just 2 MITB with the winners being able to cash in on either the WWE Champion or the Universal champion / RAW or SD women champion ?

I would prefer the second option just because of the surprise factor and the fact that 4 might be too much.

And as far as The Undertaker is concerned I don't even know if WWE are certain that this was Undertaker's last match but we might have our answer on the 25th anniversary of RAW.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Haha, 65% for a "bland" guy seems really high :P I agree to an extent with them saying that the human personna of Finn might be a little bit bland but it's not like they have really tried something interesting with him anyway so who knows how good he could be on the mic. On top of that, is accent is not too harsh and when AJ Styles debuted he wasn't even that comfortable on the mic and look at him now. I hope they realize their mistakes (not sure that will happen because of Vince's sturborness ...) and use him in a much better way in the future. I don't really know if I want to see him face Brock Lesnar though, the beast has already destroyed most of RAW top stars and made them look ridiculous (apart from Samoa Joe who left that feud even more threatening) so I wouldn't mind not seeing him until Wrestlemania.

Concerning the MITB, I don't know if WWE will one day let someone not utilize his contract at all, that would be such a waste imo :P MITB is my favourite PPV of the year along with Summerslam so I'm glad that they made MITB dual branded for 2018 because I have a lot of good memories of MITB cash-ins with Seth Rollins' cash in being my favourite (Just before the one of The Miz).

But I really wonder what are WWE plans for this PPV. Are they going to have 4 MITB matchs (2 for the women and 2 for the men of each brand) or just 2 MITB with the winners being able to cash in on either the WWE Champion or the Universal champion / RAW or SD women champion ?

I would prefer the second option just because of the surprise factor and the fact that 4 might be too much.

And as far as The Undertaker is concerned I don't even know if WWE are certain that this was Undertaker's last match but we might have our answer on the 25th anniversary of RAW.

I would also prefer the 2 MITB matches (males - featuring both brands) and (females - featuring both brands) because 4 might be really too much, so it'll be much ideal to see 2 MITB winners being able to cash in on WWE Champion (if a SD superstar wins) or Universal Champion (if a RAW superstar wins) / RAW or SD Women's champion, just as you said :). MITB is one of my favorite PPVs of the year, but I can't choose - it's a 3-way tie between TLC, Elimination Chamber and RR. The runners up would then be MITB and HIAC. My favorite cash in was also that of Seth Rollins at WrestleMania 31 (probably made it up to himself after that brutal reversal from Curb Stomp to RKO that night :lol:). I also wish Rollins still uses that finisher. The Pedigree should just be Triple H Exclusive. They need to look for a new finisher for him. 2nd favorite cash in is the one of Sheamus at Survivor Series 2015 when he ruined Roman's celebration - all courtesy of Triple H getting himself Speared after requesting a handshake. The Miz's cash in was also good (that's where he defeated Randy Orton at RAW, right?). Again, the one for Alberto Del Rio on CM Punk back in 2011 (I think it was at Night of Champions). Again, Dean's cash in at MITB 2016. Probably the fastest cash in, in history.

Sometimes I just wish The Undertaker completely retired after his streak was broken at WM30 or maybe Hell in a Cell 2015 after getting F-5'd on an exposed piece of the ring by Brock and just become the biggest part timer or something. His WM31 match against Bray wasn't that bad, it just made Bray look weak and there was no point of him winning after the dead streak. Yes, he should've retired a little earlier before losing to Roman (which is probably his biggest accomplishment in WWE today), and the worst-case scenario of that match made WWE lose a lot of fans and supporters - I can relate that in the "Who's your favorite wrestler in WWE?"  thread. The good thing is that we'll find out whether it was his last match after returning at RAW 25 (hope the show will be just good as RAW 1000 back in 2012, where we all saw CM Punk turn Heel, clan reunions, etc). If that was the last match, and he retires there, then we'll probably see him break kayfabe for the first time.  

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ee28max said:

I would also prefer the 2 MITB matches (males - featuring both brands) and (females - featuring both brands) because 4 might be really too much, so it'll be much ideal to see 2 MITB winners being able to cash in on WWE Champion (if a SD superstar wins) or Universal Champion (if a RAW superstar wins) / RAW or SD Women's champion, just as you said :). MITB is one of my favorite PPVs of the year, but I can't choose - it's a 3-way tie between TLC, Elimination Chamber and RR. The runners up would then be MITB and HIAC. My favorite cash in was also that of Seth Rollins at WrestleMania 31 (probably made it up to himself after that brutal reversal from Curb Stomp to RKO that night :lol:). I also wish Rollins still uses that finisher. The Pedigree should just be Triple H Exclusive. They need to look for a new finisher for him. 2nd favorite cash in is the one of Sheamus at Survivor Series 2015 when he ruined Roman's celebration - all courtesy of Triple H getting himself Speared after requesting a handshake. The Miz's cash in was also good (that's where he defeated Randy Orton at RAW, right?). Again, the one for Alberto Del Rio on CM Punk back in 2011 (I think it was at Night of Champions). Again, Dean's cash in at MITB 2016. Probably the fastest cash in, in history.

Sometimes I just wish The Undertaker completely retired after his streak was broken at WM30 or maybe Hell in a Cell 2015 after getting F-5'd on an exposed piece of the ring by Brock and just become the biggest part timer or something. His WM31 match against Bray wasn't that bad, it just made Bray look weak and there was no point of him winning after the dead streak. Yes, he should've retired a little earlier before losing to Roman (which is probably his biggest accomplishment in WWE today), and the worst-case scenario of that match made WWE lose a lot of fans and supporters - I can relate that in the "Who's your favorite wrestler in WWE?"  thread. The good thing is that we'll find out whether it was his last match after returning at RAW 25 (hope the show will be just good as RAW 1000 back in 2012, where we all saw CM Punk turn Heel, clan reunions, etc). If that was the last match, and he retires there, then we'll probably see him break kayfabe for the first time.  

Seth Rollins already has a new finisher, I don't know the name of his new finisher but that's when he grabs his opponent from behind and crash his face with his knee. I don't like it, the Curb Stomp was perfect for him and I remember an interview and he was so angry when he was told to stop the Curb Stomp, that must be hard for a wrestler to stop his own signature move :( 

Yes the Miz's cash in was that one on RAW, I thought he was going to lose but that didn't happen and that was the best move because his run as WWE champion was really solid IMO. It's a shame he was just a guy to put over The Rock vs John Cena but at least he won against John Cena at Wrestlemania and that's already a huge accomplishment.

And don't quote me on that but I think Kane still holds the fastest cash in in WWE history.

Yeah Taker should have retired a long time ago, personally I would have love to see him retire at Wrestlemania XXVIII when he faced Triple H and Shawn Michaels was the special guest referee. He was still able to deliver somewhat good matches and the "end of an era" would have been a perfect way for him to retire with an undefeated streak. Now I just don't care about his matches since he faced Brock at WM 30 where he should also have retired. But since he is going to have a surgery he could possibly deliver one more quality match and I would really like to see him wrestle John Cena for his retirement match because that match would be the biggest waste in WWE history if it doesn't happen imo. But right now I'm just saying to myself that he retired, better have low expectations to not be disappointed.

(Really nice new profile photo btw)

• Like 3